:8: "Hell yeah I am."

Lights, Camera, Romance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So we have a week until our next meeting?” Lisa asked.

 

Jennie nodded, “Jisoo unnie’s Inkigayo MCing and BTS’s schedules cause a lot of conflicts, so we won’t be seeing them until then.”

 

“That must be a relief for you.” Jisoo said.

 

“It kind of is.” Jennie replied.

 

“What happened?” Rosé asked, curious.

 

“During one of our meetings, Yoongi kept typing something and I wanted to know what it was… So I snuck onto the computer last night and looked at what he wrote.”

 

“That’s so bad.”

 

“I know. I think I apologized. He didn’t seem fazed by it though.”

 

“Seokjin oppa and Hobi were kind of weird last night also… it seemed kind of tense at some points during our session.” Jisoo stated.

 

“Ooh, a love triangle maybe?” Lisa grinned.

 

“Says the girl who couldn’t stop staring at V’s abs!”

 

“Yah, I wasn’t!”

 

“Then why’d you even tell us that he was shirtless?”

 

“I-I don’t know!”

 

“Oh my god.” Jennie laughed, then wanted to change the subject, “Did you all sleep well? I mean, you two. You drove home in the middle of the night, right Rosie?”

 

Everyone looked at Roseanne, who looked sort of off for some reason, “Oh, uh, yes, I did… I was kind of nervous because I was so tired.”

 

“You seem tired right now also.” Jisoo said.

 

“I am.”

 

“You should get some rest! Did you and Jungkook dance a lot or something?” Lisa told her.

 

Rosé’s cheeks started to warm up, but not enough for the girls to notice, “Uh, yeah. We finished the choreography.”

 

“Ugh, I’m bored of this conversation.” Jisoo stated, standing up, “Who wants breakfast?”

 

“Me!” The three girls exclaimed.

 

 

“A week? Thank god.” Yoongi mumbled.

 

Hoseok laughed, “You must be so relieved.”

 

“I am. Jennie did something so irritating last night.”

 

“What did she do?” Taehyung asked.

 

“She went snooping onto stuff that I wrote on the computer.”

 

“…So? You didn’t write anything bad, did you?” Namjoon responded.

 

“No, but she still snuck onto it just to see what I typed.”

 

“What did you write?”

 

“Just how bored I was.” Yoongi stated.

 

“How is that irritating, hyung? Are you just finding reasons to get angry with her?” Jimin said, trying not to laugh.

 

“He probably is.” Hoseok joked.

 

“You do seem to blame her for a lot of your issues.” Seokjin commented.

 

“You know what,” Yoongi started to say, then was interrupted by a door opening.

 

Jungkook came out of his bedroom, looking somewhat disheveled. His eyes widened when he spotted all of s sitting around, but quickly adjusted himself.

 

“Hey sleepyhead.” Taehyung grinned.

 

“Uh, hey guys.”

 

“It’s eleven o’clock in the morning… you know we have a performance today, right?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Oh, um, yeah, I remember.” Jungkook replied, getting breakfast.

 

Hoseok looked on the table behind Jungkook, and spotted Jimin’s missing keys, “Hey, Chim, you found your keys?”

 

Jimin nodded, “Yeah, they were, um, under my bed. I guess they fell out of my pocket while I was changing?”

 

Suuuuuure Jimin, alright.

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t think I should record my part again? I don’t like it too much.” Jisoo stated, her group’s song playing throughout the studio.

 

Right now it was only Seokjin and Jisoo, so that means they’re working on putting the final number together.

 

Jisoo’s been thinking that something’s been off lately between the two guys; maybe it’s just because they’re working on separate things, but last meeting they seemed somewhat distant. It concerned her.

 

“If you want; I honestly think it’s perf- fine.” Seokjin replied.

 

Jisoo was quiet for a moment, then made her decision, “I’ll do it again.” She went back into the recording booth, and Seokjin played the music for her to sing to.

 

He smiled as Jisoo sang, fond of her unique voice. The way that she closed her eyes as she raised her tone amused him, finding her strange gestures cute.

 

As soon as he realized that he was fawning over her, Seokjin looked away, writing down random things. Why does he feel guilty now for appreciating Jisoo’s singing? Is it because he promised Hoseok not to fall for her?

 

But he doesn’t have feelings for her! He just finds her cute!... And witty, quirky, stunning, and perfect.

 

Uh oh.

 

“Was that alright?” Jisoo asked.

 

Seokjin flinched, “Oh, yes, that was great.”

 

She grinned, “Great! Lemme try again though.”

 

Singing again, Jisoo would glance at Seokjin, who seemed kind of dazed. Maybe he didn’t get much sleep? She’s quite worried about him, especially now that she’s closer with him.

 

“Seokjin oppa.” She said, stopping her recording.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Are you alright? You seem out of it.”

 

His eyes widened, “I do?”

 

“Yeah, did you not get enough sleep last night or something?”

 

“I guess I didn’t.”

 

“You should take a nap then!”

 

“No, it’s fine. I got used to running on small amounts of sleep.” Seokjin told her.

 

Jisoo came out of the recording booth, sitting down next to Seokjin.

 

“I always need at least eight hours of sleep, or else I can’t function.” She said.

 

“I used to be like that, but after BTS’s popularity increased, I was basically forced to get used to less rest.”

 

“That .”

 

“It’s alright.”

 

Jisoo found Seokjin’s personality to be somewhat mysterious; she’s seen his strange behavior on variety shows, but in person he’s much more cool-headed than she expected him to be. She’s always seen him portrayed as the mother of his group, which she catches glimpses of when Hoseok is participating, but when it’s just the two of them… he’s quite suave.

 

Seokjin played back Jisoo’s recording, and she sighed, “That one isn’t too good either.”

 

“I think its fine.”

 

“Really? It sounds like my voice broke a bit in one part.”

 

“We still have the other recordings you did; we can always blend them together.” Seokjin told her.

 

“That’s possible? Whoa.”

 

Seokjin chuckled, “Namjoon does it all the time with BTS’s recordings. Sometimes it’s hard to do though.”

 

“Can you try it? I want to see what it sounds like.” Jisoo asked.

 

So, Seokjin tried. It’s an acquired skill, and Seokjin isn’t too familiar with producing songs. Because of this, he wasn’t able to do it.

 

“Oops.” Seokjin muttered.

 

Jisoo giggled, “That’s fine. At least you tried.”

 

Seokjin frowned, wanting to show Jisoo that he was good at producing. But to his dismay, he cannot do that at the moment.

 

“Maybe next time.”

 

“Hey, practice makes perfect!” She smiled. Jisoo looked at Seokjin, who looked somewhat upset with himself. “Oppa,” she said.

 

Seokjin looked at her and the two locked eyes for a moment. Jisoo’s eyes widened, not expecting that to happen, but Seokjin still was calm and collected, which sent a chill through her spine.

 

Whoa. What was that? Has that happened to Jisoo before? She turned away, “I forget what I was going to say.” She stated, flustered.

 

Since when did Seokjin cause Jisoo’s cheeks to warm up? Weird.

 

“You know Jisoo,” Seokjin started to say, and she looked at him. “I never made a nickname for you.”

 

“Oh, well, um, people don’t really make nicknames for me. I’m usually in charge of doing that for my friends.” She replied.

 

“Well then we should change that. You should have one too.” He smirked.

 

Jisoo couldn’t help but smile, “Alright, what were you thinking?”

 

“…Dak.” He stated.

 

She burst out laughing, hitting his arm, “Chicken? What kind of nickname is that?”

 

“I’m not very good at this.”

 

“I can tell. I believe in you though!”

 

Seokjin thought long and hard about it, until he tried another suggestion, “Gim Yo-soo.”

 

“That’s clever, but a long nickname.” Jisoo replied.

 

Fun fact: “gimyo” basically means strange.

 

“Then I’m just calling you Myohan.” Seokjin grinned.

 

“Ahhhh why do you have to call me strange? I’m not that weird! I just call you oppa and you give me ‘strange’? Rude.” She teased.

 

“I would call you pretty, but that would be weird.”

 

“Yes, it would be.”

 

“Gomdolri.” Seokjin suddenly said.

 

“How do I even remind you of a teddy bear?” Jisoo asked, amused.

 

“Because you’re cute and have a fluffy personality.”

 

Awww.

 

“I mean, I’m okay with it. But it isn’t a short one.” Jisoo said.

 

Seokjin shrugged, “That’s fine with me though. Then how about Gomi?”

 

“Aww I like that one!”

 

It still means bear, but thank god Seokjin shortened it. It’s easier for me to remember.

 

“See? Now you have a cute nickname too.”

 

“You keep calling me cute.” Jisoo stated.

 

“Is that bad?” He asked.

 

“No, but it’s just surprising to hear it a lot. I’m usually called the weird one.”

 

“Well, yes, you’re strange, but that’s what made you cute.”

 

She smiled, “That’s nice to know.”

 

The two were silent, pleased by each other’s presence. Jisoo always feels refreshed when she’s with Seokjin. Sure this is only their second meeting, but it’s a big difference from being with Hoseok.

 

Damn, it’s going to be hard to go through with Seokjin’s promise.

 

 

Before opening the studio door, Jennie took a deep breath. Last time she saw Yoongi and Namjoon was last week, AKA when she invaded Yoongi’s privacy.

 

“No regrets.” She said to herself, then swung the door open.

 

Yoongi was standing, hunched over the computer screen. He looked at Jennie, “Hey.”

 

“Hi, uh… Where’s Namjoon?” Jennie asked, confused.

 

“He’s at another tour meeting… didn’t he tell you?”

 

“No, he didn’t.”

 

“Oh, maybe I was supposed to tell you that. Well, now you know.” Yoongi stated.

 

Jennie sighed, now dreading this meeting even more. Not only does she have no idea what she’s doing for the next two hours, but now she also has to put up with Yoongi without Namjoon to save her. Great.

 

“So what are we doing today?” Jennie asked, sitting down on the sofa.

 

“Namjoon said he wanted us to wait for him instead of starting to write lyrics for the final number.”

 

“…We’re doing nothing?”

 

“That’s what it seems like to me.” He responded, finally taking a seat on the swivel chair. Yoongi started typing, then stopped himself, “Oh, right, I’m not allowed to do that.”

 

Jennie gritted her teeth, “I apologized, okay?”

 

“I know, but I’ll just remind you if I have the opportunity.” Yoongi smirked.

 

“How kind of you.”

 

“You can probably leave if you want… since we’re not doing anything.” He stated.

 

She shook her head, “No, I feel like I should stay. Even though we don’t have a plan, it is a scheduled meeting.”

 

“As you wish.”

 

“You know,” Jennie started to say, taking her script out of her bag, “We could always go over lines for the skit. Jae-sang recommended that we work on our acting, right?”

 

“Yeah…” Yoongi said. All the acting is romantic though, so he doesn’t really want to do it.

 

“I mean, if you’re too nervous to act, then we could always just visit the sets.” She teased.

 

He rolled his eyes, “What are you, five?”

 

“It seems like you don’t want to do it, so I’m just playing devil’s advocate.”

 

“Fine, I’ll do it.” He grumbled, taking out his script.

 

“Because I’m nice, I’ll let you do the scene where you yell at me.” Jennie told him, not reading any further pages.

 

Yoongi read his lines to himself, actually finding the scene entertaining. His character yells at Jennie because she doesn’t follow any of his suggestions for the project, and Jennie replied that all of his ideas are stupid.

 

“It says I get pretty pissed off at you.” Yoongi said.

 

“I know.”

 

“You’re alright with me yelling at you?”

 

“Why are you so worried about that now? You’ve probably wanted to yell at me since day one.”

 

It’s true.

 

Yoongi stood up, the gestured for her to do the same. Jennie chuckled at this, but then started to stand as well.

 

“Alright, just go for it.” Jennie said.

 

Yoongi looked at Jennie, who was waiting for him to begin, then started to read the script, “Did you even hear about my suggestion?”

 

“I did hear your suggestion. And I took it into account.” Jennie responded.

 

“You didn’t even change your rap from the last time. It sounded emotionless.”

 

“I said I took it into account; that doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter