Chapter 10: New adventure

Faking crush on me

 

"Yah, I thought you're sincere to bring me along" Soyeong whispers into my ear after noticing Jung Daehyun's figure in the car. Her eyes squint to him for a second before landing on my face curiously, trying to get my actual answer behind the unforeseen invitation. We both are sitting at the backseat while Jongup seated next to Daehyun in silent with the radio and I almost can't catch the music that playing now, since it's quite slow.

I make a weak sigh, forcing myself to look at her face. "I'm sorry, I didn't know he- I mean, I didn't know, it will come out like this way. It was absolutely unexpected." My voice is low, trying hard not to let the boys hear me.

She pouts, "Stay, it looks like you're using me" 

She leans her back and fold her both hands over her chest. I have a sigh left my mouth due to the fact is true. I have no choice. I don't really like it too.

"I'm really sorry, Soyeong. It's okay, I can ask them to drop you at your house now, if you don't want to follow us and I'm really sorry for it" I don't want to get addressed as a bad friend. It's worse ever in my life.

"Don't!" She screams without realizing, drawing entire intention from the both guys in front of us.

I wide my eyes at her loud voice too and my heart almost missed a beat. She quickly cupped with her palms and look at me, timidly.

I notice Jongup has an argue to turn around, looking toward us but he didn't. I'm not sure if he is bothering with Soyeong's presence in here or something else. Daehyun on the other hand, shift a bit on his seat and still drive in calm. His eyes once looks at the review mirror and meets mine which is I look away immediately, nervous.

"Yah, what are you shouting about?" I elbow her in the ribs and shot her a glance.

"You took that seriously, do you think I'm going to miss the chance to approach that hot Moon Jongup easily? It's my time to get to know him at least" She still in lower voice.

I stuck out my bottom lip,"ert"

She silently chuckles at my word and shake her head "I don't get it, why you seem have a problem with him?" She changed the topic.

"Who" I ask in innocent without looking at her. 

"Him, the one who is driving right now" She says straight. 

I press my lips together, musing for a right words.

"Well, He's making me uncomfortable" That's all I managed to say. It takes a minutes, before noticing that we are talking a bit loud this time where I heard Daehyun cleared his throat on his seat. Soyeong and me silently exchange the gaze, but don't say anything afterward. Then, Daehyun presses the icon in the radio to turn the volume up, breaking the tense silent in the car.

...

After almost two hours our journey, We finally arrived the Zoo as we planned. Four of us, getting out from the car and I watch Daehyun stretches his body on his spot across the car roof. For a moment, I feel bad for him because of driving too long. Jongup shouldn't drag him along. Only if I know from the beginning who is his housemate, I would definitely against on it firmly.

Daehyun catches me staring on him. He twitch his lips into a mischievous smile. My face flush red of embarrassment and quickly I tore my gaze away from him. That's how the uncomfortable exist in me to him, it's truly because of his stare. He has been doing that quite frequently which is having me insecure. It was since we meet to be honest.

I found Soyeong in front of me, remain quiet strangely. Her eyes glued intently at Jongup who is busying with his phone. I think, it's good too to bring her along. She seems desperate to get to know him. I wonder, how long she is keeping her feeling over him.

While Daehyun, who is the one walk ahead and three of us, follow him up to the entrance. There is a several counters and we wait in line to buy our tickets. I'm behind Daehyun when I feel a light tap on my shoulder and I turn my head.

"What's your plan after this?" Jongup asks.

I don't answer, instead sneak a glance on Soyeong through his shoulder at the back before looking at him again.

"I brought a camera. I think I'll photograph the animal" I simply mutter.

"Then, how about me?" He frowns.

"Interview some guardian animal, I guess" I grin.

I can see the huge burden fall down to his face just as he makes his face to me. 

"Oh, nice job you got me" He rolls his eyes.

I turn my head back and ignore him. We step forward and I watch the back of Daehyun's head for a second before digging my bag to take my digital camera.

"Four student tickets, please"

I rose up my head instantly when Daehyun's voice slapped my ears and I gasp.

"Y-you don't need to pay for us" I whisper from his back and my voice is shaky. He is in the middle of taking out his wallet from his pocket then look over his shoulder at me.

"It's okay, It's all on me" He gives me his soft smile as hand it the cash of money to the lady that working at the counter.

"Thank you, Hyung" Apparently Jongup heard our conversation and mutter through my shoulder. He shows his teeth through his widen grin and stepping out of the line. Soyeong, on the other hand, blink without knowing anything.

"Move, poeple want to buy the tickets" Jongup speaks to Soeyong for the first time which a bit cold in my ears.

"But, I haven't buy one for me yet" She respond as the wrinkle appears between her eyebrows. She adjusts her glasses in confused.

"He already got them for us" He gestures his head to Daehyun before narrowing his eyes at Soyeong's tiny figure. Did he just judge her? Jongup surely the type of hard to get, I assume.

Just as I remember, where he was judging me before but glad he's on my side than my sister.

"But-"

I hang my camera around my neck then drag out Soyeong by her wrist since Daehyun just finished taking the tickets along his change of money in his hand and he and Jongup follow us. Once I released her hand, she pulls me instead and bring me to the entrance sign that written 'Seoul Zoo' before taking her phone out.

"Let's take a selca" She announces to me and holding up her phone above us a bit. It's actually in the middle of tons of people. Insane!

"But Soyeong, we come here not-"

"I know, I know but do it for me, please.." She cuts me right away and use her weapon by begging on me. She pulls me closer and our faces appear at her screen phone. Her body tastes completely excited that I never knew.

Click

I want to apart away but she holds me again. 

"Yah, at least smile. You look ugly with your blank face" She complaines when I remain my straight face a while ago with slight annoyed. I look at both of Jongup and Daehyun through the corner of my eyes and they are watching us in different way. Daehyun with amused face but Jongup with a boring look obviously.

A rush of heat come through to my face skin, and my cheeks must turn red right now. I focus back in the camera and hiss as forcing my lips into a smile. I try to bear with an embarrassed feeling inside.

"I'll kill you, Soyeong" I grit my teeth hard.

"You're welcome"

Click

....

"Why you didn't bring anything?" I observe Jongup who have nothing in his hand but only his phone. He casually walks beside me and we are heading inside to find perfect animal for our science project.

"What am I supposed to bring anyway?" He stupidly asks which making me hold my breath in rage.

"You should at least, bring books. I mean notebook or something for you to write down because you're the charge of interview here" I still remain my voice, not to look obvious that I'm mad right now.

"Yah, you should tell me earlier before we come here because I didn't know" He defends himself.

I almost facepalmed at this. He should know anything, not just wait for me to tell him only. Aish, this is totally driving me nuts.

I take my bag and searching my notebook and a pen before I shove them to his chest. He looks down at it before taking them.

"Here, you can borrow them" I allowed him.

"Oh.. okay" There's hesitation in his voice. But I ignore it as well.

"It's just one month project, you don't have to take them too detail. Just ask the basic one" I tell him.

"And we're going to analysis at the certain animals only" I add.

I squint my eyes over him and he is mimicking the way I talk.

"You nag like mothers" Jongup blunts as roll up his eyeballs.

I don't respond at his words instead turning my head to look at Soyeong but she is nowhere to be found now, I thought she was behind me along with Daehyun but He also gone.

I begin to panic and people are blinding my eyes, making it difficult to find her figure. 

"Where is my friend?" I ask out loud. 

Jongup distracted by my question. Confusing whether it's for him or else. But he still replied it.

"Don't know" He simply shrugs.

"I think she is with Daehyun Hyung. So, leave it out" He randomly says to me, opening my notebook in his hand.

I shut it close the notebook in huff and mutter "Don't you dare to look through my notebook" I give him a death glance

"..and I don't think so, there's your hyung and he is alone" I emphasized the word 'alone' and point my forefinger in Daehyun's direction who are watching ostrich keenly a few feets of us.

His eyes follow my finger before he speaks again "Then, what do you want me to do?" There's a sigh after his tone.

"Go find her of course" I dictate him shamelessly.

"Yah what are you? Her mom? She is not a kid anymore" He protest in dissatisfied written over his face.

"Yeah, but she is a GIRL" I said sarcastically.

And he lost his words on this then click his tongue once, giving up completely "Fine"

He turns on his heel before vanishing through the noisy crowd. I fish out my phone from my pocket jeans and text Soyeong

 

Me: Yah, where are you going?

 

Then, I got a fast reply from her

 

Soyeong: Somewhere, don't worry. I'm fine here. These penguins are cute

 

I breathe out in relief and smile and I don't bother to stop Jongup too as letting him to find her.

I think I will just saunter alone. I grip my camera and snap a few pictures of some animals that looking attractive to me. The place is kind of large and there's a couple of tiny trains sometime passed by. It's fun to be here and I'm totally glad this is my idea.

I head to wild animals before stopping by at the Bears place. There's Panda. I captured the board in the corner, which is explaining how the animal live and they are super cute and big. I love those mark on their faces. I can't stop my smile that keeps plastering on my face. It's lifting my mood entirely.

As the time passing, I stroll inside the large room, watching small animals like an insects and there's sneaks too in any kind of type. From small to huge, from venomous and not poisonous. It's gross, especially their sparkle skin.

I walk more deep to the narrow room and facing the big glass that filled with the lizards. They are in medium size, not too small and not to big either but all of them are not moving. I don't think they are sleeping, so I stare closer to the glass and abruptly one of them jerk forward toward me. I yell in startled as backward right away.

Someone catches me by the waist from behind. I flinch before turning around and to be greeted by Daehyun's amused smile.

"It's just an iguana" He told me, narrowing his eyes.

I clear my throat and steps backward a bit and my back almost touched the glass behind me. I still can feel his hand on my waist but I shake it away.

"I know that, it had been written here" I point at the board near the glass without meeting his gaze.

He respond my words by his small smile before budging two steps away from me and give me a room between the glass. I release a sigh that I didn't realize I've been holding a minute ago. I turn around back and lifting my camera to snap a picture of baby iguanas actually.

"You know" I heard his voice echoed behind me.

"You owe me a favor" He said. 

I frowns but then I remember. It'a about my sister. I nod calmly, letting him use the opportunity.

"What do you want to know?" I don't turn to look at his face when I'm busying scroll the images I took a while ago.

"How does it feel to be her sister?"

All my movements stop instantly as soon as he asked me that, speechless.