Chapter 27

Bickering Love

Chapter 27

“What are you doing here? And what are you wearing?” (Chun exclaimed. Ella’s wearing a tube above the knee dress. He’s at the company and he’s about to go to his interview when Ella and Gui Gui arrived. Ella already informed Selina about her decision and she’s pleased)

“Isn’t she gorgeous? It’s one of my designs” (Gui Gui said proudly)

“You better change” (Chun frowned. Ella felt uncomfortable with Chun’s reaction. She rarely wears dresses)

“No! What’s wrong with it, she looks alright” (Gui Gui protested)

“Are you short of fabric? Why did you make this kind of clothing?” (Chun argued)

“Alright, I’ll go change” (Ella said but Gui Gui prevented her)

“You’re too conservative. Sister looks decent enough, let’s see who’s going to even think she’s not a girl” (Gui Gui insisted)

“Aaron would feel the same way if you wear this and what do you mean by that?” (Chun asked confused)

“No, he’ll surely drool over me” (Gui Gui answered smugly) “Alright, just go” (Gui Gui pushed them. Chun looked at Ella)

“I’m coming with you. It’s time we clear this mess” (Ella smiled)

“Are you sure?” (Chun asked worriedly)

“Of course, I already told her what to do” (Gui Gui said haughtily) “C’mon Chun, just don’t make her more nervous will you?”

“Chun, Ella can handle that, we’ve already talked it, I think it will be better if she step out now. While you’re trying to hide her away the more the reporters would like to dig things out and makes it horrible, just a few weeks or months they would eventually stop” (Selina said arriving to check on them)

“But…” (Chun protested)

“I know, it can also take a life time for them to spare me and us but I’m willing to take the risk so long as we’re together” (Ella smiled)

“Alright, but can you change your clothes?” (Chun asked)

“Sister Ella would either leave this place with that dress or no dress at all” (Gui Gui warned)

“Alright! We’ll just drop by somewhere to buy her other clothes”

“I’m not going to talk to you ever again if I saw her wearing another one in the television” (Gui Gui insisted stubbornly)
***

Gui Gui smiling alone while watching Ella and Chun’s interview. Her sister looks comfortable and brave enough. She and Chun are throwing glances at each other. The hosts couldn’t believe that she was the previously reported lover of Chun. Chun’s very sensitive of Ella’s reaction; he’s occasionally pressing her hands and answering questions for her. Both of them avoided too personal questions.

Host1: Chun, she’s beautiful. How come she’s been reported to be guy? (The host shows Ella’s previous pictures)

Chun: She rarely dressed up. She’s used to be in her comfortable jeans and shirts.

Host2: So how did the two of you meet? Is it true that you met abroad?

Ella: The news about him meeting me abroad is true; I and my friends were doing our annual photo walk when I met him. (Ella glanced at Chun and smiled)

Host1: Can you give details?

Chun: Can you leave that for us? We’d like to remain that part private.

Host2: So you are a photographer. (Chun nodded and smiled at Ella when the host commented)

Ella: Yes…

Host1: Wait, I think I heard your name somewhere. Are you the international photographer Ella? I read in the “The Traveler’s Magazine” that she’s from our country.

Ella: That’s probably me.

Host2: Really?! Wow, I guess we’re lucky. You never grant any interviews before. My friend who’s working in a newspaper even went to Greece to follow you but she didn’t even have a picture of you.

(Gui Gui phone rings)

“Hello? Yes, Ya Tou. What?” (Gui Gui instantly frowned and switched the channel. Sheena’s being interviewed)

Host: Sheena, you and Aaron has been the most talked about on-screen couple. You two just finished a successful movie and we heard that the two of you are going to collaborate again for a drama series. You have remained the people guessing of your true relationship but it’s rumored that Aaron has a girlfriend. The fans noticed how Aaron looked at this lady during the premiere. (The host shows a stolen shot of Aaron looking worried at Gui Gui) What’s your reaction about this? Are you bothered? Your fans are worried about this.

Sheena: She’s just a fan, an avid fan of Aaron; she’s actually stalking Aaron and Aaron’s a little worried she might do a scene at the premiere. And why should I be bothered? Our fans also need not to worry; Aaron and I will be always together for them, aren’t we together for our next project? (Sheena smiled)

(Gui Gui glare at the television)

“I really hate this girl” (Gui Gui murmured)
***

“Surprise!” (Gui Gui said happily. She and Ya Tou went to meet Ken who just returned from New York, he’s a businessman running a clothe store abroad; they met when she was in France taking some crash courses for designs. He’s asking Gui Gui’s help for some ideas for couture (made-to-measure) clothes for his client who wanted some Asian-inspired clothes. They’re going home when she remembered Aaron’s near the area. Luckily its break when they arrive, they managed to make her sneak into Aaron’s dressing room-tent. Aaron instantly smiled when he saw her and embraces her)

“What are you doing here? I thought you’re going to meet your friend?”

(Gui Gui nodded) “He’s outside with Ya Tou”

“Aaron, the…” (Sheena entered) “Oh…she’s”

“Sheena, this is my girlfriend, Gui Gui” (Aaron looked at her) “This is…”

“I know her, who wouldn’t” (Gui Gui said indifferently)

“Hello, nice to finally meet you” (Sheena smiled fake and hold on to Aaron’s arm, the director’s looking for you and the fans as well, they’ve been waiting for a chance to have a little time with us”

(Aaron carefully removes Sheena’s hold on him) “Can you entertain them for a while? I’ll follow shortly”

“Alright” (Sheena glanced at Gui Gui) “I’m so sorry for interrupting, you know the fans, they go crazy for some pictures and autographs. You better change your shirt into the yellow one the crew gave us, Aaron, we’re shooting for our date later” (She said before walking, Gui Gui controlled her anger)

(Sheena saw the waiting fans and the press outside, they knew she went inside to call Aaron. She deliberately tripped at the flap of the tent; Gui Gui quickly approached her to help her and Aaron immediately follow. A fan saw them and started buzzing around everyone saying that Gui Gui pushed Sheena. The next thing they knew, there are flashes everywhere and the fans started approaching them and attacking Gui Gui. Sheena tactically holds on to Aaron’s arms for support so she can stand. Ya Tou and Ken who’re nearby immediately rescue Gui Gui)
***

“Is she alright?” (Aaron asked worriedly when he got the chance to go and see Gui Gui. She’s at home. She got some bruises, she’s sleeping and Ella’s watching her)

“Why are they being so harsh? Luckily she’s not badly hurt” (Ella sighs. She immediately went home after hearing what happened. She’s been busy lately. Contrary to what she’s been expecting, Chun’s fans are so supportive and even Charlotte gave her support even Charlotte and Chun’s drama’s maintaining its rating now, it’s near the end and Chun’s very busy promoting it. He even has schedule to promote it in Japan while she on the other hand is busy for her upcoming exhibit. She’s been offered some advertisement for cameras, she and Chun’s seeing each other lately only during interviews, they’re having lots of that)

“I’m so sorry about this Ella” (Aaron apologized) “I’ll see to it that it won’t happen again” (Ella nodded and decided to leave him alone)

“Hmm…” (Gui Gui slowly opened her eyes)

“Are you alright? How do you feel” (Aaron asked worriedly. Gui Gui just nodded)

(Aaron sighs) “I’m sorry”

“You better not be hard headed and just let me go to you instead of you meeting me, alright?” (Aaron her hair and gave her a light kiss)
***

The next day, the incident’s all over the newspaper. Sheena and Aaron got an interview and Aaron already said that it was an accident and that the woman (Gui Gui) has nothing to do with it which Sheena faintly agree. Aaron asked Sheena for dinner to talk to her seriously about his relationship with Gui Gui.

“She’s already having a hard time because of our situation; I don’t want to hurt her further. It’s just not too long ago when she finally stopped worrying about her sister’s issues with Chun. I don’t like seeing her unhappy, it makes me feel sad too. So I’m here to ask for your help, we’re friends right?”

“Chun? You mean she’s Ella’s sister?” (Sheena asked surprised) “I admire her, I’ve seen some of her works, and she’s really amazing. She got a talented sister”

“They both are. Gui Gui’s a designer. Have you heard of the Star line clothing? The one I previously modeled for? Gui Gui’s the one behind that” (Aaron said proudly)

“I see” (Sheen smiled fakely) “What do you want me to do then? Want me to conceal your relationship?”

“I don’t intend to hide my relationship status forever, but we both know that now is not the right time yet. My fans, our fans are also important we’re not in our positions right now if they didn’t support us but she is important to me and I don’t like to see her being hurt or upset. I don’t want to drag her in any issue. Can we just not remark or comment anything about her?” (Aaron carefully requested)

“Alright then. I understand, but we can’t control the fans especially when they’re always seeing her since she’s always following you around. You better be careful, you know what the fans reaction will do to our careers and I don’t want our drama to receive low ratings, I never had those mediocre projects before” (Sheena said)

“I know, we’ve talked about this and she’ll understand. It’s just for the time being. After this project’s over, we can go out freely. I can temporarily stop accepting acting projects and we can concentrate for our new album” (Aaron said hopefully. Sheena glances at him hatefully. They graciously had their dinner before going home. Aaron’s so happy but its late and decided to tell Gui Gui about what happened tomorrow)

Gui Gui noticed the newspaper on her table the next morning. It has Aaron and Sheena‘s photo happily chatting while dining. Her tears fell; she’s not seeing Aaron for days because he’s busy filming, they can rarely talked on phone and she’s missing him badly. She can’t go see him and he’s not visiting her either, all of the people around them including Aaron himself so cautious for them not to be seen together)
***