Kim Namjoon Falls

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

[Author's Note: Um, I almost forgot. I forgot that not everybody knows. Most of you probably do but for those who don't know, Hansung is a character that Taehyung acted for in the drama Hwarang. So if you wanted to know how he looks like... it's basically a baby Taehyung so....yeah. But you're the reader so I guess you can imagine how Hansung looks like however you like to. Plus, I promise there'll be more Jikook soon. It just needs to build up first.]

____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

"Hey, Jungkook! You can't go in there! It's not safe!" Jungkook ignores Taehyung and ran in with the police. Both had arrived after discovering Namjoon's mission. Detective O didn't notice and focused on getting Namjoon and Hansung back safely while catching the 2 kidnappers. Taehyung was held back by others from entering too. Some officers yelled at Jungkook to go back but he didn't listen.

Man 2 seemed to give up already since he didn't move at all or tried to run. He let the police cuff him without any force. Jungkook didn't pay too much attention to him until he says, "Make sure that baby grows up well. I enjoyed being with him." He had a fond expression which left Jungkook confused.

Apparently, the man had changed after spending some time with Hansung. He kept Hansung in good shape even though he didn't have to. Hansung was held for ransom but Man 2 couldn't resist his cuteness.

Jungkook leaves the group and heads in another direction, away from the police. He shouldn't be doing this because he had nothing to defend himself and nothing to attack the bad guy. Cautiously, he steps further into the building.

Detective O gave orders to the rest of the group and when everyone quickly went back to their work, he spots Jungkook at the end of the hall. "Damn it," he muttered as he chases after him.

~~

"Okay, okay. Calm down," Namjoon tells himself when Man 1's voice moved away. Knowing that Man 1 will find him soon, he looks around the room for anything that can help him. He notices something on the old wall. Quietly, he walked on his toes to the wall.

He sees lines, more like cracks and with his fingernails, he dug into the wall and pulled. Honestly, he doesn't even know what he's doing. His body is moving by itself and something is telling him that the wall is important.

Namjoon stares at the little space inside. It turns out that there is a secret door on the wall. If one didn't look carefully, they would have missed it. The door must've been used to store money or something in the past.

A sharp noise is heard and startled Namjoon. He needed to hurry.

Hansung was cooing at him again and even though it was adorable, Namjoon needed him to be silent. He reached in his pocket for something to distract the baby, anything. He pulled out a lollipop that was still wrapped. He unwraps it and hands it to Hansung. He takes it with his small hands and shoves it directly into his waiting mouth.

Namjoon smiles sadly and looks back into the space in the wall. It's big enough to fit Hansung. He kisses Hansung before placing him inside the wall. Hansung sneezes and looks back at Namjoon.

Namjoon didn't want Hansung to stay alone in the dark so he took out his phone that was still with him and went to a picture of Seokjin. He also placed the phone with Seokjin's picture on the screen next to Hansung. The said baby giggles at the sight of his dad. Namjoon realizes that his face was wet with tears. It was his fault that they're here right now in this abandoned building with a man that is hunting for them.

Namjoon hears Man 1's voice again, closer this time and realize that his time is up. He takes one last look at his nephew before closing the door.

The door was camouflaged and Hansung will be safe from Man 1. The police can find him if he doesn't make it.

"There you are."

Man 1 enters the room and Namjoon doesn't bother to run away.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin's P.O.V.

"No! What is he thinking?!" I shout. It's 2:30 a.m. and Taehyung had just informed me and Seokjin through the phone about Namjoon. I was furious. "He's risking his life! What if the people inside have weapons with them?"

Taehyung explains that the police are already inside and doing their best to find Namjoon and Hansung. That doesn't help the anxiety inside me. He's going to get hurt. I don't want Namjoon to get hurt.

"Jungkook went inside with the police too," Taehyung says, clearly frustrated. I gasp, "Why the hell would he go in?!" Seriously, Jungkook is smarter than that. 

Taehyung tells us everything he knows and ends the call. I groan and rolled back into Seokjin's mattress. Seokjin rolls next to me and sighs. We were both worried about Hansung, Namjoon, and Jungkook. I tried to shove the thought of any of them being hurt away but they keep coming back, especially Namjoon.

Seokjin sniffs. I turned to look at him. He shows no emotions but his eyes were glossy. I can't imagine what he has been through. I don't just mean Hansung. I meant everything from the very start. Seokjin is a very strong person.

He fell in love with Namjoon. His parents arranged an engagement for him and Namjoon. He couldn't be any happier. But the thing is that Namjoon loves me instead. Seokjin survived being humiliated by Namjoon, sleeping with Taehyung, and giving birth to Hansung. He didn't hate me for being with Namjoon, even though I was forced to. He respected my decisions even when he didn't really like them. I still hate myself for being able to love someone who had hurt people that are important to me.

I moved closer to Seokjin and wrap my arms around him. He's like an older brother to me. He's been so kind to me and has been a great friend. I hope he won't leave me.

"I'm going to leave Korea," he says out of nowhere. I jumped up. "What?" Seokjin sits up. He looks paler than usual. "I've been planning this for a while now. I'm moving to live with my parents in America," he drops unexpectedly. I fumbled to find words, "W-what about Hansung?!"

Seokjin fiddles with his fingers. "If Hansung won't come back, I'm going alone. If we find him, I'm taking him with me," he says clearly. I still don't understand. "Is Taehyung going too?" I ask. Seokjin shakes his head. I don't believe it. "You can't just take Hansung for yourself! Taehyung is also his father. You know how much he loves the both of you. If you leave with Hansung, Taehyung will kill himself," I said.

Really, I believe that Seokjin should just live with Taehyung so that they can raise Hansung together as a family. It's not right for Seokjin to separate Taehyung from his own son.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm sure he'll live and find someone else to love. He can even have another baby," Seokjin's voice was monotone. Why is he acting like this? I stood up from the bed. "No, I'm serious. He will try to kill himself. Seokjin, please think about it. You wouldn't want Hansung to grow up with only one parent, do you?" I reasoned. Seokjin seems to think for a while.

"I'm leaving," I said after a while. Seokjin is a good person but he needs time to rethink his cold decisions.

________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook's P.O.V.

"Jungkook!"

I turned back and saw Detective O hissing at me. "What are you doing here? Get out," he whispers. Not going to back down, I put my chin up and said, "Make me." Detective O was going to retort something but something interrupts us. 

"Aaaaaaaarghhh!!!"

Shivers ran down my spine so fast that it jumped. The scream seemed to yell 'death.' Detective O rushes to wherever the scream came from. I followed even though I wasn't suppose to. Detective O informed the others to go to the third floor through the radio.

Once we got to the top of the stairs, I look around and there were just so many doors. Since the rest of the police hadn't come up yet, Detective O didn't want to waste any more time and told me that we should split up to find Namjoon and Hansung. Since I don't have anything with me, Detective O hands me a gun to keep me safe. He shows me how to use it before we split up. My hands sweat with the gun in them.

"Jungkook! Kook-"

I froze. What the hell?! That-

That sounds like Namjoon! My pace sped up and I continue to look through the rooms. Each room looked identical to each other. Empty with litter and a small window that showed the dark sky. It was still very early in the morning.

The screams from before were still stuck in my mind and I sweat even more. My jaw is tired from clenching so much. My heart is pounding so loud that it feels like it might jump out of my chest.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung's P.O.V.

"Hurry up! My brothers and baby are still in there and you haven't done anything yet! Why the hell is it taking so long anyway??" I yelled to no one in particular. One of the other detectives tries to calm me down so that I wouldn't disturb the sleeping people in the neighborhood. They didn't want to create a bigger commotion. I had enough and start to spit fire everywhere, "I'll sue you if anything happens to my family!"

I was still stomping with the police still restraining me until a voice yells, "Taehyung! How are things doing right now?"

I growled before ripping myself away from the officers. Jimin stands in front of me with a concerned face. I roared out, "I DON'T ING KNOW-" Jimin punches me to shut me up. How unexpected. I coughed a couple times before regaining my posture.

Jimin never used violence before. "You need sleep. I know you've been working non-stop for the past few days," he pauses, "Go talk to Seokjin or something." I mumbled and few words about how I'm going to stay here until everyone comes out safely. Jimin pushes me towards my car that I came in with Jungkook.

"Go home Taehyung," Jimin tells me. I was going to leap at him from frustration but two police officers grabbed me and took me away. "No! My son is still in there! You can't make me leave!" I fought and fought until I started bawling like a baby. Then I out from exhaustion. I shouldn't have spent so much energy staying up all night, working all day, yelling, kicking, and pushing police officers.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Seokjin's P.O.V.

There were knocks on the door and I got up and trudged to the see who came. I was sleepy but couldn't get any sleep. A loud thump was heard on the door before I opened it.

Two officers had Taehyung with them, holding him up with their shoulders. "Ah, Mr. Kim, sorry for interrupting you but your husband wasn't feeling too well so we decided to bring him back to you. Also, check him for any injuries because he just hit the door with his head right before you opened the door. He may have hurt himself somewhere else too," the young man explained before I allowed them to come inside and place Taehyung on the couch.

I didn't bother telling them that Taehyung wasn't my husband. I was too tired to correct them. After they left, I locked the door and walked back to Taehyung. The room was cold so I the heater. I took off Taehyung's shoes then grabbed one of Hansung's large fuzzy blankets and covered his body.

I was going to leave but then remembered to check for injuries. I kneeled in front of Taehyung and brushed my hand through his hair. I felt no bumps on his head, thankfully. My hands traveled on its own to his face when I noticed the dark circles below his eyes. Rubbing my fingers there, I tried to sooth him from his troubles.

He winces when I accidentally pressed my elbow on his chest. I moved back before removing the blanket from his chest. Did he hurt himself there? Worried, I quickly lift his shirt up to examine him. I was confused when I found nothing; no bruise, no signs of any injuries. I felt his bare chest again and he groans again.

Is it his back? I took off his shirt completely to take a look at his back. Nothing was there too. I placed him back on his back and wondered where he was hurt. Then, his arm reaches out and pulls me to him. I quickly pulled back and escaped his grasp before anything happens. He has his eyes opened now and stares at me. 

I felt nervous and walked away. I only took three steps when Taehyung stopped me from going any further. "Seokjin." The way he said my name made my heart stop. "Look at me," he orders. I did what I was told and turned to face him.

He was sitting up and since I took off his shirt, his bare chest was exposed, making my face flushed. I didn't really pay attention to his body until now. "Come here." Another order.

As if I was possessed by him, I went closer to him until he takes my hand in his. I expected another command but Taehyung only pulls me again onto the couch with him. There wasn't a lot of space, so I ended up being partly on top of him.

"T-Tae..." I squeaked out embarrassingly loud. I was still blushing and his bare chest wouldn't let my eyes go. "Stop being so shy. I know that you like touching your husband," he teases even though he was tired. I smacked him lightly as my face burns even more, "Stop it. We're not married." He chuckles at my reaction before resting his hand on my head.

Soon, the light mood disappeared and we remember Hansung. "Why is it taking so long? It's not that hard to find Namjoon in that building right?" I ask. Taehyung my head and hums, "It's a huge building. It's old so they don't have a map or anything. They've split up and are covering every floor." I sighed against his neck.

"Don't worry. Hansung will be with us soon. We'll get a call when they find him," Taehyung says heavily. "Yeah," I replied back breathlessly.

'And then I'll take him away with me to America,' I thought to myself. Maybe Jimin is right. I should think more about it since Taehyung will be devastated if we leave him.

About a few minutes later, Taehyung carried me to the bedroom where it's more comfortable. My eyelids were getting heavier and before they dropped, Taehyung mumbled, "I love you."

I almost forgot that Taehyung and I weren't in a romantic relationship.

___________________________________________________________________________________

 Author's P.O.V.

"Jungkook! Kook-" Namjoon screamed for help but Man 1 kicks him hard. He couldn't make any other noise besides coughing. He and Man 1 had been struggling for a while. Man 1 had earned a big cut and a swollen cheek from Namjoon.

"Where are you hiding the baby?" Man 1 demands. Namjoon only chokes helplessly which earned him another hit to his face. He never felt so weak. He's always been strong and powerful, so what happened?

Man 1 looks around furiously for Hansung. He can still use the baby for various reasons. Hansung was still in the small space in the wall, carefully hidden. Namjoon thanked god for keeping Hansung quiet and still.

Man 1 still couldn't find Hansung so he yanked Namjoon up and smashes him against the wall.

"AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!"

~~

Jimin flinches.

He looks up at the building. He felt something from inside, or to be more specific, he felt Namjoon in pain. A bad feeling was settling in the pit of his stomach. "How much longer?" he asks the police officer next to him. He shrugs, "Hopefully in the next 5-10 minutes. If it's any longer than that, I don't think Namjoon and Hansung will make it out without any injuries."

Jimin bites his lips nervously. Jungkook is also still in there with Detective O too. He prays that nothing happens to any of them.

Jungkook's smile suddenly flashes in Jimin's mind and he shuts his eyes tightly. No, Jungkook will be fine. Jungkook will be okay. Jungkook will be safe.

He shivers not from the cold, but from the dark thoughts of his loved ones disappearing.

~~

Jungkook flinches.

He looks down the hall. He heard something from inside, or to be more specific, he heard Namjoon in pain. Fear was settling inside of him. "This is it," he whispers to himself. If he waits any longer, he won't see Namjoon again.

Jungkook his lips nervously. Detective O is in another hall. He wishes for everyone's safety.

Jimin's laugh echoed in Jungkook's mind and he covers his ears. No, Jimin will be fine. Jimin will be okay. Jimin will be happy.

He trembles not from fear, but from the bright images of Jimin's happiness with Namjoon.

~~

Seokjin woke up only after a few minutes of sleeping. Taehyung still has his arms around him as he snores lightly. He couldn't stand not knowing how things are going on right now so he calls Namjoon.

Of course, no one picks up. Seokjin tries again anyway.

~~

In the space inside the wall, Hansung has already fallen asleep due to boredom. Even his dad's irresistible face lost his interest. The lollipop was still in his hand and the phone that was propped next to him vibrates. The soft buzzing only made it more relaxing for the baby.

Seokjin was still calling.

~~

(Five Minutes Later)


*BANG!!!*

 

The sky was still a dark shade of blue and the sun still hasn't rise yet. The police officers crowded outside of the tall building were loud but weren't heard from the 3rd floor of the building. It was so quiet and still that only a ringing sound can be heard. The air stung like poison and slaps everyone with its cold presence.

Drip. Drip.

Gasping here. Panting from the other. The gun falls to the ground with a clack. Whimpering.

Jungkook stares in horror at what he had just done. Too late, too fast, too weak to go back in time.

Man 1 groans as he reaches over to touch his shoulder that is bleeding. A flesh wound was what Jungkook had caused. It was the first thing that came to his mind. Namjoon was hurt so he pointed and shot.

A muffled cry fills in the silence from the wall. Detective O slides into the room. "You shot?!" he yelled in panic mode. Immediately, he called for an ambulance as he pulls Man 1 out of the room. "Get Namjoon and Hansung out. NOW," he commands, not knowing that another person was also hurt. Jungkook snaps out of his trance and he trips as his feet tries to remember how to walk.

"H-hyung. You o-okay?" he stammers as he reached to touch his brother's injured face. "Y-yeah, just a small scratch," he says with a face spotted with bruises and stained with blood. Jungkook's hand trembles and it won't stop. Detective O had taken the gun with him when he left but Jungkook still felt its explosion in his hands from when he shot Man 1.

"W-wall. Open. Wall," Namjoon croaked out with his cut lip. Jungkook followed Namjoon's eyes toward a corner of the room. Namjoon points at the wall and Jungkook hears the crying again. Slowly, he approaches the wall and sees the light lines. He scratches until he was able to open it.

Hansung cries louder as Jungkook takes him out. Namjoon's breathing gets harder and Jungkook went back to him with Hansung.

"Namjoon, let's get out. I found Hansung. Hyung, are you okay? Can you get up?" he asks with concern. When Namjoon didn't reply, he knelt down next to his brother and rests his hand on his shoulder. "Where?" Jungkook asks, knowing that Namjoon must be hurt somewhere besides his face. Namjoon lifts his jacket a little and Jungkook took it off completely.

He gasps.

Namjoon's shirt was soaked with blood near his abdomen. Crimson colored Jungkook's hands when he touches the wound. 

"I'm sorry Jungkook," he pants out. Jungkook's eyes sting from the tears and he grits his teeth. "You can hate me but I wish that I've never hurt you. P-promise me something please," Namjoon requests. Jungkook gives a firm nod for him to continue and places Hansung down to put pressure on the wound in attempt to stop the bleeding.

Man 1 had a pocket knife with him and stabbed Namjoon at the same time Jungkook had shot him.

"Take care of everyone. Mother, father, Seokjin, Taehyung, Hansung, and especially Jimin. I know that he's still loves you. He's only confused and says that he loves me only because he cares about me. He loves me, but not in the same way that he loves you," a tear rolled from Namjoon's black eye.

Jungkook gazes at his wounded brother. He had hated him ever since he took Jimin away but Jimin was right. Namjoon did indeed have a side of him that Jungkook haven't seen much. He risked his life to came here undercover and hid Hansung so he wouldn't get taken again. He didn't even like Hansung at first too when he wasn't born yet.

The loud footsteps of several people (probably the police and doctors) pulled Jungkook's eyes away from Namjoon's. "Don't say that. You'll make it, you have to. Don't worry, you're going to the hospital soon. Just, NO! Don't close your eyes. Look at me, Hyung, look at me," Jungkook keeps Namjoon conscious. If Namjoon closes his eyes now, there's a chance that he won't open them ever again. His face pales and he loses more blood. The red substance seeps thickly through Jungkook's fingers and he yells for help to come faster.

Namjoon's breathing starts to fade away and his eyelids fluttered to try to stay awake but he doesn't know how much longer he can stay like this. His vision of Jungkook starts to get blurry and his voice was fading out.

All of a sudden, his sight flashes to when Mr. Jeon leaves him with baby Jeonkook. After that, he meets his father for the first time. He sees a twelve year old Seokjin smiling shyly at him. It's the first time they saw each other. Then, he sees the first time he saw Jimin crossing the street and Jungkook working at the restaurant. Lemon cakes pops up from when he ate them with Jimin before. The snow globe that Jimin broke cuts through his memory.

*CRASH*

He remembers the car accident. He remembers spending time with Jimin and then confessing at the beach, only to be turned down. Blackmailing Jimin, whipping Jungkook, then humiliating Seokjin at the party splashes into the picture too.

Taking Jimin and losing the restaurant blew up suddenly. Discovering that Taehyung and Jungkook were his brothers made him dizzy. Then he regrets his choices later on.

There's also that terrible night when everyone discovered everything and Seokjin was giving birth. Hansung cooed at him when he went to Seokjin's apartment. People taking Hansung for ransom.

Everything else pushed their way into his mind.

His life was flashing before his eyes in mere seconds.

 

 

...................................................

 

 

 


Darkness.