Be With You

My Favourite Senior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

 

 

After make sure her bangs are pinned under her beanie, she reach for her red bagpack on the bed and wear it on her shoulders. She left the room after making sure the air conditioner is switch off. 

 

"Sanghyun, aunty! I'll head out first!"

 

"Neh. Careful on your way!"

 

Dara put on her black Converse and left her house. She hurried to the bus stop as she saw a bus already waiting. 

 

Dara look for empty seat. She found one at the end of the bus but seeing a few young boys around her age sitting near the empty seat, she decided to just stand. She put her red headphone over her head and play a song. Her head nodding following the beats of the song.

 

After 10 minutes, she arrived at the place. She carefully get out of the bus and walk to the shop that place at the end of the building. Stepping into the shop, she put her headphone into her bagpack . Dara make her way to the counter to return the books she borrowed. 

 

It is the bookshop. Her favourite place. The bookshop has two section. The first section is the shop where people can buy for books and many kinds of reading materials or stationeries. The second section is a library. The second section is often visited by only few people and full with school students during the exam season.

 

Usually, Dara would spent her time in the second section for reading, drawing or learn Japanese language through the books. But today she need to find the storybook that have pick her interest.

 

Walking through the racks, her eyes scanning through the books' title. She stop when she spotted the book on the racks.

 

Love Letters To The Dead

 

She smile and reach her hand to get the book. Too bad, she is not tall enough to reach the book.

 

"Tsch. Why did omma gave birth to me with such a height?" She mumbled.

 

She jumped a little to get the book when suddenly a hand reach out to the same book. Alert, she immediately turned around. She blink her eyes to see a familiar boy look fown to her.

 

Her favourite senior.

 

"Dara?" His eyes roamed around before he look down to her again. "You're alone? Where are the girls?" Jiyong took a step back and hand her the book.

 

Dara look to the book before thanking him. "Minzy is busy. Bom and Chaerin doesn't like books so I came alone." Dara look back to Jiyong who is staring to her forehead. She flinch a little when Jiyong pull up the hem of her beanie that she is wearing to cover the bump after hitting the pole twice a day.

 

"Is it still hurts?" He asked as his eyes still glued onto her forehead. Dara shook her head. "It's not anymore."

 

She then look to the books in his hand. "You like books too?" 

 

Jiyong shift his attention to the books in his hand. "Just some comics. I also come here to buy the stationeries for Seungri because he lost his pencilbox." Jiyong look back to her. "How about you? Did you just came to get that book only?"

 

"I just returned some books that I borrowed." Dara tried to get rid of the nervous feeling in her chest. Thinking that she still did not give an answer to Jiyong's confession.

 

Jiyong who noticed this chuckle. "Relax, apple pie. I am not going to force you to accept me now, okay? I know you need time." Dara nod her head nervously.

 

They walk next to each other to where the stationeries are placed. "Thank you for the cake." Dara spoke after a few minutes they did not said anything.

 

"Okay. You should thank Youngbae too. He managed to save some for you after fighting over that monster kid Hanbin. He sure eats a lot."

 

Dara laugh. "Well, if I didn't got home early, maybe I got to eat the fried chicken too." The Team Blue throw a party after the Sport's Day event, but Dara was trying to run from Jiyong so she did not attend it.

 

"Then, want some fried chicken? We can go the restaurant across the street."

 

Jiyong silently pray for Dara to accept his invitation. He hide his smile when Dara hummed, agreed to follow him.

 

Finished paying for their things, Dara and Jiyong walked out of the shop. They headed down the road to cross. They wait for the traffic light to turn red for the cars to stop. When the traffic light turn red, they fastly walk to cross the streets while Dara's hand instantly cling to Jiyong's sleeve. Jiyong glance to Dara's hand and let it be. After crossing the street, Dara is still clinging to his sleeve while Jiyong look at her curiously.

 

"Ohh!" Dara let go of his sleeve. "Sorry. It's a habit with my brother whenever I don't feel safe."

 

Jiyong only nodded. They get into the restaurant. Dara look for a place for them while Jiyong go buy the food.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter