Let Me Know

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

Author's P.O.V.

 

V and Jungkook were hanging out again since there's no work that day. Well, the true reason why V met up with Jungkook was to give him a small apology and warning.

 

~~

 

"Jungkook," V starts and Jungkook hums while taking a sip of his drink. "If I know about something important to you, should I tell you about it?" he asks randomly. "Duh!" Jungkook exasperated. V fiddles with his fingers.

 

As many people can predict, V knows about Namjoon and Jimin already. He knew from the start but he didn't tell anyone and nobody else knew until Seokjin heard them together. But being the person that Seokjin is, he'll probably act like there is nothing happening between them even if he sees them kiss with his own eyes. He'll force himself to believe that Namjoon loves him no matter what. But the true person who belongs with Seokjin is obviously V-oops, we're getting off topic here. We were suppose to talk about what is coming in Jungkook's path, not V's.

 

"Okay, I can't tell you what is happening, but it'll affect you a lot. I'm sorry that I can't tell you but I just want you to be careful and make sure not to hurt yourself in the near future," V explains. Actually, V could have gone right ahead and told Jungkook that his boyfriend is being blackmailed (basically) by his boss and that they (Jimin and Namjoon) are now currently together while they (V and Jungkook) are sitting here doing nothing about it. It's not V's fault though. He has his own plans too. He needs Namjoon and Jimin to be together in order for his plan to work. But this doesn't need to be discussed right now.

 

"What do you mean? V, stop biting your nails and tell me!" Jungkook demands to know. V looks away nervously. "Like I said, I won't tell you. You'll find out anyway," he confirms. When Jungkook couldn't squeeze out any other words from V, he stops and start to think deeper about it.

 

"Are you talking about my family?" he guesses but was only met with V staring at him silently. "V hyung! Is it about my family?" he repeats. "No, it's your boy- I mean, nothing," V shuts his mouth again after almost spilling it. Jungkook didn't really hear what he said so he gave up.

 

"Fine, whatever. I guess I'll find out some other way," Jungkook mumbles. V felt bad so he decided to give Jungkook a little clue. "Nammin or Minjoon," was all he said before leaving.

 

Jungkook was left confused out of his mind.

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

Jimin's P.O.V.

 

I can't believe that it's been three weeks already. I've gone on several dates with Namjoon but I can never feel 100% comfortable because of the thought of getting caught by someone who knows me or Jungkook. To be honest though, the dates weren't completely bad. Some of them were pretty good recommendations and I'd love to bring Jungkook with me to them soon of I could.

 

Namjoon feeds me popcorn while we were in the theater. I swallowed them dryly and tried to focus on the movie that was playing. I got bored and ended up staring at all of the couples in front of us. I'm so envious of them. The couples ranged from different age groups, which made it even cuter. I really liked the middle aged couple with two men with black and orange hair. Wait, what?

 

I sat up and leaned forward to get a better look at them. They were sitting a few rows ahead in the left seats. Since I sat in the middle seats, I turned to the left. Trying my best not to look suspicious, I squint at them because the room was dark. Oh god.

 

Jungkook's parents. I immediately leaned back in my seat and put my hood on to hide my hair because people can easily recognize me by that. But then to make things even more complicated, I realize that I was wearing a jacket with Jungkook's name on the back. Namjoon hated the jacket at first sight but allowed me to wear it just this one time. I take the jacket off so that Mr. Jung and Mr. Min can't see Jungkook's name and folded it neatly in my lap.

 

"Hey, can I wear your jacket?" I whispered into Namjoon's ear, careful to not disturb anyone by us. He asks why I needed his when I had my "special" one. I scoffed, "I don't want to wear it right now because people might see the name on it."

 

I guess he took it the wrong way because he smiled fondly at me before taking his jacket off and giving it to me. God damn it. Now he thinks that I want to wear his jacket because I'm opening myself up to the "relationship" or something. I didn't bother to clarify as I put the jacket on and hid myself again.

 

~~

 

When the movie ends, I got us out of the room quickly to decrease the chances of bumping into Mr. Jung and Mr. Min. When we got out, Namjoon was a bit flustered by the state that I was in. He asks where my jacket was and I felt like killing myself. How can I forget it?!

 

I told Namjon to wait for me as I went back to retrieve my jacket. I was aware of the people around me as I bend down to pick up my jacket. Mr. Jung and Mr. Min were still picking up all of their trash since they bought so much food. 'Please don't notice me please don't notice me please don't notice me,' I chant in my head as I turn to leave.

 

"Hey! Wait! I didn't know you were here too! Yoongi, look!" Mr. Jung's loud and cheerful voice glued my feet to the ground. I wasn't careful enough. I have five seconds to make up an excuse to why I'm here. Do I tell them that I'm here with Jungkook? But then it'll make zero sense. Do I tell them that I'm Jimin's twin brother? But then they know that I'm an only child!!! With no excuse after the five seconds, I turn around slowly...

 

"Ah, it's been a long time since we met you," Mr. Min says. I ran out in embarrassment because I felt like such an idiot. They didn't see me and were talking to another person; perhaps an old friend. But at the same time, I felt relieved.

 

I gasped when a hand holds my arms. "Namjoon! You scared me," I exclaimed as he looks at me oddly. I totally forgot about him because I was so worried. I don't blame for being weirded out. I've been acting strange due to Jungkook's parents. He doesn't bother me with questions and leads me out, holding my hand firmly.

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

Seokjin's P.O.V.

 

It's been several days since I last saw V. After the confession, I avoided him completely, and it was so obvious that even Namjoon pointed it out. Since he didn't know about the confession, he told me to go make up with V and be friends again because V doesn't need to be avoided. But I ignored what he said.

 

So here I am, hiding behind several plants and stuff while V searches for me. Currently, I am hiding behind the bonsai trees (really Seokjin you could have done better). Since the said trees were so little, I decided to change spot when V looked in another direction. An idea that I will later regret pops up. I can hide in the labyrinth (or maze)!

 

The labyrinth wasn't too big or small so if V comes in, I can find my way out faster and slow him down a little. At least that's what I think will happen.

 

I rolled from the bonsai trees to the labyrinth when I'm sure V can't see me. When I was halfway there, my feet hits a stupid pail, causing a loud sound to be heard. I froze and hoped that V didn't see me.

 

Of course he saw me.

 

He stared down at me as I stayed on the ground dumbly. We stayed still for a few awkward seconds.

 

Then, I continue rolling as fast as I could into the labyrinth, got up on my two feet like a normal person, and ran further into the maze as if my life depended on it. V shouts and I can hear him chasing me from behind.

 

Remember how I said that coming in here would make it easier for me and that it'll slow V down? I regret saying all of that because now I'm lost in labyrinth. I also lost V and I'm pretty sure that he is also stuck. I can't see him, but I can hear him crystal clear.

 

I got scared when 30 minutes had already past. I'm still stuck and V was still here. When I ran into another dead end, I yelled in agony and sat down. Why did I make such a dumb decision? I was catching my breath and had my eyes closed. Hey, how come I don't hear V anymore? It's quiet now and he's not calling out my name anymore.

 

"Found you~" V smirks as he blocks my way. I remember that I was at a dead end. As V got closer, another dumb idea strikes me. I turned and forced the bushes open to make enough space for me to go through. I did that at a very fast pace until I got out.

 

If this was a real race or game, I would've been disqualified for cheating because I forced my way out of the maze made of bushes. I almost broke 2 doors when I yanked them open while entering the mansion. I finally got to my room, slammed the door shut, and looked out the window. I gasped.

 

I ruined mother's labyrinth! The bushes had ugly gaps in them due to me pushing through them. Wait, where is V?

 

"Hi, princess," a deep voice says and I screamed. He stood behind me, panting. I can't believe that he's hasn't given up after almost an hour already. I screamed louder, "HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE?!" He gulps in another mouthful of air before talking. "The door wasn't locked," he states.

 

"Now tell me why you're avoiding me," he pants out since he is also still out of breath. When I calmed my nerves down, I sat on my bed. Even he knows that I've been avoiding him. "I just don't like how you see me," I whispered. He clenched his fists. "Still, you shouldn't have avoided me like that. Imagine that the person you're crazy about refuses to accept your love and then avoids you like the plague for over two weeks. That's what I'm feeling right now and I am trying so hard to stay strong," his voice quiets down at the last part. I remained quiet.

 

"Well, since you're going to continue being like this, I'm going to leave now. I only came up to check up on you since you got scratches from the bushes. But you seem fine, so bye," he says and then turns to leave. I didn't stop him at all.

 

When I hear his car leaving, I went to the kitchen to distract myself. On the counter was a bag. Curious, I walked to the bag and opened it.

 

'To: Seokjin

From: V

 

Enjoy <3'

 

I gasped sharply after reading the very short note. A sharp pain was felt in my chest. The little note didn't say much but I may have lost a very good friend forever.

 

V brought me chocolates, strawberry cake, a tub of ice cream (that hasn't melted yet), and his lavender colored lantern from the beach.

 

___________________________________________________________

 

Jungkook's P.O.V.

 

I was lazing around at home with nothing to do. Dad and appa weren't home yet and I felt super lazy. I was sprawled out on the ground in the middle of the living room, staring at the blank ceiling.

 

*ring ring*

 

I put my phone on speaker. "Hi, Jimin," I sung out happily. I hear him shuffling and clearing his throat. "Jungkook," he says and I wondered what made him sound so different. He doesn't sound like his usual cheerful self. "What is it, Chimchim?" I ask while smiling even though he won't be able to see it. He pauses before continuing.

 

"I miss you," he says and sniffed. I sat up from where I am and tried to think of something to prevent him from crying. "A-ah, Jimin, don't cry please! You know I don't like it when you cry. It's okay, I'll come see you tomorrow if I can okay?" I did my best to cheer him up before he starts to sob.

 

I bring up another topic to change the mood. When dad and appa came back home, I moved to my room where we can talk with more privacy. Everything was good until he brought up something that I couldn't really decipher.

 

"Jungkook, if I did something that I shouldn't have done, should I tell you?" he asks carefully. "Duh," I replied back jokingly but he didn't seem to notice it much. He stayed quiet like he's thinking hard about what to say next. "Jungkook, I'm sorry if I hurt you in the future. If you ever get hurt by me or anyone else, promise me that you'll stay strong and safe," he said with a sad tone.

 

"Jimin, why are you saying this? Is there something I should know?" I asked. I felt like I had a similar conversation earlier. "I can't tell you. You'll figure it out soon anyway," he said and that made me annoyed.

 

It's almost just like that conversation I had with V! What's going on? I was going to ask for more information but Jimin felt tired so we had to say goodbye.

 

"Bye," I said and waved a little even if he can't see it. I can't know about something apparently.

 

Since no one is going to tell me, I guess I might as well just find out when the time comes.