Chapter 4

Bickering Love

Chapter 4

Ella started checking the bag.

“Isn’t this yours?” (Jerry asked confused) “But, it’s the only bag in there and it was beside you”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, there’s no one left there beside you and this bag”

“Then, who’s that idiot who grab my bag?” (Ella frowned and checks any identification inside the bag) “I really have been so unlucky since I arrived in Brunei”

“I thought you loved it? You’ve been going out by yourself frequently when we are there, even at night”

“Right, but! That guy! Since I met that guy…he’s really a bad luck” (Ella shakes her head remembering Chun)

“Who? The one who broke your camera? the one you fought with at the taxi? The one in the hospital? Or the one at study center?”

“Aiyo! All of them”

(Jerry laughs) “Aren’t you being a war-freak lately?”

“Only with him, I mean, that person at the hospital, with the taxi, at the study center and the one who broke my precious camera is the same. He’s really annoying”

FLASHBACK

*Taxi incident
Ella wanted to take some pictures with the night lights on in the streets so she went out, when she was tired she decided to take a taxi and go back to the hotel. Meanwhile, Chun needed to go to the hospital because of his grandmother who was hospitalized. His car broke down and he’s in a hurry because it’s past dinner time already, his grandmother needs to take the medicine and she won’t do it unless he’s there, so he decided to take a cab, he called home to pick up his car.

“Hey! I hailed it first” (Ella protested when both she and Chun holds the door of the taxi)

“Miss, I was the one who called it”

“No, it was me”

“Look, Miss, I’m really in a hurry right now”

“I’m also in a hurry” (Ella insisted, she wanted to go to the hotel badly to take some rest)

“Are you two going to ride or not” (the driver interrupted)

“Where are you going? We can share the cab” (Chun asked Ella, it would be a great idea since there are few taxi passing by in that area and he must go to the hospital quickly. Chun tried to enter the car but Ella grabbed his shoulder and pulled him)

“No! I don’t want to share it, especially to you. I remember you, you’re the one who broke my cam” (Ella protested)

"Look, I already apologized for what had happened before, if you want I can replace your camera just so you'd feel better"

"You think I can't afford to buy another one?" (Chun's getting annoyed already. The lady has some temper and he's trying to control his)

"Lady, that's not what I meant. It's just so worrisome that it feels like I owe something when in fact it was an accident, I was just trying to help you so you won't get hurt"

"Do I look like a child who doesn't know how to take care of myself?!"

“Go look for another cab, aiyo! these people!” (the driver commented before leaving. They both ended up waiting there for 30 minutes)
***

*Hospital incident

Ella rushed to the hospital as soon as she got the call that Jerry got in a car accident. She was running inside and didn’t notice Chun standing at the hallway so she bumped into him.

“It’s you again! Could you be careful” (Ella agitatedly scolds Chun)

“You’re the one who bumped me” (Chun defended)

“And it feels like I hit a wall”
(Chun was so amused by the lady, how come it is always his fault? She’s really troublesome)

“Ji Zun” (Chun grandmother called him keeping his attention to talked back at Ella. Chun, quickly go to his grandmother who just came out of the room for the x-ray. His grandmother accidentally falls down from the stairs)

“Let’s go” (Chun pushed away his grandmother’s wheelchair)

“Who is she? Did you brought you’re girlfriend here in Brunei secretly?” (Chun’s grandmother asked teasingly)

“Of course not! You’re the reason why I’m here and I don’t like puppy that growls” (referring to Ella as he describe her as puppy looking with tiger’s attitude)

(Ella heard it and wanted to shout at Chun when she saw Jerry and their friends)

“What happened?”

“Nothing serious, just a minor accident. The driver didn’t see me crossing luckily I have a great reflex. Let’s go back and take some rest”
***

*At the study center

Chun wanted to visit his cousin, Rainie, who works at the study center before he goes back to Taiwan. He’s really fond of her since he’s an only child and she’s like a little sister to him. He’s walking around when he noticed that his shoe lace is untied. Ella’s busy taking pictures while walking, accidentally tripping of to Chun.

“Aw” (Chun quickly helped Ella stands up)

“Are you alright?”

“It’s you again!?” (both Chun and Ella exclaimed)

“You’re rowdy for a girl, or are you not (a girl)?” (Chun leans towards Ella and looked at the way she dressed. Ella’s more comfy wearing just jeans, shirt and sneakers. She has neither make-up nor accessories, she finds it bothersome)

“What?!” (Ella holds her fist)

“El, let’s go!” (Jerry called Ella’s attention)

(Ella sighs) “I better get going, before I get unlucky” (Ella immediately moves away from Chun and go to Jerry)

“Who’s that?” (Jerry asked)

“Oh, the annoying guy I was telling you about. We better go before he ruins my day”

“Hey, handsome man” (Rainie smiling called Chun, runs towards him and hugs him) “I’ve missed you” (Rainie noticed
Chun looking at Ella) “Who is she?”

“How are you? I don’t know her. Let’s go. Give me some stories”
*** -END

Here it is” (Ella found Chun’s wallet. Chun’s grandmother’s picture’s there)

“Hmm, I guess you won’t be saying that she’s an idiot” (Jerry also looks at the picture, before leaning back to his seat and closes his eyes)

“Aiyo! she definitely don’t own this back pack” (Ella looked for an identification card) “Wu Ji Zun?” (Ella read it out)
***