:4: "That's a new one."

Lights, Camera, Romance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How were everyone’s meetings today?” Jennie asked, grabbing a milk carton.

 

Now that everyone knows who’s in what group, they can actually discuss what they think of their group members.

 

“Mine was great! Hoseok showed me this cool music program where you can make a beat by pressing the spacebar. It’s pretty wild.” Jisoo said.

 

“So you’re in a group with J-Hope in Jin, right?” Rosé asked, and Jisoo nodded in response.

 

“They’re pretty cool. Seokjin calls out Hoseok when he does something wrong, so that’s nice to have. I would have never noticed it.” Jisoo replied.

 

“My meeting today was fine also. Jimin and Taehyung are so chill, it’s great! I don’t feel uncomfortable at all!” Lisa smiled, chewing on a snack.

 

“You’re group seems so fun. And you don’t have to make lyrics.” Rosé commented.

 

“I know! It’s great! But something weird did happen today… it kind of threw me off.” Lisa said, her voice getting quieter.

 

“What is it?” Jennie asked, sitting down beside her.

 

“Well, the guys and I were wondering if we had to make an instrumental or not, so I went by myself to talk to the director. When I was talking with him, Taehyung appeared which I didn’t mind. Then we were walking back to the dance studio, and he just flat out called me cute. Is that weird or is it just me?” Lisa explained.

 

“That is kind of weird.” Jisoo stated.

 

“He just randomly said you’re cute?” Rosé said, and Lisa nodded.

 

“Well at least you get complimented. Suga can be such a douche.” Jennie responded.

 

“He is?”

 

Jennie nodded, “I mean, I guess he doesn’t try to be, but he’s so strict with his music that he’s just an when you have an opinion about it. Namjoon’s really kind though.”

 

“I’m not surprised by that. He seems like he’s be really strict about that stuff.” Rosé replied.

 

Jisoo looked at Roseanne, grinning, “How was your one on one with Jungkook?”

 

“Yah, don’t call it that. It sounds like a date if you say one on one.”

 

“He’s quite the looker, isn’t he?” Lisa teased.

 

“Yahhhh stop!” Rosé blushed.

 

“Calm it down, you two. Just because Rosé got paired with her ideal guy it doesn’t mean she’s gonna go for him.” Jennie said, joining in on the fun.

 

“He’s not my ideal guy.” She mumbled.

 

“Suuuuure. What about ‘my favorite song on the BTS album is Begin because Jungkook has such a nice voice’?” Jisoo smirked.

 

“Says the Jin lookalike.” Rosé replied sarcastically.

 

“Ooh, she got you there.” Jennie laughed.

 

“I don’t look like him!” Jisoo retorted.

 

“You kind of do, unnie.” Lisa giggled.

 

“Way to switch subjects, Pasta.”

 

Alright, so I guess they’re just teasing each other now.

 

“Wooowww do you hate her or something?” Hoseok asked, laughing.

 

“No, I don’t hate her. She’s just sassy and I don’t like people like that.” Yoongi replied.

 

Oh great, Yoongi is complaining again.

 

“You should have seen it; Jennie can really clap back. It’s hilarious.” Namjoon said.

 

“You’re such a sore loser.” Seokjin told Yoongi.

 

“Yah, I’m not a sore loser. How am I even a loser in that situation?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Because she wins every argument.” Namjoon responded.

 

“No she doesn’t.”

 

“It seems like she does.” Taehyung said.

 

“Taehyung, what was with you being so awkward today? After I caught up to you and Lisa you were really quiet.” Jimin asked his friend.

 

Taehyung eyes widened, “Uh, no reason.”

 

“Ooh, he’s hiding something.” Jungkook grinned.

 

“No I’m not.”

 

“You said something stupid, didn’t you?”

 

“It wasn’t stupid…”

 

“What did you say?” Seokjin asked, interested.

 

Taehyung sighed, “I just accidentally called her cute.”

 

The other BTS burst into laughter at this, finding it hilarious. Namjoon patted his friend on the back, “You should think before you speak next time.”

 

“That explains why she talked to me mostly after!” Jimin exclaimed.

 

“You scared her away!” Jungkook laughed.

 

“Yah, look who’s talking! You probably made it awkward with Rosé numerous times already!” Taehyung replied.

 

“No I didn’t!”

 

“You probably did.” Yoongi said.

 

Wow, is everyone just teasing one another right now? Don’t they have anything else to do?... Like perform or something?

 

The next time everyone has a meeting is in a few days, so yet again they get a break from the tension or the awkwardness (depending on who it is).

 

But, as always, we’re going to do a timeskip to everyone’s next meeting.

 

“So where can we go?” Jungkook asked, twirling in his chair.

 

Rosé and Jungkook got permission to dance to that song (I say ‘that song’ for some reason even though it has a name), but now they have to find a place to actually practice the dance.

 

“I can’t believe we don’t have any studio time…” Rosé muttered. She took out her phone and texted her manager.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I’m asking if we can use a YG dance studio. There’s usually at least one that’s empty.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened, “YG?”

 

“Yeah,” Rosé looked up at him, “Are you alright with that?”

 

“Oh, uh, totally.”

 

She went back to her phone, trying not to smile. He’s really obvious when he’s fanboying. Does he know that? It’s kind of cute… ignore that last statement.

 

“Scooore we can!” Rosé smiled, getting up.

 

“Oh, we’re going right now?” Jungkook asked, and she nodded in response.

 

So, the two went to the YG Entertainment building. Jungkook was trying not to show how hyped he was, but Rosé picked up on it quite easily.

 

Jungkook followed Rosé through the hallways, looking at all of the decorations. How cool is this place? Very cool! His jaw was dropped the whole time they walked through; he even tried to casually peek into the studios to see YG artists working, but Rosé was walking too fast.

 

It seems like the two are getting more acquainted with one another, but obviously Jungkook still feels awkward around her. They have nice conversations, yet for some reason Jungkook can’t seem to focus on what she’s saying… maybe it’s because he gets to swept away with her looks, but he won’t admit it.

 

“Ah, here we are.” Rosé said, opening the door.

 

The studio was a little larger than the one at BigHit, but it has security cameras and lots of equipment everywhere.

 

“It’s also nice since we know that we aren’t being watched… at least by the behind the scenes people.” She continued, plugging her phone into a speaker.

 

“So how should we do this?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Do what?”

 

“Create the choreography. Are we just going to do what comes to mind?”

 

“Um, oops… I didn’t really think about that.” Rosé muttered, puffing her cheeks.

 

Jungkook chuckled at this, finding her expression cute, “We can figure something out.”

 

Pressing play, Rosé turned, the song starting to play.

 

“So what part does this fit into again?” Rosé asked.

 

“I think we agreed on the part where I’m saying you can’t dance, right?”

 

“Ohhh yeah. And then I’m gonna be like ‘watch this’?”

 

Jungkook nodded, “That sounds good.”

 

Rosé walked to the middle of the dance floor, looking into the walls or mirrors. Does that make sense? You know how dance studios have mirrors as walls, right? Ignore me.

 

He watched her, not knowing what she was going to do next. She’s kind of just… swaying back and forth.

 

Did Rosé just dab to the music?... She dabbed to the music.

 

Jungkook laughed, “What was that for?”

 

“I don’t really know how to make choreography.” She replied, finding his laugh funny.

 

“Sadly I don’t think dabbing will fit into this number.”

 

She shrugged, “I tried. I do have an idea of what kind of dance this could be though.”

 

“What were you thinking?”

 

“I think a ballet-like one with some hip-hop will be nice. No one else is probably doing that.”

 

“Ballet? That’s more of Jimin’s thing.”

 

“Oh… didn’t you learn female dancing styles or something?” She asked casually.

 

“How did you know that?”

 

Rosé was silent for a moment, realizing that she sounded kind of creepy, “I thought you told me that.”

 

“I didn’t.”

 

“…I may have done a background check.” She said quietly.

 

“Don’t people only do that for criminals?”

 

“I do it for everyone I meet.”

 

“That’s kind of,” Jungkook started to say.

 

“Creepy? I know. I don’t mean for it to be sketchy though. Sorry.”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

Oh, and I guess we’re back to the awkwardness now. That’s too bad, it was going so well.

 

Rosé freestyled some moves, embarrassed of how stiff she can be, “Damn… I’m not very good at this. The only thing I can create on demand is a random tune on the guitar.”

 

This is when Jungkook would lie and ask “You play the guitar?” just to start a conversation, but instead he said,

 

“Like your acoustic performance?”

 

How is that a response to her statement, Jungkook? Enlighten me.

 

She looked at him, surprised that he randomly mentioned that, “Yeah, but thankfully that wasn’t improvised.”

 

“It was really good though. I enjoyed it.”

 

“Thanks.” Rosé smiled. Yeah, she knows he liked it. She saw a video on YouTube of him watching her performance, and he was all for it. But Rosé just thinks he was admiring the whole essence of it… not just her.

 

“That was probably one of my favorite performances that night… well, besides G-Dragon’s.” Jungkook told her. Does he realize that the more he talks about this, the creepier he sounds?

 

She giggled, “Yeah, his was pretty cool. But thanks again. I worked really hard on that, especially because it was my first live performance without the girls.”

 

“You did really well. Your voice really fit the sound of it.”

 

Wow, he’s just spewing compliments at her. Rosé kind of likes it though. It gets rid of the awkward silences, so it’s fine.

 

She smiled shyly, “T-Thank you.”

 

Jungkook went back to trying to make up moves for their number, realizing that he just threw tons of compliments Rosé’s way. Oops.

 

Rosé watched him, trying to copy his moves. Wow, he dances so smoothly. She can too, but it takes a while to ace it.

 

So, the two tried to figure out what they could do. Honestly it wasn’t a very productive meeting because it was so short, but at least Jungkook complimented her acoustic performance.

 

 

“How about I start the song off by literally telling you to stop?” Namjoon asked, playing with his pen.

 

Yeah, they’re discussing Namjoon’s parts. This is because he won’t be here for the next meeting, so he at least wants to start making his part. They haven’t really finished either of the songs yet… but small clip of Yoongi’s song (which is being used for the rap-off), Namjoon can easily make a few lines of his rap.

 

“That’s a good idea. Like you said, you need to explain why you’re randomly rapping.” Jennie said.

 

“Next meeting I’ll finish cleaning up the instrumental.” Yoongi stated.

 

“What are you doing right now?” Namjoon responded.

 

“I’m trying to come up with a rap for the first number.”

 

“I don’t think you should do that yet.” Jennie replied, on her phone.

 

Yoongi turned to her, “Why?”

 

“It’s better to do it when Namjoon at least has his part and we finish the instrumental.”

 

“Well what are you doing right now?” Yoongi asked, annoyed.

 

“I’m trying to found the notes I took last night… If I had an idea for the backtrack I wrote it down.” Jennie said, “Oh, there it is.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter