Dark...Bright...Dark...

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

Author's P.O.V.

Beep....Beep.....Beep....

The heart rate monitor was the only thing that fills the silent room. Four people were also in the room but that's pretty much it. None of them wanted to talk in this gloomy atmosphere that was brought by the unconscious person in the bed. Each person stayed in their corner, avoiding any eye contact and conversations. It's kind of hard to believe since they all use to be so happy together.

Mrs. Kim continues to dig in her bag to make it seem like she's busy with something. Her husband was in corner 2 and looked like he has a migraine. Sitting in corner 3 was Jimin who blew his nose every once in a while from the crying a while ago. Finally, in the last corner, Jungkook stood next to the window that shows tall buildings with a lot of people. He's been staring at the sky for a couple of minutes now. The normal sky has never been this interesting to him before.

Namjoon rests in the plain bed once again. The last time he was being treated at the hospital was from the car accident which was a faded memory. He had lost a lot of blood and the wound was huge. The doctors said that it was a 50/50 chance so he might wake up or stay sleeping for eternity.

Hoseok had called Jungkook a few times since he had been out for hours. They were worried and clueless but Jungkook didn't feel like telling them yet. He only texted back that he'll be home soon before turning his phone off again. 

Jungkook didn't know how to react right now. Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim got into a heated argument when they both had arrived because Mr. Kim blamed Mrs. Kim for Namjoon's state. The yelling had startled Jimin from his small nap. Jungkook tried to settle things down and that's how they ended up in their corners.

Taehyung should be here soon. Right now, he and Seokjin were still getting Hansung checked up for anything that could be harmful: cuts, infections, etc. Of course the pair were happy and relieved once they saw their baby again but half of it went down the drain when they heard about Namjoon.

Man 1 and Man 2 were arrested along with this Dr. Wolfson, the person in charge. That doesn't really make things feel better though. Everyone was still scared that they'll lose Namjoon.

"We're here," Taehyung announced as he looks into the room with Seokjin and Hansung. Thankfully, Man 1 didn't lie and did took care of Hansung. Everyone looked at them at the same time before turning back to whatever they were doing. Taehyung takes Seokjin's arm and they make their way into the room. 

Seokjin went over to Jimin while Taehyung walked to Jungkook with Hansung in his arms. Immediately, Seokjin comforts Jimin and warms him up. "Hey. You're not blaming yourself right?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook shakes his head. He's not going to blame himself for Namjoon's state because Detective O said that it'll be bad for him to think like that. Taehyung nods with a small "Good," before sitting in the chair close by to adjust Hansung's clothes.

Jungkook knows that Taehyung is worried about him and he's glad that he has a brother like him.

Hansung burps and vomits all over Taehyung since he had just had a bottle not too long ago. Seokjin and Mrs. Kim got up to help. Mrs. Kim offers to change Hansung into new clothes so Seokjin hands her a bag full of clothes, formula, diapers, and other things before he takes Taehyung to the restroom.

The room became a bit stuffy so Jungkook went out to the parking garage. As he walked there, he hears footsteps following him and when he saw that it was Jimin, he didn't care much. Jimin followed him into the parking garage and Jungkook felt slightly irritated. He stops and Jimin stopped too. When he takes a step, Jimin did the same. "Can I help you?" Jungkook asks before turning around.

Jimin opened his mouth to say something but he stops himself and says something else. "Nevermind. You don't look like you're feeling well so I'll just ask later," he says and steps backwards. Jungkook raises his eyebrow and this time, he follows Jimin. "No, tell me. I'm curious now. Jimin, come on, tell me," he demands. They walked into the elevator with no one else inside.

"Okay, okay. I just...you were with Namjoon before he lost consciousness right?" said Jimin. Jungkook nods slowly, wondering what Jimin could be thinking about. "Did he say anything?"

Jungkook tilts his head at the question. Why did he want to know? "He told me to take care of everyone," replied Jungkook. Jimin didn't seem to be satisfied with the answer. "Is that it?" he asks. Jungkook remembers how Namjoon had told him that Jimin is still in love with him. "No," he said before the elevator dings and a group of high schoolers came in. Jimin gets trapped in the corner and Jungkook swiftly exits before Jimin can push him to say more. Jungkook doesn't want Jimin to think that Namjoon didn't love him. Yes, Namjoon did love him but he wanted him to return to Jungkook, his true soulmate.

Jungkook isn't so sure of having Jimin as his boyfriend again.

The two had drifted away for so long that it won't feel the same anymore...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung's P.O.V.

"Tae, stay still. It's hard to clean you up when you're squirming around like that," Seokjin says as he wipes the baby vomit off my shirt. I listen to him and stayed still until he finishes. He washes his hands and I stare at him dreamily. How can he be so handsome and beautiful all the time?

I use to think that pink hair was ugly because it'd be too bright but Seokjin changed everything. His hair was pink, but it's a soft pink that made me want to run my hands through every strand. Seokjin is cute and I will always cherish him.

His reflection in the mirror still had me captivated. How long has it been since I've felt those lips? Before I could stop myself, I walked behind Seokjin. He must have noticed the look on my face and moved away. "Let's go," he said shortly and walked out. I sighed before following him.

As we walk down the hospital hall to Namjoon's room, I tried to hold Seokjin's hand. He shoves his hand in his pocket awkwardly when my hand brushes his. The sudden behavior made me feel unsure of something. But I let it go when we were met with Hansung's face.

Speaking of Hansung, all of the weight on my shoulders were lifted off when Seokjin and I found out that he's back. I could breathe again and felt more active. But then Namjoon had to go to the hospital.

It made me wonder why Namjoon would protect Hansung like that. Even though it seemed really unexpected, I'd have to thank him later for helping my son.

When Jungkook came back, I tell him this and he only looks back at me with round eyes.

"But Hyung, he might not wake up," he reminds me. I slap his arm with a smile and he looked at me like I'm crazy. "What are you talking about? Of course he'll wake up. It's Namjoon," I said confidently.

After a while, Jungkook looked very down. I didn't know if it was because of Namjoon or Jimin. Probably both. I took a guess anyway, "Jimin?" He nods. "Kind of," he mumbles as he pokes his tongue against the inside of his cheek. Knowing that he needed someone to talk to, I took him outside.

~~

"What am I suppose to do? If what Namjoon said is true, how am I suppose to approach Jimin? Even if we get together again, things won't be the same. I missed our past relationship," Jungkook kicks a pebble. For now, I'm only lending an ear until he's done talking.

"Jimin has changed. I have changed. The world is gonna change. Can I just not be involved in his life anymore? Maybe I really should just disappear from his life to make things easier," he finishes off with sighing. The blue sky doesn't match Jungkook's blue emotions at all. Both are blue but had different meanings.

In my opinion, his idea about "disappearing from Jimin's life to make things easier" was ridiculous and unnecessary. Just as I open my mouth to state this opinion, a faded voices were heard and then a scream that scared a few birds away.

"What was that?" I said. Jungkook halted and so did I. He puts a finger to his mouth, telling me to be quiet. He concentrates and then faint sobbing was heard. My mind (and face) was blank as I was trying to understand what Jungkook was doing. He stayed so still that I was actually starting to think that he's becoming a statue.

One thing that Jungkook has is very good hearing. He has a good ear that can hear well and he can sometimes identify who he was hearing. Sometimes.

"Aah!!" I shouted, startled when the statue (Jungkook) suddenly grabs my arm at the speed of light. "Hyung! It-I-is-help!" he stutters. I frowned. "What?!"

Jungkook releases my arm and moves around, trying to track where the sobbing was coming from. "Taehyung! It's Jimin! I know the voice! He needs help!" he yells frantically. I didn't think it was that serious at first. "Helping Jimin? I thought you wanted to disappear from his life," I tried to tease.

Jungkook runs off, ignoring me. "H-hey! I was kidding! Jungkook! Jungkook! Jungkook! Jung-oh what the hell," I muttered and ran after him. What if the crying person is Jimin?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook's P.O.V.

Taehyung calls after me but I ran off, leaving to find where Jimin was. He was with me not too long ago. I'm sure I had him by my side.....until I left him in the elevator. Oh no...

Taehyung catches up with me and we run next to each other, almost in sync. "Where are we going?" he asks, now being serious instead of silly. I kept my eyes forward. 

"Wherever Jimin is."

It didn't take long for me to follow the voice into the woods. Taehyung grunts when a branch scratches his face but it didn't bother him much. I tripped over a few roots but it wasn't hard enough to make me fall.

"Jungkook, there!" Taehyung says and points to the left. I followed his finger and saw movements from afar. We jumped over logs, bushes, etc. until a group of teenagers came to view. They hover over a person.

A group of teenagers? Weren't they the group of friends that entered the elevator just as I exited? I recognize one of the boys and confirmed that I did saw them in the elevator.

What are they doing? Hey, it's Jimin that they're hovering over. All four of them had their hands on Jimin and took his jacket off. 

"Get off, you little twits!" Jimin yells out.

The voice causes me to jump over and push the younger boys away. They seemed surprised by me and Taehyung. Jimin was sprawled on the earth with his ripped jacket. He had a look of fear in his eyes and that made me turn to glare at the boys.

"Which one of you guys hurt him?" I ask, burning holes into their souls. They looked at each other with confusion, giving me no answer. When I looked back to Jimin, I see him shivering with his face covered as Taehyung tries to talk to him. Angered by the sight, I didn't say any more and walked over to the 4 boys, making them shrink from my frightening face.

~~

"I.....I am SO sorry," I apologized again. I bow down and apologized over and over. I haven't felt this embarrassed in so long.

They boys that I had beat and punched huffed in annoyance but understood anyway. Their faces were swollen and I promised to pay them back. One of them finally spoke out, "Fine. It's alright I guess. It's your boyfriend after all."

Jimin chokes when they said that. I cringed as I remember the whole thing again:

After seeing Jimin with the boys "touching" him, I went all out and fought with them. Well, they were too confused to fight back. Anyway, Taehyung stops me and told me that I jumped to conclusions too fast.

He explains that when I left the elevator, Jimin kind of became friends with the boys who were cousins visiting their grandpa together. They went outside to cheer Jimin up after hearing about Namjoon. Jimin appreciated it and they walked into the small woods by the hospital.

Everything was all good until they walked into spider webs. It wasn't the spiders that Jimin was scared of. It was all the dead flys, moths, and butterflies that were wrapped up in the webs. It disgusted him and he had walked right into a huge patch of them.

He screamed in disgust and the boys only tried to help him. They had to stop Jimin from running around and pushed him to the ground. Their hands were on him to prevent him from moving too much. Jimin's jacket was covered with the dead things so they ripped it off. I came and thought that they were ually harassing him.

Which led to me hurting the innocent boys.

Well that's what happened and I felt so bad. They accepted my apology but I felt that it wasn't enough. "I can give you money," I offered. They didn't want money.

Instead, the 4 boys made me buy them 5 boxes of pizza. One for each of them and one for Taehyung, me, and my "boyfriend." Taehyung giggles at Jimin's face.

The sad feeling that we had disappeared for a short while. Only for a bit...

__________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin's P.O.V.

After receiving our box of pizza, we said goodbye to my new and younger friends before heading back into the hospital. I glance at Jungkook and he smiled happily with the pizza boy in his arms. Taehyung walks between us and laughs at how funny Jungkook was for overreacting.

A small blush creeps up to my cheeks. Jungkook came to save me...even though I wasn't in any harm or anything. It still makes my heart flutter to know that he still wants to help me even after everything that has happened in the past.

~~

We didn't even reach the room yet and Seokjin scares us when he suddenly jumped out into the hallway, sniffing like a dog. He stops when he sees the pizza box. "I smell food," he says excitedly.

The pizza was shared with everyone in the room. We sit around Namjoon and munched. His parents sat on each side of him. Jungkook and I sat on Mrs. Kim's side while Taehyung, Seokjin, and Hansung sat on Mr. Kim's side.

The gloomy atmosphere from before was lifted and more positivity settles in. Even the sun was shining brighter than it had before, lighting up the room.

I smiled fondly at the cute trio across from me. Taehyung was feeding Seokjin pizza while Seokjin was feeding Hansung. People would already assume that they're a happily married couple with a beautiful baby. But Seokjin keeps refusing to be official with Taehyung which drives me insane.

I'd bring this up all the time when I'm over at Seokjin's place but he'll bring up my relationship with Namjoon and Jungkook. I'd annoy him with my opinion and he'll annoy me with his opinion. I'll be telling him the truth and the sad thing is that he'd be telling me the truth too...that I should choose another person instead of Namjoon, for my own good.

Jungkook sighs as he leans back, finished with his slice of pizza. Maybe I should thank him.

"Thanks," I said. His eyes moved from the ceiling to me. "For what?" he asks. His mouth was hanging open and our interaction from the parking garage seemed like it had never happened.

"For buying pizza," I answered with a small smile. Maybe we should be nicer to each other to make things less messy. "And coming to help me even though it was nothing," I added, making Jungkook groan. "Please, don't bring it up again. It's embarrassing," he hides his face with his hands. I chuckled a little. But he mumbles a 'You're welcome' anyway.

I felt someone staring at me and when my eyes met Seokjin's, he winks at me playfully with a small thumbs up. I made an expression to tell him to stop before anyone else sees us communicating secretly. He bites his laugh back and asks Taehyung to feed him more pizza.

Seeing the two together made me feel sad and happy.

I really do hope that Seokjin will chose to stay...

_________________________________________________________________________________

(It's night time already)

Seokjin's P.O.V.

*snort*

My snort scared me awake and I sat back up in the couch. Still having to make plans, I rubbed my eyes before going back to my laptop. Houses, jobs, stores, mmm.........

I was tapping non-stop until noise came from the baby monitor next to me. Talking was coming out from the monitor. Hansung's probably talking to himself. Huh? Wait, Hansung can't talk. A man's hushed voice was heard.

I froze and stared at the monitor. Whispering can be heard and Hansung was trying to communicate with the whispering person. Panicked, I looked at the door, which was locked. Who's with Hansung? Is it another kidnapper?

I skid into the kitchen and took out a knife. I examined the sharp kitchen knife before placing it back. No, a knife won't be necessary. Instead, I take out my biggest pan and walk to the bedroom. The room was dark and I see a man's shadow by Hansung's bassinet.

Taehyung. I need to call Taehyung. I take out my phone and called him....but he didn't pick up. Since he's not answering, I decided to go in myself. No one's taking my baby again.

I run over as fast as I can and swung with enough force to knock someone down.

*Thud*

The body falls to the ground with a groan. I run back to turn on the light but when I turned back, the body was gone. "What the?" I look around. Hansung was still in his bassinet looking at me. I picked him up quickly and secured him in my arms.

I don't know who's in my home but I'm getting out of here.

I grabbed my car keys and phone before making my way to the door with the pan. I only made it to the living room when a big hand grabs me back into the bedroom. I kicked and Hansung cries from the struggle.

I got pushed into my bed and when I looked back, I gasp.

"Why did you do that?" Taehyung groans as he rubs his head with a pained expression. I didn't move at all, too frightened to say anything. Hansung tries to wriggle out of my grasp.

"T-there's someone here. I-I hit him with the pan," I stammered out. Taehyung stares at me in disbelief. "That was ME that you hit," he said louder than usual with a hint of annoyance. Taehyung picks Hansung up and places him back in his bed.

Taehyung grumbles and I look over my shoulder. His blond hair is messier than usual and his eyebrows were scrunched together.

"How did you get here?" I ask. Again, Taehyung looked at me like I'm crazy. "You gave me the key and said that I could come tonight!" he exclaims. I gawk at him for a moment before I facepalm myself.

Yes, I did give him the key a few weeks ago and told him that he's welcomed at any time. How can I even forget?

"Sorry," I look back at him. He still looked pained so I let him sleep in my bed. I tucked him in like a child and his head again. I asked him how he disappeared after I had hit him. He tells me that he didn't actually pass out, he fell and rolled under the bed before I saw him. I rolled my eyes at his weird choice of actions. But I apologized again anyway.

"It's okay. This is one thing that made me love you more," he says sincerely, making me sweat. "You care about others so much, like Hansung. You were only trying to protect him," he adds. I fiddle around with my fingers. He still gazes at me and say, "Also, you let me see Hansung everytime I wanted to even though you might not want to see me."

My fingers itch and I want to dig them into my thighs. Tears want to prick my eyes and my voice tries to escape from my zipped lips to tell Taehyung that I may be moving with the baby.

But I still have time to be sure of myself so I calm myself down and put on a smile. "Yeah," was all I whispered out. Taehyung insists that we sleep together in the bed but I still needed to work on my laptop. "Just do it later," he whines and tugs me to him. 

I dealt with him until he falls asleep before walking back to the couch and opening the laptop.

*tap tap tap...*

_________________________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

(One Day Later)

Slowly, Jungkook takes one step at a time through the hallways of the hospital. Patients in hospital gowns walk past every once in a while. He doesn't want to see him, not yet. He's not ready. Not today. Or any other day.

His face dried out of the salty droplets from his eyes so nothing comes out of them even if he felt sadness. He knows what sight will be awaiting for him when he arrives. But he doesn't want to arrive; doesn't want to see the sight. His fingers trembled and the tips were cold. Jungkook's dry lips and the goosebumps on his arms doesn't bother him in any way.

 He gets closer and closer, becoming more rigid and tense. Why must this happen? If time could go back, Jungkook would do anything to change the outcomes.

With the door only a few feet away, he holds his breath before diving in...

He's met with his weeping mother and sobbing step father that were huddled close to each other. He tries to avoid the main person but he knows that he won't be able to do that for long. Hatred, anger, and revolt was what he felt towards the man but a huge part of his heart screams out "LOVE."

His brother's pale face and lifeless body comes into view and he chokes back a sob. It hurts to cry so he refuses to do so. It's not like he has a choice anyway; he's already ran out of tears.

Mrs. Kim pulls back when she sees Jungkook and he rushes to her side for warmth. They both held each other and Jungkook let out his current emotions into his mother's shoulder. His eyes suddenly had a refill so he's now soaking his mother's shirt with his tears. He can't hold it back.

~~

Namjoon's face was turning whiter but he has a peaceful face. Jungkook couldn't look at him for more then 5 seconds or he'll burst again. He's still not sure why he's feeling like this towards Namjoon. Maybe it's because he's been misjudged this whole time.

Mr. Kim tells Jungkook that Jimin had came in earlier and left a few minutes before he arrived. Jungkook doesn't ask how he reacted. He thinks that Jimin's probably crying with his face buried in his pillow. He can already picture Jimin's grandma knocking on the door and asking Jimin to tell her what's wrong.

But he thought wrong.

Jimin cried like everybody else did when they saw Namjoon. He leans over him and pecks him softly on his cheek while caressing his face before rushing out and heading home already. Being there was painful.

When he entered his room, he locks the door even though his grandma scolds him for doing so and grabs his speakers. He closed the blinds and blasts the music before tucking himself in bed to sleep even though it's almost noon. He hiccups as he tries to sleep and hugs his pillow tight.

~~

After a while, Jimin's grandma came up to check on him since lunch was ready. But the door was locked and loud music was played inside the room. Jimin's grandma knocks a couple of times before it became pounding. Jimin has always kept his door unlocked and whenever he does lock it, he'll open it whenever his grandma knocks.

This worries his grandma as she doesn't have a key to unlock the door. She calls out Jimin's name but no response came back. The music was too loud or something happened to Jimin.

His grandma was not aware of Namjoon's death and forgot the phone numbers of Jimin's friends except for one number. She scrambles for the home phone and dialed.

"Hello?" Jungkook's voice was hoarse and unhappy, which Jimin's grandma found surprising since the young man had always seemed happy and smiled a lot. She tells Jungkook to please come over to see if Jimin is okay since he won't answer her.

This also worries Jungkook so he leaves his family to drive to Jimin's house. Again, this is very strange for Jimin to be like this. Yes, it's because of Namjoon's passing but Jimin would have likely let his grandma comfort him like always.

When he arrives at the nice house, he hesitates before knocking twice on the front door. Shortly after, he was brought inside and led up to Jimin's door. Now Jungkook understands what Jimin's grandma meant.

He assures Jimin's grandma that everything will be fine and tells her to rest. She trusts Jungkook since she's known him for years. After she retreats downstairs, Jungkook stares at the plain brown door in front of him. His breath was shaking as he tries to think of what to say and his fist lands on the door before knocking softly.

"Jimin-ah. It's Jungkook."

___________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: I'm sorry for the boring update. I guess this is kinda like a filler chapter. I just don't really want to rush things. And I'm also sorry for being late. I try to update at least once a week but it might change because of some turn of events but I don't know. I might update again this week or maybe next week. Idk.