Chapter 29

Bickering Love

Chapter 29

“You what?!” (Chun exclaimed) “Honey…”

“Everything’s upsetting her and now even Aaron himself distressed my sister” (Ella argued) “Why can’t he just admit his relationship with Gui Gui just like us?”

“Our situation is very different from them and remember, I also never wanted those reporters to find out about you”

“But you never intend to hide me away, I was the one hiding away” (Ella answered)

“Aaron’s the same way, it’s just that it’s not yet the proper time, you’ve seen how the crowd react on them it’s very different from ours” (Chun reasoned)

“Still he didn’t need to bully Gui Gui like that, she’s just worried about him”

“Aaron’s also worried about her, he’s just afraid that if she’s been seen she might get hurt again” (Chun tried to soothe Ella)

“Isn’t she hurting now? I’m not going to stand by and watch my sister like this. If he can’t be man enough to stand by her then its better that they stay away from each other”

“Honey, can’t you let them solve their own problem? I’m sure Aaron would do something at the right time” (Ella glare at him)

“And when it will be? After the drama? What if another project comes after that?”

“Aaron already told Selina that he’s going to rest for a while after that, he wanted to spend time with Gui Gui. Give him time. C’mon stop meddling in their business” (Chun hugged her) “And besides I’m going to miss you, why are you going to New York anyway?”

(Ella sighs) “I just need to breathe; away from all this mess for a while maybe after a while, when I’m back the media won’t bother us like this”

“Are you regetting your decision for us to go public?” (Chun asked)

“Of course not, I’m glad people accepted me, we can be together without worry how people will react about us. It’s
just that it makes me tired, all those interviews and shooting; everything, and I wanted to have some peace. I miss holding my camera, being spontaneous. I wanted you to come with me but I know you have prior engagements so am going to ask you to wait for a while, alright?”

“Alright but you need to call me everyday. How long will you be gone?”

“About a week”

(Chun sighs) “That’s fine then, Aaron and Gui Gui can think for a while. I’m sure Aaron will be discharge and he can figure out what to do then”

“Gui Gui’s staying there…indefinitely”
***

“Aaron be reasonable, if you announce it now do you think they will spare Gui Gui? It might get worse” (Selina said when Aaron told her he wanted to have an interview to clear the issue regarding Gui Gui) “Both of you have endured this for the past months, bear with it for a little longer, we already talked about this. Let the situation cool down for a while”

“Selina, I can’t stand it any longer. They’re hurting her, I’m hurting her” (Aaron said frustrated)

“Aaron…” (Selina sighs looking at him)

“It’s so unfair!” (Aaron exclaimed) “Why are you doing this to me?”

“My dear Selina, let Aaron do what he wants. Calvin and Chun’s relationships are open to the public, why can’t Aaron do it?” (Jiro said, Selina glare at him)

“I’ve seen how Calvin and the rest of you struggle for almost a year when Hebe came, all of you almost sinked to death to think that Calvin’s also an artist just liker her, as for Chun’s case, it’s different. Both Chun and Ella are clear from any relationship rumors. He never had these loveteams' issues even before while you…” (Selina looked at Aaron)

“Well the fans club had been formed just days before the filming of your first acting project and it keeps growing everytime you had another drama or movie” (Selina explained. All of the FRH started in their teens with her mom being their manager until she hand them over to her. FRH have been a singing group for their first five years before they started their acting career. She can say that among the four, Chun’s been the most popular and his gentle ways and big-brother image to his leading ladies gain more subtle crowd so he never had those screaming loveteam fans. Calvin’s who’s the most sensible among the four is not type who had affairs issue until Hebe came in the picture. They’ve been friends before they fell inlove in one of their collaboration for Hebe’s album. Aaron and Jiro on the other hand both had their respective love-teams fans; Aaron has three couple fan clubs while Jiro has two. But among the three of Aaron’s couple fan clubs, the strongest and most intense is with Sheena. Jiro’s team with Chloe’s a little gentler than Aaron and Sheena. Also both of them had different relationships issues within and outside the entertainment industry)

“I’ve experienced what Gui Gui’s experiencing now. I know
how it feels, it would be difficult and the thing she needed the most is Aaron, Selina. Everything won’t matter if Aaron’s beside her” (Calvin said calmly. He remembered how the fans wanted him to break up with Hebe, how they protest. They relationship is simple, they were friends and eventually the feelings they had for each other grew. Back then in every promotion they were, they’re hearing the protest of fans about him. For months they never went out without having malicious rumors after, he had to show the public that he’s better than Lee but everything’s worth it since Hebe never left him)

“I know, you know I exactly know how it feels Calvin being alone when everybody’s pointing at you” (Selina looked at him. Jiro who’s sitting beside him fell silent) “And I know how all of you love being an artist. I never asked Aaron to deny Gui Gui, I asked you, well the management asked you to remain silent about your relationship status for the time being until the project with Sheena’s over. I know you and Gui Gui’s having a hard time but it won’t help if you two go public now. The fans are so aggressive; it will be chaos when you do that Aaron since everyone really believed that the two of you are together since she’s always here”

(Aaron sighs. He’s been avoiding Sheena. He really wanted to shout to the world that he loves Gui Gui but he also knows the possibility that it’s going to harm her more, now that the fans strongly believes that he and Sheena’s together since Sheena’s always around to his annoyance, the fans might hurt her more. Sheena’s been his friend for so long but what she did last time to Gui Gui’s unforgivable. How could she instigate the fans to attack Gui Gui? For the last days she’s always visiting him and asking for forgiveness, he refused to her and but she managed to imply that the two of them are doing great)

“Please be a friend Selina and not a manager for me on this” (Aaron begged)

“Stop worrying about our careers Selina, we know you cared about us but we’ve been here for years, we’re not afraid anymore we know what we can and what we can’t do, we love being singers and actors, being an artist but we’re humans. You’ve already done this thing for me and Chun, why not for Aaron? The fans must understand that what they see in television not necessarily mean that it’s happening in real life and just because they wanted two people to be together, that person will be together. What century are we in to have this kind of conversation? The management must also understand that, it’s not always about the rating or success of our projects, we understand that it’s business but please we’re not money-making machines” (Calvin explained)

“I’m not letting the thing that happened between the two of you happen to us” (Aaron looked at her and Jiro intently. Selina and Jiro fell silent; Selina and Jiro’s short relationship was well-known to the public. Jiro’s the longest in the industry before the three of them; he’s a rising artist when his career suddenly went down. He’s not been seen for two years until Selina’s mom created the FRH. They learned from Jiro that he fell inlove with Selina the first time he saw her in one of her commercial shoot, they instantly became a couple. Jiro just finished his launching movie with a young female artist that instantly became a blast, everyone thought they’re an item but when the media became curious about his private life, fans was so disappointed to know that he already had a girlfriend. They started bombarding Selina, Jiro was new and it didn’t do good that his publicist was also against Jiro having a relationship. He tried to save his relationship and went public with her while trying to continue with his career. But it get worst, everyone’s pointing at her for Jiro’s descending career, Jiro suffered depression and failed to be with her in her most difficult times. Selina left for the States, the shock in his face was something they can’t forget when their previous manager, Selina’s mom, introduced her. FRH was already three years in the industry, Jiro and Selina’s story was already forgotten. When they first met her, she was as cold as ice, Jiro tried every possible means to have her again but until now Jiro couldn’t get any emotions from her except anger when he’s annoying her)
(Selina sighs) “Alright, I’ll arrange everything” (Selina left the room and Jiro immediately followed)

“I just wanted to talk to her” (Aaron whispered. He’s been trying to call her but she never accepts any of his calls. He’s been so worried about her, if only he can hear her voice he can calm down a little)

“I’ll call Chun if he can do something about it. Ella’s furious about you being silent regarding the issue and Chun’s trying to reason out. You know the possibility of what you’re going to do Aaron. It’s not going to be easy”(Calvin said before going out, he can’t tell him that Ella’s planning to bring Gui Gui to New York. He’s not yet fully recovered and he’s so exhausted for all the arguments. He’s praying that what happened between Jiro and Selina before won’t happen to Aaron and Gui Gui. Gui Gui’s an adorable lady and he don’t want her to be as cold as Selina before but he’s also worried about Aaron’s decision. He sighs as he realized that they’re not getting any younger. He suddenly miss Hebe, he felt peaceful as soon as he heard her voice when he called her. At the corner of his eyes he saw Jiro and Selina arguing. He taps the box inside his pocket, his marriage proposal mist wait until everyone’s settled.
***

“Have you talked to Ken?” (Ella asked Gui Gui when she entered Gui Gui’s room. Gui Gui nodded. She asked her thrice if she’s really decided to go to New York after she talked to Chun but she was so determined to leave, she booked their flight earlier, it was four days ahead of her original schedule but Gui Gui talked to her yesterday asking if they can leave immediately, she told her, she’s meeting Ken to discuss Ken’s upcoming fashion show and she’s planning to help. She hasn’t told Chun yet, he’s been busy filming. She’s been trying to contact him but he’s unreachable, maybe because of his filmning location site)

“Are you sure about your decision?” (Ella asked again. Gui Gui looked at her and smiled sadly)

“I think it’ll will be better this way for awhile” (Ella approached her and held her hands)

“You’ll enjoy your stay there. We’re going to have fun and enjoy” (Ella’s so worried about her, she’s been so quiet. She’s not as lively as before)

“Is Chun alright with your decision? How can you endure the long time that you can’t even see him?” (Gui Gui asked)

(Ella smiled) “Gui, even though we are a couple we still are individuals, we still have our separate lives and even if we’re married, we all still need to have some time for ourselves. Sometimes, you can find peace and you can discover something new about yourself when you’re alone.”
(Gui Gui phone rings, Gui Gui just stared it)

“Don’t you want to talk to him?” (Ella asked when she saw Aaron’s name in the screen. Gui Gui just sighs)

“Alright, have some rest. We’ll leave early tomorrow” (Ella kissed her and left. Gui Gui sighs and closed her eyes. She still can’t figure out what to do, may be she just expected too much. And maybe having a vacation will help her)
***

“Aaron, hurry we need to go to the airport” (Calvin enterted the room rushing)

“What? Why?” (Aaron asked confused. He knew that FRH’s going to Singapore to have some promotional activities and although he’s discharged as of today, Selina asked him to rest for a while which he agreed immediately. She managed to arrange an interview just like what he wanted, he’s planning to see Gui Gui today, he’s just waiting for his family to go home. His dad’s just talking to the doctor) “Selina said I won’t be able to go with the rest of you in Singapore for the promotion and I though you’ll be leaving next week? Besides I’m going to see Gui Gui now, I need to talk to her before the scheduled interview tomorrow”

(Calvin sighs) “I’m so sorry about this Aaron. Chun just called me a while ago; we both thought that they’ll be leaving four days from now but apparently Gui Gui’s in a hurry”

(Aaron looked at Calvin really confused. Calvin sighs heavily) “Gui Gui’s going to New York”
***