Chapter 10

Bickering Love

Chapter 10

It was the last day of the photo shoot. Jerry offered to send Gui Gui home since he needed to talk to Ella.

“Wait here. I’ll go get the car” (Jerry left)

“I guess you liking Chun much won’t bother your fiancée since he himself got another girl” (Aaron looked at Gui Gui. Gui Gui looked at him confused) “I just saw him leave with another girl the last time”

(Gui Gui thinks for a while then smiled) “Oh, the girl with the short hair?” (Gui Gui asked to confirmed what she thought. Aaron didn’t say anything. He just stood beside Gui Gui, he’s waiting for the car as well)

“That’s his other woman. Don’t worry about me, it’s alright. I still have Chun” (Gui Gui answered when he remembered that Chun went to the set the last time) “Right! Let me ask you, did Chun went to visit you last time?” (Aaron stays quiet)

“Hey!”

“Why do I have to answer that?”

(Gui Gui glare at Aaron)

“He’s busy, we’re in a hurry and he’s my friend. I don’t him to be entangled to your complicated love life” (Aaron made an excuse, he doesn’t know but he doesn’t like the idea of Gui Gui meeting Chun)

“You’re not jealous, aren’t you? Don’t tell me you like me already?” (Gui Gui ) “Let me tell you I won’t like you” (Gui Gui spurned)

(Jerry returned. Gui Gui hopped in the car)

“Do you need a ride Aaron?” (Jerry asked)

“No, thank you. The service’s here” (Aaron answered politely. His service vehicle’s just behind Jerry’s car)

“I’ll see you then after three days”
***

“Why are you meeting him? He doesn’t need to see the photos. The company will choose” (Gui Gui asked Jerry)

“I’m meeting with all of them, including Chun and the other guys for the magazine photo shoot next month. They’re planning on releasing a photo-album inspired type of magazine. The whole issue will feature all of them. It’s the one I told you”

“Really?!” (Gui Gui excitedly said) “Can I come?”

“I’m afraid, you can’t for the moment. It’s still not yet finalized and you’re busy preparing for the launching” (Gui Gui sighs) “You can come once we started shooting alright?”

(Gui Gui’s semi-pacified. She really needs to focus on the upcoming launching) “What are you going to talk with Sister?”

“I’m going to ask your Sister’s help for that. She has experience in that field, her company already released the same concept before but it features historical places in Greece, she also has experienced in editing and even writing articles”

“Hey, you seem to know more about my Sister than I do”

“She’s my sister as well. Ella and I have been friends for decades. The only difference is that you both came from the same womb” (Jerry smiled)

“I really think the three of us were really really close siblings in our past life” (Gui Gui chuckled. Jerry’s always been the big brother they never had who’s always supporting her and Ella especially when they lost their parents)

“You need to help me convince your Sister, alright. I wanted her to stay for my wedding and you said you also want her to stay until your birthday. We have to make her stay this time” (Jerry’s a little worried for Ella since she’s planning to go to Afghanistan this time)

“No problem”
***

“C’mon, Ella help me, alright?” (Jerry’s trying to convince Ella)

“No!” (Ella said firmly)

“Sister, C’mon. Brother Jerry rarely asks for your help, help him please” (Gui Gui also pleaded)

(Ella pinched Gui Gui’s nose) “You have a hidden agenda for this, right?”

“Just think of this as your advance wedding present to me, alright. I need this, I’m still going to be busy for the wedding so I need your help” (Jerry pleads)

“Why did you take it if you knew you’d be busy for the wedding?”

“I think it will be fun” (Ella eyed Jerry suspiciously)

“I already have my next project”

“You can always turn that down since you don’t have any contract with them” (Jerry argued)

“But I wanted to do it” (Ella answered)

“Ella…” (Jerry suddenly turns so serious) “I know you always wanted adventure, to try new things, to travel, but can you please stand in our shoes? It’s alright if you’re just going in other country but not there. You know you’re always important to me, I cared for you and Gui Gui, the two of you are my family” (Jerry comes from a broken family, he’s been living by himself since high school)

(Ella and Gui Gui laughs while watching Jerry) “Hey, I’m being serious” (Jerry complained)

“You’re always been so serious buddy” (Ella commented and put her arms around his shoulders) “Alright, I’ll do it. So stop worrying old man”

“You sounded just like dad” (Gui Gui commented before throwing herself to her sister and Jerry for a hug)
***

“Selina, this is Ella” (Jerry introduced the ladies)

“Oh, we’ve met” (Selina said surprised. Jerry looked at her. Jerry and Selina became friends in an instant when they’ve met) “One time at the coffee shop, she accidentally bumped into Chun” (Selina explained, Jerry chuckled when Ella’s expression become a little sour)

“Anyway, let me formally introduce myself” (Selina turns to Ella again) Hello, I’m Selina, we’ve meet again. I’m the FRH manager and these are Aaron, Calvin, Jiro and Chun”

“Ella…are you Ella the international photographer?” (Calvin asked. Ella looked surprised; she has maintained a low profile since she started her career. There are local and international media that wanted to have her information but she maintained to be unseen, people can see her name but not her photos, although in her profession she’s quiet famous. Calvin’s dad loves to read business magazines and has interest in infrastructures. Ella nodded to Calvin’s question)

“The one who wrote ‘the beauty of Egypt’ in reader’s digest” (Aaron also asked in awed. Calvin have shown that article to them one time since it was said that the author and photographer came from their country, Calvin’s dad even complained why the writer didn’t write any other discussing their own country)

“Yes, that’s her” (Jerry answered) “I hope it’s alright with you guys that I brought her along. Actually, Selina, I came to discuss something. I asked for Ella’s help. One of the companies she’s working abroad had already done the same concept, although it focuses mainly about infrastructures. Ella also has experienced in writing and editing as well as she had travelled a lot so she has met quiet a number of people. I think she can suggest some more concepts and she’s musically inclined, you said this photo-magazine would be in preparation for the FRH’s next album, so I thought she’ll be a great help”

“Jerry, are you trying to sell me off” (Ella complained)

(Selina smiled) “No problem at all”
***

(Ella’s talking happily with Jiro, Calvin and Aaron. Aaron instantly likes Ella although he still thought that she’s Jerry’s other girlfriend and Ella and Jerry seems to fit perfectly in his observation. Jerry chuckled when he saw Chun sighs who’s sitting quietly beside him while looking at Ella)

“She’s pretty cool for a lady, doesn’t she?” (Jerry commented) “She easily blends with people, I heard from Ella that you’ve met “

“And it’s not always in a good situation”

“She just has a temper sometimes. Don’t worry; she’ll get it over soon”

(Chun sighs again) “I just wonder why she’s so mad at me. All the things that happened, those were just an accident and I already said I’m sorry the first time” (Chun’s worried that now he and Ella would work, they need to be working harmoniously. He’s not used when someone’s that mad at him)

Selina appeared, she went out for a while earlier due to a phone call) “Someone’s looking for you” (Selina said to Jerry)

“Hello” (Gui Gui appeared happily at the door. Ella and Jerry smiled)

“Just as I thought” (Ella said shaking her head)

“You never listen, do you?” (Jerry smiled at her adoringly)
(Gui Gui quickly approached Chun and stared at him. Chun, Calvin and Jiro looked at her, astonished)

“Could you behave, lady” (Ella said. Gui Gui pouts and goes to Jerry. Aaron scoffs.)

“Alright” (Jerry smiled) “Aaron , Selina, both of you already know this cute lady” (Jerry turns to Jiro, Calvin and Chun) “This is Gui Gui, she’s the one Aaron’s currently working with at Star Line Clothing” (Jerry looked at Gui Gui who is still looking at Chun) “As you know, these are Jiro, Calvin and Chun” (Gui Gui quickly approached Chun again and offered a handshake) “She’s a die-hard fan of you, Chun” (Jerry explained)

“Another devoted girl for your list, Chun” (Jiro and Calvin commented)

“Yeah, to the point of crazily stalking him, though she’s not really in the status where she can do that” (Aaron nastily commented. Gui Gui glare at him)

“Aiyo, would you give me some face, lady” (Ella complained. Gui Gui turns to her sister)

“Sis, I’m finally meeting him” (Gui Gui happily hugs Ella.
Jiro, Selina, Calvin and Jerry laughs. Gui Gui’s just so adorable)

“They’re sisters?” (Aaron asked)

“Oh, I forgot. Gui Gui is Ella’s younger sister” (Jerry answered. Gui Gui winks at Aaron)
***