Him to Him

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

Author's P.O.V.

*Thud*

Jimin drops his phone on the cold floor of his living room before placing himself in front of the windows. His hand slides down the cool surface, leaving faint prints behind. The window fogged up a bit from his breaths that pumped out of his slightly opened mouth.

The phone on the ground was still on, revealing an article that makes Jimin burn inside. It's just a simple article but had successfully made a huge impact on the said man. Jimin could barely talk after reading the short page.

Seokjin happened to be there too since he had free time. The two were planning to eat and watch a thriller movie but Jimin got distracted. He just didn't expect Jimin to be like this. How is Jimin exactly you ask?

Raging in the inside but tearful on the outside. Whimpering from pain in his head but softly breathing through his mouth. His whole body inside and out hurts so much that he couldn't say anything at all. He didn't even consider the fact that it could only be false news. It is a rumor after all.

"Jungkook couldn't be dating someone. I know he won't do that," Seokjin walks to the phone and picked it up, skimming through the article again. 'Rising Star Jungkook and Anonymous Trainee.'

The news had rumors going around about Jungkook being in a relationship with a trainee from the same company. Many rumors had been spread about celebrities and Jimin usually didn't care but Jungkook was the only one he was concerned about.

Not only was it because he loves the young man, but he was worried about how Jungkook is about this.

Jimin didn't want to believe the article but the memory from a few days ago only added more evidence to support what he didn't want to believe. Jungkook is seeing someone.

*Flashback*

"I...I'm already seeing someone."

The words shot Jimin in the heart as he staggered backwards until his back hit the wall. Jungkook had surprised him since he didn't think that Jungkook would even like another person. He hadn't even fully recovered when Jungkook continued, not aware of Jimin's condition.

"I didn't think that you'd ever love me back so I gave a chance to another person," Jungkook went to hold Jimin but couldn't. He ran off before Jungkook could even touched him.

Bolting through the halls and down the stairs, Jimin's throat ached from panting too hard, the air drying his lips. He wanted be comforted so bad but there was no one around. Seokjin is with his family, his grandma is at home, and Jungkook...Jungkook...

He collapsed right in the middle of the empty hallway. Sobs pushed their way out of Jimin, choking him so much that he covered his mouth with his hands to quiet them down. He propped himself against the wall nearby and stared out the huge window.

The moon was the only source of light in the dark hall, glowing so soft that it helped Jimin. Once Jimin had controlled of the noises from him, he shuffled his way into the moonlight that shone through the window. The light provided warmth as if it was made to keep him at ease. It smiled gently at Jimin and to make him feel better, the stars twinkled even more, decorating the night sky.

When Taehyung came looking for Jimin to inform him that they're leaving, Jimin quickly wiped away any trace of tears on his face. It was dark enough so that Taehyung couldn't see how Jimin's eyes were.

He then followed Taehyung down the hall to the exit. Jimin felt a presence behind him so before he turned around the corner, he glanced behind him and saw Jungkook at the end of the hall.

"Come on, this way," Taehyung points forward and Jimin's steps increased, leaving Jungkook standing in his previous spot in the moonlight.

*End of Flashback*

"How do I get him back?" Jimin stares at his own reflection in the window. He ponders for a while before turning to Seokjin, who had just set the phone on the table. Seokjin was a great person to talk to so Jimin asks him for any ideas.

In the end, the great Seokjin only replies with, "I honestly do not know what to say. You know Jungkook more than I do and in my opinion, maybe start off with getting clear information. Who knows, maybe Jungkook is being blackmailed."

"God, please don't say that," Jimin pleads as he remembers himself being blackmailed into loving Namjoon in the past. It's horrible and no one should experience that.

But Seokjin may be right though. It's better to hear and see the whole situation from Jungkook. 
Jimin found his start and he tells himself that the rest will just have to unravel itself later (not a good idea).

So what are you waiting for?

GO!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook's P.O.V.

"How are you feeling?" Minwoo asks me as he steps out of the bathroom. He had a towel around him and his hair was damp from the shower that he had just took. His soft eyes show a hint of worry and I know exactly why. News about me and him (the anonymous trainee) spread like fire.

"I'm fine. You?" I lied and looked away. Looking at him made me sick to the stomach. It's not that I despise Minwoo; he's a wonderful person. It's his resemblance to Jimin in personality that made me feel so bilious.

"I know that you're not fine and that makes me feel the same," he sits next to me on the edge of the bed. "You're worried about him, aren't you?"

By 'him' he meant Jimin. Minwoo and I trained together in the same company and I've told him many things about me, including Jimin. We became friends and soon, he spoke to me about his feelings. He is still a trainee now which concerns me because the rumor may get in the way of him making his debut.

I had thought that Jimin would never agree to be with me again and when I met Minwoo, an interest sparked inside. He's similar to Jimin in several ways: kind, cheerful, and sometimes clumsy too. I liked him right away.

Minwoo soon confessed to me, wanting to start something with me and I had to think for a while. It took me a week to settle with my answer. I said that I'd be okay with going out together. We're not dating, we're only going out on a couple of dates here and there to see how I'd feel about moving onto another relationship. I'd promise him a chance just like he asked.

I didn't lie to Jimin. I am seeing someone after all.

"I don't want to talk about him now," I growled and stood up to grab my towel since I always shower after Minwoo. He doesn't say anything else as I shut the door. The mirror isn't fogged up anymore, showing my angry face. Seeing this makes me feel guilty. Minwoo is strong yet also fragile. Even when I'm harsh, he doesn't seem to mind and still love me for who I am.

No, I don't love him, at least not yet. I like him a lot but it doesn't feel strong and solid enough to be considered love. Minwoo knows this well. He knows about how I'm trying to move on from Jimin, even though it's really tough to do so. He's so patient that he even once said, "If it's going to take you ten years to love me, then be it. I'll wait."

"Ugh!" I yelled when shampoo got into my eyes. The sting brought tears to my eyes which reminded me of Jimin's hurt face during that night.

When I told him that I'm already seeing someone, he staggered backwards. I didn't want to say it but I can't lie either. I was so frustrated because I had already gave Minwoo a chance. A promise is a promise. I can't break it.

But hearing him say that he loves me again gave me a huge headache. He just HAD to tell me this AFTER I agreed to Minwoo's request. Thinking about this makes me want to yank time backwards to change things so that I can say the same thing to Jimin. To tell him that I love him too.

I press the soft towel into my face, drying it. Things already happened. Maybe I should just continue what I'm doing. I'll see how I feel about Minwoo. If nothing happens, then we'll still stay friends. 

But I'm afraid that Jimin won't be an option by then.

*Knock Knock Knock*

I open the bathroom door and Minwoo doesn't look up at me. What is it? He opens his mouth hesitantly, "He's here. Should I tell him to wait?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin's P.O.V.

I play around with the sleeves of my shirt, anxiously biting the inside of my cheek. The man from before came back with a smile plastered on his face. He had let me inside earlier. I gotta say, getting inside this building was so hard.

First, I tried to walk casually inside but security didn't let me. Then I went around the building, trting to find an open window to go through but there was none. And I can't just break through someone's home. I did several attempts that failed.

While groaning in frustration, I kicked a trash can. The good problem was that I didn't know how much strength I put into the kick but it sent the trash can tumbling down the sidewalk. A woman walking her dog gasps as the can came towards her. A crash sounded.

Next thing I know, the first security guard ran to see if the woman and her pet was alright. The second one went after the trash can, leaving the entrance unsupervised. 'How careless! How unresponsible!' I mocked in my head before sneaking in.

After finding out where Jungkook is located, I went to the said room. When the door opened, it wasn't Jungkook. I had thought that it was the wrong room but he recognized me and said that Jungkook was inside. He made me confused because I've never met the man before so how could he possibly know me?

Now, the man sits across from me and introduces himself as Minwoo. The name matches the soft features on his even face. I was a bit envious of how he looked like.

"Jungkook will be out in a bit," he tells me. I look in the direction of the hallway before asking how he knew me. Is he an old friend?

"Jungkook talked about you and showed me pictures. The funny thing is, he doesn't show me any pictures of his family. It was only you," he paused, "He's very fond of you," his kindness showed in his voice but something was off. I then wondered how he and Jungkook are connected. Are they friends? Roomates?

"Jimin," Jungkook's voice cuts through, "Did you need something?" His hair was brushed back, revealing his forehead. The clothes that he is wearing looks fresh and clean.

"I do....um..." Minwoo notices me hesitating and he gets up. "Oh, that's right. I should let you guys talk alone," with that, he quickly leaves the dorm completely, leaving Jungkook staring back at the shut door.

He still has his back turned but I didn't mind. "You're here because of the rumor aren't you?" he went to get a water bottle. After taking a swig, he avoided any eye contact, making me feel like I don't even exist. Then, he speaks again.

"It's true."

Jungkook is not helping. He's only shooting me, arrow after arrow without any signs of stopping. It only seems fair, since I had done the same before. What is this? Karma?

"I know that it's true. I just want to know why. And who," I said the last part carefully. Do I really want to know who the person that Jungkook is seeing is? Well, I did come here to understand him. Might as well find out who the person is.

"Minwoo," he shuts his eyes, almost like he's in pain, "I promised him."

 

............So......that kind man from before......is with Jungkook? But why is he so nice to me?

"Minwoo doesn't like to hate people," Jungkook answered for me, "He always searches for the good in people."

A few moments of silence went by until Jungkook looks at me right in the eye and arches an eyebrow slightly, "Are you going to demand for the whole explanation? All of it?"

"I don't care how long it will take. Start now."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Minwoo's P.O.V.

I sigh and kicked a pebble outside. After leaving Jungkook and Jimin, I decided to walk around the block. They need time too.

I smiled as a father and son walked pass me. He had his son sitting on his shoulders, securing his short legs with his stronger arms.

"Hansung, don't pull my hair! I'll be bald by the time we get home!" the dad cried out as the boy continued to pull at his dad's blonde locks.

I chuckled softly and soon stopped inside of a coffee shop. There were many people inside and once I ordered my drink, I scoot into a seat at an empty table. I seem to be the only person who's alone.

An older couple bicker at the table next to me.

"I don't like it!" One complained as he nudges his cup away. The other man rolled his eyes. "Hoseok, I already ordered it. Just drink it!" he throws his arms up. When his significant other didn't make a move to pick up the cup, he groans.

"Fine. Take mine," the dark haired man slides his cup to the other, whose eyes gleamed and his smile was so bright that it almost blinded all the people around him. "Thanks, Yoongi!"

Turns out that the drinks were exactly the same thing. The only difference was that one was iced and the other one wasn't. 

I sipped on my drink as I stared at the space across from me. I wish Jungkook was here with me. Even though he had agreed to going on a few dates, it's difficult due to our different and busy scheldules. It is even more difficult now due to the information that was published.

I love Jungkook, I really do, and I hope that he'll feel the same way for me too.

People like him are hard to come by since he's so caring and determined. Jungkook has many traits that attracted me.

The day that we met will always be remembered in my heart. He was so nervous, always stuttering since he's still new and trying to get use to the place and routine. I had been training even before Jungkook arrived so I decided to help him every once in a while and kept him from being too lonely.

The only thing that makes me sad is the way he looks like whenever he talks about Jimin. That face came out again when they saw each other again in the dorm.

I wish that he'll look at me that way someday...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

"Oh, look! It's Jiminie!" Taehyung couldn't contain his loud voice. Hansung did the same and pointed at Jimin from his father's shoulders. The pair were still walking outside.

Jimin was so lost in thought that he didn't even notice the two adorable people jumping around for him. He only went right past them which was odd since Jimin loves Hansung. He didn't even see them.

"Is Minnie sick?" Hansung bends over to look into Taehyung's face. Taehyung wanted to find out what could be wrong but Hansung needed to go home first. He smiles before talking up to the little boy, "I think so. Let's take you home before you get sick like Jiminie."

They turn back to walk to their destination but spotted another person.

"Oh, look! It's Kookie!"

~~

Jimin had his head down as he shuffled on the sidewalk, going to who knows where. Because he didn't pay attention to his surroundings, he bumped into someone, causing him to cry out a bit.

"Ah, Minwoo! Are you okay?" Jimin kneels next to the wincing man. Minwoo didn't seem to care that Jimin had just knocked him over. Instead, he asks about Jungkook. "Is he alright? Nothing bad happened, right?"

Jimin shook his head, "No. We just talked, that's........all." He lied. That wasn't all of it.

When Minwoo was pulled back onto his feet, he said that he'd better go back to the dorm. He didn't asked for any details because he doesn't like to intrude in other people's business. Jimin watched him leave before turning again. But this time, he bumped into someone else. Not literally, he was just met with a familiar face.

"Hello, Mr. Min," Jimin said politely. Yoongi narrowed his eyes just a bit, getting a better look at Jimin. "Mhmm," he hummed back. The atmosphere around was thick; it wasn't tense but it wasn't welcoming either.

Hoseok, being the shining sun stepped in and shattered whatever was looming above the two. "Hi Jimin!" His smile was brighter than ever.

"Hello, Mr. Jung," Jimin watches as Yoongi glances at his husband. The smile on Hoseok lessened a bit and Jimin can clearly see that a message had been sent between the two men.

"Jimin, would you like to come over for a while? We miss having you around," Hoseok's words were kind but Jimin knew that what he said has something to do with his son. Jungkook probably shared out some things with his parents.

Jimin didn't want to turn them down.

"I'd love to."

~~

Jungkook lost Jimin after talking with Taehyung on the street. That made him return in disappointment. When the building came into view, Jungkook was startled by a hand wrapping around his own hand.

Minwoo looked at him with curiosity. He wonders what Jungkook and Jimin could've done, even if Jimin said that they've only talked, nothing more, nothing less. It's only more suspicious when Jungkook keeps his lips over and over.

Again, Minwoo won't force Jungkook spill everything. But the suspension is killing him.

What in the world did they do in that room?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

(Later that Evening)

Taehyung's P.O.V.

I paced back and forth in the empty living room. So that dating rumor about Jungkook is true? My hand curls and rests on my chin as I think. After almost untying every knot in the mess that took years to settle down (Namjoon, Hansung, etc.), I can't believe that Jungkook only made it harder for himself again by tripping and getting himself tangled up again.

But I guess his reason makes sense. The short conversation from before surfaced.

*Flashback*

"Oh, look! It's Kookie!" I yelled as he start to come closer in my view. Hansung waved and he did the same thing back with a small smile.

"Hi~" he reaches up to pinch Hansung's cheek before questioning me, "Did you see Jimin?" After he said that, I turn to look behind me but Jimin must've turned around the corner.

"Yeah. Are you chasing after him?" I took Hansung off me and placed him on the ground. He looks curiously at us, trying to understand what was going on but he's well behaved and stayed quiet.

"No. I just followed him without knowing," he stares aimlessly down the street. I adjust my son's clothes before standing straight again, holding his small hand so he won't go wandering around. "Jungkook, what did you do?" I ask sternly.

"Nothing! It was him who did something," he hissed with an irritated face, "Please don't always assume that I'm the bad guy."

Hansung tugged on my arm, signaling that he was getting bored and wanted to get home faster. I then nodded at him and motioned Jungkook to follow us as we continue our walk.

"Sorry," I simply apologized for judging so quick. A grunt from him accepted the apology. We didn't say anything else to each other and the only person who was making any sound was Hansung. He hummed the song that Seokjin had taught him earlier this week.

"Daddy, look! Can I get flowers for appa?" Hansung points to a bundle of daisies in a small grassy area. I tell him to hurry and he rushes off. He busies himself, carefully picking the flowers since he wants them to be the same length, perfect for Seokjin.

That leaves me with Jungkook. "So, what did Jimin do?" I was so curious about what Jimin could possibly do.

Jungkook's face looked so blank, like he doesn't know what feelings are anymore. He shoots a look at me then brushes his own lips with the tips of his fingers.

"Hyung, he kissed me."

*End of Flashback*

"Tae. Taehyung!" I snapped out of my daze and Seokjin my hair. He places one hand on my shoulder. "Stop overthinking. I'll try to figure out what Jimin's plan is. I only told him to talk to Jungkook to know more about the situation. I don't know why he did what he did though," he mumbled the last part.

~~

"Do you think they'll be together again?" I said in the dark room. Seokjin's head is tucked in next to me and he wraps his arm around me. It's still a bit early to be sleeping but the both of us were exhausted.

"I hope they do. If Jimin loves Jungkook that much, I'm sure he'll find a way. He's learn a lot," he opens his tired eyes. We gazed at each other for a while before automatically leaning in at the same time to share a kiss.

I can't imagine being alone without Seokjin so I also hope that Jungkook and Jimin will make wise decisions. I want them to know how it feels like to have the person they love by their side at all times.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

Also in bed early is Jimin. He had just gotten home after staying at Mr. Jung and Min's house. He still feels a bit flustered and embarrassed about the kiss.

*Flashback*

After Jungkook finishes telling me about Minwoo, Jimin felt dejected. He should've told him that he loves him earlier. If he did then maybe they'd be together by now but unfortunately, Jimin didn't make it on time.

But he wants to express himself again anyway. "I love you," that statement threw Jungkook off. "Y-yeah told me that already," he refers to that other night. Even though Jimin's knew that Jungkook is currently seeing Minwoo, that didn't stop him from trying to reason with him.

"Do you still love me? I...Even if you're with another man, you still love me, right?" Jimin crosses his fingers for Jungkook to say yes. He waited for the answer.

"I don't know," Jungkook was being completely honest. He didn't want to say yes to that anymore because saying yes to loving Jimin had pained him for years.

"..."

"..."

"Can I test something?" Jimin stepped forward, playing with his sleeves again. He wanted to add something into Jungkook's already full mind. Jungkook didn't know what was coming but he shrugged and allowed Jimin to try out whatever he had in mind.

"Close your eyes. I don't want you to see," this makes him think that Jimin brought something for him. 'A gift won't win me over,' Jungkook thought stubbornly. Jimin had nothing with him except for one thing...

He received chaste kiss right on the lips, causing his eyes to shoot open. But he couldn't see anything because Jimin covered his eyes, preventing him from seeing the beautiful face in front of him.

It all ended quickly and Jimin pulled away with cheeks dusted pink. He his heels then headed to the door. Jungkook shook his head to clear his head and silently watched Jimin leave.

"What did he..."

Once Jimin got to the doorway, he said over his shoulder, "Maybe that'll tell you how you really feel about me."

And with that, he's out the door, leaving no trace behind but the lingering sensation on Jungkook's lips. His feet then moved on its own, following Jimin's steps out of the building. Jimin is already way ahead of Jungkook but he still followed the male anyway. He doesn't know why.

*End of Flashback*

And that's not it. There was that conversation at his parents' house.

Jimin had his brain overflowing and he hates it. Who wouldn't? He tossed and turned in his bed. Even so, he felt like he accomplished his turn successfully and is now waiting for Jungkook's next move:

Confirmation.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hoseok's P.O.V.

"You have to be positive. He'll understand what Jungkook meant," I help Yoongi clear the table. The cookies were placed back into the jar and the plate went to the sink. 

"I'm not sure. What did he mean anyway? If I can't even understand, how can Jimin?" Yoongi sat back down helplessly.

*Another Freaking Flashback (Last one I promise)*

Jimin had his hands folded in his lap as he looked around the room, observing the framed pictures that hung from the walls. I could tell that he felt awkward being here again. Jungkook isn't here anymore like always when they were younger.

Jimin must've matured more, even if it could've been a little bit only. But it's nice to see him again, to see how he grew from a little fluff ball into a fine man. Maybe he's still fluffy and not showing me that side now because he broke away from Jungkook.

Yoongi brings the snacks over to the table. We asked him simple questions first, making him more comfortable for the main question.

"Have you and Jungkook been in touch?" I asked. He stops chewing the cookie and swallowed hard. The half eaten cookie was placed on the plate and Jimin brushes the crumbs off of his hands.

"Actually, I met him today," he took his cup and tilts it into his mouth. Yoongi wouldn't stop staring at him with a small glare. As you may already know, Yoongi cares about Jungkook a lot that he'd even doubt Jimin sometimes, who has grown up with Jungkook.

He did trust Jimin before but is having trouble doing so now, especially because he left our son. Both Yoongi and I know that he was forced to leave but that doesn't change the fact that he still hurt Jungkook.

"He said that he doesn't know if he loves me or not,"  Jimin's voice was small, almost like he had become a child once again. Hearing this made me and Yoongi exchange a confused glance at each other.

Jungkook is unsure?

"How much do you love him?" questioned Yoongi. Without any hesitation, Jimin voices, "So much that I want to be with him forever!"

"That's it?" Yoongi wasn't fully convinced. I was surprised when Jimin suddenly shook his head so fast that I thought it might fly out of the window. "No!"

"What would you do if he chooses to stay with another person?" the questions went on and on. Jimin's breathing got cut off. Oh yeah, did I also mention that there's also that Minwoo man that Jungkook had talked about before.

That night when Jungkook came to visit was also when he informed us about Minwoo. I never saw how he looks like or saw a picture or anything. As a parent, I respect Jungkook's choice to give this man a chance to love. He also thought hard about Jimin.

"Nothing..."

"What?!" I was expecting Jimin to go on about how he won't be able to live but all he said was nothing?!

"I won't do anything if Jungkook chooses to stay with another person. I can't. What, you think that I can just force him to love me? I plan to get Jungkook back but if it ends up with him walking away, so be it," he looked like he'll cry soon.

"Um-" I get cut off.

"If he chooses Minwoo, it'll hurt so bad. But what can I do after that? Nothing. I might just become a lifeless soul in a living body."

Jimin knows about Minwoo?

"You know Minwoo too?" Yoongi wondered about the same thing. I hope nothing horrible has happened.

"Yeah. I met him today. He's very kind. Maybe a perfect match for Jungkook," he said. Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows before giving Jimin a small slap on the thigh.

"You're not suppose to say that. Even if he's nice, you belong with Jungkook," Yoongi basically turned 180° with what he said. I chuckled with a scoff, "First you were glaring at the poor boy, questioning his love for our son and now you're telling him to hold on and don't give up?"

"Hobi, be quiet," he snapped before turning to Jimin again.

"Jungkook told us something one night. You were part of it," he stayed calm, maybe too calm for someone like him. "He told us about Minwoo and how nice it is to be with him. I know he's not lying about that but he's not completely honest either," he relaxed.

Well, I guess Yoongi will do all the talking then.

"You know how that idiot is such an idiot sometimes. He keeps saying how he wants to stop loving you since he thinks you won't ever love him back but I can tell from his face that he's lying. He still wants to love you and he still does," he concluded.

"What are you trying to say here?" Jimin didn't seem like he could interpret what Yoongi said. I took a few of the forgotten cookies, waiting to see how Yoongi would reply to that.

Instead of giving a straight answer, Yoongi said, "Here's something to think about. Jungkook said that he wanted to ask you this, 'Will you fly with me to the edge of the sky, so we can reach each other?'"

"What's the meaning of that?!" Jimin exclaimed. He was getting a bit frustrated and looked at me for help. I am as confused as he is so I shrugged, "Don't ask me."

"I'm sure you'll find the meaning soon," Yoongi doesn't help either.

~~

Jimin left soon after with a headache. Oops. I guess Yoongi and I helped caused it. But what we told him could be useful in a way.

*End of Flashback*

"Plus, what's going to happen to Minwoo?" I remembered the mentioned man.

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Later that Night)

Jungkook's P.O.V.

Minwoo and I were up late watching movies together. Nothing intimate went on, we're just hanging out. When the movie ended, Minwoo went to put on another one. He came back and sat next to me, making himself comfortable. 

I paid no attention to the movie at all as the scene of Jimin kissing me replays over and over in my head, even if he covered my eyes during it. Should I tell Minwoo about it? 

"Minwoo," I look at him and he's so peaceful just sitting here. "Yeah?" he looks away from the screen and at me.

His smile made me feel guilty about telling him. He waits for me to say something as I start to debate with myself. In the end, I ended up not telling him.

"Nevermind."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: First of all, sorry for the very late update. It's the usual thing with other writers: finishing school with finals, family business, etc. Second, I'm not sure when the next update will be since I'll be leaving home for 2 weeks. Third, I feel like this chapter isn't as interesting... Fourth, I love you all; thanks for staying this long.