Love is so Confusing

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

Author: Sorry it took me so long to update. Here's the last chapter (I struggled with it for a month) and I hope you guys like it. Thank you so much for reading! Love you <3

~~

"Taehyung said that they got him," Seokjin updates everyone in the car. He sat in the back with Hansung while Mrs. Kim and Jimin sat up front. They're waiting for the rest of the family to meet them before driving the rest of the way to where they're heading.

"We'll be united again," Mrs. Kim sighs as she glances at Jimin, who will officially be part of the family very soon. She holds his hand and Jimin smiles softly at her.

Things have been settled between him and Jungkook, who is now being picked up by Mr. Kim and Taehyung. He's relieved that everything has passed now, leaving a clear path ahead of everyone.

How did Jungkook and Jimin solve their conflict? Take a look:

*Flashback*

"Let me hold you longer," Jungkook said, keeping Jimin secured in his arms. The latter tighten his arms too, not letting go.

They stayed like this, their scents mixing with each other and heat radiating from their warm bodies. Both men finally parted when the chattering of students outside reached their ears. Knowing that there won't be much time left, Jungkook whispered in Jimin's ear, "Please meet me after you're done with work. I still need to tell you things."

He slides a piece of paper into Jimin's hand before covering his face and leaving quickly, disappearing so fast and leaving no trace behind. Of course Jimin already misses his presence but when he opened the folded paper, a smile decorated his face.

*End of Flashback*

Since they were still waiting at the resting area, Seokjin takes out the prepared lunch while Jimin sets plates and utensils on the stone tables. Mrs. Kim took Hansung to the restroom. The young boy is exhausted from the long drive but it won't be much longer until he meets his uncle again.

As if on cue, the second car parks behind the first one right when Seokjin places the last dish on the tables. Mr. Kim had drove the car.

When Taehyung stepped out of the car, Seokjin runs with excitement towards him, almost knocking him down as he kissed him. While they were whispering sweet nothings to each other, Mr. Kim steps out too, right when Mrs. Kim came back with her grandson.

She went to her husband too as Hansung skipped to his parents. Taehyung picked him up with one arm, the other one not leaving Seokjin's waist. Jimin smiles at them and thought, 'They're so happy with their families.'

Then a third person comes out of the car. Jungkook smiles widely at Jimin and waves with his arm high in the air.

*Flashback*

"Jungkook!" Jimin yells once he spots the idol alone in Mrs. Kim's garden. Jungkook originally wanted to meet at the rose garden that they use to go to but it's risky for him since anyone can see him and Jimin there which can cause trouble.

Mrs. Kim wishes Jimin luck before leaving him and Jungkook in the garden. Jungkook stood up and watched Jimin walk to him nervously yet at the same time he hopes he doesn't screw up. This, this moment could potentially be a huge step for them to have another chance for each other.

Once Jimin is face to face with Jungkook, he gnawed on his inner cheek as Jungkook took a deep breath, rehearsing the words in his head one last time.

"W-well," he stuttered, "if you hadn't known yet, there's now nothing between me and Minwoo." He gets to the main topic that has been on his mind. No, he's not moving on to Jimin that quickly. He just wants Jimin to know since the latter cares for him.

Jimin nods slowly, "Oh."

"Yeah," Jungkook said back.

It was a bit awkward between them but it was nice too, to be together without interruptions, fights, or misunderstandings.

After another moment of fiddling went by, Jimin decided to say something, "Jungkook, you know that I still love you, right?"

Jungkook nodded.

The question was like a reminder for him. He can become Jimin's boyfriend again by asking him or being asked out, simple as that. But he really didn't want to rush into anything, especially right after Minwoo. Then again, was he really in love with Minwoo in the first place?

A hand rests on the right side of Jungkook's face, feeling the smooth skin that still makes Jimin's hand tingle. His thumb pressed down a bit and unconsciously, Jungkook takes hold of Jimin's hand, engulfed in the love.

But when he realized this, he feels his heart beating faster. Jimin smiles, recalling what Yoongi told him before. Looking at Jungkook with calming eyes, he asked:

"Will you fly with me to the edge of the sky, so we can reach each other?"

*End of Flashback*

"Jimin," Jungkook hugs the shorter man with his bright smile, his eyes sparkling, "Look what I got you."

Reaching into his pocket, Jungkook searches for the items he brought with him. Jimin hears something crinkle into the small pocket which spikes his curiosity.

"Tada!" he holds out his palms and resting in each one were...ring pops?

"One for you, one for me," he beamed and without hesitation, he opens the wrapper then slides the blue ring on Jimin's ring finger. The red ring goes on his finger.

"Don't worry, these are just for now. I'll get you a prettier one soon once it's the right time," he
 smiles again, making Jimin blush. In his opinion, the ring pops are still adorable.

The two men held out their hands, the similar rings shining from the sun. Jimin then intertwine his fingers with Jungkook's, their hands fitting with each other perfectly.

"Kookie!"

Yoongi and Hoseok had caught up with the rest of them too, the pair parking their car behind Mr. Kim's. The dads greet their son and hugged Jimin as well. Mr and Mrs. Kim joined them, along with Taehyung, Seokjin, and their son.

They chatted until Seokjin brings up lunch, which is still packed on the stone tables. Table one consists of Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, Yoongi, and Hoseok while table two is filled with Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, Seokjin, and Hansung, the little boy sitting between his parents.

As everyone ate and chattered about, Jungkook felt Jimin scooting in closer and brushed his hand against his. When he turns to his boyfriend, he's met with Jimin's coy smile.

*Flashback*

It's been about a month since the talk in Mrs. Kim's garden. Jungkook and Jimin finally made a choice and went out on a date. If the both of them want to start anew, they'll have to take small steps one at a time.

They went on a picnic instead of a restaurant or some other place so that it's just the two men with no one to bother them. Jungkook had a free day too so they took advantage of it.

They found a picnic area by a lake where it's quiet and still. The lake breathed calmly, its tiny waves rolling over.

"It's so beautiful here," Jimin sighed at the view. His cheeks were rosy and Jungkook couldn't help himself.

"You're beautiful too," he stated and saw how Jimin looked surprised at first until a bigger grin displayed on his face.

"You are too," he sang back to Jungkook, who chuckled at how endearing Jimin was.

He placed his fork down on his napkin, his hand traveling to Jimin's shoulder. It was like a puzzle being pieced together when Jungkook pulled Jimin to his chest, missing the smell of his soft hair.

Jimin felt the same as he nuzzled into Jungkook's neck, missing the comfort he had before. His fingers traced Jungkook's collarbone, slightly tickling the other.

After a while Jimin decided to ask, "Jungkook, how's Minwoo doing?"

He's still a bit concerned about the young male even though he said that he'd be okay without Jungkook.

"He's actually doing pretty good. Sooner or later, Kwangmin is going to ask him out," Jungkook replied. Ever since Minwoo told Jungkook that he doesn't want them to be together anymore, Kwangmin has been trying to get Minwoo's attention. The both of them are close; they are childhood friends after all so Jungkook wasn't too worried about them.

"That's a relief," Jimin buries his face into Jungkook's chest again, "Jungkook?"

"Hm?"

"I know this is only the first date but I want to say something," Jimin paused to look up at the latter, "I love you."

Jimin knew that Jungkook has heard him say this plenty of time before but it always slips out whenever he felt like saying it because it's true. He wished they were never separated in the first place and that they'll stay with each other until the end.

Jungkook had words at the tip of his tongue, ready and prepared, "I love you too."

He realized that he never had any romantic feelings for Minwoo; he is only a good friend and will always be. Jungkook only has eyes for Jimin and the same goes to Jimin.

They soon went back to their food, almost forgetting about it. Jimin doesn't know how long it'll be until he spends time with Jungkook again due to his tight schedule. But having a new start with Jungkook is already more than he can ask for, so waiting isn't a problem.

As they eat side by side, staring at the scene in front of them, Jimin scoots closer to Jungkook and brushed his hand against his. When he turned to him, he's met with Jimin's coy smile.

*End of Flashback*

"Alright everyone! Let's get back on the road," Mrs. Kim says as they finish cleaning and washing their hands. Once everything is ready to go, everyone went back into the cars they came in, except for Jungkook. He decided to go with Yoongi and Hoseok.

"I'll see you when we get there," Jungkook says to Jimin. He kisses the taller man before they went to the different cars. Jungkook has to spend some time with his other parents too.

The cars start and head back on the road one by one, forming a line but Yoongi suddenly remembered that he left something behind. Being last in line, the two cars ahead of them didn't wait, thinking that they are still following them.

Yoongi got out and shut his door, leaving Jungkook alone with Hoseok. Now that we think about it, Jungkook hasn't spoken with his dad alone for a long time. Most of the time when he did talk to Hoseok, Yoongi was there too. Jungkook thought about this and so did the older man.

"So, how are you doing with that song?" Hoseok asks first to get the gears going as he turned away from the steering wheel to face his son in the back seat who leaned forward a bit. He poked his inner cheek with his tongue as he cooks up an answer and sentence to follow it.

"Not so well. I can't find the right melody. I've received others' help but the thing is, I want to do it myself," he replies, earning a simple nod from his dad.

Jungkook looks out the window to see how Yoongi is doing. It looks like he hasn't found what he's searching for yet.

"Dad," he turns his attention back to the man with him, "What do you think of me?"

The question made the older male tilt his head, wondering why his son would ask him this. But he answered anyway.

"What do I think of you?" Jungkook nods and he chuckles, "You're my son. We're not blood related but who cares, you are still my son. I would never change that fact because I love you, just like how appa loves you."

Hoseok spent a good 5 seconds just staring into the man he raised with his husband, not forgetting all of the special times they had together as a family until Jungkook laughed lightly.

"Thanks dad, that was really nice. But that wasn't what I meant," he laughs out and tries to cut it off with a short cough, only to fail. Hoseok scoffs in slight embarrassment; all that loving talk for nothing.

"I meant what do you think of my personality?" Jungkook edits his question. Hoseok regains himself and doesn't even need to think about his answer.

"You're amazing Jungkook," he states, voice firm and confident. Jungkook beams, "Just like you are!"

Hoseok laughs at Jungkook's brightened eyes, wide and shining. "Why are you asking this in the first place?"

"To help me," Jungkook lips curls upward, "I'm going to write my song about you."

"Thanks, Kookie-"

"Yah! Unlock the door right now!" Yoongi pounds on the window and Hoseok doesn't get to finish talking with Jungkook. 

~~

The families haven't even been on the road for an hour yet but Hansung was getting tired, asking when they'll reach their destination. As Seokjin did his best to find things to distract him from the boredom, Jimin stares out the window. 

He watched the trees pass by and looked up to the fluffy clouds in the sky, moving slowly but consistently. When he raises his hand up to rest his chin on top of it, the candy ring knocks on the glass, reminding him who brought him this a few moments ago.

Jungkook pops up in his mind, making him remember the specific night when things were finally...official.

*Flashback*

"Jimin, I can't change things," Jungkook tries to comfort a hurt and jealous Jimin. Jimin knew that it wasn't Jungkook's fault but he couldn't help it. He did his best to understand things, for example, fans who adores and are romantically in love with Jungkook. But he finally bursts when he heard what Jungkook was going to be doing.

"I have to kiss her, it's part of the commercial," Jungkook explains, "It's part of the concept."

Being a pretty successful idol, Jungkook got to work with an actress for a wedding commercial. The two would be "getting married" and kiss. This obviously upsets Jimin and there's not much to cheer him up.

"Alright, okay. It's not like we're dating anyways. You can kiss whoever you want to kiss," Jimin huffed out bitterly. Yeah, Jungkook wasn't even his official boyfriend yet, so he could do whatever he wanted to do.

"I guess a celebrity like you is too good for me anyway," Jimin mumbled with annoyance. Like stated before, he snapped and threw a little tantrum. He knew that he'll regret acting so immature later on because Jungkook didn't do anything wrong. 

"Fine, I will," Jungkook enunciated and crossed his arms. Jimin glared and expected him to leave right after but Jungkook glared back only. He mirrored him, crossing his arms too while looking up to the taller man with burning eyes. It was like a staring contest until Jimin wondered why Jungkook was still here.

"Go! I don't care anymore! I don't care if you're gonna kiss that actress! I won't care about who you kiss!" he dug his nails into his clothed arms, surely leaving small crescent marks there.

"I will!" Jungkook yells back.

"Go then!"

"Right now?!"

"Yes, right NOW!!" Jimin yells louder.

Now both men were panting in anger, especially Jungkook, who couldn't believe that Jimin wouldn't care.

 

 

 

 

Jimin's voice was muffled as he tries to yell, his fists hitting Jungkook's biceps. He tried to bite the tongue that intruded his mouth but couldn't since it slipped by so fast and because Jungkook tightened his arms around him, rubbing his lower back in the process.

The kiss didn't take long and when they parted, Jimin's first words were, "Quit joking around!" He shoved Jungkook away and covered his lips with the back of his hand.

"I'm not joking around. You told me to kiss whoever I want," Jungkook spoke sternly, "I wanna kiss YOU."

Jimin couldn't muster up any more energy to yell at him so he took a deep breath in, running his hand through his hair. No more...no more yelling. He needed to stop being so heated.

"Don't say that I'm too good for you ever again," Jungkook sounded tired as he took steps towards Jimin. He held Jimin's face and squished it a bit, which made made the shorter man pout.

"I'm sorry. I should've been more understanding," Jimin murmured and his shoulders sagged, anger deflated from him long ago. Jungkook stated that it was alright. Jimin closed his eyes and Jungkook thinks the timing is perfect.

"You know... we never really made it official," Jungkook's soft voice twirled in the air. Jimin looked back at him with scrunched eyebrows.

"Made what official?" he asked, not really sure of what the other meant.

Jungkook smiled warmly with a tint of giddiness, the small argument almost forgotten. After going on dates for a while now, he felt that he's ready, for real.

"Jimin, I've been thinking a lot lately..." he started, pausing to glance at Jimin. 

"And?"

"It's about us..."

"And?"

"A-and," Jungkook suddenly got nervous, especially with the way Jimin was staring at him, urging him to continue. He doesn't want to mess up.

"Jungkook, will you be my boyfriend?"

Jungkook looked so shocked that Jimin went from unhappy to bubbly, watching the younger man blink multiple times. He was going to ask the same question but I guess Jimin beat him to it.

"Well?" Jimin teased. Jungkook grew confident again.

"I can't say no to you," he grinned sheepishly, earning a hug from Jimin. Hugging back, he can feel his heart trying to leap out of his chest. Even Jimin could hear his loud heartbeat, along with his own.

"I'm never going to let you go again," Jimin locked his arms securely around Jungkook. He laughed at the cute action and the two continued to spew loving words for each other.

"Also, I was lying about the kiss scene in the commercial."

*End of Flashback*

"Wow," Seokjin gasps. Hansung pressed himself against the window, looking at the view. Jimin did the same and had the same reaction as Seokjin.

They've been driving for hours and the sun is getting close to setting. As the cars drove across a bridge, they admire the beauty of nature. The sunshine colored the fluffy clouds around, some light breaking through them, creating rays that shower into the shimmering water below. The water's reflection adds to the natural painting.

In the other car, Taehyung takes his phone out and starts snapping pictures. This isn't something he sees everyday.

After being satisfied with the pictures he got, Taehyung slid his phone back into his pocket, looking out the window until they've crossed the bridge completely. Mr. Kim watches his son from the corners of his eyes.

"Taehyung," he begins, still focusing on following the car in front, "How long has it been?"

Although the question can have multiple answers to it, Taehyung knew exactly what he's asking about. Everyone in the family would understand.

"About 3 years," he simply stated. The sun disappeared when they drove into the thick trees again.

"Hm...already 3 years, huh," Mr. Kim hums. So much has changed over the course of that time. Tears glossed over his eyes, and Taehyung immediately steps in.

"We're almost there, father. Just a bit longer," he encourages him. They'll reach the city tonight and get ready for tomorrow. 

Tomorrow is a very special day.

~~

"Phew," Hoseok stretches as he steps out of his car. Everyone did the same, stretching their numb bodies. Hansung has a sleeping foot so Seokjin had to help the little boy.

They've arrived at the hotel that they'll be sleeping in. The moon smiled down on Earth, accompanied by dancing stars. Bringing in their luggage, they got into separate rooms; Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim together, Yoongi with Hoseok, Jimin paired with Jungkook, and Taehyung, Seokjin, and Hansung in another room. Four rooms total.

After eating dinner, they set off to bed, needing to get up for the next day.

It took no longer than 5 minutes for Hansung to fall into deep slumber, exhausted from today's "exciting" events on the boring road.

"Seokjin?" Taehyung came out of the bedroom to see that Seokjin isn't inside. He then felt a small breeze, leading him to the open door of the balcony.

His husband, dressed in a robe, gazes above him at the night sky. Taehyung instantly hugged him from behind, kissing the back of his neck and smelling his hair. They haven't had their moments alone today and didn't get to see each other much due to being in different cars.

Seokjin craned his neck to kiss Taehyung's nose before turning his body to face him. Their foreheads touched and Taehyung stares into the brown orbs of Seokjin; he hasn't changed. His plump lips formed a shy smile, which brings the both of them back to one of the best days of their lives.

*Flashback*

Taehyung's jaw dropped and the photographer caught his shocked face. Everyone turned behind them to see Seokjin. Mrs. Kim chuckled lightly as she recorded Taehyung, who still had his mouth hanging open.

She then turned to record the center of attention, Seokjin, who walked down the aisle with his father. His white tuxedo matches him perfectly with the light pink flower that was pinned on him.

Taehyung, who was wearing a black tuxedo that almost matched with Seokjin, couldn't take his eyes off. It wasn't just the clothes that amazed him, it was also the way Seokjin's cheeks glowed and how he smiled. There's more reasons but Taehyung didn't have enough time to explain them when Seokjin was handed over to him.

Facing each other with their hands joined, the men stare into the eyes of each other, not wanting this moment to end.......

~~

"I do." Taehyung declared.

~~

"I do." Seokjin proclaimed.

~~

"You may kiss."

Taehyung's hand caressed the back of Seokjin's head as they kissed, pulling him closer. Seokjin placed his hand on Taehyung's chest, gliding it up to his shoulder.

Petals fluttered around them, landing on the ground. People; friends, families, and more cheered as the two continued, not parting until they had to.

*End of Flashback*

The fluttering petals fades away. Only the cool wind can be felt. The cheering of people became distant. Only the sounds of cars driving below can be heard.

Taehyung and Seokjin came back to the present when they end their kiss, ending the flashback of their wedding. It's a memory that both will treasure and never forget.

"Let's go inside. It's getting chilly," Seokjin shivers and Taehyung nods, taking him inside.

We all know by now that nothing will ever separate those two again.

~~

(The Next Day)

Three cars drive into the quiet place, only a few other people were there, visiting their loved ones. Many would find these kinds of places to be creepy, but it really isn't. It was peaceful, so peaceful and light.

The healthy green grass spreads throughout the entire area, trees guarding with their large branches above. Flowers grew here and there, undisturbed and free.

Jimin's heart sank a bit but he lifts his head, not wanting this to become a sad moment. The flowers in his hands smelled sweet and pleasant.

The whole group halts in front of a stone, who had longed to be here. It has been 3 years. They say no words, made no movements and only recalled the person they all missed so much.

'KIM NAMJOON'

The name spelled on the stone meant so much to each individual of the family. Jimin places the flowers at his grave, touching the grass. He didn't get up, only hugging his knees as Namjoon's smile and loving actions played in his head.

Jungkook placed his flowers next to Jimin then hugged him where he was, huddling together. Hansung sets lollipops down. He heard about the story of how brave Namjoon is and how he saved him as a baby. The lollipops were the same kind that Namjoon gave to Hansung before placing him into the wall where he'd be hidden.

Taehyung bends down until he's low enough to face the stone. "I'm sorry I couldn't be a good brother to you. The things you did- saving my son, is something that I'll always be thankful for," he whispers. Even before Hansung was born and before they met Jungkook and Jimin, Namjoon had helped Taehyung many times before. He felt bad because all he felt back then was hatred for Namjoon and their father.

Seokjin cried.

He couldn't contain it and tears spill out. He got so close to the grave as he cried. Namjoon had been important to him for the longest time. Meeting at such a young age, Namjoon had influenced him so much. Without Namjoon, he wouldn't have met Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook, or even give birth to Hansung. Namjoon was his first love and nothing will change that. Despite the terrible things that had happened, Namjoon is still kind and loving in Seokjin's heart.

Mrs. Kim also sobs, crying into the shirt of her also crying husband, who blew his nose. It is painful to lose a child; Namjoon had been such an intelligent person.

As for Yoongi and Hoseok, they were also sorrowful. Even though they weren't there the entire time, Namjoon did mean something to them. They were all connected, thus forming a big family.

Today is a special day.

Mrs. Kim takes out the small birthday cake that had 'Happy Birthday Namjoon' spelled in cursive. Yes, it is Namjoon's birthday today and they all came to celebrate.

"Happy Birthday to you~" she sang.

"Happy Birthday to you~~" Jungkook and Taehyung joins.

"Happy Birthday dear Namjoon~" everyone else came in.

"Happy Birthday to you~~~"

 


~~

The waves crashes into the rocks and the smell of the sea filled Jungkook's nose. After visiting Namjoon, they came to the beach here. Unlike other beaches, it's cold and foggy, making Jungkook's nose turn red and runny.

Sitting with him is Jimin. He's still wiping away tears that managed to escape from his eyes. Jungkook fits their hands together, feeling the cold fingers of Jimin.

"Jimin."

Jimin turns to his boyfriend, still sniffing.

"Cheer up a bit. It's Namjoon's birthday. Let's all be happy," Jungkook says with a smile but that sad feeling of losing Namjoon is still lingering inside.

Jimin agreed with him and smiled. It wasn't forced, he recalled the times that he did enjoy with Namjoon years before. Jungkook and Jimin's quietness was interrupted by Hansung.

"Kookie, Minnie, look!" he happened to find a small crab, the color of it was a tan color, blending with the sand. The crab was harmless so there was nothing to worry about.

"Wow, look at that!" Jimin exclaims. Jungkook pinched his nephew's cheek and smiled at how amazed he was. Seeing how more happiness was brought to Jimin, he felt relieved.

When Hansung returned to his parents, who were building a sand fort for him, Jungkook talks to Jimin again.

"You know, seeing Taehyung and Seokjin building their own family makes me want to have children too," he watches Hansung play with his parents. They were laughing so much and he's pretty sure Seokjin just ate the sand that Taehyung threw at him on accident.

"What are you trying to imply?" Jimin asked since he felt like Jungkook has another strange idea.

"I trying to say that I want to have a child with you," Jungkook sighs at Jimin. He really does want to have a child with him.

Jimin blushes, "But Jungkook, Seokjin said that male pregnancy is rare."

"So? You don't actually know if you can or can't give birth, do you?" Jungkook asks. Jimin paused then shakes his head.

"So it's possible. Even if you can't, there's still many other ways. But I REALLY want to us to have a son or daughter. Plus, Hansung will have someone to play with," he says excitedly. Jimin is getting a bit embarrassed with the topic so he stops Jungkook.

"Alright! C-calm down, Kookie. We'll talk more about this in the future," he stutters with a red face. Jungkook chuckles when he realizes that Jimin is getting shy. 

Meeting Jimin is something that makes him feel super lucky because who knows how he would've been like if Jimin wasn't there. Meeting Jimin, his soulmate, is definitely something that had changed his life.

"I love you, Jimin," he smiled brightly before kissing Jimin on the cheek.

~~

Yoongi and Hoseok, with Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim watched their children enjoy being with the love of their lives. Seokjin and Taehyung continue to run around with Hansung on the beach and sitting by the rocks is where Jungkook teases Jimin.

All of the couples are finally happy and united. And Jimin soon promised Jungkook a baby.

From the beginning, who would've thought that Taehyung, who was only an assistant, would marry Seokjin, the former fiancé of his boss and brother, Namjoon.

Who would've thought that Jungkook and Jimin, who were madly in love since they were younger, would ever break up only to make up again after several tries? 

Who would've have thought that through the midst of love complications, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Namjoon would be revealed to be brothers.

Who would've thought that Jungkook, who was adopted by Yoongi and Hoseok would met his real family again?

So many things had happened and it all started because of love. So many things had occurred and it all came to an end because of love. Love started and ended this. Well, not exactly because Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, Seokjin, and their family members still have more love to give out.

Of course, they now know what to avoid so that the complicated series of events will not repeat itself because oh boy... it was like trying to solve puzzles non-stop.

I guess you can say...

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god).