Chapter 30

Bickering Love

Chapter 30

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!” (Aaron exclaimed desperatety at Calvin. They weren’t able to catch Ella and Gui Gui. The plane just flew when they arrived. When his dad heard the news, he just nodded at him knowingly and even volunteered to take them to the airport. Luckily there are no reporters outside since Selina already announce that he’ll be having an interview tomorrow to clarify things)

“Chun…” (Calvin acknowledges Chun who runs towards them. He immediately call Calvin as soon as he knew about Ella and Gui Gui’s flight)

“We’re so sorry about this Aaron. I already talked to Ella before I left and she said she’ll leave the decision to Gui Gui I never thought that Gui Gui would want to go and I know that Ella’s scheduled flight’s four days from now” (Chun explained)

“It’s better if we go home first, we’re attracting attention here” (Aaron’s dad suggested. The three look around and notice that the crowd’s starting to glance at them frequently so decided to leave)

“You should have told me!” (Aaron shouted angrily) “You’re just like that, you’ll do everything just to please Ella while she’s doing everything her way” (Aaron yelled)

“Aaron!” (his dad exclaimed reprimanding him)

“Aaron, Chun already talked to Ella to let you and Gui Gui solved your own problems, it’s Gui Gui decision to leave and don’t pass your frustrations to Chun, what’s wrong if he’s always giving ways for Ella, he loves her, don’t you want to do the same thing for Gui Gui?” (Calvin butts in. Aaron fell silent)

“I’m sorry bro” (Aaron whispered)

“It’s alright, I know the feeling. It already happened to me when Ella tried to leave me” (Chun said calmly)
***

“If a reporter didn’t see you at the airport I wouldn’t know you took a flight earlier than you’ve told me” (Chun said irritatedly while talking to Ella in the phone. He’s on his doorstep at his pad to change clothes, he’s planning to see Ella and asked how Gui Gui’s doing when his reporter friend called him asking if he and Ella broke up since he saw her at the airport and then he noticed the note at his door, he immediately asked his friend if Ella’s alone to confirm what Ella had written then he immediately called Calvin to informed Aaron)

“It’s not my fault that I couldn’t get through your phone and I left a note in your pad. I was trying to call you so many times that my fingers could be numb” (Ella argued) “And you already knew I was going to New York”

“But how about Aaron and Gui Gui? You know Aaron’s planning to settle things, I already told you that” (Chun said exasperated)

“It was Gui Gui’s decision to leave early as scheduled not mine” (Ella stubbornly answered)

“And I guess it’s because you didn’t tell her about Aaron’s plan” (Chun so frustrated)

“Aaron’s just too slow. She doesn’t want to talk him or anything about him. She needs peace, away from all those malicious and non-stop rumors” (Ella reasoned out)

“Can you stop being meddlesome?”

“I’m not! I’m just making sure that my sister will be happy. I never see Gui Gui this quiet and sad before. If only he’s just like you I know my sister will always be in bliss, you’ll do everything even if it means losing your career just to make her happy” (Ella said sadly)

“Hey! It sounds as if you’d rather have me as your brother-in-law and not your boyfriend” (Chun teased)

“Can you do that?” (Ella beamed) “It won’t be hard to make her fall inlove with you, she liked you before”

“That’s ridiculous! Aiyo! Ella, you’re so crazy, can you stop those insane ideas, and we love each other, don’t we? Why are you always trying to walk away from me?” (Chun sighs, those two sisters are really crazy. Both of them have some ridiculous ideas in mind. But it made them more lovable, they’ll do anything for each other; he can’t help but love Ella more. He bet Aaron feels the same way and both of them need to prepare for more of Ella and Gui Gui’s ridiculousness)

“I was just thinking…” (Ella trailed off)

“Stop thinking!” (Chun said amused) “I’m just like this because it’s you, because I love you. I’m a disciplinarian when it comes to other people but with you, I just wanted you to do things that make you happy but please go home fast, I miss you. Don’t make it hard for Aaron if one of these days he show up there because he’s going insane missing Gui Gui” (Chun said smiling. He wanted to go and see Ella)
***

“Hey!” (Penny sits beside Aaron. Aaron let out a heavy sigh) “C’mon brother, you can do better than that. Mom and Dad are so worried, it’s very rare that you can have some time here with us and there you go. You look so wasted. I’m beginning to dislike her, how can she put away your smiles, you’ve never been like that with your exes” (Penny joked. Aaron remained silent, he look like he’s going to cry) “But I guess she’s just like you” (Penny whispered remembering Gui Gui’s face when she stormed out of the hospital that day)

“No wonder Ella hates me, Gui Gui probably cried a lot so she decided to take Gui Gui away. She’s a cry baby” (Aaron said sadly but smiled remembering Gui Gui)

“Then why don’t you dry her tears yourself instead of letting her sister to that” (Penny said winking at him, Aaron looked at her as if she had given him back his life. Penny tapped his shoulders) “I’ll go arrange everything, just go to sleep. You need some resting to do; you don’t want to look so haggard facing her, right?”

(Penny smiled; Aaron hugged her tightly and kissed her cheeks loudly) “Thank you”
***

Aaron arrived in his scheduled interview/conference the following day thirty minutes late. Penny already booked his flight; he’s going to go to New York. He saw Jiro and Selina in a corner. He wondered if Jiro succeeded in wooing Selina again since he’s always around these days. He walked staightly to the microphone.

“I just wanted to thank everyone who prayed for my recovery and for those who are here today. I wanted to thank my fans for always supporting me and loving me all these years but just like everyone else I am human, I can feel emotions, I feel happy, sad, angry, tired and I also fall inlove. I have feelings too. And for the record, yes, I have a girlfriend. I love her so much and I’m going to be with her until my last breathe” (He said before leaving the area immediately. Penny’s waiting outside, his going to the airport now)

“Let’s go!” (Jiro held Selina’s hand tighly and run outside. They need to control the crowd so they won’t chase Aaron)
***

(Gui Gui smiled looking at the designs she just created. It will surely fit Aaron. She missed him so much, she can now clearly think. She’ll be going back home with Ella after Ella’s work’s done in New York and reconcile with Aaron. It’s his fault for making her fall inlove with him, now; he has no choice but to take her and she’ll be around him whether he likes it or not . Remembering those times with Aaron makes her happy, back then Aaron would always find time to be with her even if he’s beat to tiredness, she knows that he loves her and if he’s asking for time, she’ll give it to him. She has no grudge with the fans, she’s a fan as well, she knows the feeling. She smiled remembering her crazy stalking of Chun where she met Aaron but that Sheena, she’ll surely give that witch a lesson)

“Finally, you’re smiling” (Ken gave her a cup of coffee) “I thought I would never see you smile again. What? Don’t look at me like that, it’s true. For the years that we’ve been friends I never see you like that as if some aliens have abducted your soul. You’re not just good in hiding your feelings”

(Gui Gui chuckled) “Hmm…abduction. Not a bad idea” (Gui Gui grinned at Ken. Ken laughs)

“So you’ve finally reconciled?” (Ken noticed the designs in the table) “These are beautiful, you’re really talented”

“Not yet, but we will be. Ahm, Ken, I might not able to be here until the show. But I’ll surely finish the designs you need before I go home” (Gui Gui said apologetically)

“Hmm, too bad I was just going to ask you to be with me” (Gui Gui choke on her coffee)

“Hey, I was just kidding” (Ken stokes her back and laughs) “Although it’s not a bad idea, I really like you”

“You like every girl. You’re such a playboy” (Gui Gui said. Ken chuckled. It’s not once that he tried to flirt with her before, but Gui Gui just remained his good friend)

“Seriously, I wanted to offer you a job here which I think is not a good idea” (His voice trailed off as he saw Aaron a few meters away from them. He looks jealous and unsure. Gui Gui followed his gaze)

(Aaron already talked to Ella to know where Gui Gui is, he asked for Chun’s help. Chun came with him in New York, he just left the two arguing about their schedules, he hurriedly went to see Gui Gui) “Should I punch him for you?” (Ken said teasing)

“No need” (Gui Gui runs towards Aaron and hugged him. Aaron was surprised at first before hugging her tightly)

“Oh, God. I miss you” (Aaron whispered)

“I miss you more” (Gui Gui said burying her face to Aaron’s chest. She cried)

“Not angry anymore?” (Aaron asked. Gui Gui just shaked her head. Aaron lift up her face and dried her tears) “Cry baby” (He said before claiming her lips for a tender kiss)

“Uherm” (Ken called their attention. The two immediately ended the kiss, but Aaron keeps Gui Gui close to him, he passively put his arm around Gui Gui’s waist) “I don’t have the chance to introduce myself the last time, I was in a hurry when I visit Gui Gui before, I’m Ken” (Ken friendly offer for a handshake)

“I’m Aaron, Gui Gui’s boyfriend” (Aaron said politely)

“So I heard” (Ken said smiling) “I guess you two had a lot of things to talk about, I’m leaving. By the way please let Gui Gui stay for a while and don’t bring her back home immediately I still need her for the show, her designs are not yet complete but I know she can finish it immediately especially now” (Ken said smiling. The two are already cuddling each other when he return to ask Gui Gui) “Gui Gui, where’s your sister? I’m hungry, I wanted some company to eat and you’re unavailable”

“Chun’s here” (Aaron whispered to Gui Gui)

“Don’t even think about it Ken, she’s unavailable either. My soon to be brother-in-law’s here” (Gui Gui said grinning)

“Go ask Barbie to dine with you” (Gui Gui said. Barbie’s Ken
childhood friend/buddy/secretary that he’s secretly inlove with)
***

“You didn’t tell me you we’re coming” (Ella reasoned out. Chun was all set to stay in New York for the next three days while she was set to go to California tomorrow)

“And you didn’t tell me the changes in your schedule either” (Chun said disappointed)

“It’s because Mr. Washington just told me earlier” (Ella said frustratedly. She badly wanted to stay for Chun but it was a sudden and urgent decision made earlier in the company and she already agreed to it. She can’t request Chun to come with her since she won’t be able to pay attention to him there, she’s going to busy running around town)

(Chun sighs, they’ve been arguing for almost an hour already. It started with Gui Gui and Aaron case again and now their timetable) “Can’t you even delay it for a day?”

“Chun, I can’t” (Ella sighs frustratedly)

“Forget I asked, your job is your first priority and then Gui Gui. When will I be your top priority Ella?” (Chun said sadly)

“Chun…”

“I’ll take the earliest flight available tomorrow”
***