Chapter 28

Bickering Love

Chapter 28

Gui Gui’s at the mall. Aaron’s been calling her but she doesn’t want to talk to him now. She can’t work either, Aaron and Sheena’s always in the news for their promotions; they even shoot a commercial together. She’s really unhappy. Same as Ella and Chun, Ella became an instant celebrity. She’s having interviews non-stop. Even some international magazines that she turned down interviews before interviewed her, she even shoot for some advertisement. Some big local companies are offering job for her but she insisted on continuing to be a free lancer, she said she can accept some project though.

“Why aren’t you answering my calls?” (A voice whispered to her while she’s checking a dress. Gui Gui was surprised to see Aaron)

“What are you doing here?” (Gui Gui said beaming)

“You’re not calling me and you’re not answering my calls either” (Aaron said frowning. He called Ya Tou to ask
where’s Gui Gui, he called the office but she’s not there)
“Let’s go to your office” (Aaron said)

(Gui Gui looked at him. He’s wearing a cap and sun glasses. Gui Gui controlled her fury)

“Just go, somebody might recognize you here. We’re in a crowded area” (Gui Gui said irritably and move away)

“Gui Gui…” (Aaron sighs and follows her)

“Can you please slow down your pace?” (Aaron asked exasperatedly and remove his sun glasses to look Gui Gui in the eyes) “Why are you getting mad” (Aaron ask confused)

“Is that Aaron?” (A fan recognized him and the shoppers started approaching them, consequently pushing Gui Gui away. Aaron worriedly approached Gui Gui but the fans blocked him, he smiled for a while and granted some autographs while looking at Gui Gui silently asking her to wait for a while.)

“Is that the girl previously reported pushing Sheena and stalking Aaron?” (Gui Gui heard one commented, she controlled her tears and started to walk away)
***

Gui Gui just stared at the bouquet of roses that popped at the door. Aaron’s face’s covered by the flowers; he apologetically revealed himself and smiled at her.

“I’m sorry” (Aaron said looking at her)

(Gui Gui smiled faintly and approached him. Aaron hugged her tightly) “I’m really sorry. I know I promised to spend more time with you after the movie but I get tied up again” (Aaron whispered. Gui Gui’s tears started to fall. Aaron let her cry for a while)

“I miss you” (Gui Gui whispered back and snuggled closer to him)

“I miss you more. Are you hurt?” (Aaron asked drying her tears, Gui Gui just shake her head and bury her face to Aaron’s chest filling her senses of Aaron’s presence)

“Please bear with it for a little while more” (Aaron said soothing her)
***

“I’m so tired. When will this end, how can Chun stand these non-stop and repeated interviews. And all those people always approaching and looking at you. They’re even asking what you do before sleeping.” (Ella sighs and dropped herself in the sofa)

“I really miss walking around uncaring. I think I better accept the project offered in New York to have some rest, you can go with me. Isn’t Ken back in New York? You can visit him in return” (She noticed Gui Gui sitting next to her quietly staring blankly)

“What’s wrong?” (Ella asked worriedly)

“Nothing” (Gui Gui answered but her voice broke)

“Gui Gui…” (Ella hugged her when Gui Gui started crying) “What happened?” (She noticed the magazine with Aaron and Sheena on the cover)

“I never imagine it to be like this. I prepared myself to handle the media, their following and invasion of my privacy, but I was never prepared to be some hidden girlfriend and face his fans’ protest because of his on-screen lady, with that girl shadowing and blocking me” (Gui Gui said sadly)

(Ella sighs remembering how she worried about the reaction of Chun’s fans before, which Gui Gui’s now experencing, Sheena and Aaron’s fans have waited years before their first collaboration was seconded and now that they’re working continuously with their projects, their fans intense on Aaron and Sheena being together)

“Don’t worry too much. It’s just for publicity, remember Chun also have those kind of pictures with Charlotte and they’re really just good friends. The reporters just like giving conclusions with every little thing. Trust Aaron he loves you, he won’t do things to deliberately hurt you. I heard that Aaron already talked to Selina about temporarily not to accept acting projects after that. They’re going to focus on their next album. At that time, you two can definitely have some vacation. And I think it’s better this way for the time being, I don’t want you getting hurt by the fans when they see you together with Aaron outside” (Ella told her worriedly. Gui Gui nodded)

(Ella sighs) “And I wish all of these things are over when that time comes. I really don’t like this kind of attention. I can’t even stand by in the streets to take some interesting stolen shots”
***

Gui Gui’s watching the news when she saw the news flash of Aaron’s accident while doing a stunt for the drama. She hurriedly went to the hospital but Sheena just arrives as she did, the fans recognized her and blocked her way. When Sheena went out again shortly to tell the fans that Aaron’s alright, Gui Gui desperately approach her but the fans started attacking her, Gui Gui cried and just went home.
Ella hurried home with Chun when they saw the news of Gui Gui, Jiro also arrive he just went to see Aaron and Aaron’s so worried about Gui Gui and asked Jiro to go check on her.

“Are you alright?” (Ella hurried to her and worriedly checked Gui Gui, she has another set of bruises)

“Let us treat her wounds first” (Chun said going to get some medicine)

“When did our fans started being so wild like this?” (Chun shakes his head)

“They’re more of Sheena’s fans I think. The people are totally deceived by that angelic face of hers” (Jiro commented pissed off)

“Does it hurt?” (Ella asked while treating her wounds)

“I want to see him” (Gui Gui whispered)

“Aaron’s alright, he asked me to tell you not to worry and you don’t have to go visit him” (Jiro informed her)

“Let’s just wait until the fans can be controlled, maybe tomorrow or the next day you can visit him” (Chun added. Gui Gui cried, Ella hugged her)

“Alright! I’ve got an idea, don’t cry. We’ll go see Aaron” (Ella declared. All of them looked at her)

“But…” (Jiro argued)

“It’s not like you to cry and be like this” (Ella encouraged
Gui Gui)
***

(Ella called for an ambulance; they also managed to get nurse uniforms for them. Chun chuckled when they saw them)

“Let’s see if we can’t get you inside the hospital now” (Ella said valiantly. Gui Gui smiled)

“When did you start being this fearless?” (Chun smiled amused)

“They don’t have any right to hurt my sister” (Ella said)
(They entered the hospital freely, Sheena already went home but the fans are still outside. Some media and fans are waiting outside Aaron’s suite. Jiro, Chun and Ella walked first to divert the attention. Gui Gui put on a mask to cover portions of her face. Calvin immediately recognized Gui Gui and asked Penny (Aaron’s sister), and Selina out. Penny recognized Gui Gui and smiled at her before going out)

“Aaron…” (Gui Gui approached Aaron’s bed)

“Gui…”

“Are you alright?” (Gui Gui asked worriedly. Aaron noticed Gui Gui’s bruises)

“What are you doing here? I already told you not to come” (Aaron said angrily, he was angrily worried. Gui Gui was taken aback by his reaction and easily hurt)

“I’m just…”

“Why are you so stubborn!?”

“Why are you shouting at me?!” (Gui Gui cried) “I’m just worried; I just wanted to see you. I wanted to see with my own eyes that you’re alright, is that so wrong?”

(Aaron sighs) “But you know we can’t be seen together” (Aaron reasoned)

“I can’t take this anymore! Let’s just not see each other forever” (Gui Gui stormed out of the room)

(Everyone outside was surprised by Gui Gui’s rushing out, the guys immediately went inside the room while Ella hurriedly run after her. Aaron tried to stand but Penny and Selina carefully prevented him. Aaron frustratedly hit his bed)

“Chun…” (Aaron asked pleading)

“Ella’s after her. I’ll go check on them. Rest” (Chun answered)

“I’ll go handle everyone else outside” (Selina said leaving the room)
***

“How’s Gui Gui?” (Chun asked Ella, it’s been two days. Ella sighs; it’s been two days after the incident in the hospital. They’ve been on the news, she’s been asked about Gui Gui since they learned that they’re sisters, she never disclose any member of her family in her previous interviews as much as possible she just answered questions related to her profession and about Chun. She didn’t like it that now it brought more negative impact on Gui Gui, they’re already digging up stories like how Gui Gui crazily followed Chun before and when she can’t get his attention she seduced Aaron as if making her sister a man-starved person and they’re telling stories on how Aaron wanted to get out of the relationship because of Sheena but Gui Gui clinging on him. She already granted two interviews and asked them not to assume on things, that it’s not true. Gui Gui’s been staying in her room, some people wanted to have her side of the story but she refused to talk to anyone.

“Why is Aaron not saying anything about this?” (Ella angrily asked Chun)

“He’s still at the hospital” (Chun answered)

“He broke his leg not his mouth” (Ella answered) “I’m bringing Gui Gui to New York” (Ella declared)
***