Chapter 16

Bickering Love

Chapter 16

“Chun? What are you doing here?” (Ella asked surprised seeing Chun)

“Let me send you off” (Chun guided Ella to his car)
(Ella chuckled) “It’s been so long since someone send me off; even Gui Gui’s used to it”

“Aren’t you worried at all?”

“I didn’t do any wrong. Everything’s going to be fine. Hmm…Are you worried?” (Ella smiled naughtily)

“I’m…I’m…I’m just used to having you around and it feels like I’m sending off a little brother who’s not going to return for a long long time”

“What!? little brother?! Yah! Wu Zun!” (Ella protested. Chun laughs) “You’re supposed to be encouraging me. You really don’t have eyes for pretty ladies like me. I bet your girlfriends were all ugly” (Ella pouts)

“Alright, alright. Stop pouting. We’re here”

“Don’t come inside. Someone might recognize you; I don’t want to be trampled by some aggressive teenagers. You should stop mesmerizing those kids, you’re already old” (Ella taunted)

“When did I do that? I’m just naturally charming. They can’t resist me”

(Ella jokingly puked) "I’ll be going” (Ella opened the car door and go out. Chun rolls down the car’s window)

“Wait!” (Chun grabbed something from the back seat and handed it to Ella. It was a tiger stuffed toy)

“Let the tiger eat that Vivian alive. Be back and call me as soon as you arrive there, give me updates” (Chun said before going)
***

“Gui Gui, How’s the preparation for the fashion show tomorrow?” (Uncle Li asked Gui Gui. It will be the closing celebration for the week-long anniversary celebration of their company)

“We’ll be holding the event in the evening Uncle” (Gui Gui answered)

“Has your sister called? It’s been three days already. Is she really won’t be attending Jerry and Ruby’s wedding? I’m just wondering, Jerry and Ruby are both her bestfriends. They will be disappointed for sure.”

“Sister Ruby’s so distress about that but Brother Jerry’s been siding with Sister when Sister Ruby argued with her. I don’t what’s with those two and no one wins arguing with Sister anyway” (Gui Gui smiled)

“Just inform me if she calls, I’ll be leaving tonight, I’m going to Singapore. I’ll see you at the wedding. Good luck tomorrow. I know you’ll be great”
***

“Hey! Chun, stop staring that poor hand phone, it will melt soon. Do you think she’ll call if you stare that for the whole day?” (Calvin said when they noticed that Chun’s still looking at his cellphone. He’s been staring that the whole morning. They’re at the recording studio)

“She might be busy” (Aaron added. Chun sighs)

“What are you so worried about? It’s not as if she’s going in a warzone” (Jiro remarked)

“Why don’t you ask Gui Gui if Ella called her” (Calvin suggested)

“Hmm. I have a better idea. Aaron, why don’t you go and ask Gui Gui if Ella called” (Jiro said teasingly)

“Do I look like someone with no better things to do?!”

“Bro, have pity on Chun will you”

“He can call Gui Gui then” (Aaron said snobbishly)

“His phone’s malfunctioning; you can’t have any outgoing calls” (Jiro quickly answered)

“You can call her or Calvin can call her” (Aaron argued)

“I didn’t brought my phone” (Jiro answered)

“My phone’s exclusively for Hebe only” (Calvin said. Jiro and Calvin pushed Aaron to the door. Chun’s still quiet)
“Just go!” (Calvin whispered to Aaron)
***

Gui Gui pushing a huge pot of plant near the runway. They’re preparing for the fashion show later when pair of hands picks it up. Gui Gui looked and saw Aaron.

“Where will I put this?” (Aaron asked looking at her. Gui Gui points where it should be place surprised by Aaron’s attitude)

“Are you arranging those as well?” (Aaron points the other pots. Gui Gui nodded. Aaron starts lifting them. Aaron ended up helping Gui Gui do things until everything’s set)

“Hmm, why are you being suddenly kind to me?” (Gui Gui asked Aaron suspiciously)

“Do you have some time? I need to ask you something” (Aaron asked and looks around. There are some who’s been throwing glances at him)

(Gui Gui stifle a laugh when she saw Aaron’s awkward expression. He’s sweating and he looks so tired)

“Alright, I still have some time. Let’s go somewhere. Wait here for a while”

(They went to Gui Gui’s office)
“Here” (Gui Gui hands a paper bag to Aaron. Aaron looks just looks at it) “Go on and change” (Aaron accepted it and went to the bathroom)

“You designed all of these?” (Aaron asked looking at all the designs glued on the wall and some mannequins wearing clothes)

“Yes! Why?”

“I didn’t think you’re good in anything except being a crazy stalker” (Aaron commented, he’s impressed at Gui Gui works)

(Gui Gui glare at Aaron) “And what do you mean by that? You might be surprise, I’m pretty talented” (Gui Gui boast)

“You sure are…in being foolish”

(Gui Gui scowl at him) “Just tell me why you are here and leave before I’ll throw you out”

(Aaron silent for a while) “I’m just going to ask you, did Ella call?”

(Gui Gui frowned) “Why are you asking that? In any chance…do you like my sister?”

“If that’s the case, I don’t see any problem”

“No! You can’t!” (Gui Gui quickly reacts. She’s surprised by her own reaction)

“Why?” (Aaron smiled widely) “Hmm, don’t tell me you’re getting jealous?”

“Of course not! But…but, How could you be my brother-in-law?! It’s going to be the end of the world” (Gui Gui said defensively. Her imagination runs wildly, thinking that if Ella married Aaron then she’ll have to see him often)

“I don’t want to be your brother-in-law either, aren’t you thinking of things too fast? But well, you’re sister’s one of the coolest girl I’ve ever met, any guy would like her marry her” (Aaron said remembering Chun)

“You’re not my sister’s type” (Gui Gui grimace)

“There are ways to make girls falls in love with a guy” (Aaron answered mysteriously) “I realyy like Ella” (Aaron added walking to the door) “for Chun” (he murmured to himself smiling)

(Gui Gui looks at the door wondering why she’s feeling like somebody’s squeezing her heart)
***

It was Jerry and Ruby’s wedding. It suddenly became a star-studded event because of Ruby’s model friends and FRH with Selina who attended the event.

“Oh, you’re so beautiful Sister Ruby” (Gui Gui praised her. They’re at the bride’s room. Ruby’s other friends just went out when they arrived)

“Are you nervous?” (Selina asked curiously. Ruby nodded)

“Congratulations!” (Ella appeared at the door)

“Ella!” (Everyone was surprised. Ella approached them and hugs Ruby)

“I thought you’re really not coming” (Ruby said pouting)

“How can I do that to you and Jerry” (Ella said consoling her)

“Sister, we need to hurry. Change your clothes” (Gui Gui said hurriedly. Ella’s just wearing her normal attire, jeans and shirts with her back pack on. She just arrived a while ago. Someone knocks at the door informing that the maid of honor and the bride are needed in their position)

“No need, we don’t have time. And you look pretty in that. The most important thing is that I’m here. Let’s go!” (Ella answered to Gui Gui before assisting Ruby to go out. They saw the wedding planner looking tensed)

“What’s wrong?” (Ruby asked)

“Ahm, Miss Ruby. We just have a little problem with the accompaniment for your wedding march”

“No, problem, my bestfriend here can sing”

“What? Ruby, no!” (Ella protested)

“C’mon, Ella do this for me. You can’t say no this time, you already turned me down not being my maid of honor”

(Ella ended up singing in her jeans and shirt while Ruby’s marching to her groom. Chun’s looking at Ella the whole time. Gui Gui catched the bouquet and it was time for the garter throwing)

“Please let it be Chun” (Gui Gui prayed, closing her eyes. She heard the applause, someone caught it. Gui Gui opens her eyes to see that Aaron’s holding the garter in his right hand)
***