The Recall

Emergency Room

Jong Kook looked at the lessor when he heard his words. The lessor looked at him and said, "I looked at her that way too when she broke the news to me." "Did she tell the reason why?" he asked in a very curious way. "No, she didn't. When I asked her why, she just gave me a bow." the lessor told him. "But you know, you look very familiar." stated the lessor which made him confuse. "Sorry, but I think we just met today." he said. "I'll take the room, Sir. Please tell me the amount that I should be paying." he then added.

The lessor gave him the key, and he doesn't know why his heart is racing so fast. He's actually very confused hearing that Ji Hyo wasn't married to Dong Wook because he was there when it was announced that the couple was already married. When he opened the room door, he smiled upon noticing the cleanliness of the place. He toured around the house, and stopped when he reached the bedroom. He went inside, and realized that Ji Hyo really knows how to live well. He was about to leave the room but he saw something.

He saw a small box near the closet, and he took it. He sat on the bed and placed the box there. He wasn't surprised when he saw what's inside the said box. Inside, he can see a lot of pictures - pictures of Dong Wook and Ji Hyo. He looked at them one by one until one picture caught his attention. It's a picture that he knows didn't exist. But when the picture made him realize that Ji Hyo has been hiding herself for quite some time, he started crying. The picture that he's holding now is actually a picture of him when he asked the guard at her residence.

"Who's that?" asked Ji Hyo to the guard when she noticed that the guard has sent the guy away from their residence. "Can you check the CCTV?" she asked the guard because she got curious on who was looking for her. When she saw the guy on camera, she smiled and mentioned, "He's charming." The guard looked at her and reminded her, "Ms. Song Ji Hyo, your dad asked us not to allow you to like guys yet." She looked at the guard and asked, "Then, do you want to lose your job?" The guard bowed at her as a way of apologizing.

Meanwhile, Ji Hyo was looking at her parents when they asked her about her relationship with Dong Wook. People know that she's married to the man, but they didn't know that it wasn't really true. "We're okay." she said. "How come you two live separately?" her mother asked. She looked at her knowing that her mother is just asking her to confess the truth. She looked at her father and said, "Aren't we done with this, Dad? You two know that I haven't really married him." "Since when have you become so numb?" her father then asked.

Dong Wook, on the other hand, is drinking beer inside his house. He smiled when he recalled how his feelings haven't been gone even though it has been two years since his relationship with Ji Hyo was done. That time, when he told Jong Kook that Ji Hyo is already his wife, he was dying inside to make it come true. But he's not too blind nor too numb to see that Ji Hyo is unhappy. He remembered when Ji Hyo went to his house and gave him a back hug. That time, she told him, "Oppa, what can I do? I'm already in love with Kim Jong Kook."

And then, there was also a time when they were left alone. That was after their engagement party. He heard her opened her heart sincerely as she admitted, "Oppa, I did love you, but I didn't know why I fell out of love. I thought the feelings I have for you will forever remain, but I really have fallen in love with him, Oppa. I-I'm really sorry. I'm very sorry." When she was about to cry, she stopped doing it, and desperately asked him, "Oppa, let me talk to him, please. If he's going to take me, I will be with him. If not, I'll be with you."

When he turned around, he heard Ji Hyo called his name, so he turned to look at her again. "Dong Wook oppa... please..." she said starting to kneel, but he stopped her midway as he said, "D-don't." He looked at her as he stopped himself from crying when he added, "Don't you dare kneel down in front of me because of him." When Ji Hyo stared at him, he then said, "Go. Talk to him. But you have to be back here to tell me whether you'll already be with him or you'll already be with me. The choice is up to Jong Kook-hyung now."

Ji Hyo smiled upon remembering Dong Wook's kindness when he allowed her to take the chance with Jong Kook. However, when she met the masculine man, he said he was sick and tired of her. That time, she actually wanted to be with him for real, but she knows that he can't blame Kim Jong Kook for being so frustrated. It has been a long time since they have been hurting each other, since they have been swallowed by their pride, since they have been hiding their real feelings, but what can she do? It was Jong Kook who asked her to marry Dong Wook.

When Dong Wook saw Ji Hyo and Jong Kook talking after the latter has hurt the woman he's in love with, he told him that they're already married. He was surprised when Jong Kook just looked at him and looked at Ji Hyo without saying anything. When his so-called friend left, he asked Ji Hyo, "Aren't you going to run after him and say I was just joking?" He added, "Chase after him. If he's the one who can make you happy, who am I to stand in your way? I'm setting you free now, Ji Hyo-ya. Because my love is..." he stopped as he sadly smiled at her and said, "...not a cage."