The Order

Emergency Room

"Are you telling me that you're having a hard time acting like Lee Kwang Soo, Hyung?" asked Kwang Soo. "I'm saying that your actions are starting to annoy me. Can't we just play it cool? And play it smart? We're doing this for Dong Wook anyway." answered Jong Kook. Kwang Soo looked at the serious-looking man and said, "Alright, Hyung. I'm sorry about that." Jong Kook smiled at him in return, and said, "Now, that's better." The men looked at Ji Hyo who was busy preparing their order. They looked at each other again when they noticed a man who just barged in and went directly towards the woman.

Ji Hyo was surprised when their annoying customer went to visit her again. "Have you decided?" asked the man. "I already told my answer a long time ago. I said I don't want to date you. I will never date you." Ji Hyo frankly answered. When Ji Hyo was about to get the orders of Kwang Soo and Jong Kook, the man grabbed her hand, and tried to steal a kiss. She has had enough but when she was about to slap the man, he was able to block it. "I told you that I'll make you mine, and that you have no choice but to be your man." said the man as he tried to make a move again.

She closed her eyes for she thought it's hopeless. She's not that strong, and she's not in the mood to fight right now. She opened her eyes to check why nothing landed on her face yet, and she was shocked to see the two Korean men standing near them. "Who are you?" asked the man to the two new customers. "Who are you?" asked Jong Kook in return. "Mind your own business." said the man, but she looked at the two men who are ready to fight the said annoying man. The man was obviously no match with the Korean men, and she smiled in return to thank them.

"Thank you." she said as Kwang Soo and Jong Kook managed to let the annoying customer leave. Kwang Soo looked at her and was about to smile, but Jong Kook told her, "We didn't do that for you. We did that for the food that we ordered. Why is your service here so slow?" Ji Hyo bowed at the two of them to apologize. Minutes later, she's now serving their food. When she's about to give them the water, she saw Jong Kook's height and was reminded of someone. Because she went blank, she didn't realize that she already spilling the water on Kwang Soo's lap.

"Ya!" yelled Kwang Soo. "I-I'm sorry." she apologized again. The manager has had enough of her, and she knew that anytime soon, she'll be fired. She wasn't wrong. The manager went towards her as she handed her her salary. "You're fired." added the manager. She smiled at the thought of leaving the restaurant already. She then saw the two Korean men looking at her, so she smiled at them and said, "You two are my last customers. I hope you enjoy the meal here." Kwang Soo and Jong Kook looked at each other when Ji Hyo left their table.

"Servers her right, Hyung." commented Kwang Soo to which Jong Kook answered nothing. "Hey, Kwang Soo-ya, you and I should have separated in doing this. I can't believe you could be that shallow." Jong Kook then said before standing up to run after Ji Hyo. "Hyung!" called Kwang Soo who then shook his head in disbelief. Kwang Soo then called the manager to ask for some information about the woman he hates a lot, but when the manager asked why, he didn't tell her the reason, but just handed her money to which the manager gladly accepted.

"Song Ji-hyo-ssi..." called Jong Kook. The woman heard her since she turned around and when she saw him, she smiled at him and asked, "Are you going to ask me to pay for your shorts?" Jong Kook smiled at her and said, "No, no. I just want to apologize." Ji Hyo looked at her, and her stare made him surprise of himself. "Ya, Kim Jong Kook, shouldn't she be the one apologizing?" he asked himself. He was still lost, so Ji Hyo put her palm into the air to check whether he has gone blind, and when she didn't see him reacting, her laugh made him go back to reality.

Ji Hyo stopped laughing when she saw the man looking intently at her. "Is there something wrong?" she asked. Jong Kook smiled and answered, "No, there isn't." She smiled back as she asked, "Did you just smile right now?" Jong Kook smiled again as he said, "Like this?" Ji Hyo felt the warmth of his smile, so she told him, "Thank you for making me smile. I know that you find me pitiful right now, but I don't need your pity. I'm used to it. Thank you." Jong Kook was left surprised when Ji Hyo left. He wanted to tell her something, but he couldn't utter a word.

"Hey," called Ji Hyo who looked at his direction again. He was quick to look at her and asked, "Yes?" Ji Hyo smiled at him and asked, "Are you free today?" He was confused with the woman's sudden question, but he's more than willing to get to know Ji Hyo, so he said, "I am." Ji Hyo's smile grew wide as she said, "Then, I'll see you later. I'll meet you at SpartAce Cafe - it's just two blocks from the restaurant where I got fired. I'll see you." Before he can answer, Ji Hyo has waved him goodbye and turned around already. "I'll definitely see you." he whispered.

Hours later, his friend Kwang Soo called him on the phone when he was about to go to where the cafe is. He answered the call and asked, "What is it again? I told you to not interfere with each other's plan, remember?" When Kwang Soo ended the call on the other line, he checked how he looks in front of the mirror and smiled. He left the room and hurriedly went to the cafe. There, he sees Ji Hyo waving at him. "Did you wait for a long time?" Jong Kook asked. Her response suddenly feels like piercing something in his chest. Her response that goes, "Waiting for you is worth the wait, isn't it, Lee Kwang Soo?"