Time Skip

Love is so Confusing (I swear to god)

Seokjin's P.O.V.

"Hansung, are you hungry? Come here," I ask him as he toddles over. I place him on my lap before feeding him some yogurt. He eats happily as he drops his small teddy bear. Keeping my arm around him, I reach down with the other to pick the toy up. Before my hand can touch the bear, a large hand takes it instead.

"I got it. Here," I look up and Taehyung smiles down at me with a bag. Returning the smile I place the bear back into the bag. Taehyung takes a seat besides me and opens the bag that contained food. My eyes lit up at the sight of colorful sushi. "Woah, you bought a lot," I say in amazement. Taehyung laughs and replies, "I had to. If I didn't, you'd kill me."

"That's not true!" I protested. Then Taehyung reminded me of the time I almost sliced his head off when he didn't buy enough steak for our first anniversary. I apologized later by showering him with chocolate that almost buried him alive. What a nice memory.

Once Hansung finished his quick snack, he went back to wandering around by me. It's important to keep him in sight. As Taehyung and I eat, he whines, "How much longer?" There is about 20 more minutes before we leave. We discuss our plans until I realize that Hansung isn't next to me.

"Baby, Hansung, where are you?!" I shout, looking around frantically. "It's okay, I'll go get him," Taehyung says and walks around to where Hansung was hiding; behind my chair. I groaned and exhaled. "Baby, you can't scare me like that," I said as Taehyung puts him on the chair between me and Taehyung.

He nods and cheers out, "Okay appa!" He continues to dance around in his seat as I sighed. "He's so active. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep up with him," I rubbed my temple. Even though taking care of Hansung was tiring, it was always something that I enjoy doing. I get to see so many touching moments like when Hansung started to walk or the time Hansung turned 2 years old (Author's Note: I originally put 1 year old but then remembered Korean age).

"It's good that he's active. He'll be healthy and so strong!" Taehyung says and tickles Hansung, almost making him fall off the chair. I scold him but then it was time.

~~

"Wow!" Hansung stares out of the window as the plane takes off. His mouth was opened so wide as he admires the view. Taehyung sits between us because he wants me to get some rest and that he'll take care of Hansung.

I close my eyes and wait for sleep to take over. But as I wait, I can't help but remember the last time I was at the same airport that we were in minutes ago:

(2 years ago)

"Don't go."

Taehyung's words made my mind go blank. His hand starts to burn and I had to tear my eyes away from his. Even though I turned my head, it was turned back as Taehyung forced me to look at him in the eye.

"Don't leave me. Don't do this to me," he whispers. The words kicked me so hard that I felt like grunting in pain. 'The plane! Hurry! Go! You're parents are waiting for you! Get a fresh start. Leave,' a small voice enters and I obeyed it and stepped back. I brushed Taehyung's hand off before turning my back to him.

Even though I couldn't see him, I could sense the hurt look on his face. It's so clear that it scarred my heart. The image burned into my mind, making me wince.

I didn't even take another step forward because I was pulled back by Taehyung into an embrace. He buries his face into my shoulder and tightens his hold as if he's locking me up from escaping. Again, people start to stare and mumbles to each other, probably about how this is like some cheesy drama or something.

"Taehyung, let go. People are watching," I whispered back. He doesn't loosen his arms around me. "You only care about the people watching? Fine, let's go somewhere else then," he scoffed before taking my hand and pulling me through the airport. "Taehyung, stop! I have to go," I tried to reason but he doesn't stop. "Quit lying. You don't HAVE to go," he kept going until we got to a spot where there weren't so many people.

My hand was still gripped by his as he turns to face me. Then the hug comes back. He kisses the top of my head. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" he spoke softly into my ear. "I need to get on the plane," I avoided his question. He moves back a little, just enough so that I could see his face.

"I told you that I'll stop you before you can leave," he smirks sadly, "Plus, you won't make it on time. It's already too late." I realize that what he said was true. It's too late.

"Please come back with me. Don't leave again," he begs. I still didn't know if I should still try to go to my parents. "No, I want to see my parents too. Maybe it's better for me to leave," I said weakly. Maybe I can get another flight. I wriggled my way out of Taehyung's grasp and distanced myself. I'm prepared to walk away any moment now.

Realizing what I must be thinking, Taehyung drops to his knees and wraps his arms around my legs, preventing me from taking any steps. He clung to me and I almost want to drop down with him and hug him.

But I should probably just stick to my plans. I tried to push him away but I didn't really put in any strength or effort because a part of me didn't want to hurt Taehyung. His arms doesn't look like they're going to give up any time soon either.

Right at that moment, Taehyung looks up with tears pooling in his eyes. The sight was so horrible that I froze. He doesn't say anything, only stared into my soul with those eyes. I stopped struggling and bit my lip from quivering.

"Stay," his voice cracks as he tries to stay composed. Biting my lip doesn't help because my whole body is now trembling from the sobs that were bubbling up to my mouth.

"stay," a little voice repeats behind me. When I turned around as much as I could, the sobs reached my lips. 

Jimin and Jungkook has Hansung with them. Hansung extends his short arms to me. "stay," he said again. It's his first word.

Taehyung finally gets up and wipes the tears that were streaming down my face. The pool of tears was still present in his eyes but he managed to keep them in somehow.

I couldn't believe that I almost abandon my child! I had thought that he'd be okay because he still has Taehyung but my view has changed.

~~

After hugging my baby for a very long time and spending time with him, Jimin takes him again and suggested that I should finish my talk with Taehyung. I know that he's correct and soon, Jimin and Jungkook left with Hansung, leaving me alone with Taehyung. I noticed how Jungkook winks at Taehyung before running off with Jimin.

Now that I'm feeling way much better, I felt less afraid of the words that Taehyung would be saying soon. But of course feeling less afraid doesn't mean that I'm not nervous.

"Please give me a chance. I want you to love me. Please try to love me. Please," he pleads.

I couldn't believe what he said. I didn't really expect him to say that. I thought that he'd repeat himself again, telling me to stay.

Then I totally forgot that I haven't told him my feelings. That I love him too. The clueless man in front of me is the man that I am in love with. Well, make your decision Seokjin. Within a full minute, I decide to do what I should've done long ago. I hope that it's finally the right choice.

"Taehyung, I'm not going to try to love you," I said. Taehyung looks taken aback at my words. "Why?" I bring my face closer to his again, seeing the worry in his eyes. "I'm already in love with you," I confessed. The look in his eyes changed and sparkled. It made him even more attractive and charming.

"I don't believe you. It's too good to be true," he said in disbelief, "I thought you didn't like me that way." Since he didn't believe me completely, I decide to prove it to him with actions. Hopefully that will help him. Without wasting any time, I pulled him in.

He tenses up the second my lips made contact with his. But since he felt the same way, he melted into the kiss immediately, bringing his hand up to my face again. 

"I love you," I said through the kiss that we shared. Butterflies fluttered inside my stomach, leaving me breathless. Even with my eyes closed, I could sense Taehyung's smile on my lips. He breaks the kiss, leaving me confused.

Slowly, he gets on one knee...

~~

(Present Time)

The very long flight to America finally came to an end. Taehyung carried a sleeping Hansung out and we went to get our baggage. Once that was done, we got a ride to my parents home.

They were really excited to finally meet my husband and son again. The last time we saw each other was on my wedding. It was one of the best days of my life.

Right now, I can imagine eomma ordering everyone to clean up everything and making sure that my favorite dishes were being prepared. My relatives are probably there too and waiting for me and my own family.

My hand earned a small squeeze from Taehyung. He smiles at me with his unique smile, knowing how happy I am.

Finally, I'll be able to see my parents again.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin's P.O.V.

"Make sure your left arm is still for two beats. You two will have to stay in this position since you're both on the left, okay?" I clarify. The young boys nod and got into positions.

I start the song from the beginning and watched them dance again for the 1000th time. They were obviously exhausted but I'm proud of each of them for keeping their faces from showing it. They are getting better day by day and I'm sure that they'll each have a great path ahead of them.

~~

"Have a wonderful day everyone! Be sure to take care of yourselves," I waved to my young students as they exit the room. Once everyone has left, I grabbed my water bottle and took three gulps.

Practice went pretty well but I could tell that the students were nervous. Who wouldn't be? I mean, the Jeon Jungkook is going to pay a visit at the school. Everyone wanted to do their best to get a good impression.

Jungkook...it's been 2 years since I last saw him:

 (2 years ago)

About a couple weeks after Seokjin decided to come back, Jungkook found something for him. When he came to show me what the news was, I couldn't keep my eyes off of his excited face.

"I think I'm going to audition," he smiled brightly. I knew exactly what he meant. At first, he didn't really want to do it but after I talked to him about it, he reconsidered. 

"Wow! Really?! You're really gonna do it?!" I shout in excitement. He nod and I jumped onto him, hugging him. I felt so proud that he's going to follow his dreams. I can hear him laughing and giggling.

"When?!" I asked in one word. He said that he'll be auditioning in two weeks. Again, I tell him how happy I am.

~~

(4 Weeks Later)

"Jimin! I made it in!" Jungkook almost made me lose my hearing but I didn't care. Jungkook made it! "YES!!!" I cheered and danced around with the phone on speaker. As if Jungkook can see me through the phone, he laughs out, "Jimin, you seem happier than me. It's like you were the one who made it in."

I congratulate him and ask if I should go over to celebrate. Unfortunately, he couldn't due to other things. "Maybe when I have a free day," he suggest. I agreed and soon, the call ended.

Grandma asked me to go pick up her new tea set at her friend's house. She had left it there on accident. With that being said, I got ready and walked to the house which was a couple of blocks away.

As I was walking, the wind was pretty strong. It didn't bother me much until a piece of paper smacks into my face, blocking my vision. Annoyed, I was going to ripped the paper into shreds until a word on it caught my attention.

"Majorelle Dance Academy. Now hiring," I read out loud. Hmm..

"Eh," I throw the paper behind me as I continue walking. It's interesting but I'm not that good at dancing.

~~

I took too long to get grandma's tea set. Her friend, Mrs. Jo offered me drinks, food, and many other things that made me want to stay longer. She tells me how I reminded her of her son when he was younger.

When I finished my cookies, a jazz song starts playing. "Oh, this is one of my favorite songs!" Mrs. Jo gets up and starts dancing. For someone her age, she's healthy and fit. Her dancing seemed pretty impressive.

My eyes follow her every move, especially her feet. It looked so fun and I wanted to join in. Except I didn't really like how clumsy I am.

I applaud when the song ended. "I didn't know you were a dancer," I said in wonder. She explains how she use to dance before. When I tell her how I couldn't dance, she doesn't believe me, "You look like the perfect person for dancing!"

Soon, a ballad song came on and Mrs. Jo pushed me off the chair to teach me some moves. I was embarrassed at first but eventually got use to it. After a few more songs, I got the hang of matching every step with the songs. "Jimin! You're a beautiful dancer! Look at you! You're such a fast learner," she praises and I blush.

The dance was very simple and basic. I actually kind of like moving like this. When the song finished, a knock was heard at the doorway. A young woman who seemed to be a few years older than me stood with an impressed face.

"Haneul, when did you arrive?" Mrs. Jo asked the woman. She smiles, "Since that young man over there started dancing." My face flushed and I turned away, feeling embarrassed again. "I'm a horrible dancer am I?" I chuckled. She raised an eyebrow.

"Horrible? That's not true. From what I just saw, you did pretty well for a first timer," she said. Mrs. Jo then introduced us to each other. The woman, Haneul, is a dance teacher. She talked about her job and focus.

"Hey, my place is actually looking for someone to hire. Maybe you can come by. I'm sure you'll be able to learn dancing quickly then teach it to others with the potential you have. You know the Majorelle Dance Academy right?" she asked. I remember the paper that I saw only a few moments ago. "Yeah."

She gave me a card in case I have any interest in working there.

When I decided that I had stayed over too long, I took the tea set and began my walk home. Should I go there?

~~

I haven't heard from Jungkook for a while. He already started his training so he didn't really have time to talk to me. To be honest, I miss him. But he's only working for his dream and I respect that.

My very first class made their way into the spacious room. After having more exposure to dancing, I learned more and more everyday until I was ready to actually become a teacher. Of course, since I didn't really have an education on dancing for years, I started with a small class with 4 and 5 year olds.

I kept a kind smile on as I introduced myself.

~~

(Present Time)

My water bottle slips out of my hand and rolls away on the floor. I went to pick it up and remembered how I got to this current position.

After being successful with teaching little 4 and 5 year olds, I kept moving up until now. Now I'm currently teaching young 14 and 15 year olds.

Not too long ago, it was announced that Jeon Jungkook will be paying special visits to some dance schools. Our academy happens to one of them and it made the students nervous and excited.

Jungkook had made his debuted only one year ago but is already rising up so fast. He's gaining popularity day by day with his albums and performances. He's gotten more attractive when I first saw him on TV if that's possible and it makes me feel warm and tingly all over for some reason.

Also...I didn't mention how I...I became a fan of Jungkook. That's not surprising at all but the thing is... I really like Jungkook.  I'm not sure if I like the Jungkook I grew up with, the idol Jeon Jungkook, or both. Probably both.

Don't misunderstand things though. I like him, but with no romantic feelings. How can I develop feelings like that when I haven't seen him in such a long time? Am I right?

Oh, well. I guess it'll be nice to see him again. Will he still be the same? Or did he change?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung's P.O.V.

It's morning and I'm still half asleep. With all the things that happened yesterday: eating, dancing, celebrating, playing games, and more, I became so tired. Almost everyone was. Including Seokjin.

I move to sleep on my side and place my arm on the other side of the bed to cuddle with Seokjin but he wasn't there. My eyes were still heavy as I rubbed them to clear my vision. He isn't in the room at all. Maybe he's just checking on Hansung in the room next door.

The morning sunlight brightens the room. I raise my right hand up to block to light and the ring on my finger gleams. Seeing this, I bring the finger to my face to admire it again. This ring will always remain with me no matter what.

Without knowing it, a smile expands on my face, making me look like an idiot. Seokjin's shocked face flashes into my memory, reminding me of the time I proposed:

(2 years ago)

"I love you," Seokjin said through our kiss at the airport. After hearing him tell me his feelings, I remembered the small box in my pocket. I think now is the right time. Seokjin looked confused when I pulled away.

Slowly, I get on one knee...

By the time I was on the ground fully, Seokjin's eyes looked like they were going to pop out due to how surprised he is. The box was taken out and I open it, revealing a blue topaz engagement ring.

Some people passing by stopped once they saw the position that I'm in.

At first, I was planning on getting a normal diamond ring like most people but while researching, I found out that diamonds aren't that as rare and I wanted the ring to be different. Because of that, I decided on getting topaz rings because it is the birthstone of the month we were born in, December.

"Listen, I've told you this before but I'm going to say it again. I love you. So much that I can't imagine how life will be like if I can't see you. We went through many things together. We use to be friends, we fought, and we even had a baby- Gosh, this is so embarrassing to be talking like this in this airport but right now, I want to ask one question....... Will you marry me?" I declared.

Some people gathered around by now, including Jungkook and Jimin. Everyone wanted to know the answer. Yes or no?


Silence

 

Seokjin is frozen all over and he doesn't look like he's breathing. "Seokjin. Seokjin," I said louder to get his attention. He remained still. Did he even hear anything that I said? I was going to get up and shake him to see if he was alright but then...

"Yeah," he breathes out quietly.

"Huh?"

"Yes!" he pounced on me, causing the both of us to tumble backwards, "Of course! Yes!" The few people congratulated us as I slipped the ring onto Seokjin's finger. We stare into each other's eyes and Seokjin's were so soothing and fond that it made me feel so lucky to meet someone like him.

~~

(Present Time)

The turn of the doorknob breaks me away from the flashback. Quickly, I pretend to be sleeping. Peeking through my eyelashes, I can see Seokjin closing the door behind him as he walks to the bed. He shakes my arm gently.

"Tae, wake up," he says. Still pretending to be asleep, I roll over and groan. "Come on. Breakfast is almost ready," he squished my cheeks, playing with my face as if he's trying to mold something out of it. I don't reply.

"Okay then. I guess I'll be sleeping with Hansung from now on," his hands leave my face and his warmth disappears. I know he's just playing with me but I can't help myself as I sat straight up. "No! I'm up! I'm awake!" I stop Seokjin from leaving.

He smirks back at me. "Get ready if you still want me to sleep with you tonight," he teases before exiting the room. I huffed and kick the blanket off as I head to the bathroom to clean up.

Before I can close the door, Hansung cries out, "Dada!" I smiled at the little boy before picking him up, wondering how he even got here. "Morning, Hansung," I kiss him.

"Baby, come back here!" Seokjin slides into the hallway. He stopped when he saw that nothing has happened to Hansung. "Seokjin, you worry too much," I chuckled. He follows me and the baby into the bathroom.

We got ready for the day as a family.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Author's P.O.V.

Everyone fills up the auditorium. Jimin brings his students and keep them together so that he wouldn't lose track of them. When everyone was seated, they stayed slient, knowing what this is about.

Time slowed down for Jimin and a person walks onto the stage, footsteps echoing everytime they land on the flat surface. As Jimin's eyes travel from the person's feet to his face, he holds his breath in.

"Hello, everyone! I'm Jeon Jungkook and it's great to visit..." Jungkook continues his talking with everyone mesmerized by him, definitely including Jimin. He has his mouth open in awe at how Jungkook looked. His features were more defined and working out definitely paid off.

~~

After the short assembly, everyone returned to their rooms. Jungkook didn't leave the school yet but none of the teachers and students knew. Once Jimin's class entered theirs, they continue to practice from where they left off. Jimin examines each student to see if there should be any improvements.

Everyone did well and Jimin didn't even notice Haneul standing at the door. When Jimin did see her, he went over and whispers, "Can I help you?" She smiles and tells him that a special visitor wants to see what's going on.

When the music stops, he gathered the boys and tell them about the visitor. Haneul leaves and a tall man steps in. Everyone went rigid because a celebrity is only a few feet away from them.

"Hello again. If you guys don't mind me interrupting but I'd like to see how the classes are like," Jungkook says sheepishly. Jimin gapes for a while before stuttering, "U-uh, of course! Ha-ha, okay everyone, get to your places."

He knows how nervous his students are so to try to relax them, he tries, "Remember to have fun okay? Also display emotions. You guys are the best." A few swallowed and others nodded. "Thanks, Mr. Park."

~~

Jimin allowed a 10 minute break and the students left to get water and use the bathrooms. Some approached Jungkook for a few minutes, asking him questions and such before leaving.

Jimin went to organize some things when he felt eyes on him. He looks back and Jungkook stares at him. Ah, great. The atmosphere is awkward since Jimin didn't really know how to talk to Jungkook.

'Should I go and say, "Hey Jungkook! Long time no see!" or hug him or just act like I don't know him?' Jimin questions in his mind. He felt stupid and didn't notice Jungkook heading closer to him.

Jimin jumps a little when Jungkook places his hand on his shoulder.

The idol tilts his head, a few strands of hair falling onto his forehead. The dance teacher looked like the Jimin he knew and he just wanted to be sure if he's correct or not. Last time he saw Jimin, he didn't really have any interest in dancing. His hand sent sparks throughout the teacher's body.

"Mr. Park.......Are you Park Jimin?"

___________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: I just learned that some people choose to wear their wedding rings on their right hand. And yeah, this chapter is a time skip as you guys can see. Tell me what you thought about this chapter! Thank you!!!