Chapter 25: He's nobody

Faking crush on me

 

A grip on his collar slowly loose and I found myself wordless for a second. There is a moment of silent and only ours eyes are connecting. I can hear the buzz sound of the wind in my ears when the dead silence walk by. My hand immediately drops down over my lap.

My mind is empty and I admit how shocked I am right now. It never comes crossing in my mind about this. Those words are like a strong wind that come out of nowhere and slap the whole of my face in just a few seconds.

I quickly blink my eyes once, coming back into my sense and break the eyes contact between us. My heart is starting to pound so hard under my chest without noticing and I feel butterflies within my stomach like usually. Now, I realized how many times I've felt this way but always deny it as much as I can.

I forcibly swallow my saliva and push up my body, standing straight.

"I-I just remember, I've kept some band-aids inside my bag" My eyes avoid to meet his as I turn around and throw my backpack on the wide table behind me.

I start to dig inside them and keeps busying on it. I didn't lie on this when I found them just in a short time.

I snatch them out and turn on my heel again over him and startled a bit when his gaze still on me, but just slightly narrow in exhausted. I inhale long then sit in front of him again, looking somewhere but his eyes.

My eyes run toward his bruises on his left cheek and they are turning slightly blue with a bit of blood on it. That's must be painful when the cut is opened and I have no idea how that bastard did it until he got that kind of cut. I just let out a sigh unknowning.

It's all my fault. My luck always is not on my side. I admit it, I'm such a troublemaker and never escape from being a bothersome to everyone. My fortune is easy to read when bad things keep on coming to me with no doubt at all. I always wonder why my life is hard to deal?

Sigh again.

I peel off the plastic of band aid and begin to put right on his bruises with so much caution. The seriousness in my face is showing the moment I focus on them and after I done, I scan the corner of his lower lip. It's badly bursted as my fingertip touch it in one soft tap. Oddly, He doesn't flinch, so I look at him just in case to check if he is not okay but what I got is only those familiar stares that full with attentive.

Oh

I drop my gaze down and those words he said a while ago comes playing in my mind again which I can't help it. I peel off for another one with my head hangs low before both of his hands hold on each sides of my head then gently pull me closer. My eyes widened by his unexpected deed and the second thing, I feel a soft warm of his lips pressed over my forehead.

My hands stiff and my body frozen by itself. It's like I've lost myself due to the warm he is giving me. My breath is uneven as my chest moves fast. I know I unable to do anything but treating me like this has gone me insane somehow. I breath in while closing my eyes. I lift up my head before meeting his eyes eventually.

"Why are you doing this to me?" My voice strangely sounds smooth and normal. I look at him straight with full of attention, demanding an answer.

His small smile appears a little "You should ask that to yourself instead, why are you doing this to me?" he drops his hands from my head, staying his gaze on mine.

I frown without hiding at all.

"I don't understand, I'm sure I did nothing" I say confidently. He nods then taking a band-aid in my hand without bothering to answer. He silently put it on the corner of his lips by himself.

After done, he focus on me again.

"Are you sure about that?"

I swear his eyes are beautiful and I'm dying because of it. I nod

"Yes" I say it casual.

He sigh, "Then, leave me now, Hana"

I press my lips together, before wetting them in uneasy "Why? I can't leave you here by yourself.. You're not fine. What if you suddenly collapse-"

"Seriously, did nothing you called" He mumbles under his breath which I can't catch it well.

"What"

"Nothing, just leave.. You need to go home. It's late" His voice is soften. I bite my inner cheek.

"I don't want to" I refuse, staring hard on him.

"You need to, Hana"

"What if, I don't want?" I boldly ask him with slightly stubborn build up inside me. His sweet expression fades away instantly and replaced with a serious face in front of me.

"Do you want me to kiss you again? this time it's not going to be on your forehead, but I want your lips" He simply says, looking at me right in the eyes. His lips pull into a tiny smirk that almost visible.

I step backward a bit and my mouth apart in surprised. He did it again. This time, I don't feel like hating on it.

I close my eye to calm myself. Then encounter his dark eyes again "Okay"

I slowly stand up and take my bag before hanging over my shoulders. Without glancing him twice, I make my way quietly over the door before passing it. The long hallway greeted me again and I turn as I walk down like a live corpse. For a few steps I took, my feet stop for a moment, biting hard my lower lip while calculating myself alone in the spot.

I take a deep breath afterward.

"This's not right" I turn back and walk up to the lab room. The moment I stand by the door, I stop myself and my eyes land toward his figure who are still sitting in the same position, haven't changed at all. Plus, he is sleeping there. So peaceful and beautiful. My lips crack into a small smile.

I decided to not enter the room, instead waiting him outside. I don't want to go home yet as I lean my back over the wall in the hallway, staring straight on the floor beneath me. Five minutes passed, I lift my gaze and wander around then I see he is standing in front of the door lab, watching me in silent with his backpack hangs in his right shoulder. I didn't expect he'd came out this early. I thought he was going to take a nap for some more.

"Daehyun-ah" His name softly escapes my mouth as I push away my body from the wall. He doesn't budge and keeps on staring. I stand there in super nervous because I don't obey him just now. I will assume he is mad at me due to how flat his expression is. No smile at all.

"Y-You've saved me, I-I just can't leave you like that. It's inhumanity." I explain with an uneven voice, even somehow it sounds so extreme. Bluntly, I can't shake off how restless I am if I let him alone, it's like I was having anxiety disorder which I worry it so much, even it doesn't need to.

Again, he doesn't respond.

He is no longer stiff himself but proceed to walk ahead which I'm observing him in edgy. His presence secretly give me a weird effect which I can't tell what is it. He approaches me and the second thing I know, he leads me over to the wall and trap me there with his hand beside my head. I promptly hold my breath and my eyes enlarge as I press myself hard on the cold wall behind me. His face is just a few inches with mine, and those cuts still can't possibly hide how good his face is despite the clearness of his skin was showed in front of my sight. He's flawless and incredibly handsome with suit himself well to even be an actor or model in the future. I snap out from my thought when he shots me a flame gaze which I feel my blood is running inside my body.

"You.. "He breathe out, narrowing his eyes over mine. ".. really drives me insane" His tone dropped low which running down my spine an instant.

I found myself short-breathing as I push his chest a bit with my hand "Y-yah.. You're scaring me" I stammer upon my words. I don't look at his eyes anymore but stare on those loose ties he is wearing now. They are hanging in front of me which I think that's the most interesting thing to look.

He as if realized of something and immediately back away from me. It's such a shame if he think I'm in a trauma after what I've through for being the victim earlier. No, that's not what I'm scaring about. To be honest, his seriousness has scared me, oddly when he always plays around with me by his dirty mind instead.

"I'm sorry, let's go" He steps backward then start to walk down the hallway. I look at him and mused of what just happened a minute ago before shaking my head. I run after him and poke his shoulder.

"Don't misunderstand, I still don't like you" I say, trying to light the mood up, perhaps.

I thought he is going to remain quiet, but a glimpse of his usual smile appears on his lips. "I know"

My heart jolt up for his response even a bitterness still in there. I'm wondering why am I starting to feel different just now. I observe his facial expression and there's a force on it. His smile is not really coming from his heart and I begin to bother about it.

...

I pass all the homework of my classmates to our math teacher as a told. Then, politely bow to him after done. The atmosphere in the teacher office room is a bit quiet compare to the outside. I observe around a bit and some of the teachers are busying with their paperworks and I just shrug it off and arranging my step to the door. My hand reaches the knob but someone from other side already did it for me and slide it open. I almost jump because of it as my heart skip a beat for a moment.

I lift my head up and to be greeted by our gym teacher, Mrs Lee. She is wearing her casual clothes, with her black T-shirt. Her dark brown hair pulled into a simple ponytail. The way she dressed seem like a young teenager despite her age is around thirties. I'm impressed by her beauty and at the fact she's having two childs already.

I backward instantly and bow my head to her, allowing her to walk in first. She just looks at me with a smile. "Can you help me on something?"

"Oh?" I meet her attractive eyes. "Ah.. Yes" I smile too, nodding my head.

"I have an emergency right now, so I left my students in the pool room. I can't go to them because I need to hurry. Can you go there and tell them to just stay in the classroom instead?" Her eyebrows creased while talking and she really looks like such in hurry. I feel bad and just agree without thought.

"Thanks kid. I totally can count on you" She pats my back and sprint off to her table. I blink and proceed to walk again with a shrug. I straight up to the different block and head to the pool school that placed a bit far from my classroom. A capitulate sigh left my mouth as my feet walks in steady. I believe the next class started without me right now and I'm not sure what kind of excuse should I tell the teacher later. I guess, today is not that good for me. I'm seriously lost my mood.

The moment I get there, the large room filled with a loud choas of their laughter and there's around twenty female students linger around. I have no idea to how should I give the message to them because yelling over them is not the best choice either. I'm not that brave, so I just thenically gesture to one of them and say it directly. Once they received it, almost all of them whine over it and begin to go out from the room one by one. I've not moved yet from my spot which I supposed to. Since they are my junior, I feel like I've been held a heavy responsible to take care of them when there's no teacher around.

I thought the room is empty already, but not until I noticed a small group of girls gathering at the edge of a wide pool. I take a glance and suddenly a shriek echoes in the air before I saw one of them pushing a girl inside the water. The rest breaks into a satisfied laughter.

"Yah!" I yell, because their behavior was noticed by me and I'm so shocked with it.

Realizing my presence here, they all run away and dash out from the room before I be able to catch it. I'm about to chase after them but stop myself when the girl inside the water, asking for help.

"Help... Help me! I can't swim" Her voice goes between sinks arise, trying to float herself as much as possible. My body stiff and I'm out of thought.

"Please.. help Me" her voice is muffling with bunch of water, probably she has drank them a lot. Her friend is there too, but only screaming her name over and over. I know there's no one is going to save her, so I throw my fear aside.

I think I have a confidence on this.

I toss off my shoes and socks before jumping into the water. Unfortunately, It's a mistake when I can't feel a floor beneath my feet and I start to panic overly. I don't know this pool is deep enough to swallow me. I want to cry, not because of me but the girl is going to die too. I try not to scream and immediately reach the surface of the water to get some oxygen for myself. I can see a glimpse of someone is calling my name, my eyes goes to him in blurry sight. It's Daehyun.

I have no idea how he got here but that's not a problem to think about in such a situation. So, I fight to stay floating while seeing him jump into the water.

A hand pulls me to him "You pabo!"

Breathing in relief, I quickly wrap my legs around his waist and hug his neck tightly before my other hand wipe off the cold water on my face, opening my eyes that I'm not realized I've been squeezing them.

"Youngjae" I breath out.

I'm shocked, he's not actually a person I expected it in the first place, because I saw Daehyun a minute ago.

Youngjae ignored me, as he drags me to the edge of the pool and take me out from there. I sit on the floor with completely soaked and cough the water out of my mouth. Youngjae on the other hand, is watching me hard.

"Don't even do a stupid thing again" He firmly warned me. Apparently, he still remembers that I can't really swim. I encounter his gaze, and a pure sincere filled inside his eyes. My heart soften with it. He gets up and ready to leave me when I call him instantly.

"Youngjae-ah" He stops and turn to me.

Gradually, my lips crack into a soft smile "Thank you" I say to him

He's quiet, and his facial expression still remain tense.

"Don't smile" He seriously says, approachimg me and wrap his dry school blazer around my body. "Please, keep on hating on me, Hana" his eyes turned in a sorrow. "I prefer this way"

I press my lips together and watch him walk away. No matter what, I still want to forgive him. He had realized his mistake toward me and Yes, he's exactly my second ex boyfriend.

"The girl!" I just remember about that poor girl. Ah, those bastards. I never thought there's some bullies in this school. I quickly turn around and breathing out a relief to see she is completely safe, who is honestly was saved by Daehyun. He's there, watching a friend of her comforting the girl. I manage to smile and pushing myself up. My body shiver badly as I coldly walk to the door, dashing out of the pool room.

Told ya'll, my day is not good today.

About thirty minutes, I step out from the bathroom. My uniform had changed into gym since they are soaked badly. Guess, I need to wear this until school end. Instantly, I let out a heavy sigh as heading to the locker room.

The room fell silent when nope of students are here. I approach my locker before swinging open and putting my wet uniform there. After done, I slam the locker close and turn on my heel.

"OH MY..!" I jump in startled when Daehyun's figure greeted my sight as soon as I turn around.

"Yah, you scared me" I rub my chest, clenching my teeth harder. He is standing there with his expressionless face and staring on me straight. I thought he was a ghost for a second then, shaking my head off.

"What" I say when there's nothing coming out from his mouth. My eyes observe his soaked uniform and wet hair that went down over his forehead. His lips grow reddened probably by the water earlier and his skin almost goes pale. I narrow my eyes over him.

"Who was he?" Finally he decided to speak. My eyes quickly find his and frowns deeply.

"Who?"

Seeing my confusion face, his corner lip curl up all of sudden, almost invisible. "The one who saved you"

I press my lips into line while running my gaze somewhere "Ah, he's just nobody" I simply say.

"Nobody? Are you sure? But looks like he's somebody to you" he asked nonchalantly and I can feel the tension in his tone. I study his face and surprised to see how calm his expression is, comparing to the way he is talking to me right now.

But I seriously didn't lie about it. Youngjae is nobody any longer. He has nothing to do with me the moment we broke up. For some reasons, I love how he sounds so jealousy. My heart almost melted.

"Seriously, I said he's nobody to me, so he is" I firmly stated.

"You're lying" He insists me, crossing his arms over his charming chest.

Immediately, I clutch my jaw silently while staring hard on him. "Do you know what 'nobody' even means?"

He smirks, "Of course, I do. I have a smart brain" He brags that I almost pull his wet hair in anger right here right now. I roll my eyes.

"What is it?!" I challenge him. He quickly runs his fingers through his hair as pulling them behind, gazing over me warily.

"Well, nobody is.." He trailed off with abruptly a strange grin. My eyes become tiny in curious with his next words when he unexpectedly start to sing "I want nobody, nobody but you"

I scoff right away. He even annoyingly dances it in front of my face.

"I can't believe this" I snort then deciding to leave him by himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


There's probably two or three chapters to go before it's complate :)

Thanks for reading anyway ^^