Better and Worse

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

Author's P.O.V.

"Seokjin is in labor!"


Jungkook drops his hand immediately and gets off of Namjoon.

Mrs. Kim faints.

Taehyung continues to pant with swollen eyes, "I-I didn't know what to do! H-his water broke a-and I took him to the hospital as fast as I could! I don't know what's happening right now so I came here to tell you guys since Seokjin has no other family."

Jimin wanted to see Seokjin. He knows that Seokjin must be scared and alone with doctors that he doesn't know.

Everything was forgotten as everybody rushes to put on their shoes and jackets except for Yoongi and Hoseok. They said that they'd stay to look after Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Namjoon was hesitant about going at first but something inside him convinces him to go. They all got inside one car and drove to the hospital that Seokjin is in.

Yoongi sits down and groans, "I didn't want all of this to happen. Hobi, Jungkook knows now."

"He won't leave us," Hoseok says but he wasn't confident of what he said.

~~

Only Taehyung was allowed to go in Seokjin's room. Namjoon, Jimin, and Jungkook stayed out and waited.

Namjoon had his arm over Jimin and Jungkook sat across from them, avoiding any kind of interaction. Jimin breathes softly and his face rests on Namjoon's chest. Jungkook bites his lip and paid attention to his phone instead.

Hoseok assured him that Mrs. And Mr. Kim were okay. Both just needed some sleep perhaps.

~~

It's been three hours and Seokjin's baby was still not delivered yet. Namjoon's body aches from sleeping in an uncomfortable position for too long. He groans as he remembers his dream. 

'Ugh, why am I getting these weird dreams?' Namjoon had another dream similar to his past dreams. But this time, he hears gunshots and a baby crying in the dream. Everything was black though so he couldn't see anything.

"Hey, Jimin, I'm gonna go get us some food okay?" He leaves Jimin, not realizing that he was leaving him alone with Jungkook.

Jimin pretends to sleep to avoid talking to Jungkook. Jungkook knows this but he didn't say anything about it.

"Ow," Jimin mumbles when an empty water bottle hits him. He looked across from him and Jungkook's monotonous face greets him.

"Oh, sorry. My hand slipped," he says. Jimin grew slightly irritated because Jungkook was obviously lying. A water bottle can't hit someone like that because a small slip. Jimin huffed before closing his eyes again.

"Ow!" Jimin reopens his eyes when something else hits him. This time it was a shoe. Timberland to be exact. Jungkook pretends to be innocent. "What? My shoe just fell off my feet."

Jimin throws the shoe back harshly and mumbled, "Stop being so annoying. I'm tired." Jungkook just couldn't help himself. He felt angry with Jimin. He wanted to hit Jimin with some light things to try to knock some sense into him (of course he didn't like to hit Jimin).

Jungkook laughs nervously and bitterly.

"What's wrong?" Jimin knows that something was bothering Jungkook. Remember that Jimin still doesn't know about Jungkook and Namjoon being half brothers.

"Oh, it's nothing. It's just...my dads had been with Mrs. Kim a lot lately without telling me why. So I followed them this time and POOF! I'm not their child. And it turns out that the man who took my cute little mochi was my brother. And then my cute little mochi just had to start falling head over heels for that (rap) monster. But again, it's nothing. I'm totally not dying slowly and painfully inside while being constipated with love."

Oh, no.

Jungkook is falling apart. He starts to get dramatic without realizing as he vomits out his true emotions that he had kept hidden for quite some time. Jimin only stares as he takes in every word spilling out of Jungkook's mouth. 

"I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone. I need to go run my feelings off," he rushes. He has never really acted like this before. Was it because he's feeling nervous and uneasy? He felt embarrassed for acting weird in front of Jimin.

"I'll come with you. We can walk together," Jimin says as he gets up. Maybe he can try to talk to Jungkook to get them to be friends at least. "What about Namjoon?"

"Oh, he'll be fine."

Jungkook walks out with Jimin and right after they disappear, Namjoon comes back. "What? Jimin?" He came back with food but didn't see Jimin or Jungkook at all. A bad feeling settles in as he worry about what could have happened to Jimin. "What if Jungkook did something to him?" He abandons the food and goes off to search for Jimin.

___________________________________________________________________

Jimin's P.O.V.

I walked out of the hospital with Jungkook to get some fresh air. Seokjin is still in there and I'm still very worried.

"Let's go sit over there instead," Jungkook suggests. I guess he finally calmed down a bit and changed his mind about walking or running his feelings off. We sat down on a bench underneath a small tree.

"So..." I started. It was quiet and things just felt awkward again. Things had been chaotic at the mansion so Jungkook and I never really got to say anything to each other there. Then Seokjin went into labor and I was so worried that I forgot that Jungkook was still hurt by me.

"I'm sorry," I finally said. Jungkook sighs, "That won't do anything." I know that what he said was true. Saying sorry won't fix anything now. It's way too late to do say anything. But I tried again anyway even if it makes me look desperate.

"Jungkook, I really am sorry. You know that I never wanted to leave you in the first place. I didn't want Namjoon to hit you any more so I just blurted out whatever was in my head," I said. I recall the terrible moment when Namjoon had the belt in his hand and lashed it at Jungkook.

"What are you trying to do?" Jungkook narrows his eyes. I bite my lip. "I want to be close to you again," I said. Jungkook's cold eyes warmed up a little bit. "You do?"

"Yes, I do. I loved you. You're an amazing person and I want to be with you again," I said tenderly. Jungkook's eyes widens but then grows cold again. "Wait. You just said that you 'loved' me. Why did you use the past tense of love?"

Jimin freezes. Oh....right.

"Jungkook, I..."

"Enough. I already know about you developing feelings for Namjoon," he says. How did he know about this?! It's true but just because I'm starting to like Namjoon doesn't mean that I don't have feelings for Jungkook. I still want to be his boyfriend again but I'm starting to know how to love Namjoon too.

I know it's bad. I know I shouldn't be having feelings for Namjoon. Especially when he's the one who separated me from Jungkook.

"Jimin," the strong voice makes me attentive. "Do you love Namjoon more than me?" I stop to think about the question. "I...I don't know yet," I whispered. I felt ashamed and turned away. How can I even say this? I've been with Jungkook for years and only a few months with Namjoon. It should obviously be Jungkook. But something holds me onto Namjoon. It's like I want to understand him more.

A strong hand grips my chin. Jungkook turns my head to him. "How can you say that? How can I make you love me like you did before?" he asks sadly. My lips trembled as I try to keep myself composed. I'm making things so difficult for myself. I can just run off with Jungkook now but again, I'm starting to love Namjoon.

Jungkook his lips and dives in, moving his lips against my lips. I flinch from the unexpected action. Sure, I've let Namjoon kiss me but it was never my lips. Jungkook's kiss makes me drown in more confusion. Why now? If he would have kissed me earlier before I became attached to Namjoon, I would have definitely gone with him as fast as I can.

A hand pulls me away from Jungkook, breaking our kiss.

"LEAVE!!!"

Namjoon yells at Jungkook. "Are you okay?" he asks me gently, changing his tone quickly. I nodded. Jungkook stares at Namjoon's hand that held mine.

"Congratulate Seokjin for me," he merely said before wiping his lips as if he's wiping the kiss off in regret and walking away. "Jimin. Think about that kiss. Hopefully you still feel something from it," he adds.

 "Don't go yet," I said weakly. Jungkook ignores me.

__________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook's P.O.V.

Damn it!

I could have convinced Jimin to come back to me but Namjoon interrupted me. I honestly don't see anything good about Namjoon which makes me confused about how Jimin even likes this person.

I'm definitely sure that Jimin still have feelings for me. I know he felt something in that kiss.

Since we all came in one car, I took a cab home.

~~

Appa and dad were probably sleeping. I went to the kitchen for a glass of water. As I drink in the dark, the lights .

Dad was standing a few feet away from me.

"You're home," he says. I set the cup in the sink and walked past him to my room. I didn't want to talk right now. I don't even know if I should be inside this house now. Dad sees that I'm not going to say anything.

"Goodnight Jungkook," he says even though it's almost 3 a.m. and goes back to bed.

I locked the door of my room once I got inside. I looked around my room. Big Bang posters, school awards, and pictures were hung on the walls.

I took the Big Bang posters off first; they were one of the reasons why I had the dream of being a singer. I know that I'll never reach that dream now and ripped them into shreds. The posters costed a lot of money but I didn't care at this point.

The framed certificates that I've received were shoves into the corner of my closet where I can't see them. They don't mean anything to me now. I use to think that they showed my hard work but all I see now are papers. The certificates are all just paper. The trophies are just trash since I can't use them or anything.

Lastly, the pictures were taken off the wall. I first threw the pictures of me and Jimin on the ground. Some pictures were taken when we were still kids, some were from our first middle school dance that we both went to as friends, and some were of me and Jimin kissing. I actually hesitated to think if I should keep these photos or not. But I remembered him holding Namjoon's hand and left them on the ground.

The next set of pictures were of me, appa, and dad. Baby pictures, pictures at the zoo, pictures at the ocean, and more. There were so many. Appa and dad never changed at all. They never aged one day and I'm sure that they'll stay young forever.

Why am I even calling them appa and dad? They're just Mr. Jung and Mr. Min now. I'm not their son.

So I throw the pictures on top of the Jimin pictures. I'll burn them tomorrow to take away some pain.

I still love Jimin, appa, and dad.

_______________________________________________________________________

Taehyung's P.O.V.

"T-Taehyung, stop c-crying. It's over," Seokjin pants out, exhausted. I was as tired as Seokjin even though I wasn't even the one who gave birth. I was so worried and cried so much. Seokjin was in so much pain and it makes me hurt too because I was the one who got him pregnant. I held Seokjin's hand the whole time and did my best to distract him from the pain as much as I could.

Soon, the doctor comes back with our baby after cleaning him. Seokjin takes the baby in his arms and tears up. "I can't believe I didn't want you to be in my life before. Look at you, you're so cute and cubby," he cries and kisses the baby.

After cooing for a while, Seokjin gives me the baby to hold since I'm also his father. I held the small bundled baby as gently as possible. I felt like if I make one small mistake, the baby will fall so I made stiff movements to keep the baby safe.

"Tae, relax. It's okay," Seokjin chuckles when he sees how tense I was. I did what I was told to do and breathed normally again.

The little face that I'm looking at was so innocent and peaceful. I almost cried again. I can't believe that I almost decided to leave this little bean alone with only Seokjin. Now I want to stay with him forever and never let go.

I felt glad that I got to hold our baby because father never held me when I was born. He left before I came into the world. Thinking back about my own parents, I didn't want my son to experience the same thing. I want him to have both of his parents with him and grow up with a happy childhood.

I also kissed his soft pink cheek before handing him back to Seokjin. Seokjin looked even more beautiful when he hums a soft lullaby to the baby. I focus on his face. His soft eyes and smile made me want to be in his arms too.

"What is it?" he asks when he saw me staring.

"You look pretty," I stated and his face turns rosy. I took one of his hands. "I think I got a name for our baby," I said softly. Seokjin raises his eyebrow. "Really? Well, what is it?"

"Hansung. I want him to be called Hansung," I said. Seokjin thinks. "Hmm...that name never came up in my head before. Why did you choose that name?"

"It's one of my ancestors' name. I heard that he was really bright but died by accident," I said. Seokjin gasps, "Woah. I didn't know that."

Seokjin and I spent more time with Hansung until the door opens.

"Seokjin!"

Jimin rushes to Seokjin and hugs him tightly. Namjoon stands by the doorway. "Seokjin, are you okay? You're okay, right?" Jimin asks and examines Seokjin's face.

"Jimin, I'm fine. Thanks for being here though," Seokjin chuckles. Jimin starts to talk to Seokjin and I watched as Namjoon fidget. Did something happen?

"Where's Jungkook? I thought he also wanted to see the baby," I said. Namjoon steps forward more. "Uh, he left. He said congratulations though," he says and shuts up again. I guess he still doesn't feel comfortable with being with Seokjin and I again. I mean, he did threaten to hurt Seokjin and Hansung so of course I'll be watching him and making him uncomfortable. I don't want him to hurt my family.

Jimin stayed until Seokjin needed to rest so he and Namjoon left afterwards. It's almost 4 a.m. so I sleep in the room with Seokjin and Hansung.

I can't believe that I'm really a father now.

___________________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

(The Next Day)

Taehyung took Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim to the hospital to see the baby.

"Oh my goodness! He's adorable!" she exclaims. Since Seokjin is here, she wanted to be happy for him so she hid her pained emotions from last night. Hansung was so little and chubby.

Mr. Kim was aware of what he did yesterday. He doesn't drink unless it's at a formal party or event so how did he ended up being drunk? He loves his wife dearly so why did he take a stranger home with him?

Of course, Mrs. Kim doesn't want to hear anything. She ignored Mr. Kim for the whole morning. He can't blame her though. It's the second time she spotted him with someone else. First was with the butler even though they said that it was an accident and the second time was last night.

They haven't discussed about anything and Mrs. Kim still have to untangle the Jungkook situation. Mr. Kim wanted to help but he doesn't know about anything. His wife doesn't want to be near him and he can't do anything. He felt useless.

"Seokjin, when can you leave the hospital?" Mrs. Kim asks while rocking Hansung in her arms. "I'm staying for two more days until I can leave," he replies. Taehyung glued himself next to Seokjin like guard dog to help Seokjin with anything.

"Seokjin, how come you never told me that Taehyung was the other father? Did he forced you?" she asks. "Hey, I can hear you," Taehyung says. Seokjin answers, "I didn't tell you because I was still unsure of the outcomes. And no, Tae didn't force me to do anything. It was an accident. But I'm glad I got to have this baby with me from now on." He coos at Hansung.

"So does this mean that you two are a couple?" Mr. Kim asks. Taehyung wanted to say yes but Seokjin said, "No, we're just acquaintances." Taehyung pouts and looks away when he hears Seokjin say "acquaintances" because he doesn't want to be acquaintances; he wants to marry Seokjin.

~~

The Kims returned to their home and Mrs. Kim continues to ignore her husband. Before Mr. Kim can even open his mouth, she leaves to who-knows-where. Mr. Kim only sighs sadly and goes back to his study.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hoseok's P.O.V.

"I want Jungkook to come live with me," Mrs. Kim said. No words came out of my mouth. Muffled yelling can be heard from Yoongi. Again, I had to keep him away from Mrs. Kim but close enough for him to hear what's going on. It looked like Yoongi was held as a prisoner because he was tied up and had tape covering his mouth. I had to bundle him up.

"Please. You guys had him for years. You guys raised him. Let me take care of him from now on," she pleads again. I was angry with her. How does she expects us to just let go of Jungkook like that? He's our son too, even if it's not by blood.

"I WON'T LET YOU!" Yoongi managed to spit the tape off his mouth. The tape was still hanging onto his chin but he yells more, "Why can't you understand? We are his parents too! Just let him choose who he wants to stay with!!!"

I agreed with Yoongi.

"Choose who I want to be with?"

Oh, boy. Jungkook steps into the room.

"Do I really have to?" he asks quietly.

~~

Yoongi locks himself in the basement. He doesn't let me stay with him but I understand. He can't stay strong anymore. Especially when Jungkook chose to stay with Mrs. Kim.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook says next to me.

He chose to stay with Mrs. Kim first. It's hard but he's going to live in two places from now on. The Kim's home and our home. He's going to live with Mrs. Kim first, then with us, then back to Mrs. Kim and so on.

Yoongi worried about Jungkook being in the same house as Namjoon but Mrs. Kim promised to keep him safe.

Even though Jungkook is still going to see us, I still felt like an important part of me had been torn out.

It's no one's fault really.

___________________________________________________________________________

Seokjin's P.O.V.

(A month later)

"You got ten mintues," I said and Taehyung rushed into my apartment. He's on lunch break from work but wanted to see Hansung. I didn't want him to stay too long or he'll forget about work, so I gave him ten minutes. He needed time to eat too.

Taehyung was on the bed with Hansung and planting soft kisses everywhere. I just gave Hansung a bath so he's still only in a diaper. Taehyung wanted to chose an outfit for him.

He chose one with a pink alpaca.

He played with our baby until the time was up.

"Time to go," I announced. It took forever to separate him from Hansung. He whined about not wanting to go back to work.

"Seokjin, I'll go but promise me one thing," he says. I stop to listen to him. "Let's go out as a family to the park or something this weekend. I know Hansung is still a baby but he should see more of the outside world," he said.

I agreed to it. I needed some fresh air too.

"Now go," I shoved Taehyung out the door before he spends more time here. "Wait!" he exclaims. I sighed. What is it now?

Taehyung grins at me. I was weirded out and was about to close the door but he stopped me. He leans in close to my ear and whispers, "Love you" before giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. He runs away so fast that it almost looked like he teleported instead.

I blushed furiously and placed my hand on the cheek that he kissed. Wait, why am I blushing? I don't like him like that.

I don't love Taehyung. I don't love Taehyung. I don't love Taehyung.

 

Okay, I might like him a little bit. Just a little.

__________________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

"Get out!" Mrs. Kim pushes Mr. Kim out of the mansion. She throws his suitcase with all of his things out too.

She had caught Mr. Kim kissing a man again.

Honestly, Mr. Kim didn't even do anything wrong. He didn't even know who the man was. It's just that Mrs. Kim kept coming in at the wrong time, right when things look off. But she had enough and kicked him out.

Namjoon and Jungkook watched silently from the top of the stairs. Mrs. Kim was so mad that she started to throw things. Jungkook was scared about what was going to happen next. Their maids, butlers, and other workers had to stop her from damaging more things.

Namjoon, who saw how afraid Jungkook was, took him to his room where it's safe. He's been much more kind to Jungkook once he finally came to the conclusion that Jungkook really was his baby brother Jeonkook. He wished he would have known earlier to prevent Jungkook's injuries.

Jungkook noticed how kind Namjoon was to him. It was very suspicious. It's been a month since he's been living with his mom and Jimin never came over even once. 'I guess Namjoon doesn't want me to be around Jimin,' Jungkook thought to himself. But he was wrong. It was actually Jimin who didn't want to be around Jungkook. Jimin still wasn't over the kiss and was nervous about what might happen if he sees Jungkook again.

Namjoon watched some movies with Jungkook in his bedroom. The movie drowned out Mrs. Kim's cries.

~~

Meanwhile, Mr. Kim quickly found a place to stay in for now. He then went over to Taehyung's apartment later to talk about his wife.

"Father, you're here," Taehyung says when Mr. Kim appeared in front of his home.

Mr. Kim explained to Taehyung that he never cheated on Mrs. Kim. The first time was when he was just helping a new worker. The second time was when he became drunk out of nowhere. The third time was again an accident because the random man just arrived out of nowhere and began to flirt with him. He had thought that maybe it was another new worker who was also confused about how things work at the mansion. But then he kissed him and Mrs. Kim entered, witnessing the scene.

Plus, lately, Namjoon had been cold to him and he doesn't know why. It pains him because his family hates him. His wife kicked him out and his eldest son had changed so much. Then Jungkook still had trouble calling him father because he doesn't see Mr. Kim as his father. The only person left that still cares about him is his second son, Taehyung.

Or so he thought.

"Taehyung. You're the only son who truly love and care about me," he says.

Taehyung hesitates and the atmosphere around him went from bright and caring to dark and cold.

"Do I really love and care about you?" Taehyung ask. Mr. Kim was confused. "What?"

"Mr. Kim, what makes you think that I love and care about you?" he asks while smirking. Mr. Kim wondered why Taehyung called him "Mr. Kim" instead of father. "You do care, right?" he was feeling unsure due to the change of Taehyung's personality.

"Do you want to know why these random men keep showing up with you?" Taehyung asks rhetorically. Mr. Kim doesn't say anything.

"I paid them to ruin your marriage."

Mr. Kim was shocked. "You did WHAT?!" he shouts. Taehyung chuckles only.

Impossible. His son won't do this to him. Taehyung has always been kind to him. He always respected him. Taehyung doesn't despise him.

"I've always despise you father." 

Well, there goes his kind and respectful son.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: BTS is in America! I can't believe it! It's the closest I've ever gotten to them! We're in the same country! It's just that I can't go to any of the concerts...and I'm on the other side of the country. TT