The Engagement

Emergency Room

"That can't be." reacted Kwang Soo when he realized how tough and complicated Jong Kook, Ji Hyo, and Dong Wook's lives are. When Jong Kook smiled at him, he asked him if he's still going to the engagement party in three days. "Of course." answered Jong Kook. "I was asked to sing a song for them." Jong Kook added. "Hyung, just reject it." advised Kwang Soo. Jong Kook shook his head when he told his friend, "They said they will pay me big time, so there's no reason for me to say no to their invitation."

Three days have passed, and now, everyone's getting busy. Se Chan is all smile seeing how his private place is now all over the news. There are so many cameras and microphones all over the place, and he can see a lot of reporters as well as other media people who are about to cover the said news. The trending news for today is the engagement party between two famous people - Lee Dong Wook, a famous celebrity actor and Cheon Sung Im a.ka. Song Ji Hyo, the daughter of a rich businessman named Cheon Sang Gook.

Everyone made way when Sang Gook and his wife arrived at the venue. They were smiling at the cameras as they walked towards their designated seats. People shouted happily when many celebrities were spotted at the said party. And they shouted louder when they saw Kim Jong Kook and Lee Kwang Soo arriving at the said engagement party. Jong Kook and Sang Gook looked at each other's eyes, and when Sang Gook gave Jong Kook a nod, the latter gave him a respectful bow. Kwang Soo bowed at the old man and old woman in front of them.

"Whoa! I really can't get enough of her beauty." one of the paparazzi said when Ji Hyo, who's wearing a short dress arrived at the location. She is now being assisted by Dong Wook, who also looks very dashing in his suit. "Congratulations!" shouted all of the people who are witnessing them. Dong Wook and Ji Hyo bowed at them with a smile, but when Ji Hyo saw Jong Kook, her smile disappeared on her face. Dong Wook looked at her, and looked at where she's looking. When Jong Kook and Dong Wook's eyes met, everyone looked at them.

"Congratulations!" Jong Kook said when he noticed all eyes are on them. "Thank you." answered Dong Wook, who held Ji Hyo's hand tightly. He looked at Ji Hyo, who was looking at him seriously, and when he told her, "Congratulations!", she returned the smile on her face as she replied, "Thanks." Her reply made his heart feel the pain again, but he's not letting it show. He smiled at her when he thanked him, and when she smiled at him in return, he looked away for he can't bear seeing her - smiling at him, as if nothing happened.

The live interview has started, and when Sang Gook was asked why he chose to be interviewed just today, the rich old man said, "I'd do anything for my daughter since I love her." "Sir, there were rumors that you were against Lee Dong Wook before, so what made you decide to marry him with your daughter?" Sang Gook smiled as he looked at Jong Kook and said, "I've said the reason why earlier. I'd do anything for my daughter. I will never ever let someone play with her. Hurting my daughter's feelings is a terrible crime for me."

Jong Kook didn't know that Sang Gook was looking at him, but he could feel that the message was delivered to him. When one of the reporters asked, he was surprised when it was him whom he's asking, "How do you feel now that Ji Hyo, who you used to date before, will marry one of your closest friends?" Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo and Dong Wook before he looked at the reporter and said, "The feeling is very indescribable. But seeing Dong Wook and Ji Hyo being happy together makes me feel happy that I have let go of her."

"So it was you who let go of her?" asked another reporter to which he shut down by saying, "All is well among the three of us. Please don't ask me about them anymore. This party is for them. We are celebrating and congratulating them through this party, right? So Lee Dong Wook and Cheon Sung Im, congratulations again on your upcoming wedding. Later, as I sing you two a song, do know that it's my present. It's a present, which I'm going to sincerely give, since it's what I really want to give." he then said as he smiled at them widely.

The program continued, and now it's time for Jong Kook's performance. Everyone has been anticipating what he'll be singing since he said that it's what he really wants to give them earlier. Jong Kook took the microphone when it was given to him, and when Ji Hyo stared at him, he said, "I told you I was a big fan of Ha Dong Kyun, right? So now, I'm gonna sing you that song of his. I know how much love you have given Dong Wook, and I - I can just say that it was fun chasing an illusion. We really shouldn't catch feelings that were never thrown."

Ji Hyo's tears betrayed her once again when they streamed down her face. She was looking at Jong Kook giving them his congratulatory message, and she knows exactly why her tears have betrayed her. "Dong Wook-ah, please love her." Jong Kook told her lover as the song started to be played. Suk Jin and Jae Suk, who arrived late at the engagement party, looked at each other when they heard what Jong Kook had to say. The two old men looked at Ji Hyo and Dong Wook, and ended up looking at each other feeling sorry about what happened.

Jong Kook intently looked at Ji Hyo as he started singing, "Would you wait a little for me? I will come and pick you up. Relax and stop crying. Did the person who you love left you? I will walk you home. Let's go, let's go. It's cold out here. Why are you still so into him who always makes you cry? You do not know. Everyone knows but you. That I love you very much. Because I was too slow to get to you, you won't know my painful love that is already taken. Does that person not realize how beautiful your smile is more than anybody else? If he does, why does he keep making you cry?"

"Hey there, I don't even know your name, but I am asking you to do this. Please love her, please love her. The girl who you have right now that I couldn't have. Please don't even think about hurting her. Love her. The girl who doesn't acknowledge my love towards her. Because you are the one who she loves, please love her more than I do. Please.. do not let her cry ever again..." 

When he finished singing, he didn't know that the people who have witnessed him singing the song also shed tears. When he looked at them, they gave him a round of applause. They could feel his emotions, and so to divert their attention, he decided to just give them a bow and say something, but Kwang Soo grabbed his hand and shook his head. When he looked at Ji Hyo, the woman was in tears and looking at him. Silence is killing all of them, but everyone was surprised when he started to walk out of the room, only to be much more surprised when Ji Hyo called him in a very loud voice, "Ya! Kim Jong Kook!"