The Conversation

Emergency Room

"Will you say you love me or will you just let him have me?" Ji Hyo asked in a frustrated manner. Right now, she knows that anytime soon, her unusual meeting with Jong Kook after her engagement party, will be the talk of the town. When Dong Wook has told her that they will really be married tomorrow, she asked if she can meet Jong Kook privately. When Dong Wook asked her for the reason, she answered that she'll just talk with the man. "Will your heart waver?" asked Dong Wook to which she asked with a smile, "Should I?"

Jong Kook can't believe what he's seeing and hearing right now. He looked at Ji Hyo, and removed his coat to cover the woman. "Why do you like dressing like that?" he asked out of the blue. Ji Hyo's face turned red, but the woman asked him, "What's your answer?" He smiled at the woman and said, "I guess your listening skills aren't that good." When he saw that Ji Hyo got confused, he told her, "Didn't I tell you what I want to say when I sang the song earlier?" Ji Hyo then asked him again, "Are you 100% sure about that?"

Ji Hyo noticed that there are a lot of people noticing them, so she told Jong Kook, "Let's meet at the singing room." She rode the car, and waited for Jong Kook to ride the same car. When Jong Kook was about to ride it, he saw Dong Wook from afar. He smiled at his so-called friend as he mouthed the words, "Don't worry." When Dong Wook smiled and turned around, he sighed. He then sat next to Ji Hyo. The woman then drove the car real fast, so he said, "Drive slowly. Tomorrow, you and Dong Wook still have to marry."

Upon hearing his words, Ji Hyo stepped down on the brake. Her sudden action almost hurt them, but when he looked at Ji Hyo, he doesn't know why he can't read her mind. "What's your answer?" she asked again. She's just looking at him without saying anything, so he decided to let his heart speak for him. "Do you really want me to be honest with you?" he asked. When Ji Hyo remained silent, he then smiled at her sadly and said, "Even if we're in love with each other, the two of us can't be together."

"Oppa..." called In Na to Dong Wook. Dong Wook stopped walking when he heard a familiar voice. He turned around to see the woman, and was surprised to see how she looks. "Ya, Yoo In Na-ssi, why are you getting thin lately?" he then asked all of a sudden. The woman smiled at him and replied, "I guess I should continue losing weight since you can notice me that way." "I-I'm sorry..." uttered Dong Wook when he heard her reply. "Ji Hyo and I will get married tomorrow. I know I shouldn't tell you this, but..."

Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook and asked, "What made you think that I was in love with you?" Jong Kook smiled at her and said, "I wasn't born yesterday, and I'm not as numb as you are." Ji Hyo smiled at him and replied, "I guess we should have a good talk now, Oppa. After all, tomorrow is the day I'm going to get married and be gone." Jong Kook nodded his head and said, "I guess we really should. I hope Dong Wook doesn't mind you spending time with me now." The woman smiled at him and said, "He already knows that I'm his."

Dong Wook was looking at In Na when they decided to drink coffee together. In Na looked at him and said, "I wish you happiness, Oppa." Dong Wook just looked at In Na when the woman started crying. "I sincerely wish you happiness." she added. "When you get married tomorrow, I will go back to Kansas, and find my happiness there, too." she then said which made him nod. "I wish you happiness, too. I sincerely wish you happiness, too." he then told In Na who is still obviously in love with him.

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo as he asked, "What is so good about Lee Dong Wook?" Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "Oppa, can't we just stop this pretense? Why do you keep lying to yourself? If you love me, you can just tell me, right?" He grinned and shouted, "Then, can you stop pretending? What do you think are you doing right now? Are you just fooling around? Aren't you satisfied yet? Can't you see that I'm really hurting?" Both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were surprised with what he said. He then decided to just go out of the car.

When In Na was about to leave the cafe, she gave something to Dong Wook. She also gave him the necklace he bought for her when they were dating. He was shocked because he thought In Na has never worn it at all. In Na just smiled at the surprised Dong Wook when she said, "Do you know that I almost committed suicide when you did it? I was afraid that you'll be leaving me, so I wanted to follow you. But thanks to that necklace, I was reminded that committing suicide isn't really good. So Oppa, do promise me that you'll never do that again."

Ji Hyo then got off the car, and followed Jong Kook. However, the man was too quick on his steps, so when she started to move faster than usual, an approaching car suddenly became visible to her. Both of them heard the loud sound of the car's horn, so when Jong Kook saw her standing in the middle of the street, he screamed her name aloud, "Ji Hyo-ya!!" A moment of silence was experienced, but they were back to their senses when they saw that the car's driver was able to stop the car right before Ji Hyo's eyes.

Ji Hyo opened her eyes after closing them due to shock earlier, but when she tried to open her eyes more, she suddenly felt like the world is turning around. "Ji Hyo-ya.. Ji Hyo-ya.." she can hear him calling her, but when she decided to respond, she suddenly fainted. Jong Kook hurriedly carried her to her car so he can bring her to the hospital. But then, he was surprised when Ji Hyo thanked him while he's in the middle of driving. "Ya! Didn't you faint?" he asked in a confused yet worried tone. "It was just an act, Oppa." she then answered.

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo through the rear mirror and asked, "Why did you act? Can't you see that I was worried to death that you were hurt?" Ji Hyo smiled at him as she noticed her tears, started falling down her face, "I guess I'm being a crybaby nowadays. It's just too embarrassing to be in a situation like that. I almost died." When they looked at each other again, both felt uneasy. "Just what do you think Dong Wook will do to me if he finds out you were hurt because of me?" Jong Kook then asked which made the situation more awkward.

Ji Hyo then looked at Jong Kook in a serious manner as she asked, "I guess there's no stopping you, right?" He asked, "What do you mean?" "There's no stopping you in pushing me away." she honestly said. "What do you want from me? You know I love you, but I don't want to have you." stated Jong Kook which made her decide to be honest with him for the last time, "Do you know that I love you too? And that the reason why I'm about to marry him is because of...", she then paused for a while as she looked at him again to say, "you?"