Chapter 15

Bickering Love

Chapter 15

It was Gui Gui’s company’s party, they already have some promotional activities at the Galaxy mall earlier. It will be a week-long celebration. It was the family’s tradition to throw a party for all the employees, the directors and officers of their company, they have invited everyone affiliated with them. Ella and the guys are already back, but Ella as usual didn’t attend it.

“Gui Gui…you’ve done great” (Uncle Li approached Gui Gui to congratulate her)

“Thank you Uncle”

“Where’s your sister? Isn’t she back yet?”

“She arrived a few days ago, but I don’t think she’ll show up”

“What’s her excuse this time, during the past anniversaries she’s always out of the country, what it is this time?”

“You know she hated dressing up and she said she’s busy finalizing the photo-magazine” (Gui Gui chuckled and looked
around, everyone’s in their formal attire)

“How come she finds it troublesome to dress up, she’s a girl” (Uncle Li complained. Gui Gui laughs)

“Good evening Sir” (Aaron greeted Uncle Li)

“Aaron you’re here” (Uncle Li acknowledge him. Aaron’s also invited since he was the current model of the clothing)

“Luckily you could come; I thought you can’t make it. Ella’s not even attending, aren’t you busy?”

“I thought I couldn’t attend either because the invitation was received by someone else” (Aaron’s secretly glowering at Gui Gui while smiling at Uncle Li)

(The music starts to play) “Why don’t the two of you dance?”

(Uncle Li looks at Gui Gui and Aaron. Aaron offered his hand to Gui Gui, Gui Gui forced a smile before accepting. They went to the dance floor and slowly swayed to the music)

“I think you sent the invitation to the wrong person” (When Selina brought the invitation, everyone’s laughing when the outside enveloped was addressed to Chun, it even have a heart in it but his name was printed in the invitation inside. They immediately figured it out that it was from Gui Gui and she just wanted to irritate him. Ella just apologized and tell him that Gui Gui’s really childish at times.) “Luckily, I am an understanding person or what will happen if I informed your Uncle about that, you sure is a trouble maker”

(Gui Gui stepped on Aaron’s foot leaning towards him) “Am I??” (Gui Gui stared at Aaron and she felt a sudden skip of her heart beat)

“Hey, it hurts. You’re really trying my patience” (Aaron said controlling his anger. Gu Gui looks at him surprised by what she felt)

“Gui Gui” (a guy approached Gui Gui. He’s one of the mall’s models)

“Hmft!” (Gui Gui tried to move away from Aaron and talk to the guy but she tripped because of the hem of her dress. Aaron quickly catches her to avoid her from falling on the ground, she was taken aback; she stared at Aaron)
(Aaron smiled smugly)

“You’re easily punished” (He whispered before pulling up Gui Gui and continued to dance) “She’s still dancing with me”(Aaron said to the guy)
***

Ella’s walking along the street. She just met one of the writers of the company she’s working with abroad, the editor in chief wanted to meet her because Vivian, one of the permanent photographers of that company’s claiming that the photos released for their feature article of Dubai (it was Ella’s last project before returning to Taiwan for their photo walk in Brunei) were owned by her and now Vivian is complaining to the company and even threatening to sue Ella and release it to the media. She needs to go to France.

“Aiyo! that Vivian, she’s really going to make me crazy” (Ella angrily murmured to herself. The gal don’t like Ella because the company usually favors Ella even though she’s a free lancer)

“Ella!” (Chun just came from the filming of his new drama) “C’mon! Hop in!”

“What happened? What’s with your expression?” (Chun asked)
(Ella sighs controlling her anger)

“Uh, isn’t tonight the company party’s Gui Gui’s been talking about?”

(Ella nodded. Chun noticed she’s not in a good mood)

“Let’s go somewhere” (Chun brought Ella in a gym) “Here; this is where I released my pressures and frustrations. Go on” (Chun encouraged Ella. After a while, Ella’s a little better)

“What happened?” (Chun asked worriedly. Ella explained)

“Vivian’s really been envious about me since I started working there. I tried to befriend her but she’s so arrogant. I’m just thinking on why she’s telling them that she owns the photos I have submitted. She’s really making me angry” (Ella started to work out again)

“Hey! Don’t push yourself too much. You’ll be more muscular than I am if you continue like that” (Chun said jokingly)

“Right, you’re a muscular guy. Let me bring you to France to punch her to death” (Ella answered)

“I’m not a violent person. I can’t even argue with a woman. I love peace!” (Chun answered back)

“Aiyo! you’ve been arguing with me all the time” (Ella protested)

“Are you?” (Chun asked teasingly)

“Am I what?’ (Ella asked confused)

“A woman” (Chun answered laughing)

“Wu Chun!”
***

“Ella, we heard you’re leaving” (Jiro said when they entered the conference room. Jerry and Ella are showing the sample of the photo-magazine. Ella nodded)

“That’s unfortunate, you won’t be here when this photo-mag releases” (Aaron commented)

“Yeah, she’s probably won’t be attending my wedding either. She can even bear not to attend to her bestfriends’ wedding” (Jerry complained.)

“When are you leaving? How long?” (Chun asked)

“Going to miss her that much Chun?” (Calvin teased. Everyone started to tease them. They’ve seen how Chun and Ella became close recently. Chun’s the most quiet among them but when there’s Ella, he always have so many things to say. Chun just looks at Ella. Ella just goes on with the flow)

“Chun’s going to be bored not having me around to argue with. Chun. Don’t let my sister be in trouble alright” (Ella said) “Let’s go have some dinner tonight” (Ella invited)
***

“Aren’t you worried for her” (Chun asked Jerry. They’re at Ella’s house; they’re having a barbeque party. Ella’s chatting with Selina. Hebe and Gui Gui are preparing the table. They boys are roasting the barbeques. They invited everybody for that dinner. Chun throws a glance at Ella)

“It’s not new to us that she’s leaving. She’s just like a bird always ready to fly (Jerry answered)

“But it’s different this time” (Chun answered worried about Ella’s case in France with Vivian)

“So you knew. I thought I was the only one who knows the real reason why she’s leaving. Ella tends to act so cool; she never wanted to worry the people around her. You two are getting really close” (Jerry commented. Chun sighs and throws a glance at Ella again. Jerry chuckled)

“You like her don’t you?”

“Oops! I heard that!” (Jiro butts in. Calvin and Aaron also approached them)

“Hey, Chun you’re just so slow. Just tell her” (Aaron added. Chun looks at them)

“We know already! You’re so timid” (Calvin said smiling)

“I don’t think it’s the right time to tell her” (Chun worriedly said)

“But how will you tell little Gui Gui about that? She’s going to cry for sure” (Calvin added)

“Aiyo! I’ll just let Aaron takes care of her. I think he’ll be willing do it” (Chun answered)

“Right! Aaron should take care of Gui Gui” (Jiro agreed)

“Hey! Who said I wanted to baby sit that brat” (Aaron refutes back. Gui Gui who’s approaching them heard Jiro and Aaron. Gui Gui hits Aaron)

“And who told you I wanted to be baby sit by you? I wanted to be taken care of by Chun” (Gui Gui smiled and went to Chun side)
***

“Ella, when are you leaving?” (Hebe asked. They’re at the table)

“The day after tomorrow”

“I just think Ella’s making an excuse not to wear her maid of honor’s gown” (Selina teased) “It’s a pity. I’ve seen it and it’s beautiful. Jerry’s wedding just eight days from now”

“Everyone’s coming but the maid of honor would be missing” (Jerry remarked)

“Luckily it’s not the bride who’s going to be missing” (Calvin joked)

“How’s your fiancée?” (Chun asked)

“Ruby’s fine, I just asked her not to walked around too much, not until the big day” (Jerry answered)

“I’ll be back as soon as I can. Anyway, Gui Gui will be the maid of honor”

***