Chapter 8: Her confession

Faking crush on me

 

The last period end as the bell ring loudly. All the students rush out from the classes and heading out to the gate in such an impatient. The atmosphere turned louder than a minute ago.

Jongup gets up from his seat, hanging his bag on his left shoulder before walking up in front, passing the tables. When he reached mine he placed a small piece of paper on top of it. 

I glance at it curious then look up at him.

"It's my number, text or call me if you decide to where are we going to do the assignment" He said, and his tone is soft.

I form my lips into circle and nod, "Okay"

He doesn't say anything anymore, instead resume to walk up to the door. I watch him silently and when his figure gone behind the door, Soyeong appeared with a wide grin on her face afterward. I can perfectly guess that her mood raise high because of Jongup. They sure bumped to each other a minute ago.

The excitement of telling her about my partner increases dramatically and I can't wait to see her reaction. The small paper earlier, I keep them in my pocket and trying to act normal with my straight face. 

"Hana~" She sings song my name then step inside my classroom.

"You're always the late one" She complained while eyeing the empty room around us. I snort quietly but don't reapond at her words. To be honest, I did that on purpose because I don't like to squeeze myself along the students. It's suffocating me as well.

"Yah, I'm talking to you, Kang Hana" Soyeong lightly slap my hand, pissed off with my silent.

"Yeah" I said eventually and she pouts. 

"Look at you.. Cold Hana, cold Hana, I wonder who are going to break your icy heart" She smirk on her spot.

"Oh, Just shut up and let's go home" I roll my eyes, taking my bag to my shoulders before strolling to the door. 

Soyeong bursts out her laughter and run up to follow behind me. She has those big grin on her cute face while feeling amused over my annoyed face. The large hall only filled with emptiness since all the students gone to their home. 

We both walking in such a steady and relax pace which our steps match in rhythm together. 

"Guess what?" I started, having a meaningful smile over my face. I glance at her who are still in joyful mood.

"What?" She tilts her head slightly to me.

"I have a project and have to do it with my partner" I inform and she frowns at that.

"So, what?" 

I don't answer her right away but let her curious about it for a second.

"You don't want to know who is it?" I ask directly to her when I found the wrinkle turned more deep across her neat eyebrows.

"Is it a must for me to know?" 

"Of course, you must know it. It's have something to do with you" I chirped and having a small laugh between it.

She narrows her eyes over me and now both of us are strolling past the gate of school. 

"Okay, so, who is it?" She just asks in no mood,completely doesn't interesting. Her face is expressionless obviously than a minute ago.

"Moon Jongup" I said in flat voice and her steps died immediately. 

My feet stop too and it's a few away ahead than hers. I turn to her at the back and found her frozen face. Her body goes rigid in front of me. 

I don't know it would give such a big effect on her, so I approach her and touch her arm.

"Yah" My voice is soft.

She snaps an instant and look at me in confused for a second. Then she let out a nervous laugh to me.

"Jongup, woah.. lucky you. He seems nice though" her voice shaky in jealousy. She begins walking again, skip past me after show me a force smile.

I think this offend her hard.

I scoot to her and reach her pace. I noticed her poker face and I totally can't read her actual expression right now.

"You like him" I stated.

She remains silent.

"And I know it" I add. She squint her eyes toward me through her glasses.

"I didn't say anything, it's not serious thing. You're happened to be his partner" She smiles at me in sincere now. I guess she just had thought over it and decided to take it positive.

I don't return her smile.

"Remember what you've said to me, I'm having an icy heart and right now no guys have ever break them yet, even Jongup. So, don't worry" I try to convince her.

"I know that, So, don't worry about me too. Why so serious?" She chuckles, covering with palm.

"Because your face was serious" I still in serious mode.

"OMG, you're scaring me right now, Seriously it's not a big deal. Yes, I like him and I trust you either" She blunts eventually. 

I break into smile after she spilled that out "That's what I wanted to hear actually"

"Huh?" She is clueless at my words.

"You took so long to admit that you like him to me" I stuck out my bottom lip in a pout. In response, her face turned shade of red, embarrassed hardly.

"I don't know but I don't want to look like having one side love to you. He seems doesn't like me. I think I've fallen for the wrong guy" She laugh.

I laugh too and then shake my head "You're wrong. He just doesn't like all girls, not only you"

"What are those supposed to mean? Then how did both of you become a team?" She asked full with curiosity.

"I'm not sure about that too" I answered and trying not to tell her about Jongup is putting trust on me instead of my classmates. She might be jealous. It would caused a new trouble. I can tell she is so into over him which I relieve so much. 

"Only us was left, so both of us end up to be paired together" I smiles.

"Oh I see" She bites her lips, without looking at me. 

"I think this is your golden chance" I said after the silent took over us. We are standing at the bus stop. Soyeong looks at me weird.

"What do you mean?"

A wide grin already plastered on my lips as my hand dig to my pocket then I let out a small paper before showing in front of her face.

She looks at it in confused and her face is blank completely.

"What's that?"

"I got his number!" I raise my voice in slight joy.

"Seriously? let me see" She quickly snatches it from my hand and gawk in disbelief. I watch how hard she is trying not to scream in front of me. She still control herself even I already know it.

"You're seriously lucky, I envy you" She honestly said, handing it back to me.

I take it and fish out my phone from my blazer. "I don't feel lucky at all, Soyeong. You would, if you were in my position I guess" I chuckle while typing down his number in the contact list. 

She grins. I look up and give her back the paper "Here, you can have it"

"Eh" The shock is written on her face.

"You can keep them" I add,

"What for? I'm too shy to even make a first move since I'm a girl" She mumbles with a frown. 

I force it the paper to her hand "It's fine. It might help you sooner. Who knows" I said, giggling. She throws me a gaze, staring me weird.

"Just keep them, I know you want it too" I smirk.

"Yah!"

"Look, a bus is coming over!"I interrupted her right away, and point my index finger in the direction. A glimpse of the bus could be seen from afar, crawling here with such a slow pace. We wait patiently even the sun burn every our skins.

I look over Soyeong who are smiling on the paper and I give her a light nudge on the elbow. She snaps and quickly shove the paper in her bag, grinning in shame for being caught by me.

I tsk and shake my head a bit. A bus arrived right at in front of us and we climb up it in line. The seats has been fulled by people and only left for one seat. Soyeong promptly slams her on it before anyone does. I giggle at it and standing calmly beside her seat while holding the holder in my hand. Since I'm going to drop first, I don't even mind she is sitting instead. 

The ride takes about fifteen minutes to reach my place so, we are having a conversation for a while. People keeps squeezing around me and it's super full. I'm worry, I might can't make myself out from it.

The moment I notice my house place is getting near, I reach my hand to push the button 'stop' at the beside window, but a hand make a move first from behind my back. I startled and jerk my hand back to me. I instantly turn around and surprised to see a person stand way to close to me.

It's him again.

That Jung Daehyun guy.

I almost drop myself on Soyeong's lap because of too shocked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap you like that, Kang Hana" He flashed me with his angel smile and his pretty eyes smile distracting me again. His voice sounds whisper and low deep in a way my heart beat more fast than normal, but I'm not letting myself being tricked by him.

I don't say anything but look at Soyeong back. She is smiling wide and I enlarged my eyes to her, sensing that she already knows his presence behind me from the beginning yet didn't tell me. Like seriously, how long he was there?

The bus pull to the side of the road, in front of bus stop. The door push open. Some people are walking out.

I bid a farewell to Soyeong "See you tomorrow"

She returns with the same and I turn around to be trapped by Daehyun's body and I only able to let my gaze on his chest. It takes for a second before he can finally move away since people are getting less. I follow him and hop out from the bus.

He paused himself halfway after going out and look at me as if wanting to say something. But I just resume walking in left direction, totally ignore him. He goes to opposite mine and just that, we're been separated. I don't even turn or give him a glance and a soft breath released my lips.

"There's nothing to be thinking of, He's stranger" I mutter to myself. To be honest, He's sketchy which make me more being careful. 

Then, I got a text message. I take my phone out and as I expected. It's from my Ex again.

Have a safe walk on your way home :)

...

I've sent Jongup a text message yesterday night, to meet at the library after school period end and luckily, he didn't have anything to do. So, it's opportunity for us to even start our project from now.

I told Soyeong too, to head home by herself and she seems don't have problem with it. I hope she doesn't jealous at this small meeting but, I knows she does trust me.

As usual, I will let all of my classmates go out from the classroom first. Once it empty, I get up from my chair, taking my bag along. I stroll to the door and walk down the hall in silent. My dark hair swing back and forth behind me when I'm walking.

Since my class in the third floor, I need to take staircase. I hop down one by one and only the sound of my footsteps could be heard in my ears. 

My legs skip to the next block and suddenly I spot someone quite familiar not really far from the men's toilet. He is standing against the flat wall, examining the thing in his hand and so into at it. 

I realized, my pace is not fast as a minute ago but stepping ahead in hesitation. The more I come closer the most I feel my heart race uncontrollably. My stomach does a weird flip inside it.

I don't understand

I can see clearly, he is something like a strap phone in from of his face. It's like a glass marble- shiny, apparent and tiny. It's beautiful.

Himchan turns to me when he feels my presence near him and quickly the strap phone, he shoves inside his pocket and covering with throwing me a sweet smile.

"Hana, hi" He greets me and straighten his body a bit, both his hands in his pockets.

"I'm waiting for Yongguk" he told me even I didn't ask. 

I frown at him but still don't say anything, then just in time, Yongguk appears from the toilet and surprised to see me there too.

"Oh hey, Hana. Why are you still here? Are not you going home?" His voice actually almost same with Himchan's but more deep and slow.

I calmly shake my head and smile "Later, need to go to library first. I have something to do"

"Oh Homework?"

"Kind of" I grin and he nods

"Then, we go first" He said and turn around.

"Ok" I stand still without moving and so does Himchan. 

"Let's go Himchan" He calls out when his friend didn't budge on his spot. I look at him and found his gaze is on me straight. 

"What are you looking at?" I mutter bravely.

He pushes his body from the wall immediately and approach me an instant. My eyes wides at his action and make me nervous out of nowhere.

Abruptly, he touches my hair in his fingers and sniff it to his nose. I quickly slap his hand away and he just return me with a smile and chuckle a bit "I love your shampoo scent anyway"

Then he walks off, leaving me gawk.

"Yah!" My voice sounds uneven.

I hate him!

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I recently did Yongguk's one shot, feel free to check on it ^^ -> Nearly dead