Don't Go

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

Author's P.O.V.

Finally, the dreadful day was over. Almost. Unlike the sad event, the sun shone brightly and the sky is decorated with fluffy clouds that resembles everything that one can think of. People slowly walk back into their cars respectfully and left one by one until only a few cars are left.

Jimin takes one last glance at where Namjoon has been buried before Seokjin pats his back gently for him to enter the car. He sits next to the window and never looks back. 'Namjoon's just in another place now,' he remembers in his head.

'Namjoon is now safe.'

'Namjoon is now safe.'

"Namjoon is now safe," he recalls Jungkook's words.

*Flashback*

"Jimin-ah. It's Jungkook."

He recalls the soft knocking on his bedroom door and Jungkook's muffled voice. The loud music was blaring but he can hear Jungkook's voice anyway. Leaning over to turn the music down, he sighs and walks over to the door. Instead of turning the doorknob and opening the door, he slides down on the door and sits with his back pressed against the hard wood.

On the other side of the door, Jungkook has his ears pressed on the door to make out any noises that Jimin could be making. He did the same action that Jimin did and sat down with his back on the door too. If the door wasn't in between them, they'd be sitting back to back.

They just sat there without saying anything. Jimin waited for Jungkook to leave. Jungkook waited for Jimin to open the door. Just when Jungkook was going to get up after two hours, the music stops completely. He expects the door to open but right through the door, Jimin faces the closed door and starts to speak.

"Why are you here?" he asked with a slightly scratchy voice. He had been a little bit under the weather and Namjoon made it worse.

Jungkook turns around to face the door. As if he could see right through the wooden door, he replied, "You didn't seem alright so I came over. Plus, you're crying...I want to comfort you." A short moment went by before Jungkook added, "A bit. Just let me come in for a bit."

Jimin wasn't sure if he wanted to let the man in but he unlocks the door anyway then shuffled back to his bed. When Jungkook heard the click of the lock, he makes his way in. Jimin sat on his bed with his back turned to him.

Quietly, Jungkook closes the door again, leaving it unlocked. He took a few steps until he's looking down at the silver-haired male. Jimin didn't look back or say anything. Jungkook did what he could think of and hugged Jimin awkwardly.

It felt strange since they haven't done this in a long time. The arms of Jimin finally rest on Jungkook's back. They didn't break the hug until Jungkook decided that it was time to talk. He opened the window for light and fresh air.

Once they were settled comfortably, Jimin states, "He's gone."

Jungkook had trouble replying to that since there was no tone in Jimin's voice. "Well, not really?" Jungkook didn't think that what he said would come out more like a question than a statement. Because of that, Jimin tilts his head and silently asked Jungkook to clarify.

"You see... Namjoon is not really gone because...because..." he tried to find the correct words. He decided to start over when nothing came to his mind. "Namjoon may not be with us physically anymore, but he will always be watching over us," he regretted saying that because it was so cliché that even Jimin rolled his eyes before turning away.

With that being said, he instead moved his focus from 'comforting Jimin' to 'expressing himself'. That'll help him and it might also help Jimin too so...

"Okay, listen. I don't like how sad everyone is about Namjoon. I feel the same way and I want it to stop since it pains me. I lost a brother that I never appreciated and I wish I can see him again even though he had made mistakes in the past," his voice wavers a bit. "I hated him and I have every right to. But he has his reasons too. Now he's gone and left a hole in my heart."

He didn't care how stupid he may sound or if he made any sense but it was what he felt at the moment. Jimin shakes a bit once Jungkook expressed himself. 

"But where will he be going?" he asked Jungkook in a whisper. This time, Jungkook didn't struggle to find an answer.

"I'm not sure but he'll go somewhere nice," he said with a warm smile. He's sure of it. To add more confidence in his answer, he adds another sentence.

"Namjoon is now safe."

*End of Flashback*

"Jimin," Seokjin's soft voice brings him back. "We're here."

He looks outside and couldn't believe how fast it had taken them to arrive at his home. The door opens for Jimin to exit. He starts to walk to his house when the car window slides down, revealing Seokjin who was still inside.

Seokjin remembers how it was way harder a couple weeks ago to comfort Jimin. The said boy was a completely different person ever since Namjoon's death. Luckily, he seems to be alright now but Seokjin still worries.

"Jimin," he calls out. Jimin halts and only turned slightly, not facing Seokjin. "Promise me you'll be okay," the rosy-haired man says calmly. He cares about him a lot and doesn't want him to get hurt. 

Jimin nods and continues walking, not even glancing back once. Seokjin makes sure that Jimin got inside safely before telling the driver that they can now leave. The car drove smoothly on the flat road as the silence fills in again.

With his hands folded in his lap, Seokjin gazes out the window and let the passing houses distract him. What ever has happened already happened and there's nothing that anyone can do to change it. He doesn't want to think about the funeral so he worries about how Mrs. and Mr. Kim were doing instead.

They lost their only son who is the child of BOTH of them. This doesn't mean that they favor him more than Jungkook and Taehyung; all sons were loved equally. But Namjoon is the son that they had been with them since he was a kid while Jungkook and Taehyung had only appeared about a year ago.

Seokjin couldn't imagine what they could be feeling right at the moment. It scares him even more when he thinks of the same thing happening to his baby.

Speaking of the baby, he's not in the car with Seokjin.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung's P.O.V.

"It's okay. Appa will be here in a bit," I cooed to a crying Hansung. It hasn't even been that long and the baby misses Seokjin already. The double doors were kept open for Seokjin and I kept Hansung in his small jacket. "What's taking him so long?" I mumbled. It didn't take too much time to drop Jimin home.

"Maybe he dropped by somewhere else to get some things," Jungkook replies from the sofa across from me. His dark circles under his eyes can still be seen even though he had put make up on earlier. I can understand him. It's been tiring lately and we're still not completely over our brother passing away.

I hope Jimin is holding up and recovering quickly. He shouldn't be like this and I know that Namjoon would've said the same thing if he were still alive. Jimin's smile hadn't been seen for so long that he looks dull whenever I see him.

Mother and father are in a worse condition. Both only talked whenever they had to because they still haven't settled with each other since that incident. They agreed that they would stay together to keep the family together but they don't act the same way they use to anymore.

And because of this, I felt extremely guilty. I remembered how I wanted to make father's life hell and ruin his family. I told him that I'd make Namjoon suffer. But Namjoon saved my son. Now he's never going to be with us again and our parents hate each other.

All the anger and hatred that I had felt growing up flushed away once I've realized how much my family meant to me. I hate to see my parents hate each other and knew that I needed to clear things up.

Mother needs to know that it was my fault. I set father up just so I could ruin their marriage. She doesn't believe him no matter what he says and I noticed that he never brought me up. Father didn't blame me at all when he's trying to explain matters to mother.

Jungkook was surprised when I handed Hansung over to him. "Watch him for me please. I'll be gone only for a few minutes," I said and he looks clueless. I remember how he hasn't really been around Hansung that much. He takes Hansung hesitantly and I left to find mother and father.

My hand glides up the rail as I walk up the stairs and I start to feel nervous. I didn't plan anything at all so the only idea I have right now is to just tell mother the truth and hope for a miracle to happen.

Maybe they'll just make up immediately after I admit what I've done. Maybe they'll forgive me. Or on the other hand, they might just push me away and not want to see me again. Great, I'm so ready for this...

I hear them speaking in father's study. I knock three times and wait. Mother opens the door and puts on a strained smile.

"Hi, Taehyung. Can I get you something?"

___________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook's P.O.V.

I stare at the ball of happiness that Taehyung had dropped into my lap. Hansung knows how to sit now and will soon be crawling. As he on his little fist, I still don't know what to do. The last time I've been alone with Hansung was in that abandoned building. I also haven't been with babies in a while.

I flinched when Hansung rubs his slimey hand over my face. He slaps me a couple of times before getting bored since I had no reaction. He starts to blubber and I didn't know what I did wrong. I didn't want him to cry so I stood up and rocked him. He starts to hiccup and I walk (more like run) outside to entertain him.

He stops and looks at all the things around him. I walk around to let him observe the objects in his sight. I sigh in relief, calming down once I know that he won't be crying any time soon.

~~

I sat on the ground outside with Hansung in my lap. Taehyung said that he'd be back in a few minutes but it's been way too long so I'm just sitting here waiting for Seokjin to come get his child.

I'm not complaining or anything but Hansung needs his parents. I actually enjoyed being with the bright baby since he brought a more positive mood along with him. He made me remember that even though I've lost a family memeber, I still have many others and we'll remember everyone together forever.

It starts to get darker and colder as the wind blows more so I took the baby inside. The wind gets shut off once I closed the doors. Taehyung was still not back so I tried to find him. He's not on the first floor or the bathrooms. That makes me decide to search on the next level. As I walk up the stairs and into the long hallway, a deep voice was... apoligizing? I wasn't too sure. It was coming from father's study and could be Taehyung so I walked towards it.

My hand almost turns the doorknob but a butler was heard greeting someone at the front door downstairs. I turned my attention away when Seokjin asks where everyone is. I head back to the entrance and Seokjin lights up at the sight of his child.

"Thank you. Where is everyone else?" he asks again. His hair seems to be a little bit out of place (probably from the wind) and the question of why he took so long to come back rises to my mind. "Upstairs. What took you so long anyway?"

Seokjin breaks the eye contact for a split second. I noticed it and found it suspicious but didn't say anything as he seems to have found an answer. "Traffic. Yeah, there was some kind of accident," he manage to give me a reason. I wasn't completely convinced but tell myself that it's probably something personal.

"Can you take me to Taehyung?" Seokjin takes a step forward after a maid offers to watch Hansung. Again, I notice how he fidget and gnaw his lip. I waved a hand at him, signaling him to follow me to father's study.

"Jungkook," I stopped halfway up the stairs when Seokjin called me. I only hummed for him to continue. "Will you..." he grows quiet as if he's not sure if he should be telling me something. "Will I what?" I grew curious. Seokjin looks left and right to see if anybody is around. "Keep everyone together. Can you do that?" 

I found his request very strange. Hope fills his eyes as he waits for my answer. "Who is 'everyone?' What do you mean?" I needed to be clear on who he's talking about. Seokjin walks in front of me and up until he's at the top of the stairs. It was me this time who followed.

In a hushed voice, Seokjin lists, "All of your parents, Taehyung, and especially Jimin since he's not a family member and Namjoon isn't here anymore to keep him connected." I still didn't fully understand. He can see that and say more, "I'm just asking because I'm not always going to be here." This makes me shocked. No. Not Seokjin too...

"You're dying?!" I said loudly. Seokjin stares for a moment before exclaiming, "Of course not!" I grew embarrassed at the conclusion that I made. "You'll see soon. I won't be gone for long," he adds. Before I can say anything else, the door a few feet away opens and mother comes out with father. Their arms were wrapped around each other.

"Why are you guys..." I didn't know how to finish my question. Taehyung follows them out and had a soft smile on his face. "Things between them are fixed," he sighs out like he had lifted something off his chest. He looked less tense too.

His gaze then moved over to Seokjin. "Seokjin. What took you so long?" he asks softly as he walks to the man, taking his hands in his. No matter what, Seokjin couldn't look at Taehyung's eyes for more than five seconds. It worries me because I don't know what's on his mind.

Mother asks Seokjin to stay until dinner is ready before he heads home, which he agreed to.

~~

We sit around the long dining table once the food was ready. A certain chair by father's seat stays empty. Everyone knew who use to sit there. It's original owner won't be coming back ever again.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________

(Three Days Later)

Seokjin's P.O.V.

The time was getting closer and closer. One more week to be precise. I've been planning for a while now and it surprises me how fast time has gone by. It's such a bad timing too because I had just realized something to make matters worse. I want to talk to Jimin about it but he's still recovering. Even if I had realized this a long time ago, it wouldn't have changed my decisions in any way.

 

I'm falling for Taehyung.

It's so stupid, I know. Jimin was right! Why didn't I take Taehyung from the very beginning!

Well, to be honest, things have changed so much since the beginning. All the breakups, makeups, conflicts, and solutions. The past me had changed a lot too.

All I can do now is to go along with how things are going to go. I may end up doing some last minute things before leaving. The only person who knows is Jimin. Yes, I will tell Taehyung too. Just not now. Not yet.

Hansung laughs at something. I felt a pang of sadness as I think about him. He's going to have to be separated from his parent. I didn't want that to happen but I have to do it if I want to work.

"Ah~ I'm so tired!" Taehyung comes through the door with the key that I gave him. He stretches since he had just finished a busy work day. I wanted to tell him about moving but I'm scared of how he'll react. Will he hate me?

He sits with me and rests his head back on the couch, closing his eyes in the process. I had trouble breathing as he relaxes. His well-defined jawline looked even more sharp from this angle and I want to brush my lips across it, feeling how distinct it is.

I didn't know how close I was getting to Taehyung physically until I can feel his breath against me. I'm guessing that he can also feel my breath because he opened his eyes abruptly, startling me. I jumped back as far as I could.

When I had the nerves to look back at him, he's still sitting there in the same position but has a grin on his face. I hate to admit it but it made him more attractive, especially with those eyes gleaming directly towards me. He had brushed his hair out of the way, revealing more of his forehead too.

I shook it off (tried to) and asked how Taehyung's day was. "Meh. It could've gone better. Ah, I just remembered. Father is going to take me with him outside of the city in two days," he said. When I ask what it was for, he tells me that it was something for his father's job. He said that it wouldn't take too long and he should be back soon.

Since he's been working hard lately, I'd like him to rest and be ready for the trip. I'll tell him about the moving once he comes back. It's a promise and I will NOT break it. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin's P.O.V.

*Ding Dong*

Jungkook stands in front of the doorway. I've been feeling better than I have in the previous days. 

"Hey."

"Hi."

"I came to see how you're doing," Jungkook says with a smile. I tried to return it but I can already feel how crooked it is. "Thanks."

"Can I come in?"

~~

I groaned in embarrassment as Jungkook laughs lightly. We were skimming through our old yearbooks one by one and let's just say that middle school wasn't the best. My school picture was horrible and I was too late for the retakes.

Jungkook, on the other hand, looked very cute. I bet people wouldn't believe that it's him since he has grown so much. He's not that cute and soft looking kid anymore.

We got to the high school yearbooks and I didn't know how to feel whenever a picture of me with Jungkook on campus comes up. I steal a glance at Jungkook slowly.....except he's looking at me too.

Namjoon face flashes across my eyes and I look away.

Jungkook brought up fun memories from the past which made me laugh and smile so much that my mouth and stomach hurts. I appreciate how he's doing this with me. I almost forgot why I had broken up with him...

He goes on with hope about how he might continue his career in music. I was happy for him since that had been his dream for the longest time. He even said that Taehyung is willing to help him whenever he needed it. I wasn't surprised at all when Jungkook tells me that it was Taehyung who had motivated him to pursue his dreams again. Taehyung knew how talented Jungkook was and didn't want it to be kept hidden for the rest of Jungkook's life.

~~

"For you," he simply said as he gives me a CD. I examined it and still had no clue what could be in the CD. "I'm not going to tell you what it is. You're gonna have to play it to find out," he smiles brightly. I thanked him about he turns to leave.

"Oh! Wait!" he turns back quickly. "Can we go out next time? I...I enjoyed spending time with you today and I like to do it again. We can go as friends," he suggests.

Even though I also enjoyed today, I didn't know if I want to go out yet, even if it's just hanging out with friends. "Um, I'll think about it."

He looks like he understands because the smile didn't leave his face. "Call me once you figure it out okay?" He didn't seem disappointed or rejected. He waves to me one last time before leaving.

Later, as I was getting ready for bed, I played the CD. It was just music. But it was special. It was full of Jungkook's covers that he had recorded over the years. From years ago up to now. Hearing his voice sooth me and I'm glad that he still has a passion for music.

~~

That night, while I was sleeping, I had a dream:

I was sleeping, just like how I am now. The only different thing is that I was in Namjoon's bed at his house. The pillows were so soft and fluffy that I wanted to stay there forever. I miss the place and it felt so real in the dream that I almost forgot that it wasn't true.

A hand feels my forehead and when my eyes fluttered open, Namjoon was smiling affectionately at me with his dimple showing. I wanted to touch his face too but my arms were so tired. Instead, I leaned into the touch of his hand. It felt so real and exactly like his hand.

He comforts me for a few minutes as I still lay in the soft blankets and pillows. Soon, he spoke in a kind voice that he uses every once in a while.

"Jimin, don't be sad," he says. I tell him that I'm not sad at all. He slides his hand to my cheek and mutters, "So cute." He keeps his hand there.

"If you like to be with a person that makes you happy, go with them okay? They'll take good care of you. I know they will," he said. "I want you to be happy too. I'm sorry for what I did in the past and I want you to know that I've always love you. But if I'm not there anymore, it's not okay for you to stay sad."

Even though he had just told me to be happy, a tear sneaks out of my eye and travels down. Namjoon's hand wipes it away. "Don't be like this," he leans down.

His lips presses softly on my forehead then he levels his face so that I can look at him in the eye. "Do what makes you happy," I nod at his words.

"I love you."

~~

The next morning, when I woke up with puffy eyes and messy hair, I grabbed my phone. I'll listen to what Namjoon told me last night.

"Morning. So, what's you're answer?" Jungkook knows why I called.

"Let's go out today," I can feel Jungkook grinning happily at my answer.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

Seokjin is having a panic attack. Not literally but he's struggling. His only has two more days and Taehyung won't be back until he's gone. "But he doesn't know! I want to tell him in person!" Seokjin cries out in frustration.

Taehyung had called a day ago, saying that plans had changed and he'll be back in four more days. This isn't what Seokjin wanted but not everything will go as planned. He calls Jimin for advice.

Soon, Jimin comes over with Jungkook to Seokjin's place which surprised him. Jimin explained that they were hanging out before Seokjin called for him. He apologizes for interrupting their plans but they didn't mind.

~~

"Seokjin, you can't do this," Jungkook says firmly after finding out that Seokjin is going to move away. "It's not for long. I just want to have a fresh start with my parents with me. I'll come back," he backs up. 

"But Taehyung-"

"I know. I don't want to leave him but I've made my choice already," Seokjin folds his arms and turns away, feeling disappointed with himself. Jimin asks a question that he has been asking many times before. "What are your feelings towards Taehyung?"

Before, Seokjin would retort something like, "What feelings? I told you that I don't like him like that." Part of Jimin expects the same answer while the other part believes that Seokjin finally accept the fact that he feels something special towards Taehyung.


"I love him," Seokjin was so quiet that Jimin asks him to repeat himself.

"Jimin, I love him," he says with more assurance. He shakes a little and Jimin hugs him immediately. Seokjin needed the hug and Jimin knew exactly why. Because Taehyung might not come back in time, Seokjin may not see him for a long time. He always knew that Seokjin's feelings for Taehyung had never disappeared ever since he developed them.

"I want to tell him and let him know," Seokjin mumbles. Jimin suggest that he can call Taehyung on the phone before he leaves instead. That was the only option left, even if Seokjin didn't like it. He wants to see Taehyung's face in front of him.

~~

(Two Days Later)

Taehyung was uptight, overflowing with anger. Consternation had been absorbed into him too. But at the same time, he can't breathe properly as he zoomed right before the traffic light turns red. He doesn't care how fast he's driving.

He slams his hand on the wheel several times already, honking for cars to move or drive faster. It looked like he's being chase by something when he's actually the one chasing someone (not exactly).

He's a little lucky that his father allowed him to leave early. Because of that, he may have enough time. He had just arrived back to the city and is now heading to the airport.

Jungkook texted and called him a few times earlier to hurry up because the clock is ticking.

Taehyung can't believe what is going on. To be more precise, he couldn't believe it because he KNEW what was going on.

It's all because of Kim Seokjin.

(Last Night)

Taehyung laughs as he kept the phone next to his ear. Seokjin wasn't laughing with him though. "Seokjin, when did you get this funny?" Taehyung asked even though he knew that this isn't good.

"I wanted to tell you in person but you can't come so I'm calling you now. I'm being honest. I'm leaving," he repeated. Taehyung's laughing gets cut off almost as if he choked on something. He realized that Seokjin was being very serious.

"You can't," he emphasized, "I won't let you. I'll stop you before you can leave."

Seokjin's heart aches even more at Taehyung's words.

"That's all I wanted to tell you. Bye."

"Seokjin! Wait-"

Seokjin hung up.

This made Taehyung boil because he still have many unanswered questions. It annoyed him how quick the call was and how Seokjin just dropped everything on his face, expecting him to know and understand everything.

He didn't get much sleep and made his way back as soon as he could.

~~

Jimin couldn't sit still as he waits with Seokjin in the airport. It's almost time for him to leave and Taehyung is not here. Jungkook volunteered to go out and wait for Taehyung since he knew that he's on his way.

Hansung and Seokjin were playing and Jimin could see a tint of sadness in his eyes as they stayed on the baby. Seokjin revised his original plan and Jimin couldn't exactly say that it was better. The new change will make Seokjin more lonely.

Outside of the airport, Taehyung ran like a madman until Jungkook catches sight of him. The tired man looked so stressed and he immediately took him to where Seokjin was.

"We gotta hurry. Jimin just said that Seokjin is still here," Jungkook updates quickly. Taehyung grumbles. "I know that." The two start to run and nobody found it strange because half of the people there were running and rushing for their flight too.

Seokjin plant lots of kisses on Hansung's face and was doing his best not to spill any tears. Jimin sighs as Seokjin checks his small bag that he'll have with him in his seat on the plane. The rest of the waiting people around them prepared to get onto the plane.

Seokjin kisses Hansung again, "I love you so much. I promise I'll be back okay?" He then gives Hansung to Jimin since Taehyung didn't come.

"Tell Taehyung to take good care of him. I'm counting on him," Seokjin reminds him. He can only nod silently as Seokjin pinches his baby's cheeks.

"Take care," he tells Jimin before turning to walk to the gate. He tells himself to wish for the best for Seokjin. It's his choice so he'll just have to respect it.

Seokjin waves from afar and Jimin takes Hansung's hand and waved it back at Seokjin. Seokjin blows a kiss before turning back. He wanted to run back to his baby and kiss him more.

Jimin place Hansung back into his car seat and grab his belongings. Then, the poor baby and him were startled by the loudest voice.


"SEOKJIN!!!!!!!"

 

Many people turned to look where the voice came from. They chatter and some looked annoyed as they had been woken up from their nap.

Taehyung stood a few meters away from Seokjin. Both kept their eyes connected. Seokjin was surprised that Taehyung made it, barely. Jungkook pants after him, glad that he brought Taehyung to the right place. Jimin gasps, hope suddenly fills him up. 

People went back to minding their own business after a few seconds.

Taehyung didn't look so angry anymore as he approaches Seokjin. All his anger disappeared once he laid his eyes on the precious person in front of him. He loves him and will always love him no matter what.

Now he stands close to Seokjin, close enough to reach and caress the man's beautiful face. His flawless skin warms Taehyung's hand. Seokjin did his best not to lean into the touch.

"Don't go."

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: I think I'm going to wrap up this story soon (I don't know when). I had a different person (@_kawaiiBTS_) go over this chapter for any mistakes so if they're are still some mistakes, it's her fault. Just kidding. Just excuse the grammar mistakes.