Chapter 18: Unprecedented

Faking crush on me

 

Upon force after force, eventually I give in, having no choice left. I'm totally steamed because of Soyeong keeps on pestering with requesting me to go along to the Prom.

This is bull. I don't find any reason for me to tag along to this kind of event. Though, picturing me in there is the worse thing ever I've imagined it. It doesn't suit my image. I rather be at home and sleep or reading Novel until the midnight.

"Serious?! You're going?" Her voice up to one more octave than a minute ago. I don't know how high her pitch can go but this one is totally not good. Because people are staring at us for a second. People who know Soyeong's personality must be chicken out over her loudness. Sometime, I got confused by her personality too. It's perfectly remind me of my sister. She has this confusion side either.

"That's because to keep you from bothering me with 'prom' thing" I say with a complete boring face. It's has been like two weeks she forced me to go. She even put me in such a situation like in Taylor swift's music video 'You Belong To Me', where the guy finally realized her in the night prom after so many efforts. Does she mean I might get a kiss from someone over there? OMG this girl is full of imagination. I think, she is the one should be in the situation, besides, she is wearing glasses. I believe if she took them off, there's probably one or two guys will look at her intently. Who knows. Like Moon Jongup.

"Well, I just want to have an experience going to a prom once in my life" She gives a childish excuse to me. The long walkway is busy with variety of students, as we're heading to our block.

"Why don't you just ask Moon Jongup to be your date. That's going to be more suitable" I throw her a suggestion. Her face fell while her step start to grow slow motion. She seems uncomfortable when I mentioned her crush name. I grin, raising my eyebrows in taunt.

"Err.. I guess I need to stop by the toilet" She suddenly announced. I quickly narrow my eyes to her when both of our feets stop halfway in the middle of the pathway. Some of students almost run into us because of it.

I'm about to open my mouth but then, she sprints off along the way and leave me hang in there. She managed to shout at me some words.

"Don't forget to wear nice dress next week and meet you after school, bye-bye Hana-ah" She disappears through the crowd. I'm speechless for beeing abandoned by her and have a million thoughts are running in my head.

I wonder why she is like running away when I brought up about Jongup? That's strange. This girl is starting to lose interesting to him or what?

I hope she doesn't.

I inhale the freshest breeze around me and keeps walking. It's almost end of our lunch time. 

Taking more step, my shoulder bumped into something. I turn to the side, ready to apologize but got cut off immediately.

"Hey, watch where you're walking!" A surprisingly shriek voice greeted my ears. It's a girl. 

I don't have a chance to speak when another voice come in.

"Hana?" A low gentle voice ring up. I focus at the boy that clinging his arm around the girl's shoulder.

Kim Myungsoo.

My face flicks over into a grimace expression, especially at the girl that look more disgusting in my eyes. She's like a cheap girl with those thick make up all over her face. I'm not surprised when she is not the same girl from before. Though, He's playing with multiple girls in this school. That's ignorance.

Myungsoo drops down his hand from the girl's shoulders and gestures her to go first. But the girl seems refuse as her fingers tuck over his tie school in seduction. I roll up my eyes over the awful sight yet I don't move even an inch.

He adjusts his glasses before pulling off her hand away, his expression turned serious afterward "Enough, Lizzy. Just go" He mutters in slightly firmer.

The girl scoffs and finally stomp off in huff. I watch her walk ahead and his skirt beeing hit by a strong wind. I can almost see her underwear. How come she wears such a short skirt in the school? 

It's sad when the rules school didn't take them seriously.

"Can't you just stick only one girl?" Those words roll out from my mouth mindlessly. Since he was my friend before. I still do care about him. It's might sound weird but Myungsoo is a different case from all, he approached me and only being my friend. Not my boyfriend. Similarly, he had the same reason to get my sister. When I found out he was being fake, I left him and warned to not meeting him anymore. He really did. We agreed to return like a stranger. Now, he is opposite after he talked with me a few weeks ago. I wonder why.

"I will if you're being my girlfriend" He says so casually.

I dart my gaze over him "What's wrong with you lately? Do you like me?" My eyebrows knot together.

He laugh and it's so much remind me of Jung Daehyun. 

"But I hate a liar like you" I blunt in unkind way. He smiles, adjusting his glasses again. 

"I know, Hana" He says, sighing.

"I don't deserve you after all" He adds.

I nod, shamelessly agree with it. "Seriously, you should stop playing with girls. Don't break their hearts because I know how does it feel. It's painful, Myungsoo. You do know girls are weak, you should protect them not otherwise. Don't be full of yourself. Find the real one and make her yours forever." I remark as my lips form a sincerely smile.

There's comfy silent around us before he breaks the ice.

"Then, Can I make you mine?"

"No, except me" I firmly says and walk off. Here again, I hear his laughter from behind. I can feel our friendship being rooted again.

....

In the afternoon, I crack open my bedroom door from inside, feeling all anxious within my body. The long hall is empty and a small sigh released my mouth. Tonight is the day for a prom. I don't know the time flew fastest than I'd remember. A week has passed after I shut Soyeong down about prom and now I have to prepare for it which is truth I didn't exactly. I didn't really take them serious. I didn't look for a dress and stuffs. Now, I lost in my thought to how should I find one for tonight. I have no make up things on my dressing table, except those lip balms.

The idea popped out an hour ago when I know the actual person who is capable to help me in this situation. I know who has tons of dresses in the wardrobe and I know who has a dozens high heels and makeup.

That's the reason I'm here, peeking around and planning to walk in my sister's bedroom without her conscious. At this time, she probably have a nap and I use this opportunity to trespass. I step out and slowly shut the door back before making my way to her room in the middle. 

I take some breaths down my throat and my hand draw the knob of her bedroom door. I twist in caution and crack open. The view of her room come right into my sight and a sweet smell exposed in my nose. Strong and comforting.

I spot her, who is lying down on her queen bed with a arm covering her closed eyes. Her Tshirt roses up a bit, revealing her cute tummy. It's beautiful sight for someone like her. I wonder how do I look when I'm sleeping. Should I ask Daehyun then? He has been witnessed my sleeping face before. Arh, just remembering them, make me having metal breakdown.

Shrug off the weird thought that creeping up my brain. I tip toes over her big wardrobe in the corner of the room and start looking through it. Apparently, the dresses hang in line and I get a headache when I found myself lost again. How come I choose one of it?  They are look stunning pretty with a various of colors. In the meantime, I'm not sure which colors suit me better. I hiss silently.

The bed let out a crack sound behind me when my sister changed to another position. I freak out and without turning, my hands quickly check one by one on the dresses. I try to look for a dress that not revealing skin so much.

Then, a yellow dress distracted my whole attention. It seems simple and nice, so I grab this one and hug them tight, before shutting the wardrobe back. I glance over my sister way, and she is like in a deep nap. I secretly released a breath that I held a minute ago.

I take a slow step over the door and when my hand reaches the knob, a voice echoes in the room.

"Make sure you close the door"

Shoot! I don't response instead, quickly get out of the room and shut the door hard. I stand there in frustration because of get caught by her which I believe since the beginning I got into her room. I totally cursed myself for my failure.

Biting my bottom lip, I give up as I open back her bedroom door and found her who are sitting upright on the bed, grinning hard to me. 

I Facepalmed.

"Err, are you going tonight?" My voice sounds nervous. 

She shakes her head, "No" 

"Oh" My mind try to process some thoughts. I have not heard she goes to any prom before, either last year or a few years ago.

I just consider she doesn't have a date partner, despite she never has a boyfriend before and now.

"Me and Soyeong are going without a partner" I tell her just in case.

She frowns over my words "Really?"

I nod while showing her a tiny smile. Then, a small amount of silence fell in the room. We both just run out of the words. I clear up my throat, feeling awfully weird when the awkwardness took over us even we are siblings.

"Anyway, thanks for borrowing me a dress Unnie" I timidly say, still embarrassing.

"Yeah, I'm allowing you to 'steal' it" She playfully says to me. I instantly show a toothy grin by her small sarcasm yet didn't offend since I know she is not serious at all.

"Sorry, hehe" I can't help but giggle silently. She amused and drop down her body on the bed, waving her hand off to me. Satisfied, I shut the door then rush to my own room.

My mind full with the thought of how do I look a like tonight. I hope, I'd didn't appear bad in a way people gross out of it.

 

 

 


No Daehyun in this chapter, sorrry :)

And sorry for updating a short one.. HEHE