2/2 Verdict

Snow Flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 MONTHS AGO:

Kim Jaejoong’s face twisted of horror as Jung Yunho descended towards the ground. Gravity took its force upon Yunho, wanting him to crash as soon as possible. Jaejoong’s voice grew hoarse as he yelled Yunho’s name.

A gruesome scene unraveled in front of Jaejoong’s eyes as Park Yoochun landed, causing flesh to open and guts to unveil. Jung Yunho followed as the concrete took his body, staining the surface with his blood. Not even a second has passed, and a crowd of people gathered, exchanging gasps and expressions of horror.

Sinking to the bottom of the railing, Kim Jaejoong curled himself and sobbed. His stomach lurched, disgusted by the outcome. Slimy organs and protruding bones flashed in his memory, piercing his brain. He shook back and forth, bracing his knees.

Jaejoong blamed himself. He was the cause of Yunho’s death. If Jaejoong hadn’t fallen to this trap, he would’ve saved himself and Yunho. He would’ve been present at the exhibition and helped prove his innocence. Instead of playing hero, he ended up being the villain.

“……!” Jaejoong gritted.

Sirens blared, causing Jaejoong’s heart to leap. Were the police here for him? Were they going to blame him for murder, just like last time? Jaejoong’s body stiffened, falling into panic. “……oh…no…”

Was this going to be like 10 years ago? Didn’t Yunho prove his innocence? Why were they arresting him again? He couldn’t fathom being shoved in that police car, with his hands bounded by handcuffs. There was no choice but to run away. He worked so hard to clear his name, and committed sacrifices.

“No…no…” Jaejoong said, standing up.

He crashed on his knees again, weighed down by panic and fear. He heaved a deep breath, and regained his composure, getting on his feet.

“Jaejoong-ah!”

“He..Heechul!” Jaejoong cried, bumping into his friend.

Heechul’s presence somewhat subsided Jaejoong’s fear. He braced himself around Heechul, needing someone to hold on to.

“Jaejoong-ah…”

“Heechul…the police…they’re going to catch me…they…they think…I…pushed…Yunho…I…swear…I didn’t! Heechul I didn’t do it!!”

“Kim Jaejoong!!” Heechul exclaimed, pulling his friend away, grasping Jaejoong’s shoulders. “The police aren’t here to catch you!! They’re here to save you!!”

“No…no…they…they’re coming to…arrest me…they…think…I killed…Yunho…”

After his last few words, Jaejoong collapsed in Heechul’s arms as he lost the strength in his legs. Impacted by Jaejoong’s force, Heechul dropped to the ground.

“Kim Jaejoong! Jaejoong!!” Heechul yelled, rattling his shoulders.

 

 The sharp scent of medicine shot through Jaejoong’s nostrils as he gained consciousness. Drip by drip, the IV was pumping nutrients through his veins, sustaining him. Despite the doctor’s efforts to keep him alive, he lost the will to live. If he could, he would rip the IV drip and jump out of the window.

He killed Yunho. Yunho died because of him. Because of Kim Jaejoong’s own stupidity. The barriers keeping Jaejoong from his weakness has collapsed, reverting him back to his weak, old ways. He was nothing but a burden to Jung Yunho’s life.

On impulse, Jaejoong took the IV off his vein, and flung the tube away. He ran through the corridors like a crazy person, frantically seeking for Yunho’s room. He grabbed a walking nurse by the shoulders, pulling her towards him.

“Where…where is Jung Yunho?!!!” Kim Jaejoong yelled.

The nurse winced out of fear, thrown off by the patient’s behavior. “He’s…he’s in the ICU…”

The white, shiny walls whirled past him, seeming like an endless nightmare that he tried to run away from. Patients turned their heads, taking note of the crazy man.

A crowd of reporters gathered the wards, their camera shutters going off. Like predators, they wanted to devour information out of Yunho. Jaejoong’s anxiety spiked, mixed with anger and frustration.

Leaving himself with no choice, Jaejoong elbowed the reporters, trying to get past them. Police guarded the doors, controlling the crowd.

“I’m…Jung…Yunho’s…friend…”

“Sorry, you can’t go in at the moment.”

“No!! Please!! Let me…get in!!!” Jaejoong yelled.

“Jaejoong-ah!!”

A familiar voice called his name, causing Jaejoong to turn around. It was nobody else but his friend, Kim Heechul. Heechul gripped Jaejoong’s wrist, pulling him out of the ward. Jaejoong tried to object, dragging his feet on the ground. But anybody could overtake Kim Jaejoong, considering his current mental state.

Heechul dragged Jaejoong to the very end of the hallway, separating them from the rest of the crowd.

“Get a hold of yourself Kim Jaejoong!! There’s reporters there, and they’re waiting to attack you!!”

“I…I need to see…Yunho…please…”

“He’s not dead.”

Jaejoong tensed, surprised by the news. But judging from Heechul’s face, this news was not a happy one.

“What…”

“There’s no hope for him though…”

Jaejoong dropped his jaw, shaking his head in disbelief.

“There’s no chances of him waking up…his head took the impact of the fall-,”

“Shut up!” Jaejoong cried, squeezing tears out of his eyes. “He’s…he’s not dead!!”

“He…will die soon…” Heechul heaved a sigh. “So Jaejoong-ah…prepare yourself…”

“This…this is all my fault!!!” he screamed, stooping to the ground. He gripped on his hair, letting out his frustrations. “If…if I…”

“Kim Jaejoong!” Heechul cried, looking down on Jaejoong. “Yunho worked so hard to clear your name…and you’re blaming yourself again?!!! The police know it’s not you okay?!!”

“Ho…how?”

“The reporters recorded the whole exhibition…and…they also found Yunho’s abouji trying to escape to Japan by a boat…they also found the messages in Yoochun’s phone about their plans…And…Choi Dal Po managed to follow Yunho when he was running to that warehouse…they recorded Yunho’s fall…the whole nation knows that Yoochun dragged Yunho down with him! So you don’t have to worry about anything okay?!” Heechul cried, crouching to Jaejoong’s level.

“…”

“So…stop blaming yourself and put yourself together!! Yunho did this all for you!! Okay?!!”

 

 

Jaejoong wiped his tears with the back of his hand as he approached Yunho’s bed. His heart stopped at the numerous wires hooked on to Yunho’s body.

Never has he seen Yunho so lifeless, so fragile.

Yunho’s leg was mounted on a strap, elevating it in order to heal. But for what purpose? Yunho was going to die anyways.

Machines indicating Yunho’s vitals beeped at a steady pace, despite Yunho’s unconsciousness.

Heechul and the doctor’s proclamation of Yunho’s brain damage had shattered Jaejoong’s hope of Yunho’s resurrection.

Was Yunho going to die like this?

It wasn’t fair at all.

Yunho has done so much for Jaejoong, but what did Jaejoong do for Yunho? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

How was Jaejoong going to pay Yunho back? Yunho showered Jaejoong with love, and committed various acts for the sake of Jaejoong.

Heechul advised Jaejoong not to blame himself, but guilt was consuming him faster than quicksand.

Jaejoong couldn’t get revenge. Park Yoochun was already dead. Yunho’s abouji was arrested. There was nothing left to seek for.

“Yun…Yunho…” Heechul gasped, unable to comprehend the situation.

Was it really Yunho? Or was it his imagination? Was this all a dream? Heechul couldn’t believe the sight in front of him, it was too good to be true. There’s no way that Yunho could’ve woke up. The doctors deemed it to be impossible. But despite the doctor’s words, In-Sung wished to keep Yunho on life support, hoping a miracle could happen.

“Are…are you actually Yunho? Jung Yunho, is…that you?” Heechul stammered.

“It is me,” Yunho replied, smiling.

Jung Yunho has changed drastically, appearance wise. He lost weight, making his jaw more prominent. Signs of maturity embedded in Yunho’s skin. His hair was styled differently, his bangs slicked out of the way. Yunho’s boyish charms were forever gone.

“Kim Heechul, how have you been?”

“You dummy!” Heechul cried smacking Yunho on the shoulder. “Why…why didn’t you call…why didn’t you tell me you were awake?!!!”

A flock of heads turned, curious of the commotion going on at the corner of the room.

“Wonder what those Asians are fighting about,” said a blonde, scrawny teenage boy.

“Dunno, and don’t care. Just help me find something for my mom. I’m grounded and I need to convince her to unground me so I can go to Sarah’s New Year bash,” the brunette boy responded, surveying the shelf.

“Sorry,” Yunho said. “I…I couldn’t tell you…”

“Why?!” Heechul cried.

“Because…I…wanted it to be a surprise…and I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it.”

“Big deal?! Oh Jung freakin’ Yunho…it is a big deal!! Well for me anyways!!” Heechul cried, pointing to his chest.

“Well…it’s funny how we both ended up here…” Yunho said, taking a great glance of the store.

“Oh don’t change the subject Jung Yunho! We are not done!” Heechul cried, wagging his finger.

“Sorry.”

“You took me by surprise…I really thought you would’ve died!!”

“I can get through anything…if I can survive a car accident…I can freakin’ survive a 10 feet fall…” Yunho said.

“Oh, it’s you being cocky again…” Heechul said, rolling his eyes.

“It seems like a missed a lot of stuff when I was in a coma…”

“You did…” Heechul said, nodding as he picked up his phone. “You missed-.”

“I missed the good part of our battle…” Yunho sighed. “I also missed the court battle...and the part when my abouji gets arrested…”

“Don’t worry Yunho,” Heechul said, patting Yunho’s shoulder. “There’s Youtube.”

“You’re right,” Yunho said, nodding his head.

“I’m just so glad your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter