The Call

Emergency Room

Ji Hyo smiles as she hears Jong Kook's words. She thinks he's right. Being jealous is when you want something that is not yours, and being territorial is protecting what's already yours. She smiles again when Jong Kook tightens the hug that they are sharing. She can't see his face, but she knows that he's smiling as well. "I wish three days won't end soon." he says softly. She holds the arms of Jong Kook's which are wrapped around her body. She tells him, "You told me you won't give me up, so I'm not worried even if three days are already over."

Kwang Soo thinks of the events that have happened in the past. "Do you know where they are?" he asks Hong Soo Hyun, his secretary, who was also with him and Jong Kook when they went to Kansas before. "I heard they went to Bali." answers Soo Hyun which makes him look towards the woman's direction. "Do you think the two of them have really fallen deeply in love?" he asks. Soo Hyun looks at him and answers right away, "I think so." He asks her again, "Who do you think Dong Wook-hyung loves?"

 It's already afternoon in Bali, so Jong Kook and Ji Hyo have decided to come out of the hotel room again. "Where are we going?" she asks. "To a place where I always like to go." he answers. "I don't want to go to the gym." she then says which makes Jong Kook smiles a lot. "Ya, Ji Hyo-ya, we're in Bali, and I want to be alone with you, why should I go to the gym?" he asks. "You can actually go to the gym, Oppa. I can join you if you want." she says as he looks her way in disbelief. "We two should adjust, so we can have a better relationship, right?" 

She looks at Jong Kook who is still looking at her without saying anything. She just told him that they need to adjust, so their relationship can get better, but she didn't hear any reaction from the man in front of her. "Is it awkward?" she asks. Jong Kook then finally shakes his head to answer her question. "I just feel blessed to have a very understanding and loving girlfriend like you." he says. "What did you say?" asks Ji Hyo whose face is blushing. She's liking the term he used for her - girlfriend. She doesn't know that that word will sound so beautiful. 

Soon enough, they arrive at where Jong Kook wants to go -  a karaoke room. "Again?" she asks. "Don't you want to?" he asks in return. "I love it." she replies. He asks for her hand, and she gives it. They enter the same singing room, and it's nice. "Do they have Korean songs here?" she asks. "I hope so." he answers. They search for the songbook, and when it was given to them, they were disappointed that there are no Korean songs. "Should we just sing in English?" asks Jong Kook to which Ji Hyo responds with a nod and a bright smile.

"You're such a big girl." he then says when he sees how beautiful Ji Hyo's response is. "What will you sing?" she asks as she searches for the song that she'd like to sing. "I heard there's this Lee Brice's song that is very popular in Kansas." he says trying to ask for the said song's title. Ji Hyo looks at him and answers his question quickly, "Hard to Love". He smiles when he gets familiar with what she just said. "Right! I want to sing that." he says which makes Ji Hyo search for its code. When Ji Hyo pressed the code, the song starts with the beat right away.

But then, before he can sing the song, Ji Hyo's phone disrupts them. He accidentally canceled the song because both of them were surprised. Ji Hyo excuses herself because she has to take the call, and he smiles as he says that it's okay. Ji Hyo doesn't know the caller, so she contemplates for a minute whether she'll answer it or not. When she was about to answer the call, it has ended already. She shrugs her shoulders and just decided to go inside the singing room, but her phone rings again.

 "Hello?" asks Ji Hyo to the caller. There's a moment of silence, so she asks, "Who's this?" There's just dead air, so she tells the caller, "If you won't say anything, I'll end the call now." "W-wait..." she hears the other person on the line says the word. She gets stunned upon realizing who the owner of the voice is. "A-are you still there?" asks the other person on the line. "Y-yeah." she answers in an awkward manner. "Can you spare me a minute?" ask the familiar person on the other line. "I already am." she then replies as soon as she can.

Jong Kook has been waiting for Ji Hyo to go back to the room, but she isn't back yet. He decided to just accompany her outside while she's taking the call, however, he, himself, receives a call, too. He smiles a little when he gets to know who's calling him. Truthfully, he can no longer remember the last time he has talk with the caller. He feels like because of what's happening around them, even the two of them, are lost. Especially when they decided to never mess with each other's plans. "Hyung..." says the person on the line. "It's been a while, Kwang Soo-ya." he then says as a reply.

Ji Hyo doesn't know why her heart is still racing when she's hearing the voice of the man on the other line. It has almost been a long time since she talked to Dong Wook, but she doesn't know why she's feeling awkward. "I want to talk to you in person. Is it okay?" asks Dong Wook. She forces a smile when she hears his question as she replies, "Don't you think we're way too late to talk in person already?" She knows Dong Wook still has something to say, but she shuts him up by saying, "I'm sorry, but I'm with Jong Kook-oppa now. He's waiting."

Kwang Soo asks, "How have you been, Hyung?" He responds, "Not so good, not so bad." "Are you with Song Ji Hyo-ssi?" his young friend asks. "Is it a question from you or from Lee Dong Wook?" he then returns a question. "Hyung, why would you think that Dong Wook-hyung will ask me to ask you that? That's very childish." comments Kwang Soo. He smiles widely as he tells the young man, "Kwang Soo-ya, just a few more days. A few more days, and our revenge will probably take place. I can't wait to see her face when she realizes the fakeness of my... embrace."