My Favourite Senior

My Favourite Senior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheers echoed as the graduates throwed their mortarboards into the air. People were hugging, crying, screaming and jumping around, showing how happy they were after years of struggling for a piece of certificate that would guaranteeing their future and their careers. It's a lie if they said it was easy, because to be there on that day needs a lot of things to do. To stand with others on that meaningful day, they had to sacrifice their sleep just to make sure every work was done. There were times where they cried of exhaustion, with a desire to give up and just leave everything but with motivation and support from people they love, they made it. There was a lot of situation where they had misunderstanding with each other, but it teach them to be more considerate to other people and help each other.


Dara took back her mortarboards from the ground and hold it under her armpit while her hand was holding her graduation paper roll. Her eyes darted around, searching for her family in the crowd of people. Dara was so happy that she felt her heart would burst with happiness. She made it. She finally made it. The surrounding around her made her remembered how she celebrate her graduation back in high school. It was all the same but the feelings were different.


Now, she was happier than times during high school's graduation.

"Noona!" A masculine voice hollered her name, and Dara whipped around to search for the source. Not far from where she was standing, she could see him waving to her. He was standing there, looking so handsome with his arm around the shoulders of a woman whom they loved. Just seeing them, Dara's lips quivered. She bit her bottom lip to restrain herself from crying and quickly made her way to her brother and mother.


"Mom! Sanghyun!"


She was engulfed into a big hug from her two important people. Could not endure it anymore, she bursted into tears as her hug tightened around the both of them.


"I made it, mom! Sanghyun, I made it!"


Dara jumped happily and handed her paper roll to their mother. As Mrs Park hold it, Dara pulled her again into a hug, this time without Sanghyun because he was busy capturing pictures with his camera. Dara released her mom and took the mortarboard to put it onto Mrs Park's head. Then, she pulled off her purple graduation robe to let her mom wore it.


"Eh? Why did you took it off? I can't wear this. I could never make it this far like you!"


Mrs Park tried to shook the robe but Dara grabbed the collar and straightened it on her shoulders.

"No Mom. This is for you. I promised you this, remember? You want me to study hard and achieve my dreams. This is one of my dreams and I want you to feel my happiness too. Come on, mom! You look gorgeous in it!" Dara hugged Mrs Park and looked to Sanghyun's camera. After a few photos, Dara took the photos for Sanghyun and their mom.


"Wait, noona. I want photo with you in that robe."


They took a lot of photos together before she heard her name was called from afar.


"Dara!" She choked when Chaerin and Minzy hugged her tightly. They were in their graduation robes too.


"We made it, attagirl!" It was Chaerin's turn to squealed happily while Minzy had tears in her eyes. Dara was amused to see her hiccupped for a few times. Minzy tried to dry her tears with the robe but it looks like her eyes could not stop producing tears.


"Well Minzy, I guess you are too happy that you cannot smile anymore." Dara , wiping Minzy's tears that rolled on her cheeks. Then, Dara pulled two of her friends into a hug again, this time playfully choking Minzy. Minzy wriggle to release herself and laughing somberly.


"I just can't believe this. We made it together after years. You know, we have been together since we were a kid and still together until the end of university." She looked down to her graduation roll in her hands, smiling proudly.


"Except that I am not with you three after high school was over." A familiar voice interrupted them. They slowly turned behind, then suddenly scream in delight.


"Park Bom!"


Dara, Chaerin and Minzy throw themselves to Bom as they cried again. It's been three years since the last time they saw Bom. Bom was in London, studying medical to pursue her dream as a doctor. They still keep in touch through email and skype but it was never the same without her around them. And to see her in front of their eyes made them so happy.


"Easy girls. Oh my god. I can't be a doctor if I'm dead because you choked me!" She pushed their heads from her face. "Yah! Move your hat! It's poking my ears!" She said to Chaerin. After Bom made sure that the other three has calm down, they greet Dara's mother, hugging her too.


"Hello, Mama." Minzy said happily. They have been calling her that since they became friends with Dara. "You still remember me right? It's been years since we met at the high school graduation."


Mrs Park smiled sweetly, touching their cheeks one by one softly. "Hello, my little girls." She chuckled. "I forgot, you are not little anymore." Then, she looked up to Bom. "How are you, Bom? Is it hard to stay away from your family?"


They chatted a lot. There were so much to catch up with because long time has passed since they were together again. Chaerin teased Sanghyun, saying how good he was looking as he grown up. He's taller than all of them, making Bom had to tip toe to pull his ear. "You were only on my waist level before. Look at you now!"


"Bom noona! Could you please stop it? I'm not a kid anymore!" He whined, feeling ashamed as they still treat him like he was ten years old.


"Aw, dog poop. You're still the same kid to us." Chaerin ruffled his hair before snatching his camera. Then, she started capturing their pictures as if Sanghyun's camera was hers. When the four of them took a picture with Sanghyun in the center, Mrs Park laughed because it was obvious that Sanghyun was not willing as he was frowning.


Suddenly, a group of girls screamed histerically, attracting their attention. Chaerin and Bom only gave a glance while Minzy's ears perked. Dara turned to Minzy when she heard a familiar name.


"Kai!"


"It's EXO's Kai!"


The name successfully made Bom and Chaerin looking around while Minzy stay rooted on the same position with Dara shaking her hand. After a long moment, they could see the graduates parted to give a way to a tall, tan skin boy.


"I'm sorry. Please ignore me. I want to see my girlfriend. Have anyone see her?"


"Oh wow." Chaerin said with a steady voice. "I can't believe this. Didn't EXO just came back from Japan yesterday after their tour? Does he not feel tired?"


"I know, right? It's already crazy to come here without a disguise and a lot of fans. I can't see any bodyguards!" Dara said as she tried to jump to see Jongin. "He come alone!"


"Lucky Minzy." Bom grinned as they watch Jongin walked in brisk steps to their direction after he spotted them. "Having an artist boyfriend who is not afraid like that."


Minzy cried again like a little girl, her left hand clutching to her robe on her side. The three other laughed to see Minzy acting like that, looking so confused.


"Hello, my little queen." Jongin grinned naughtily as he handed Minzy a bouquet of roses. "Congratulations." He kissed Minzy's forehead, making the girls squealed giddily.


"Kai.." Minzy tried to speak.


"Hey! I told you to call me Jongin. Kai is my stage name and I'm not on stage right now." He her cheeks fondly.


"Are you not afraid of your fans, Jongin?" Chaerin raised her eyebrows.


Jongin shrugged his shoulders. "Not really. Everyone knows that I have a girlfriend since I was still in high school." He looked down to Minzy again and tried to stop her from crying.


"Seungri didn't come, Chaerin?" Dara asked Chaerin who was taking some candid pictures of Minzy and Jongin. She still couldn't believe that Chaerin end up having a romantic relationship with Seungri. But nothing really change between them. They still fight like a cat and a rat.


Chaerin shrugged. "I don't know. That rat didn't answer my calls."


As if knowing that they were talking about him, Seungri's scream could be heard throughout the university.


"CL my baby!!"


Chaerin shut her eyes in frustration as she huffed loudly. They laughed giddily to see her annoyed but they could not ignored the sparkle in Chaerin's eyes after hearing Seungri's voice. Jongin made fun of her saying how happy Chaerin was right then but she denied him with a glare.


Seungri appeared with a big bouquet of yellow and pink flowers and a big Rilakkuma bear on his right shoulder. "CL-roo!", he called. Even until now, Seungri was the only one who called Chaerin with her nickname. Seungri tried to hug Chaerin but she jumped to reach the bear and hugged it tightly to her chest.


"Yah!" Seungri scowled. "I came here from afar but you didn't even look at me!"


"You ignored my calls. So it's my turn to ignore you. And I don't like pink." She pointed to the flowers. "You should buy some black flowers."


"Where can I find black flowers?" He rolled his eyes but eventually pulled her into a hug. "I bring your parents with me too. You should thank me, you know?!" He jerked his head to his back, and Chaerin shrieked happily to see her mother and sister. She pushed Seungri and ran to them. Seungri sighed and pouted, but when he spotted someone, he grinned.


"Mama!" Seungri called Mrs Park happily. "I didn't notice you."


"Of course you don't. You only had your eyes on your girlfriend." Sanghyun mocked, Seungri pulled his ear. Mrs Park shook her head, then she tried to stop both of them from fighting.


"Girls!" A rough voice interrupted them and Bom shrieked while stomping onto the ground.


"Tabi-ah!"


"Wait. Why are Seunghyun oppa here?" Minzy looked up to the tall boy behind Seungri.


"He came with me." Seungri said.


"How about Daesung, Youngbae and Jiyong?"


"I'm not sure about Daesung and Youngbae." Seunghyun darted his eyes around. "And Jiyong..."


"Jiyong's busy."


Dara retorted while fum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter