Please Return My Smile

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

Namjoon's P.O.V.

 

I took a deep breath. I'm in front of a fast food restaurant because I wanted junk food. It feels so nice to eat outside of the hospital. Being in the hospital for a week was so boring. People came to visit me everyday, but I wasn't that satisfied because a particular person hadn't visit me the last three days I was in the hospital.

 

I wanted to see Jimin. Why didn't he come visit? But that doesn't matter now. I'll just go see him today. I'm sure Jungkook won't mind if I spend some time with Jimin. A smile creeps its way to my lips as I think about being with Jimin.

 

The moment of peace and quiet shatters when two immature people walked to me.

 

"V! Stob it! It's mine! Not yours! Or the damn seagulls!" Seokjin's loud voice scares off a few seagulls. "Seokjin, the seagulls need food too and I'm still hungry," V said and steals more French fries from Seokjin. He throws the fries at the seagulls and ate one himself as Seokjin angrily picks up a small rock.

 

"Stop it or I'll throw this at them!" he yells and V freezes at the statement. "Woah, woah, woah. Seokjin, please calm down. There's no need to hurt anyone," V cautiously says and puts his hands up. "Namjoon," he whispers to me. "Get your pig to calm down."

 

Instead of helping, I only watch as Seokjin roars out in rage and starts to throw the small rocks at the seagulls and V. "I'm not a pig! You and your stupid seagull friends can go poop on each other and-"

 

*PLOP*

 

I choked on the air as I tried so hard not to laugh. V stares at Seokjin with fear. Even the seagulls came closer to see. Seokjin drops his fries and his hands went directly to his pink hair. And I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain what happened to Seokjin.

 

Seokjin's face turns redder then ever. He looks like he could kill someone. Probably V. Noticing his face, V shoos the seagulls away quickly.

 

"Go! Hurry! Go! Live! Life is precious!" V runs around and the seagulls flew away before Seokjin kills them. I notice Seokjin being quiet. The murderous look on his face was gone and replaced by an embarrassed one. I quickly open the car and grab a small red blanket. I place the blanket over his head, covering his hair that still has bird dump on it.

 

He looks at me before looking away bashfully. I hug him, "Hey, let's get you home so you can clean up." He buries his face in my chest and nods. I give V a look and he understands. He takes us home.

 

I'll go visit Jimin after Seokjin feels better.

 

(Two months later...)

 

"Mmmm...Namjoon, you're right. This place does have really good food," Jimin says and fills his mouth again. We've been going to different places to have fun. This time, I took him to a fancy restaurant where the food were made by famous chefs. I only smile back and drink my wine.

 

I realized that I love Jimin more than ever since that car accident incident. Seeing his face makes me forget my problems at hand. I know the things that he likes and he knows the things that I like. I want to ask him to be mine but there's two people in the way.

 

First, there's Jungkook. I can't be with Jimin if Jungkook is still with him. He's nice, but something or someone has to break them up in order for me to be happy with Jimin. But getting Jungkook out of the way isn't as difficult as the second problem.

 

Seokjin. How will I get Seokjin out of the way? I don't love Seokjin anymore. Did I ever loved him in the first place? Dealing with Seokjin is way harder because my parents really like him, he is obviously in love with me, and we were already engaged.

 

I finished the wine and focus back on my conversation with Jimin.

 

The lovely moment has to end when it was getting late and Jimin needs to leave. I offered to take him home but he already has a ride. I decided to wait with him until his ride comes. When it does come, I boiled inside. It was no one else other than Jeon Jungkook. "How sweet of him to come get you," I said politely but I was actually feeling bitter inside. "I know. That's why I love him so much," Jimin gazes dreamily at Jungkook as he comes out of his car. The boiling inside me only increases.

 

"Ready to go?" Jungkook asks Jimin but has his eyes on me. Jimin gives a cheerful "Yep!" before he thanks me and say goodbye, leaving with Jungkook.

 

I smiled back when I actually felt like throwing up at the sight of them being together. I kicked a pebble on the ground. Whatever. I'll get Jimin someday somehow....

 

_____________________________________________________

 

Jungkook's P.O.V.

 

I opened the door for Jimin as he gets in. When I was going to enter the driver's seat, I see Namjoon frowning at the ground and kick a pebble. 'What's up with him?' I think to myself.

 

While driving home, I kept thinking about Namjoon and Jimin. They have been going out a lot lately these last few weeks. By it's probably not that important.

 

"Jungkook, what are you thinking about?" Jimin asks as he comes closer to examine my face. He has more make up on today. I decided to tell him honestly, "I'm just thinking about you and Namjoon." I turn to look at Jimin's face. He sticks his lower lip out, "What about it?" I tell him that it's nothing. They're just friends. I don't want to misunderstand again like I did before.

 

It was my turn to sleep over at Jimin's house so I went inside with him. His grandma was out the city, which means that we have the house to ourselves.

 

I didn't have that much time to be with Jimin due to me having a longer shift and when I didnt work, Jimin is either with Namjoon, too tired, or the time just wasn't right. So I plan to just watch some movies with Jimin tonight.

 

"Jimin, can you come here? I wanna watch something and cuddle," I walk to him and kiss the top of his head. He smells different. "Hold on Kookie, I gotta take all this make up off first," Jimin walks off to the bathroom. I huffed, slightly annoyed and then flop onto the couch. I wait for Jimin.

 

(30 freaking minutes later.....)

 

I start to nod off. Waiting for Jimin took longer than I expected. Just when I was about to fall asleep, my head nods and I let out a loud snort, startling myself. I finally shake my sleepiness away and walk to the bathroom.

 

"Jimin, what's taking so long?" I look into the bathroom but it was empty. Eh? Where is he? Is he in his room? I was right as I head to the said room. The door was almost closed but light shone through the small crack. I look through the crack, careful to not make any noise.

 

Jimin was on his bed, talking and laughing while talking to someone on the phone. "That is so not true," Jimin chuckles lightly and rolls over onto his back. "......Namjoon, just because I like...." he continues to talk and it doesn't seem like their phone call will end soon. I rubbed my face with my hand and groaned silently. Fine, I guess no movie night then.

 

Frustrated, I walk back to the living room and slept on the couch instead of with Jimin. I felt cold. Not physically, but emotionally.

 

_________________________________________________

 

Jimin's P.O.V.

 

While talking with Namjoon (he called me soon after I got home), I enjoyed the moment we had with each other. Just as he was saying something, I gasp when I remember something.....well, someone. "Um, Namjoon, I'm so sorry but I forgot something important," I said hesitantly and he understands. We said goodnight to each other before I hang up.

 

Oh no oh no oh no........

 

"Jungkook!" I run into the living room. Hm? Where is he? I walk around the room until something stirs from the corner of my eye. "Kookie, what are you doing?" I giggled as I walked over to the couch where Jungkook is. He has a thick blue blanket covering his whole body. In one swift move, I pull the blanket off.

 

"I'm here! Oh...." my excitement dies out when I realize that he's sleeping soundly. But what about the movie? Oh well. I guess I should sleep too then. I couldn't get Jungkook to get up and move to my bed so I left him on the couch and went to bed.

 

As I think to myself, I wondered, 'Is Namjoon going to take me somewhere interesting tomorrow?' I felt excited and it took me a while to feel sleepy.

 

(The Next Evening)

 

"Jimin? Where are you going this time?" Jungkook comes down the stairs in nice clothes for his singing job as I was going to leave. "Oh, I didn't tell you? Namjoon is taking me to the beach since you're going to work again tonight," I said in a rush. I hear him sigh. "Okay then. Can I get a quick kiss before you leave?" he smirks and walks closer. I smiled and his lips touches mine. It's been quite a while since we went on a date.

 

*beep beep*

 

I pulled away and waved before rushing outside  where Namjoon's car is waiting.

 

~~

 

Namjoon and I shopped first at the small shops along the beach. It was beautiful to see the ocean. The water sparkles from the setting sun, making it more beautiful. After that, we ate another delicious dinner.

 

When we were done with the food, Namjoon suggests that we take a walk along the beach. It was getting dark, but I agree and followed him. Before we start walking, Namjoon tells me that he has a surprise and puts a blindfold on me. I felt excited, wondering what is coming up.

 

He holds my hand gently as he walks me to wherever he wanted me to go to. His hand feels very different compared to Jungkook's. Jungkook's hand felt safe and soft while Namjoon's felt rough and protective.

 

"We're here," he says and takes the blindfold off. I kept my eyes closed. "Jimin, open your eyes," he holds my shoulder. I slowly open them, revealing a beautiful scenery.

 

Around me were alluring red candles that formed a heart. Above me was a big tree with gorgeous and colorful lanterns hanging from them. It was now dark. The moon shone brightly and it's reflection was displayed on the surface of the sea. My breath was taken away.

 

"W-wow..." I said in amazement. "Namjoon, why did you set this up?" I turned around to face him but he wasn't there. "Namjoon?" He comes out from behind tree. I was so astonished that I didn't realize when he had gone behind the tree. In his hand was a red rose, making me more stunned.

 

"Jimin, I have something to confess," he says nervously. I stayed silent, freezing up at what is happening. "Ever since I met you, I felt so happy. I had someone I could feel super comfortable with and I've never felt like that towards anyone else," he pauses and looks down at the rose, twirling the flower in his hand. "This sounds really cheesy, but I think I really like you. I mean, I......I......" his voice starts wavering and I didn't know how to react. "I think I'm in love with you. Actually, I don't think I'm in love with you; I AM in love with you," he corrects himself and I couldn't breathe. He walks closer to me and hands the rose to me.

 

"May I ask how you feel about me?" he says shyly and I blushed. I've never seen Namjoon like this, so nervous and shy. Is this real? Please tell me that this is a dream.

 

"I-I," my voice squeaks and I blushed more in embarrassment. I cleared my throat and tried again, "Namjoon, I......I'm so sorry but I..." I didn't know how to explain this to him. "I can't return your feelings. I'm very sorry but I can't. I....you.....we have our own partners already. You love Seokjin and I love Jungkook. I will only love Jungkook. Again, I'm sorry," my voice cracks and I couldn't handle his face. The emotions on his face made me feel sick to the stomach. He looked as if he would break into a million pieces if I continue talking. So without another word, I turn around and ran as fast as I can, wanting to escape from this tension.

 

I didn't dare to look back; I was too afraid to see what Namjoon is like now. My body doesn't listen to my mind and I made the mistake of turning around.

 

Namjoon lit rose on fire from one of the red candles and punches the tree, causing some of the beautiful lanterns to fall and crash. He has one hand covering his mouth, probably to silence the sobs that were coming out.

 

I ran, got into the nearest taxi I could find, and head to somewhere else, anywhere else. I want to get as far as I can from Namjoon. I don't want to hurt him even more...

 

_________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note: Can anybody guess what song the title of this chapter came from? It seems pretty easy to me. But anyway, I'm so excited for the BTS comeback! The teasers for Spring Day was so beautiful and Not Today is going to be so lit, I can already tell. If I don't update soon, it's probably because I had died from WINGS: You Never Walk Alone along with many beloved A.R.M.Y.(s?).