Chapter 6: Unexpectedly text

Faking crush on me

 

 

Sorry for the late update! Enjoy!


 

"Why you didn't come to school yesterday?" The next day, I ask my beloved friend as soon as we took a seat at the long table in this crowded canteen. The atmosphere fills up with a noisy, giggling group of students and voices in this large room. 

Soyeong suddenly moody flicks her egg rolls with the chopstick in front of me. I guess, I've ruinned her appetite by the topic.

"They did again" She lowly says, breathe out a sigh. I stop eating and look at her with sort of sympathy. She always has this problem with her parent. I don't know much about it but they are like giving her more burden than it should be. She once told me, her parent aren't like mine, comfortable, happy and in a good team, They are more like her guardian that took her somewhere out of pity despite the truth, she is their biological daughter.

"Soyeong, I really feel sorry for you" I seriuosly don't know how to comfort her even I want to. She lifts up her head and throw me her usually force smile.

"It's fine, Hana. I'm getting used with it" The way she said as if she was done with it but I can't object it more.

"You have to be strong" That's all I can say right now. Her lips form into the real smile right now "Thanks Hana"

I nod and relief that she didn't carry on with the problem. I don't want her to feel down bacause of it. She's a cheerful girl I've ever met and I'd assume that she's the light in my life. She would bright me with her presence and I want her to know that I'm grateful to have her as my friend. 

"How was yesterday?" She changed the topic and starting to eat her warm rice. I silently watch her to how fast her mood dramatically change. She's just back to herself which I want it.

"Nah, it was boring and lonely" I flatly reply. 

Soyeong let out a loud luagh at my blunt. "I knew it" She mutters

I pout while stabbing kimchi with my chospstick. Not that hard. It's just to show my protest. "I have no one to talk to.. I even had my lunch by myself"

I put some pieces of kimchi in my mouth before chewing it. "Oh, I had met Yongguk Oppa yesterday" I told her. 

She in the middle of taking her fried fish but stop for a moment. "Oh really? You were not completely alone then" She smirks.

"I was mostly being alone." I correct her in irritation.

She chuckles.

Somehow Soyeong drives me nuts and I want to knock her head for teasing too much. She doesn't know where or when the situation is serious. She just has to change that attitude but the more I hate, the more she'd annoy me. It's like her habit.

Well, She does know Yongguk, and had once she insanely was trying to pair me up with him but I refuse and obviously disagreed. She doesn't really know that Yongguk likes my sister because that's secret between me and him. "We just had short conversation" I said, stuffing rice in my mouth.

Soyeong resumes taking some of fish with the chopstick then putting them on top of a spoon of her rice before shoving inside her small mouth. At the moment, She looks like a fish where both of her cheeks bloated out adorably.

She nods her head to my words but yet didn't say anything. She is busying finishing her food in .

I shakes my head over her and about to talk again but suddenly, a few of boys come sit beside us since it was empty before. Me and Soyeong both turn our heads to them.

"Oh, hey Hana" There is a boy sit beside Soyeong, greeting me. "Can we sit here?" 

I roll my eyes, glancing at him in mock. "You should have asked us before you land your down, not now" I mutter,

He grins, "Uuu, I like cool Hana" He throws me a wink. Another person beside him, give him a nudge on the albow, wanting him to stop. while the person next to me just remain quiet and watch us intently. I don't get it, why must he took a seat beside me, even there's a gap but still I don't fond it.

Daehyun smiles at me when I glance at him once. 

"Hana, just ignore them" Soyeong interrupts, I run my gaze away without returning his smile then look at my friend with a sigh. I can't even kick them out from the table because this table is not technically ours. It can be used by anyone and it's actually for six people. Personally, I don't quite mind if there's anyone sit with us, it's just I'm sick of guys. No, I allergic with them.

"Just back to the topic, where were we?" Soyeong asks, spooning by another rice.

"It's about Yongguk Oppa" I remind her while sipping my soup a bit. by a second, I almost dropped the spoon when I feel something brushing against my albow. I instantly turn my head to the side and to be greeted by Daehyun's surprised face. He's seemed in the middle of taking a bite of his meal and our albows bumped to each other by accidentally.

"Oh sorry" He murmurs, the way he said as if he doesn't fake it, but I still don't like it. So, I shift away, pulling my tray along before acting like nothing happened just now.

I focus my eyes on Soyeong's face again. She didn't notice and I secretly breath out in relief.

"You know" I start and she lifts up her head as raise her eyebrows over me. "I didn't even know Yongguk Oppa has close friend"

She gives me a weird look "He deserves to have close friends, everyone does, Hana. So, there's nothing wrong about it"

"I know that, I'm not stupid" I almost raised up my voice but then slow down again. "I mean, his friend is bothering me" I blunt.

Soyeong stops chewing, straighten her body "Himchan?"

"You know?" I'm surprised when his name rolled out from easily.

"Seriously?" Soyeong disbelief with me. She's shaking her head, So I'm confused "What?"

"I see them all the time in the school. It's weird when you don't" She mumbles. I look at her and she points her spoon behind me. So, I turn my head and look. There's Yongguk and his friend, eating on the table a bit far from us. They're talking and laugh. I feel my saliva get stuck beneath my throat.

"Why I never notice?" I mumble, looking at my meal again that only left half.

"Hana, I think you need serious talk" Soyeong honestly announces. I lift my head and wait.

Soyeong takes a deep breath "Are you really closing your heart?" She asks in serious tone.

"Why are you asking?" I don't answer, flicking the rice a bit while avoiding her gaze afterward.

"Because you don't give a damn about anything around you, you're running away from any male's topic. See, you even didn't know about Yongguk Oppa. As far as I know you have trust in him, but thinking you didn't know who is his best friend that obviously always glued together, making me worry"

Her words stunned me and once again I don't answer. I bite my lower lip in dilemma.

Soyeong sigh hard in front of me, "Let me ask you one more thing"

I don't respond.

"Did you meet with his friend?" She asks,

I nod, "Yesterday"

"Yongguk Oppa introduced him.. to me" my voice grow low and I run my gaze over her and she only stares at me. Quite long. I want to know what go through her mind that time.

"Okay, since you told me he's bothering you. You have to tell me why you seem care about it?" Soyeong pushes her already empty tray then cross both of her arms over her chest.

"I'm not, it's just I don't like the way he looked at me" I straightforward.

"Like how?" She curiosity asks.

I shake my head an instant "I don't know. let's just forget it"

"No, say it" She protests.

"No, Just forget it. That's final" I get up, taking my tray and walk off, leaving the table. Soyeong calls my name but I deaf myself completely.

"Aish this girl"

.....

There's still left a few minutes before our break time end. I'm sitting on top of my table and throwing out my gaze outside the window. In my classroom a bit quite when only me and Soyeong here. My leg swing back and forth in steady, somehow they prod against the foot of chair in front of me which giving me an ease feeling unknowingly. 

I observe the students walk here and there, probably just finished taking their lunch. There's several groups down there, joking, talking, playing around, and gossiping.

"Hana, I'm thinking of baking this evening" Soyeong's voice filled up the empty room all of sudden. "How it is?"

"Cool" I said, looking at her who are cleaning the blackboard of my classroom. I bet she has nothing to do. 

"But in your house, okay?" She asks again, turning around as finding me who is at the end of the room with the eraser in her hand.

"Yeah, No problem" I say,

"Great, you're the best!" She makes a small cheer in her spot then continuing erase. My lips crack a thin smile over her but my heart squeezed in pain inside over the fact Soyeong is afraid of her parent. She loves baking, like really much but her parent against it hard. One day, she had an intention to take a baking class but after her parent found out about it, they prohibit her right away. They think it's such a waste, at the end she learns them from the book and internet.

I think it's fine to bake for a hobby but she still doesn't want her parent to find out. So, that's why she always borrows our kitchen which my family never mind at all. For them she's like a part of us and I'm happy for that.

Soyeong's life sort of complicated and not all I know about it but I never force her either despite we are best friends.

"I was reading this new recipe a week ago.." Soyeong keeps on talking in front but I drift in my thought again as I look at the outside window. Unexpectedly, my eyes catch two small figures down there, walking side to side, heading to this block. I lock my eyes over them and watch them carefully. 

It's Yongguk and his friend.

I think I trance deeply when I don't even realized that his friend, Himchan is looking up at me here, uncovering my stare on them. I startled and quickly move my gaze away in insecure. My stomach drops along my heart. I grip down my phone in my palm which gaining sweat a bit. 

I look in Soyeong's direction and found her demeanor changed completely. She's quiet which making me wonder right away. I glance around the room and spot a person that I know, sitting on his desk.

Jongup!

He's staring confusingly over Soyeong's presense at the in front. Well, She is not actually from this class, it probably making him weird to see her for the first time. I squint over her again and I performed my smile immediately. Her face is surprisedly red due to shy. 

That's cute!

"KIM SOYEONG!" 

Both of them turn to look at me. I ignore Jongup's gaze instead I grin at my friends who is embarrassing.

"Nothing, just calling you" I try not to burst my laugh.

"Y-yah, Th-that's not fun" She's stuttering cutely. "I'm leaving now" She quickly says, before running out from our classroom. I glance at Jongup and noticed his eyebrows furrow hard. He gives me a question look afterward and I only returned him with a small smile, shaking my head.

I jump off from the table and my phone beep as I got an message. It's must be Soyeong.

I excitedly unlock my phone and read the text.

 

I miss you

 

From: The stupid jerk!

It's my first Ex. My face changed when my smile dropped off from my lips in just a second.

 

 


Did you watch B.A.P skydive MV.. ? OMG that's COOL!! MOON JONGUP STOOD OUT MORE.

I can't stop listening to this NOIR ALLBUM.. All their songs are amazing!!!!

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!