Chapter 3: My plan

Faking crush on me

 

My life goes on just almost normal like before and seem like some guys in my school show lack interesting in me any longer which relieved me eventually. I’ve not given them any chance to approach me and that’s how it worked. I’ve been through a lot things that taught me that got full attention isn’t fun as a thought. How my sister manages to go through it? She seems happy people are talking about her. Well, she got good compliments but I only got harsh words instead. Despite it sounds same but it’s different.

I hate how much gap the difference is between us. She stood out more than me. I’m like a small dust that hard for people to notice. Invisible and unnoticeable.

I’ve been notice since a few minutes ago, this guy is checking me out. His eyes is like going up and down on me and I know him, he’s one of my classmate. Weirdly, Kind of quiet guy, always sitting at the last row behind the class. Sometimes smart, sometimes dumb in unexpected way. He’s like in his own world in our class, doesn’t talk much just like me.

I’m waiting for Soyeong now by the patio near the gate school and this boy just a few feet away from where am I standing. I give him an uncomfortable look and he notices it but doesn’t flinch at all.

“What are you looking at?” Finally, the argue I’ve held to ask dropped down by a question.

“Nothing” He simply says, checking his phone one more before looking at me again.

“You just look fine” He state all of sudden and his name is Jongup, Moon Jongup as I remember.

“Huh?” I response by his words, completely lost in what he is trying to tell me.

He shrugs, scrolling down over his phone while speaking “I heard about you, a lot. You have a sister but she is prettiest than you. They said you’re ugly to ever be her sister”

He waits for a second.

“I had seen her once before and it was true, she is pretty” He says without looking at me. I don’t find the point why I’m listening to this. It’s going to annoying me more. I’m about to roll my eyes but he cuts me off.

“But,” He looks up, staring off over the tall gate in front of us. “You just look fine, and normal, there’s nothing wrong about you, just so you know”

I know I’m the most easy person when I found myself blush a bit over his statement. He waves his hand over his friend who are skateboarding over here in zip zap style before muttering again.

“Don’t get me wrong, Hana. I’m not interesting in you, no. I’m not interesting in any girls, not now yet. I still have a lot times for anything else other than hearing girl whining here and there”

Just as he said that, his friend reached in front of him, stepping hard at the end of his skateboard before catching them in his hand.

“Hey, Hyung”

“What took you so long?” Jongup ignores his warm greeted, glancing hard over the tall boy in front of him. Which known as his friend, I guess. The difference of their height somewhat distracted me. There’s too much gap but it seems never bother both of them at all. I bite my bottom lip.

The cute dimple boy grins innocently “Sorry, just from the toilet”

Then he notices me “Oh, You’re sister of Minjae Noona”

My stomach flips over. I give him an awkward smile, secretly quite dislike.

He’s like didn’t notice my hint, when he comes closer to me bravely “Well, I’m zelo. I heard your sister is pretty. Just wondering if I can get to know her any better”

That’s sounds pretty manly but the truth is I only saw him as cute boy who are asking to be babysat. Poor boy, just hit maturity.

A smack behind his head, startled him as well. “Ouch, what was that?” Zelo quickly looks over his shoulder and found an annoying face of his friend.

“Did you know how old are her sister is compared to yours?” Jongup asks actuality. Zelo pouts, “Age is just a number”

“Just shut up” Jongup almost face-palmed, his friend totally drives him crazy. He looks at me then, deciding to ignore his trying-to-be-man friend. “Gotta go, see you tomorrow in the class”

He didn’t wait longer as he walks off, leaving his friend behind, completely done with him. I even didn’t have a chance to response. I watch him away, following by Zelo who are starting to ride his skateboard over his hyung, chasing after him with a small whine.

“Guys are weird” I mutter

“Is that moon Jongup?”

I jump when somebody bombarding me out of nowhere. I spin around my body and to be greeted by Soyeong’s grin in front of my face.

“You scared me idiot!” I lightly slap her hand. She didn’t whine “You didn’t answer me”

I grunt, “Right, That’s him, what’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing” She quickly denys.

“He’s from my class” I add,

“I know”

I lift my eyebrows over her, suspiciously. She notices it before widening her eyes.

“Wait, what are you thinking?” She panics, her face turns pink for the first time. My smile grows wider.

“I sense someone is crushing over him” I tease.

“I AM NOT” She yells.

“I didn’t say it was you” As I said that, quickly I turn away, leaving her on her spot, amusing.

“But.. but  wait. Hanaaaa….” She tries to get me who are far away from her already.

I wave my hand over Soyeong, who are inside the bus. She’d be in the next stop, So, I’m the one went out first before her. The bus drive off, throwing ashen smoke in the air. I walk along the sidewalk and take a road that lead to my house.

My phone in my hand and everything around me fell silent when my focus only in the screen. For a second, the ‘beep’ sound comes out from my ‘WhatApp’. Soyeong’s name popped out and her picture with her puppy is showing up. I tap open and start chatting with her.

 

Soyeong: Dont take that seriously. I mean about Moon Jongup

Me: You LIKE him, Just admit it

Soyeong: OMG hana. Stop it!

Me: :P

Me: Seriously. Why would you be so shy all of sudden?

Soyeong: I’M NOT SHY

Me: Don’t lie.. Youre shy~

 

I chuckle, loving to until she freaks out. Seriously, I never thought she has eyeing the boy in our school. I thought she was an unfeeling person type, she seems to never touch about the topic, you know. love stuff.

 

Soyeong: Seriously, What did you guys just talking about?

 

I smile over her question. It’s such obvious, Soyeong. I’m ready to reply.

“Hey”

My fingers is typing the letter one by one on the screen phone while grinning.

“Err..”

Before I even be able to hit the ‘send’ button.

“Watch out!”

My head hit by one of electricity poles in front of me. My phone instantly slipped off from my hands as I cry out in pain. My fingers automatically brought up to my forehead.

“Ouch, What was that just hitting me!?” It’s freaking hurt like hell!

“That’s what I was trying to tell you”

I quickly pull my hand away and turn around, surprised by the voice.

My eyes enlarge. That’s the boy again.

“Are you ok?” He asks.

I don’t answer him, instead bending down to take my phone away. I resume strolling down, ignoring him. I hear his footsteps against the road behind me.

“Hey wait!”

Don’t look back. I remain myself firmly.

I actually embarrassed about a minute ago. I just made myself fool again, especially in front of him. Right now, I refuse to look at him and I know, my face is red like a tomato. The heavy pain on my forehead, I try to endure it. It feels like a few needles poke on it hard.

By then, he comes in front of me before stretching out both of his hands to prevent me. I stop walking, slightly pissed off.

“Are not we’re friends?” He asks, frowning.

“Are we?” Question with question.

“Yes, and you agreed it” He determinedly says, trying to smile. I press my lips into line. I do remember about the day before but, I never take that seriously. I only said ‘Ok’, does that count?

Finally, I make a sigh and give him a simple shrug. To be actually honest, I really don’t know or have any idea. I just don’t know what to do anymore. I’m tired all of this. For this while, I don’t want to involve myself to any guys. No, Not anymore.

He’s quiet for a moment, probably find a word to go on the conversation

“I bet, you’ve not known my name yet, right?” He asks,

“Hmm” I try to play along again.

“I’m Daehyun, Jung Daehyun” He introduces himself, a part of me still curious about his name before. Just a part, because he kept appearing in my sight lately after the incident he ‘saved’ me.

“Oh ok” I say, not really interesting to speak more. I begin to walk again and he does the same too. I didn’t object this time and letting him beside me.

“You didn’t tell me yours” He seems awkward for some reason.

My feet freeze, and my eyes quickly find his face. “Seriously?”

He gives me a confused look

“I mean, you don’t know my name?” I gasp at this. What kind of trick this time?

This is ridiculous. He should know my name. Everyone does in our school. Like I said before, I’ve been an attention that everyone spreading about.

I remember back then when my first boyfriend, asking my name like he was really interesting to know. What he talked to me all was sweet but now I feel sick when I know that was just sort of awful tactics. When my sister turned him down, he left me right away with no a slight sympathy. Got to admit it, he was the first guy I fell in love with. People said, first love is hard to forget and the struggle is real. He took my life for months that I wasn’t supposed to waste. I broke down but when I got over it, the second guy ruined it. He did the same just like him. Now my trust to any guys gone completely. It’s like I lock my heart up and never think to open them again.

“No, I tried to figure out your name before but it seemed difficult” He grins. I glance at him unhappy.

“You stalked me. It’s rude” I state. His eyes widen

“No, I didn’t..” He pauses, “Well, Just a little” he finally admits.

I grimace over his words, absolutely surprised “What the hell, just stalk my sister directly!” I think my patience is getting thin lately.

“Why would.. wait, do you have a sister?”

Great, this is definitely normal. That’s totally good start to dig about my sister through me. To this, I didn’t flinch. I’ve heard it a thousand times. I expected it from any man who talk with me.

“Let’s be honest” He adds when I don't say anything afterward, I focus my gaze over his face and the dot under his eyes, just distracted me again.

“I guess, there’s a lot of things I want to know..”

I quickly let out a loud sigh, really loud and I believe he was hearing them too. “Fine” I breathe out.

“Really?” I found the sparkle joy inside of his dark brown eyes.

“Yes, really” I roll my eyes.

Ugh..

“I only tell you this. My sister name is Kang Minjae. I’ll let you know the rest later”

I’m starting to think that I should be hard to get and if they really want to know about my sister, I will never hesitate to tell it. I might look bad, for divulging her privacy but I do know. My sister will turn them down definitely. For my safety, I will do the same, play hard to get.

But strangely, he’s not making it easier as my plan when he’s just standing there with his unreadable eyes. I thought he’s going to response. But there’s no ‘yes’, a nod, jumping, dancing or anything from him.

Just remain silent.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Jongup & Zelo 

Hope you guys like this story so far ^^