Unveil

Snow Flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: You can skim through the purple words since ya'll already saw that..

After Junsu arrived at the scene, I ran away from Lee Mi Ran’s dead body, taking matters into my own hands. I asked Junsu to report the accident instead, in hopes to escape a bombard of investigatory questions. Running away from that scene, I went back to my house, retrieving the laptop and the additional evidence, abruptly changing the flow of things.  

After getting off the taxi, I bolted to Heechul’s café, entering unannounced.

“Yun-,”

“Heechul...” I said, panting.

“Wh...what’s wrong?!” he asked, his eyes growing. “You...you’re a mess!”

“I..know...” I said, dusting the dirt off my jeans. “We...need...to...do...the exhibition...now,” I said.

“Wait...what...NOW?! Are you crazy Jung Yun-.”

“Jaejoong...has been kidnapped!” I exclaimed, submerging the walls with my voice.

“W...what?!” Heechul asked, batting his eyes.

“My abouji...they...took...Jaejoong...”

“What?! What...what makjang are you spewing out?!”

“It’s not makjang!” I cried, hoping he would take my matters seriously.

“It’s closing time...” Heechul said. “What do you want me to do?!”

“I want to hold the exhibition...NOW,” I declared, glancing at the banner.

“Wait...Yunho, am I hearing you right? NOW?!”

“Yes!”

“But...it’s SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW! How...how?!”

“Where’s the list of people you invited?”

“Um...it’s in my office,” Heechul stated, looking confused.

“Call everybody in that list, and tell them to come right now...and cancel the press conference...just tell the news outlet to come here immediately.”

“N...now?!”

“Yes!” I cried.

“Fine...don’t take your anger out on me...”

“Heechul,” I said. “This is serious.”

“I...know...I’m sorry...” he said, letting go of his dish cloth. “I’m just finding this all so sudden!”

“Just get to it,” I spat.

“Ugh, fine,” Heechul retorted, rolling his eyes as he rushed to the back room.

 

 

Now, I had to get matters into my own hands.

“Yunho.”

Turning around, Ji Cheol entered my sight with a bouquet of flowers, looking wide eyed.

“Ji Cheol!” I exclaimed. “I need help.”

“When did...”

“Look,” I said. “I have no time for questions right now. We have to get moving.”

“With...what?”

“The exhibition...”

“Yunho, you need to make yourself more clear,” he said, hoisting the flowers. “From the banner, I thought this exhibition was tomorrow, why are you doing it so suddenly?”

“Because...I need to expose my abouji...” I responded. “I...need...the whole nation...to be aware of this whole fire thing...”

“...”

“Do you know why Jaejoong and I got separated?” I asked.

“It’s because of a damn fire! A damn fire that he got unfairly accused of! And ever since we tried to get justice for him, my father’s been up to no good! He...killed his accomplice so the police wouldn’t get a word from that ing maid! He...also...tried to kill a teenage girl who wanted to act as a witness! the whole world needs to know that my abouji’s a ing monster...he...he...lured Jaejoong in that river...and he...kidnapped him!! I can’t let this ing happen anymore Gong Ji Cheol! I can’t...”

The build up of anger and resentment I held in had erupted out of my mouth, spewing out like lava. The effort it took to disclose those facts caused an overwhelming pain, a pain that weighed heavily against my chest.

Feelings of vengeance and the crave for victory pumped my veins and motivated me to keep on going. But, Jaejoong’s absence was killing this motivation of mine, even though I had to forgo this plan.

Ji Cheol stood there, frozen. He didn’t know what to do, nor what to say. I’ve been in his situation before, when I knew absolutely nothing. But that part of Jung Yunho has come to an end. I was no longer oblivious to my father’s schemes, nor his intentions.

“Can...you gather some people from outside, and tell them to come here? I’m getting rid of the admission fee...just try and get as much people...” I said. “I need a lot of people to sign this petition to re-open the case.”

“Oh...okay,” he nodded. “I’ll...try to do anything to help you.”

“Good,” I said.

Taking a great glance, I studied the arrangement of paintings, each mounted on the wall. The composition of my paintings were meant to symbolize something. Something deeper than one’s exterior. It was within the heart, speaking from the soul. 

I pulled out my phone, scrolling through the list of contacts.

Choi Dalpo

Choi Dal Po is a reporter that works at SBS. Through our numerous encounters (specifically in publicized art galleries), I managed to get a hold of his contact information.

“Hello?” Choi Dal Po answered.

“Dal-Po-ssi,” I said. “I need your help.”

“Oh sure Yunho-hyung. With what?” he asked.

“Are you busy right now?”

“Well, I’m at the broadcasting station...”

“I need you and your whole team to go to my art exhibition...”

“When?”

“Right now,” I answered.

“Wa...wait...what? I thought it was tomorrow.”

“I decided to make it urgent. It’s important!” I exclaimed. “It’ll be good for your career and for SBS itself.”

“Why...do you have some big scoop or something?”

“I’m giving you something REALLY big to cover,” I said. “So come here right now...”

“But I can’t just record it now...there’s a drama that airs in that slot!”

 “Can you convince the drama department to...halt the drama...just for this night...” I pleaded.

“So...you want to stop one episode from airing? But it’s our station’s highest rating drama at this slot...”

“I just need this slot...just for tonight, okay? I want everyone to see this...it’s better than any drama out right now...”

Won Bin’s drama was currently airing at this time slot, which meant lots of people were tuning in. If I took the slot, that means I could lure audiences to watch my live broadcast.

“Just ask them to play a few minutes of the episode...and then...air my segment...”

“I have to ask you one thing hyung. What makes your segment more important than a drama? It better be groundbreaking news...if it’s not...my boss will fire me...”

“It’s the truth about Jung Minho. And his scheming ways.”

~~

The ambience grew louder and crazier, as the broadcasting crew made their arrival. Big, intimidating cameras were positioned throughout the whole room, made to capture the highlight of the gallery. Microphones were being mounted, adjusted to the perfect height.

“Hey you guys like want coffee?” Heechul asked, holding a whole tray of coffee.

“Sure!” the ahjussi behind the camera said.

“It’s all brewed by me~~~” Heechul said in a flirtatious tone.

I bent over the laptop, launching the Powerpoint containing my abouji’s atrocities. The projector stood behind me, currently idle.

“So...what are you actually up to Jung Yunho?” Heechul asked, putting the empty tray to his side.  

“You’ll find out once I get this whole thing started.”

“I can’t believe you plastered my whole café full of Jaejoong’s faces,” Heechul remarked, glancing at the walls. “Tell me the truth Yunho.”

“The truth about what?” I asked, gazing at him.

“You got your memories back, right?”

I heaved out a huge, loud sigh. “Yes.”

“Oh my god.”

“Yup,” I nodded.

“That explains your whole Jaejoong obsession...and why your so keen to do this exhibition...don’t tell me...”

“You know why I’m doing this?” I asked.

“...”

“To prove you wrong. To prove everyone wrong, to be exact.”

“...”

“I’m tired of everyone blaming Jaejoong. I’m absolutely sick of it! Once you watch this whole Powerpoint, you’ll realize how wrong you were from the start...”

“Hey...why are you getting all mad at me?! I...just said Jaejoong was not good for your heath...that’s all!” he exclaimed.

“You said he’s the reason why I became crazy. Half of it is true, while the other has a side to it that will leave you very surprised...”

“...”

“So be prepared Heechul-ssi.”

“Aish...you never changed Jung Yunho, you’re still scary as ever!” he cried, sticking out a tongue. He soon walked away, placing the tray onto the bar counter.

“Hyung...”

“Dal-Po-ssi!” I cried. “So is everything okay now?”

“Yup, we’re just making last minute adjustments...” he said. “So...are you presenting that powerpoint?” he asked, looking over my shoulder.

“Yeah...”

“I better get a raise from this,” he quipped, sipping Heechul’s brewed coffee.

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk your boss to it.”

“He’s quite a scary man,” he said.

“Oh...I’m scarier,” I remarked.

From afar, Ji Cheol’s silhouette grew as he stepped towards me, followed by a bunch of women. Of course it would be women. He was basically a chick magnet, despite his ‘gayness’.

“Yunho, I got you people...” Ji Cheol said, pointing at the girls.

“Yeah, with your face and body,” I remarked. “Impressive.”

“Anyways, when...when are the other people coming?” he asked.

“Soon,” I said. “Heechul managed to call of them...”

An influx of people entered the café as their voices circulated throughout the room. The noises increased in volume as another group walked in, ensuring a large audience. Contentment filled me, anticipating for their reactions. Their attention immediately went towards the paintings, admiring its beauty.

They looked quite amazed with my painting as I spotted the fascination in their gazes. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Woah...daebak...I wonder who this is, the man is so pretty...do you think a human could look like that?” a girl asked as she faced the painting placed at the center.

“I doubt it, he’s simply too beautiful to exist,” the man responded.

They were right indeed; he was too beautiful that I couldn’t have him.

I pocketed my phone, soon checking the time. It was 10:45 PM. My heart rate increased, growing paranoid of the ticking time. I took an intake of breath, in hopes to calm my jittering nerves. Could I present this all in one hour?

Catching my attention, the door flung open, unveiling Changmin and my Hyung.

“Changmin! Hyung!” I cried, gesturing them to come at my direction.

My breath hitched, knowing that Changmin was here to see my exhibit. I was certain that he would dislike the sight of those paintings. But I couldn’t do anything about it, it’s been a theme set for ages, nobody, nor my stepbrother’s opinion could change it.

“Wow, it’s packed here...” Changmin said, taking a great look of the room. “There’s even reporters.”

“Glad you made it,” I said, patting Changmin’s shoulders.

“We should go take a look,” Hyung said.

“Go ahead...”

....

My heart raced as Changmin gravitated towards the wall of paintings. I tracked every bit of his step, monitoring his facial expressions. I bit my lip in nervousness, knowing a storm would arise.

Signs of disapproval began to show as he furrowed his eyebrows at the paintings, accompanied with a deep frown. Looking down at his hands, his fingers curled, soon forming into a fist.

“Hyung,” I said, pulling him back.

“What is it?”

“Did you find abouji yet?” I asked.

“No...not yet...he won’t answer me...” he croaked.

. He was probably with Jaejoong, right? That bastard.

“Go...go ahead. Look at the paintings,” I said.

I’ll give them a few minutes to look at my paintings before the real show begins.

“Yunho!”

“Junsu!” I cried as he entered the café. “So...is...”

“The police know it’s murder.”

“How?” I asked, somewhat surprised.

“They found finger marks on her neck,” Junsu said. “They also spoke with a witness who saw the killer...”

“Wait...really?!” I asked. “Who...who...”

“Well, the witness didn’t see the murder, but she did see him run into the van after she heard water splashing...”

“Oh my god...”

“And do you know who the witness happens to be?” Junsu asked.

“Wh...who?” I asked.

“Kim Chae Won.”

Every letter, every syllable that formed Kim Chae Won’s name felt like a sharp bee sting. A sting that one could not expect on a rainy day.

“Chae...Chae Won?” I stammered, shocked by the fact. “My...my Chae Won?”

“Technically not yours anymore, but yes. Kim Chae Won...”

“I...I see...” I croaked. “How...how about Jaejoong, did you...did you file his missing report?” I asked.

“Yes, I did.”

“Oh...okay,” I said.

“We should start now...” Junsu said, glancing at his watch.

“Let’s go,” I said, walking towards the center of the room. “Choi Dal Po.”

“Are you ready?” he asked, turning to my direction.

“Yes,” I said, nodding.

“Okay,” he said, fixing his jacket lapel. “I’ll be filming in five.”

“I’ll be ready by then,” I said.

“Let’s go Yunho-yah...” Junsu said from where the laptop was.

“’kay,” I said, nodding.

“So...did you transfer Lee Mi Ran’s confession from your recorder to the Powerpoint?” Junsu asked, doing a round check on the Power Point.

“Yup,” I said.

“You did spell check?”

“You made this Power Point with me, why are you asking me now?” I asked.

“Just making sure,” he said. “You better reward me with something...you broke my car...”

“Oh right...” I croaked. “I’ll make it up to you in some way okay?”

“Fine,” he said. “Let’s start now, we must not waste time.”

I inhaled deeply, warming myself to the crowd.

“Excuse me!” I cried.

The noise ceased from within the crowd as I made my cry of attention. Eyes and heads turned, drawn towards the projector. I made a gesture at Dal Po, signaling him to commence the broadcasting. He nodded back at me, returning the hand signal.

“Hello, this is Choi Dal Po, reporting for SBS news. Due to the significance of this news, tonight’s primetime drama will not be aired.”

“...”

People exchanged glances, seeming confused of the sudden broadcast.

“What the heck?”

“Why are they reporting this in the news? Isn’t it too early in the night?”

“Is this live?”

The camera lenses captured Dal Po as he faced my back. Dal Po moved closer towards me, somewhat filming from a diagonal angle.

“Currently, we are at Jung Yunho’s art exhibition, an exhibition that has been urgently planned.”

“Jung Yunho, the son of Jung Foods Association has something he wants to disclose. In my surroundings, I have a crowd, and also a wall full of carefully crafted paintings. Known for his intricate details, and his vivid colors, Jung Yunho is a critically acclaimed artist, whose work as been displayed at one of Paris’s biggest, most famous galleries.”

 “Welcome everybody. Thank you for coming to my exhibition...” I said.

Clapping hands reverberated throughout the walls, evoking a response within the crowd.

“As you see, I know some of you,” I said, looking into the camera lenses. “Are pissed because I interrupted Won Bin’s comeback drama. But this is quite important.”

“But please watch this segment. This is super important, and if I say something is important, it’s really important.”

“Anyways,” I said, clearing my throat. “The paintings you see here...they’re more than just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter