Kim Taehyung

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

"Namjoon hyung, allow me to explain."

Taehyung remembers his past:

(Author: I'm sorry for interrupting but fyi, Taehyung's past wasn't completely revealed to Mr. Kim and Namjoon. Right now, he is only recalling his past, not explaining it to anybody. The next few P.O.V.s are basically flashbacks.)

______________________________________________________________

Taehyung's P.O.V.

I was only three years old when I spotted many children with their parents at the zoo. I wondered why my parents weren't with me. I turned to Uncle. "Uncle, where are my parents?" I ask. Uncle would always become sad and pat my head everytime I mention them. "Tae, they're just busy with work out of town," he replied softly.

I was so young and little that I quickly believed it and decide to wait patiently for them to come see me one day. They are probably working hard for me.

~~

I was five when I went to my first day of school. Uncle would walk me to school to make sure that I'd be safe. Before I enter the school, I asked Uncle about my parents again, "Uncle, when are my parents going to come see me? I want them to know that I'm going to school!" I was very excited about school because I'd get to learn more about planets, drawing, and more! Again, Uncle turned blue and said the same thing, "Tae, they're still busy with work. They'll visit you when they have enough time."

Being the little innocent child that I was, I only nodded and skipped to class. I'll be good to make my parents proud of me. I don't remember being with them when I was a baby but I miss them a lot.

~~

I was seven when I got bullied for the first time. The memory stayed stuck in my head.

"Hey! Taehyung! What are you doing?" my classmate asked me. I was making silly faces and sound effects while using my imagination. "I'm playing," I told him. He laughs at me, saying how I was weird. It didn't affect me at first, so I continued playing. About a few weeks later, things got bad.

"Taehyung! Are you still talking to yourself?" the same classmate snickers with a few friends. I told them that I wasn't. I was only expanding my imagination. They didn't pay any attention to what I'm saying. One of his friends steps out.

"Taehyung, you're stupid," he says, pointing at me directly. A voice comes in right after, "You're dumb." Another voice, "Weird." They surround me, giving me no way out. "Does he even belong on this planet?" They laugh at me. I only stand there confused. Did I do something wrong?

"Hey, alien, go back to your planet. You don't belong on Earth."

~~

I was ten when I was chased by the group of bullies. School ended and I was walking home when the group saw me and followed me. They talked to me but I acted like they weren't there, which only angered them. When they start to chase me, I ran as fast as I could.

They soon surrounded me by a tree. I backed up until my back was pressed against the rough bark. The boys come closer, and I tried to stay calm. They say the usual things that they always say to me. They called me things that weren't my name and made up lies about me. I kept quiet because I heard that if I didn't do anything, they'd lose interest and leave. But that wasn't true. When I didn't open my mouth at all, one of them suggests, "Hey, since he's being annoying, let's just spit on him instead of hurting him. Someone might catch us then and we'll get into trouble."

The others agreed and giggled. I didn't know what was so funny. They all spat in my face, one by one. One of them didn't want to spit, so he opened his milk carton from lunch and poured it slowly on my head. The milk runs down my face and wets my uniform. One kid looked around in case an adult was nearby. "Guys, what if he tell his parents?"

"Don't worry. He doesn't even have parents. That's how lousy he is," one boy says, causing the rest to laugh. I closed my eyes and wait for them to leave. They throw the empty milk carton at me before walking away, chatting about Pokémon as if nothing just happened.

The ring leader of the group turned to look at me one more time. A flash of worry was displayed in his eyes but it could just be the milk blurring my vision. If he's really worried about me, he wouldn't have started all of this in the first place. 

I trudged all the way home in the hot sun, the milk and spit making my body sticky and smelly. I got home and Uncle was shocked to see the state that I was in. "Tae, what happened?!" he asked immediately. I told him that it was the same bullies again. They had been hurting me for over three years. Uncle sighs, "I thought I told the teacher to keep an eye on them." He cleaned me up and puts my uniform in the washing machine.

I sat outside in the backyard on the swing that was hanging on the porch. Uncle soon came out and sits with me, handing me some cookies to try to cheer me up. I nibble on one to make him feel happy.

"Uncle, how come I don't have any parents?" I asked. Uncle told me the same thing about them and work. I know that it isn't real by now. "Stop lying. One of the boys said that I don't have any parents. Uncle, I need to know. What happened to my parents?" I demanded the truth.

Uncle tries to find a way to avoid telling me the truth. "Tae, you're too young to know. It'll make you feel sad," he said. I didn't care and when he saw the look in my eyes, he has an even sadder face. 

"Fine. I'll tell you. I don't want to but I will," he said.

____________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

Taehyung's uncle explains the mess that had happened years ago:

Years ago when Mrs. Kim was still with Jeonkook's dad, Mr. Kim had met a beautiful man, Mr. Lee (I don't know what to call Taehyung's dad and yes, Mr. Kim is biual). He fell in love with Mr. Lee and after a while, they got married. Everything was perfect until Mr. Kim met Mrs. Kim again. He found out that Jeonkook's dad (Author: You know what, this is getting annoying, I'll call Jeonkook's dad Mr. Jeon from now on like I should have from the beginning) had left Mrs. Kim and took baby Jeonkook, leaving Namjoon behind with her.

He also found out that Namjoon was his child and that made him fall deeper in love again with Mrs. Kim. He left Mr. Lee soon after, breaking the poor man's heart.

Months later, while Mr. Kim was living happily with his wife and son, Mr. Lee was having trouble. He didn't have time to tell Mr. Kim that he was also pregnant. Since Mr. Kim had a happy life now, Mr. Lee didn't want to ruin it, so he kept the baby a secret.

When the baby was born, Mr. Lee named him Taehyung because Mr. Kim chose that name in case they had a child when they were still newlyweds. Mr. Lee soon moved in with his older brother. His brother helped him take care of Taehyung.

~~

Taehyung was still only a few weeks old when a gunshot was heard. Taehyung's uncle rushed in, only to see the horrific sight of his younger brother on the ground with a pool of blood. Mr. Lee had committed suicide. He couldn't handle the fact that the person he loved won't be his anymore. He couldn't live anymore without Mr. Kim. Love blinded him and he forgot that his baby still needs him.

The gun was in his right hand and Uncle hugged his lifeless body, begging him to wake up again. Taehyung was in the same room that his dad had died in. He was crying along with his uncle, scared from the loud gunshot.

~~

Mr. Kim never knew about Mr. Lee's death and Taehyung was placed into his uncle's custody.

________________________________________________________________

Taehyung's P.O.V.

Uncle was crying as he told me about my parents. I was also very sad. He then gets up and went inside, returning with pictures. He gives them to me and I examined them. The pictures must have been taken a few years ago.

Two men were getting married and looked happy. Uncle told me who was who. "That is your papa, the one who gave birth to you," he said and pointed at one of the men. "And that one is your father, the one who left your papa," he points to the other man. I studied both of their features until Uncle hands me another picture.

The other picture had papa and a baby. "The baby is you," he said. I held the picture more securely after knowing that I was in the picture. Papa was in a hospital bed with me in his arms. His smile in the picture made him so handsome.

I wished he was still here. I want to see that smile in person.

~~

I was thirteen when my hate towards my father had reached its peak. He was the reason why papa was dead, leaving me alone with no parents. Sure, Uncle took good care of me but he isn't my dad.

Uncle told me that it wasn't entirely father's fault that papa died and that maybe papa had more reasons to why he killed himself. It angered me a lot. How could he say that when father basically killed his own younger brother?

~~

At school, I didn't really have any friends. The bullying started to fade away once I was going through puberty. The guys don't really care about insulting me anymore. Instead, they focus on other things like girls, other guys, and stuff. I'm not complaining though. I'm glad that they're stopping.

~~

I was sixteen when I first received a love confession.

I'd like to thank puberty. I knew that many people in our school had interest in me once my face had matured but no one confessed or anything.

I had friends but I kept a certain distance between me and them. I didn't want to be too close with them or I'll get attached to them.

When the boy first confessed to me, I scoffed. He must be joking. This guy, the one that was confessing to me, must be crazy. This guy had been the guy who had been the ring leader of the group of boys who had been making my life miserable as a child. And here he is now, blushing in front of me.

That must have been why he kept giving me worried glances everytime his group finally leaves me alone.

I rejected him bluntly, crushing his heart. But none of that mattered to me. It was his fault, not mine. Even he himself understood why I obviously rejected him and left with nothing else to say.

I won't love anybody.

~~

I was eighteen when Uncle died.

Uncle had been sick for a long time. When he had to be taken to the hospital, I worried a lot. I don't want to lose him like how I lost papa. Since I was busy with school and my part-time jobs, I could only visit him once a week. Each time I visit him, his face gets paler and paler.

One time, when I was sitting beside him at the hospital, he spoke weakly, "Tae, make sure that you get good grades and get a better job." Why is he telling me this? Of course I know what to do already. He told me this many times before too. I wondered about it but only nodded instead of asking.

~~

The next week, right before I was going to visit Uncle again, a call came in. It was from the hospital.

"Kim Taehyung, please come to the hospital as soon as possible. We don't think your uncle is going to make it."

 


I slammed the home phone on the table.

I couldn't breathe for a while as I ran into my car and speed towards the hospital. Uncle can't leave me. He can't. He can't abandon me.

When I arrived at the hospital, it was too late. I rushed to his side anyway. Uncle's body was still warm when I touched him. He had just died. I was so close. Sobs bursts out of me, strangling me.

No one...I now have no one left.

Uncle never complained about me. He had loved me as if I was his own child. He had taught me how to walk, talk, and take care of myself. He could have just handed me over to my father instead but respected his happy life like papa did and kept me.

I never realized how important Uncle really was until now. The only thing that had clouded my mind lately was the hatred for my father and almost nothing else. Now that Uncle is gone, I regret not spending more time with him.

The death left a huge scar in my heart.

~~

Since I'm an adult already, I took care of myself. I moved into a nice apartment.

I try to erase the bad memories from my head and wanted to start over. That was only until I found out about a certain restaurant.

The restaurant was well known and was run by a man, Mr. Kim. I did some research and soon discovered that he was indeed my father. I found my father. I remember papa and that fueled my anger.

I also discovered that his son, Namjoon, was going to take over the restaurant soon. Maybe I can work for him and find out more about Mr. Kim.

~~

Soon, I was hired to be Namjoon's assistant. By the time then, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim had already started to work in different places far away. I didn't get to see Mr. Kim much.

I changed my name to V in case Mr. Kim might know who I was. I also changed my personality a bit, using it to hide my true intentions.

Being Namjoon's assistant wasn't so bad. It was easy since he didn't even need that much help and he also had a good-looking fiancé who would always follow him around like a cute puppy. Seokjin was his name.

I didn't think much about Seokjin then. I would only think of him as my boss's beautiful fiancé and nothing else. I know that he's engaged but there's nothing wrong with looking and admiring art.

Before I knew it, I fell in love for the first time. Seokjin was so beautiful inside and out. I always had fun when I'm with him. I couldn't resist it and my love for him deepens from time to time. I confessed, but got turned down. It hurts but I manage to live, just barely.

Then, as you may know, I slept with Seokjin. Seokjin almost made me a completely happy person. I almost forgot about my hatred for Mr. Kim. I even thought about revealing my true identity to him.

But when I found out that it was only a mistake, everything came crashing down.

~~

Seokjin claims that he's pregnant. I didn't believe him at first and kicked him out of my apartment. It was soon a fact that Seokjin was pregnant. I wanted to go to him and start a family together, but remembered that Mr. Kim was still out there.

If I explain this to Seokjin, he won't let me do anything. The only way to get Seokjin out of the way was to push him away with our child. Guilt almost ate me alive when I neglected Seokjin. I didn't know what else to do.

The party came and things went good and bad. I was happy that Namjoon introduced Jimin. That'll make Mr. Kim mad for sure. But then there's Seokjin. I didn't plan Seokjin's pregnancy. It was an accident. Seokjin was humiliated in front of everybody. I only smirked in the crowd, hiding my guilt behind my fake identity as V.

I needed to stay as V at the time to get closer to Mr. Kim.

~~

When the restaurant started getting bad due to Namjoon's lack of effort, I decided that it was time to tell Mr. Kim who I was. I told him that I was his son. My name wasn't V. It was Taehyung. My papa, Mr. Lee had died due to being sick. I wanted to find him because he was my father. I wanted to be with him as his son.

Of course I lied to him about papa's death and wanting to be with him.

If I told him the real cause of papa's death, he'll wonder why I still want to be with him.

I hate him. I don't want to be with him at all.

___________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

(Back to the Present)

Namjoon was still waiting for Taehyung to explain how they were brothers. Taehyung finishes his flashbacks and explains.

"When your mother was still with Mr. Jeon, father met Mr. Lee, my papa. When Mr. Jeon left, father connected with your mother again, leaving papa behind. Papa got sick and died after giving birth to me. I wanted to find father again because I wanted a parent in my life," he lies again.

It took a while for Namjoon to process the words. After things were explained, they talked about the restaurant. Since Namjoon still didn't want that place anymore, Taehyung will run the place from now on since he is the other son. There were no objections.

Taehyung was invited to live with them but he refused, saying how he doesn't want things to be awkward between them. He'll stay in his cozy apartment.

Luckily, Namjoon doesn't bring up how Taehyung is the father of Seokjin's baby.

~~

Speaking of Seokjin, the said man was busy decorating the nursery for his baby. He found out that his baby was a boy. The nursery was pink and blue. It was blue because the baby was a boy and pink because Seokjin likes that color.

Honestly, Seokjin was excited for the baby to come. He wants to hold the baby and give him kisses. 

Seokjin sits in a rocking chair to rest and sings a lullaby for his unborn baby. He'll watch over him and give him lots of love.

He still haven't decided on the name yet, but he still have plenty of time to think of one that'll be perfect.

The thought of giving birth always scare him but he does his best not to think about it as much as he can. It'll make him stress and he only wants to think about what's best for the baby. He wants to be a good parent like his own parents.

___________________________________________________________________

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I had just exit the gym, sweating and panting. I needed to work out more. I'd like to think that my life is getting back to normal. I ignored the memories that pained me. Right now, I'm doing fine and decided to move on. If I can't sing anymore, I'll dance since I also have a passion for dancing. 

When I walked around the corner of the building to my car, I bumped into someone. "Oops, I'm sorry about that," I apologize quickly. The shorter person looks up at me with his wide eyes and dark circles.

"Jungkook?"

___________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Is this chapter confusing? I had trouble putting this chapter together.