The Past

Emergency Room

Ji Hyo looked away when she saw Dong Wook's eyes fixated on her. She doesn't know why her heart still beats for the man who has left her for someone else. She also doesn't know why she looked into the eyes of Dong Wook again. "It's been a while." uttered Dong Wook softly. The man is still as gentle as he is, and she thinks he's still as handsome as he is. She nodded her head as she replied, "Yeah, it's been a while." The man opened the door for her, and she is now looking at the nice interior design of one of Dong Wook's houses.

"Sit down." he told her to which she obliged right away. "What do you want to drink?" Dong Wook asked, so she just answered, "Water." She was surprised when a maid went towards their direction, but Dong Wook told the maid to just focus on doing some chores. The maid nodded at Dong Wook, and so she looked at the man and smiled. "Are you going to serve me for free?" she asked still wearing a smile on her face. The tall handsome man smiled at her and nodded his head when he replied, "I'll always give you anything for free."

Dong Wook handed the glass of water over to her, and she took it. When their eyes met, both of them were reminded of how they used to be. Back then, they'll always drink water so they can get more energy when they do a lot of activities together. Back then, they'll just spend quality time over things that can bring them really closer together. Ji Hyo remembered the day she first saw him. That time, he was with his friends, and she was alone. She was attracted at him at first sight, and when she tried to follow him from a narrow road, she tripped by accident.

To make the matter worse, a motorcyle driver pressed his motorcycle's horn because she was blocking the way. She couldn't stand right away because she's in pain, and when the driver pressed the motorcycle's horn in a louder way, Dong Wook and his friends noticed her situation. Dong Wook's friends were in a hurry that time, and so he asked them to go ahead first. When one of his friends asked where he'd be going, he was already on his way to help the woman whom he doesn't know yet at that time.

"Ya! What are you doing?" shouted the motorcycle driver at her. "Ya! Can't you see that that woman in front of you is hurt? Why don't you help her instead of just standing there and pressing your motorcycle's horn?" yelled someone. Her face turned so red when she realized who the person is. She doesn't know his name yet, and when the motorcycle driver asked him who he thinks he is, the man, who is in front of her, now answered, "My name is Lee Dong Wook. Why don't you give me your name instead so I can report you?"

"Are you okay?" asked the man who went over her way. "Come here! Let me help you." said Dong Wook which made her heart pound. She felt very shy and nervous when Dong Wook carried her. "Why are you so light?" asked the man which made her face turn red. Dong Wook looked at the motorcycle driver again without saying anything. "A-are you okay?" she then asked as she felt like the man is starting to lose energy in carrying her. "Just a little left." answered Dong Wook as their eyes met when he looked at her.

Both of them looked away when the incident happened. She held her chest because she felt like her heart will be exploding anytime soon. When they reached a place where she can sit, Dong Wook carefully placed her there. "What happened to you?" curious Dong Wook asked. "It was because of you." she answered right away without even thinking. "What?" asked Dong Wook which made her say something, but both of them ended up laughing because she stuttered. When they stopped laughing, Dong Wook smiled at her and patted her head.

"Those were the days." Ji Hyo then said aloud when she got momentarily lost into her thoughts earlier. Dong Wook coughed a little when he was reminded of the reality, too. He was so absorbed of the memories he had with Ji Hyo that he didn't know his eyes are already welling up in tears. When Ji Hyo mentioned the words, he looked at her, looking at him. "I wish we could go back to those days. Those happy times when we're still together." said Dong Wook. However, she smiled a little when she reminded him, "It was you who ended those happy times, Oppa."

Jong Kook has opened his eyes when Kwang Soo knocked on the car's window. "We're here, hyung." said Kwang Soo. Earlier, he was just thinking of what he overheard from the two older men, who are very close to Ji Hyo's heart, and now he's here. He's now in a place, where the owner of his heart, is. "I was so stupid." he murmured that made Kwang Soo look at his direction. He saw Kwang Soo looked at him, but didn't say anything. "Kwang Soo-ya, you can tell me." he said as he added, "You can tell me how stupid I am, just like your cousin."

"Oppa..." repeated Dong Wook in a yearning tone upon hearing what she just said. He stood up from where he's sitting as he decided to go out of the room. Ji Hyo followed him without them knowing that they can already be seen by Jong Kook and Kwang Soo from afar. "Oppa!" called Ji Hyo out loud. Her voice cracked when she yelled for Dong Wook's attention. Dong Wook's back is facing her, and so she ran towards him as Kwang Soo looked at Jong Kook when they saw Ji Hyo hugging Dong Wook from behind.

"Kwang Soo-ya, shouldn't I be congratulated? I did a job well done, didn't I?" Jong Kook asked when he saw how affectionate Ji Hyo was towards Dong Wook. "Hyung..." called out Kwang Soo when Jong Kook turned around. However, when he turned around to look at them again, he felt like he was about to be eaten by the ground when Dong Wook, who removed her hand from hugging him at the back, only to give her a very tight hug. He then just decided to walk away. "Hyung!" shouted Kwang Soo which made the four of them look at one another.

Jong Kook looked at Kwang Soo which made the situation more awkward for the four of them. He can see the surprise in Dong Wook and Ji Hyo's eyes when they saw them. He noticed the exchange of stare Dong Wook and Ji Hyo gave to each other, and when they were about to go near them, he shook his head and mouthed some words. He read Ji Hyo's lips asking him to say what he said, so he looked at Kwang Soo, who's already feeling sorry for him. He tried to force a smile as he gave Ji Hyo a thumb's up when he said the word aloud, "Congratulations!"