:1: "Nice to meet you!"

Lights, Camera, Romance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wait, we’re filming a special?” Jisoo asked, surprised.

 

BLACKPINK was called down to Yang Hyun-Suk’s office for an “important meeting”, and apparently they’re filming something.

 

The girls are currently preparing for their comeback, so this sudden news confused them.

 

“Yes, you’re filming a special. It’s a promotion for Moonshot, but the sketch won’t be related to makeup.” Yang Hyun-Suk replied.

 

“So what type of sketch is it? Does it have a theme?” Jennie said, curious.

 

“From what I’m told, it’ll be school-related. Even though I’m against that theme, the director’s informed me that it won’t be a typical school skit.”

 

“How so?” Rosé asked.

 

“Well, first off you’ll be filming it with another idol group. You’ll al be paired up to do a specific storyline, and it’ll all be one big special.” YG explained.

 

“We’re going it with another group? That’s surprising… are they endorsed by Moonshot?” Lisa responded nervously.

 

“No, they’re not; that’s what makes it even more special. The groups haven’t been decided yet, but you’re all going to be split up since you’re the only girls.”

 

“Wait… we’re filming with a boy group?” Jennie realized.

 

He nodded, “Yes. There are seven of them and four of you, so you’ll each be in groups of three, except one of you will have only one partner.”

 

“May I ask who this idol group is?” Rosé asked.

 

Lisa hoped that it was GOT7, because she hasn’t had time to hang out with Bambam in a while. It would be nice to finally catch up after being apart for so long.

 

“You’ll be filming starting tomorrow with the group BTS.” YG stated.

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened, “BTS?”

 

“Yes, BTS.”

 

The girls were shocked by this; they’ve never formally met BTS, so this was a confusing match-up for them. Sure they seem like nice guys, but they’re internationally known while the girls are still considered rookies.

 

“So, uh, the groups haven’t been decided yet?” Rosé said, now getting nervous.

 

All of BLACKPINK are fans of BTS, so it’s quite nerve-wracking to meet a group that they respect so much.

 

“Does BTS know about this yet?” Lisa asked.

 

“They’re being informed about it as we speak. Now you all should go get some rest; you’ll have to go to the location at ten tomorrow morning.”

 

The four girls left, all of them surprised.

 

“I wasn’t expecting that.” Jennie stated.

 

“I can’t believe we’re filming something with BTS!” Lisa replied.

 

“I know, it’s kind of intimidating… they’re so popular and successful… and we’re,” Rosé was saying.

 

“Still rookies?” Jisoo finished her sentence.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I’m sure it will be fine. It’ll probably be awkward at first, but they seem like nice guys.” Jennie said.

 

“But we’ll all be split up!” Lisa frowned.

 

“I’m sure we’ll all be together to film a group thing… right?” Rosé replied, turning to Jennie.

 

She shrugged, “It seems highly likely. I mean, the stories will have to be connected somehow.”

 

“I wonder who’s going to be the pair… that seems to be the worst choice.” Jisoo said.

 

“Yeah, one on one does not sound fun.”

 

“Maybe the director will change it.” Lisa responded, hoping that she isn’t a part of the pair team.

 

The four girls went back to their dorm, nervous about the next day. They don’t know how it’s going to go, because they got only little detail on what is going to happen.

 

At least they know it will be with BTS.

 

 

“We’re doing a skit?” Hoseok asked, surprised.

 

Bang Si-Hyuk nodded, “Yes, you’ll be starting your preparations tomorrow. This is a big deal.”

 

“How so?” Namjoon responded curiously.

 

“Because of the large endorsement, each of you will be split up into teams and will do something music related, whether that be dancing, rapping, or singing. It’s going to take close to a month for preparations, and then a few weeks for filming.”

 

“Wow, what is the endorsement?”

 

“Moonshot.”

 

“Moonshot?” The seven guys asked.

 

“Yes, I know you’re not endorsed by them, but the girls are. The skit isn’t makeup related though.” Bang Si-Hyuk explained.

 

“What’s the theme?” Seokjin said.

 

“It’ll be a school theme, but each of you will have a different storyline.”

 

The guys nodded in response, glad that they didn’t have to do some type of makeup commercial.

 

“Wait,” Jungkook started to say, then paused for a moment, “what do you mean when you say ‘the girls are endorsed’?”

 

The members of BTS looked to Bang Si-Hyuk, who nonchalantly said, “You’re doing the skit with the girl-group BLACKPINK.”

 

Yoongi’s eyes widened, “Really? BLACKPINK?”

 

“Yes.”

 

The seven boys exchanged glances, surprised that they’re doing a skit with not only a girl group, but especially BLACKPINK.

 

“You’ll each be in groups of three, except one team will just be a pair due to the odd number of you. You’ll find out who is in what group tomorrow.” Si-Hyuk continued.

 

BTS was sent off, and once they left their boss’s office, they all looked at each other, still taken aback.

 

“Of all people, we’re doing a special with BLACKPINK? That seems too weird.” Jimin stated.

 

“Yeah, it does. Why did we get picked?” Taehyung added.

 

“Maybe Moonshot specifically wanted our two groups?” Namjoon shrugged, the seven boys starting to walk down the long hallway.

 

As much as the guys are fans of BLACKPINK, doing a whole skit with them is kind of overwhelming. Sure they can get along with groups easily, but confident girls like BLACKPINK can be intimidating… especially to,

 

“Jungkook? How are you feeling about this?” Yoongi asked the maknae.

 

Yeah, Jungkook is the one who is the most nervous about this.

 

“Uh, I mean, its work, right?” Jungkook tried to respond casually.

 

“I know, but you and Namjoon are fanboys of BLACKPINK.” Hoseok stated.

 

“So?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Won’t you get, uh, a little too nervous when we meet them?” Taehyung said half-jokingly.

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, “I’m not that bad around women, hyung.”

 

“Suuuuure.” Jimin chuckled.

 

“Yah, I’m not!” Jungkook retorted.

 

“Well let’s just hope we get put into groups that make sense, right?” Namjoon said.

 

“Yeah, what do you think the groups will be?” Seokjin asked.

 

“I’m guessing that there’s going to be a dance group, a rap group, and a singing group. I just don’t know how that will work out with BLACKPINK.”

 

“They’re pretty versatile.” Hoseok commented.

 

Jimin frowned, somewhat anxious about tomorrow, “So I guess we’ll have to see how it goes when we get there.”

 

“I guess so.” Namjoon replied.

 

 

The next day, BLACKPINK was the first to arrive. They were only a few minutes early, but waiting for the boys to come made them feel more pressured.

 

“Hello girls, I’m Park Jae-sang, and I’ll be the director for your project with BTS.” The man said, smiling.

 

The four girls bowed, “It’s nice to meet you!”

 

“So we’re just waiting for the guys to come, who should be,” Jae-sang started to say, then looked behind the girls, “There they are!”

 

The seven guys entered, looking excited, but once they spotted the girls, their expressions became more nervous (but it wasn’t too noticeable).

 

The director introduced himself to the boys, telling them to join him with BLACKPINK. The two groups bowed to one another, clearly still feeling uneasy about the sudden match.

 

“So right now we’re on the set of where we’d film each scene, but since there’s going to be a month’s preparation for your performances, we haven’t started building the sets yet.” Jae-sang explained.

 

“A month’s preparation?” Jennie asked.

 

“Uh, yes, your boss didn’t tell you?”

 

The four girls exchanged glances, and Lisa shook her head, “We weren’t told that.”

 

Rosé butted in, “But its fine! We just didn’t know the timespan of the whole thing. It’s still alright.”

 

“We’re going to be split up into groups, right?” Namjoon asked the director.

 

“Ah, yes. But first I’m just going to explain the basis of it if that’s alright.” Jae-sang replied.

 

“How many stories are there?” Hoseok said.

 

“Four. Each are groups of three, and there’s one pair.”

 

No one in the room wanted to be in the pair. The girls knew that either way they’re getting split up, but being with just one person is quite intimidating, especially if it’s a cute guy.

 

BTS on the other hand was dreaded the pair because of their inability to talk with women easily. Yeah they’ve had their fair share of girlfriends, but it’s been a while since any of them have dating. Hopefully they’ll get comfortable soon.

 

“Alright, so basically the story is this: you’re in a performing arts school. The BTS members are a group of friends, and the same goes for BLACKPINK. You each have different personalities, which will be explained later. But there’s a big end-of-the-year project, and the teacher divides you all into different groups, which you all don’t like because BTS and BLACKPINK are iffy about one another. But it soon turns out that you get along, and there will be some romantic stories as well.” Jae-sang explained.

 

“Romance?” Rosé asked, her eyes wide.

 

“Yes, but expected of drama-related skits, it’ll just be the cheesy stuff.” He started to pass out everyone’s individual schedules, “since you will all be creating the music or choreography, we’ll have a behind the scenes special as well.”

 

“This doesn’t say our groups.” Namjoon stated, staring at his paper.

 

“I know, I thought it would be kind of cool to make it a surprise, you know?... That could just be me wanting some spice to the special, but whatever.” Jae-sang replied, and then shrugged it off.

 

The two idol-groups were advised to gather any of their belongings then go to their designated rooms. They’ll be meeting their group members there, and today is just for getting acquainted and brainstorming. BLACKPINK and BTS will also be told what their characters are like.

 

First up was the choreography group. These three will be creating a dance for their “school project”, nothing else. They all have to ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter