Chapter 24

Bickering Love

Chapter 24

“I missed you, you’re so naughty, and why didn’t you inform me earlier?”

“And you’re always grumpy; you’re going to be an old man in no time” (Ella beamed) “Let’s go before someone recognizes you, I don’t want your fans yanking my hair” (Ella smiled. He pulled her to put his arms around her shoulders)

“They probably think you’re one of the boys (Aaron, Jiro and Calvin) afar” (Chun said grinning, looking at her)
“Although, you’re a bit shorter”

“Yah! And you still have the mood to joke around; your explanations must be good”

“What am I going to explain?” (Chun asked acting innocent, his eyes smiling. Ella’s eyes narrowed, looking at him intently) “It’s just work, I didn’t know you could be this jealous”

“That’s not what I’m talking about! So cuddling in the corner with your leading lady during break is part of your work? ” (Ella glare remembering the time she went to the filming site, she was going to the airport, she already left a note for Chun but still decided to drop by to see him but she saw him happily chatting with the female leading lady, the girl’s even holding and swaying his hand, she even kissed him on the cheek, she was really mad but didn’t had the chance to talk to him since the director call them for the filming)

(Chun scratched his head, Charlotte, his leading lady is a very close friend of him and she’s just too sweet to everybody. That day, she was just so happy and thankful, she’s asking for his help regarding her boyfriend) “We better go home, Gui Gui’s waiting at home, she’s preparing the table”

“And you think the food can divert my thoughts?”

(Chun chuckled) “It’s just the way she is, nothing to worry about” (Ella’s stomach growl) “C’mon we better go and you don’t want the reporters crowding you if someone recognizes me here right?” (He’s thinking of introducing Ella to Charlotte)

(Ella glare at him) “I don’t care about the reporters at this time”

“My fans” (Chun added)

“Neither” (Ella said still glaring at him)

“Suddenly being so brave and open” (Chun smiled, someone near them keeps staring at Chun, she’s about to approached them when Ella notice her and pulled Chun to go out)

“And I thought you’re ready to face them all” (Chun chuckled)

“As if you’re going to publicly announce I’m your girlfriend” (Ella said pouting)

“It’s just because I know you hate the limelight, if you want I can even announce it here”

“And instantly gain anti-fans, no thanks, I still love my privacy. I don’t want to tarnish the times we’re together”

(Chun pulled her closer to him and kissed her hair. He doesn’t want that either, they time they spent together is very precious to him. He doesn’t want that their every movement be in the newspaper)
***

“You two are not cheating on me right?” (Aaron asked grinning at Gui Gui’s office door. Chun’s talking to Gui Gui about his birthday)

“I’m seducing him so you better go out; you haven’t read the notice on the door? It said, do not disturb” (Gui Gui teased)

(Chun stands to leave) “I’m counting on you little sister”
(Chun said before leaving, tapping Aaron’s shoulder when he’s near the door)

“What are you two talking about?” (Aaron asked curiously)

“Chun’s asking my help for his birthday, he’s planning to surprise Ella on his birthday, isn’t he sweet?” (Gui Gui commented dreamily)

(Aaron hits her lightly) “Hey!...”

“Jealous?” (Gui Gui teased)

“You wish! I know you’re head over heels inlove with me” (Aaron said smugly, Gui Gui pouts)

“Conceited, you fell inlove with me first!” (Gui Gui insisted) “How’s your last day of filming?”

“Finally, it’s over. I can spend more time with you” (Aaron smiled and hugs her) “I miss you”

“I don’t like Sheena (Aaron’s leading lady) at all” (Aaron looked at her)

“She still likes you, I can feel it, I can see the way she looks at you and she’s acting like your girlfriend whenever you two are together” (Gui Gui pouts)

“That’s not true; we’re just acting for the film. We’ve been friends so we’re very comfortable with each other. Do you want to have some vacation?” (Aaron asked soothing her)

(Gui Gui sighs) “You still have promotions to do. When can I go out with you freely?”

“I’m so sorry about this, I promise to make it up to you after this movie. I’ll talk to Selina”

“Your company is just too old fashioned or should I say Sheena’s just still so into you that everyone thinks you two are together now” (Gui Gui said frowning, it was known that Sheena liked Aaron before when they had a previous drama)

“If I like her I should have courted her even before, I even tried to date…” (Aaron explained)

“Well… that’s true, you even liked that Arielle. But really that Sheena’s getting on my nerves already”

(Aaron just hugged her and kissed her gently)
***

“Chun” (Selina said worriedly)

“What?”

“Here!” (Selina gave him a copy of a newspaper, with Chun and Ella on the cover, his right hand on Ella’s shoulder and his left hand pulling her right hand. It looks like he’s forcing Ella. It’s another angle in the airport)

(Chun laughs) “It looks funny luckily Ella’s still unrecognizable in this one, she’ll freak out if she’s clearly seen, she really looks like a boy in this picture. But why are they always capturing our side views?” (Chun said uncaring. He’s been in the newspaper for so many days now since Ella’s arrival. The first one’s the day after Ella’s arrival; luckily he was always covering her in the pictures. The reporters mind are just too wide, they have been denoting he’s gay)

“You’re still not worried at all?”

“Why should I? I know it’s not true”

“Chun, your drama is airing. The management is frantic about this and look at this” (Selina hands another newspaper, accusing all of the members of FRH are gays and that Calvin’s just hiding from Hebe to cover up the truth and that’s why he’s not yet asking Hebe for marriage, even Aaron have the same issue)

(Selina looked at him intently) “Then, do you want me to announce I have a girlfriend already?” (Selina fell silent) “You’re a walking contradiction, Selina. You just ordered Aaron not to announce his relationship with Gui Gui and now you’re asking me to admit my relationship with Ella”

“I’m unhappy with that as well; Gui Gui and Ella are my friends. It’s the management’s decision. Its business for them, they’re afraid Aaron’s movie will flop if he announces that, since everybody’s thinking he and Sheena are together, and don’t you think it’s for the better? Sheena and Aaron have a large group of fans; it might be difficult for Gui Gui to handle that when their fans started to protest.” (Selina argue)

“I think Gui Gui can fairly handle that. She’s a born charmer” (Chun answered)

“Chun, we’ve been in the industry for quite a while, you know how the fans responses can do” (Chun fell silent remembering the times of Hebe and Calvin. Calvin gain too many haters since Hebe was popular and she’s paired before to that Lee. All of their group performances and endorsements were even affected, some even protested outside their company’s building asking Calvin to let go of Hebe. In case of Aaron, well he and Sheena’s fans are intense as well)

“You have always maintained that single image. You never have that kind of love team –intensified fans. So…don’t you think it will be better to…?” (Selina begins, Chun glare at her)

“Ella loves her privacy. I don’t want those reporters following her around” (Chun said firmly)

(Selina sighs. The management what him to deny the issue of him being gay even if that means exposing Ella, they already know that Ella’s also known in her profession and they think it can even help)

“We need to clarify the issue soon or it will get bigger and bigger in time, you know the reporters won’t stop if you keep quiet about this”

“I know, they’re just so ridiculous” (Chun said starting to worry)

“Then what are you planning to do? Everyone’s issues might affect the other members, Chun; the four of you is a group. I already saw Jiro and Calvin being asked about this earlier in their show, they’ve been asked frequently. Aaron’s a little clear since Sheena spoke on his behalf. I already talked to Hebe and she’s going to clear the issue this afternoon. You’ve been very vague about this issue; better decide on what to do”
***

“Have you seen the news?” (Jiro said laughing) “It’s funny! They even published the picture when we crossed dress for a party”

(Chun sighs) “I’m a little worried about this, the
reporters targeting all of us now and not just me. Everybody’s going to closely look in everything we do now to prove that stupid news”

“Don’t worry about us, it’s not the first time this issue arisen, we just need to bear with it for a while. Hebe’s not even bothered about it either” (Calvin said calmly, when they we’re new in the industry that same issue arose, making their every move and their gestures published in the newspaper)

“Are you going to announce Ella?” (Jiro asked)

(Chun sighs again heavily) “And let those reporters follow her around for the next days or weeks? I don’t want to put pressure on her. She maintained her low profile and care free life even in her success abroad and now I’m just going to disregard her efforts to save myself? I won’t do that”

“I think it will be better if you and Aaron be in change positions” (Jiro commented) “Gui Gui will be better in handling the reporters and the fans”

“I don’t think so, Aaron and Sheena’s fans can be nasty, especially now. Luckily, you’ve never been seen together alone” (Calvin disagree)

“I’m careful. Although, I want to go out freely with Gui Gui, I don’t want her to be hurt even for a bit. But sooner, I’ll have to tell the world about her” (Aaron said seriously)

“Then, why don’t we just admit that we’re gays and we’re having relationships, Calvin and Chun and me and Aaron” (Jiro laughs)

(Calvin hits him) “Be serious!”

“You can’t keep quiet about this, Chun. You can just admit you have a girlfriend and just tell them she’s a private person and asked them not to dig anymore” (Aaron suggested)

“Why didn’t you do that so Gui Gui will be happy?” (Jiro asked Aaron)

“And do you think that will work?” (Chun asked disbelieving) “We’ve known some artist with a non-showbiz other halves but the reporters managed to dig out news about them”

“Right! And we’re just popular at this moment; I don’t believe they will spare Ella” (Jiro said) “And in your case Aaron better not think about doing that, or Gui Gui will be in trouble, your fans will surely bully her and she’s not the kind who’s going to keep quiet if being provoked”

“Then what are you planning to do? Quit?” (Aaron asked)

“You can’t be thinking about that” (Aaron said differing. Chun just remain silent)

“That’s too hasty, Chun. And besides you and Ella have not been together for even a year, it’s too early to decide like that. Why don’t you talk to Ella about this instead, she might have a better idea on what to do, If you’re going to ask for my opinion I’d rather follow Selina. It’s better to expose Ella now instead of giving more time for the reporters to assume and accuse things, I don’t agree with Aaron’s suggestion because avoiding the reporters is inevitable in this case, we have to accept that they’re always going to watch us. And I definitely don’t like your idea of quitting, it won’t work and it might bring more serious damage to Ella” (Calvin calmly suggested)

“Chun…” (Selina arrived handling her tablet showing the headline news on the internet) “The ‘man’ Chun’s dating is actually she. She is said to be a He before and has been doing operations abroad to alter his gender to be a she”
***