Chapter 28: Freer

Faking crush on me

 

"Are you going somewhere today?" I ask by the door. 

my sister is picking on her clothes while I passed by her bedroom. The thought about Daehyun's text yesterday, flashback clear in my mind yet I still act cool. It's the only way to not ruin the whole plan that have been arranged by that Jung Daehyun. I still have not figure it yet if my sister agree on his offer or not. All I need to do is to remain calm and be professional. I can't jump on conclusion. 

"My friend of mine, asking me out for a drink. So, we'll have a little talk for a bit" She answered it which surprised me as well because I thought she would never tell me. Bluntly, she is quite secretive with me. 

I just play along and nob as if I'm not interested that much. But in my head, I'm pretty sure she wants to meet Daehyun. I turn around and ready to walk off from her room but stop myself dramatically as look at her again. 

"Can I borrow your phone for a sec?"

My sister who are busying getting dress is distracted by my request. She gazes toward my way "Take it"

"My phone is somewhere to be found now, I need to make a call" I told her, but she seems don't care about it which I breath in relief. After taking her phone, I escape myself and slip in to my own room, shutting the door close. My palms are breaking into sweat, totally insecure. I walk back and forth in the middle of the room while clutching hard on her phone and mine is lying fine on the bed. I'm in the dilemma and wondering if I have went this far that might gone wrong. I shake my head immediately.

I also can't help myself of being curious. I'm seriously dying of it that I can't stay still. I inhale long and release a heavy breath through my nose. 

At some point, I composed myself and setting down on my own bed. I can't waste this precious time, my sister might break in my door and asking for her phone. I take a deep breath and finally slide open her Samsung phone. She doesn't lock her phone like mine too. It seems like that's one thing we have in common so far. I go to her tons of messages, hopefully she didn't delete his text for the god sake. 

However, my heart is drumming violently under my chest, after seeing Daehyun's name was written in one of those. It's like his number had been added in her contact list. The blood rush into my body and I don't know what kind of feeling greets me. 

I tap open and reading the conversation they had before. 

Sure, it seems important.

That's what my sister replied his text yesterday.

Cool. I'm going to meet your at nearby cafe in your house tomorrow. Around 1 pm.

Alright, I have no problem with it, see you tomorrow.

I glance at my alarm clock on the table and it's showing 12.15 pm. I still have a time. I jump off from the bed and walk out of my room and go to my sister's room next to mine. She is lying down on her stomach on the bed while reading a fashion magazine. I hand her a phone with an innocent face and walking back to my room. I managed to mumble 'thank you' to her and got her nod.

At my room, I change my clothes as I grab a short sleeve simple yellow T-shirt and a pair of dark jeans. I put them on as fast as can and I almost fell down while wearing jeans, since it's super tight and hard for me to pull up. When I completely done getting dressed, I wrap my self with a casual leather jacket.

I make my way downstairs, bring along a handmade mafla since it's almost winter and the weather is pretty cold outside despite snow is not coming yet. I meet my mom in the living room and I told her, I'm going out because I was bored and she didn't suspect anything.

Once I'm outside, I put on the mafla around my neck and covering my chin and mouth by it then I begin to take my walk down the road. The cafe is not that far. 

...

I arrived there finally and there's fewer people I have predicted and around it quite quiet. The design of the shop is not that plain and boring, but maybe around this time people still prefer staying at home instead. I can't tell, plus it's weekend when the time for them to rest. I push the glass door open and a bell rings once. I walk up to the counter and to be greeted by a nice worker. She is wearing a beautiful uniform and by the age she looks around my age. I have came here for a few times and this is my first time seeing her. She might be the newbie here so I give her a small smile. Without looking over the menu, I make the same order I always did. 

"A cup of hot coffee latte and two butter donuts, please"

I'm not quite fond with sweet things like cakes, so thoses are the only snack I used to eat. She nods, pushing the numbers to the cash machine "Wait a sec"

I wait and wandering my gaze around the cafe, I still have not seen a figure of Daehyun yet, so that's mean I came here early which really my plan. I open my phone and there's still 1O minutes left before reaching 1 pm. I try to throw out my panic and remain calm as possible as I can, fixing my mafla over my neck.

"Here your order" The girl smile and placed the meal in front of me. I shove my phone inside my jacket pocket then handing her the money. After done with the payment, I take the tray and walk up to the empty table in the corner room. It's easier for me to not get recognized. 

By the time I placed down the tray, the bell door rings again as I glance in the direction an instant. My instinct is right. One of them is coming already, and walking ahead straight to the counter. I set myself down and pull up my mafla higher until cover half of my face. I can't let anyone recognize me in any possible way. 

Daehyun got two cup of coffee and stroll to the table near the window. It's three ahead of mine and his back faced me completely. I release a breath that I've not noticed I have been holding in. 

That was close. Cautionly, I sip a bit of my coffee before covering back my mouth. I don't think I will be able to eat my donuts. I need to keep an alert throughout this.

Apparently, he comes quite early and it suits himself much. He's always on the time. I fold both of my arms on the table and keep an eyes on him entirely, totally in focus. I can't leave a single thing out. 

A few minutes after, my sister walks in and I lower my head right away. She gives him a small smile when she saw him, and make her way to his table before setting herself down. They look more comfortable than I have even thought and don't see awkward at all. I forgot, my sister is not like me who are a bit antisocial. She's friendly and make a lot of friends around her. Her vibe is easy for people to feel pleasured by her side. She knows how to put herself in the situations and make it smooth and relax. I'm amazed by it somehow, that's why people likes to be around her instead of me. 

From here, I can see my sister's face clearly since she sat facing me and gladly, she doesn't know how I dressed today. Unfortunately, I can't hear anything at all. I sigh quietly. It seems like I got nothing for coming here. 

I just capable to wait and watch, but in the meantime, my heart is starting to feel uneasy. They have been in serious talk almost half an hour and only Daehyun, who is the one talking while my sister just being a good listener. I bite on my inner cheek and wondering about the topic they are discussing about. My coffee has left into half of it and my donuts still remain untouched.

My sister suddenly gives response, she comes forward and give him a pat on his arm before breaking into a warm smile. She is saying something and both of them, burst into laughter in just a blink of an eyes. I feel a sharper knife stab on my chest at the sight. It's so damn hurt. I can't literally put it in a word, because you know- I'm starting to give him hope and it's honestly so damn difficult to break the wall I've been built all this while after being cheated by my exes. 

It's turn up to be the same. I've walked in the wrong path again and I'm really enraged for myself for falling into it, not twice but third times.

He doesn't even love me since the beginning. I'm more shocked how good he was for acting well. Should I give him an award? He even flirted with me and acted those are naturally from him and said it that it was only for me. I gasp for air, remembering all of those automatically make me sick. I was borned to be fooled, right? Is that how they see me after saw my sister? 

I squint my eyes for some more over them and all I see, their expressions are showing they are happy. My sister still has her sweet smile plastered on her face and I believe Daehyun too. Seems like he got what he wanted already. 

I can't bear to watch it. 

A tear rolls down my cheek, and I'm enduring myself from screaming because the tension has slowly kill me inside. 

I get up from the chair and almost get them lied on the floor. The sound of it quite loud, but they don't even bother to care. Adjusting my mafla, I'm ready to walk up to the door way but bad thing, I need to pass their table first. 

The quickest I get out from here, the quickest I'll not torture myself anymore. I rush to the door, clutching strong onto my mafla to my mouth and lowerest my head low enough so my sister doesn't see me coming. But unluckily, I slip on my feet in front of their table and fell down in a second without be able to control it. I become blank immediately before I heard Daehyun's voice from behind and a light touch on my shoulder.

"Are you OK, miss?"

I back into my sense again and instantly stand up on my feet. I turn my face away and mumble quick "I'm ok" with using low tone. Then, hurriedly dash out from here. 

And I'm weeping on my way to my house, releasing everything I've been holding a while ago. 

.... 

A week has passed and my personality turned into 360 degree. I become more quiet, distancing myself with people, except Soyeong. I told her everything and she only be able to comfort me and if she was brave enough, I believe she might fight the guy who did it to me. I value her efforts who always roots me on from behind. 

I don't talk with Jongup any longer, don't joke around and somehow just talk when I think it's important only. He grows suspicious over me yet I don't care. I'll always avoid to meet with Daehyun and whenever I bump into him unintentionally, I will pretend like we are stranger and walk away. He has sent me tons of messages and call me several of times yet I don't give a . At home, I lock myself in the room distracting myself with variety of hobbies, like reading, sleeping or writing fictions. Sometimes, I listen to music the whole day. I avoid to interact with my sister and talk whenever I feel like it. 

I heard my sister is going to hold last exam before graduation from high school, so does Daehyun and Yongguk. All of them will not attend to the school next year any longer. My sister once told me that Daehyun wants to meet me so bad and I replied.

"Why would he wants to meet me? he already has you" and she was speechless for a second. I gave her a mock smile and probably surprised I have figured their game. I know Daehyun had considered me as his friend but I truly can't accept that. But then, I let out a breath and back to myself again. I don't want to be bad sister either. So, I waved my hand away "Forget it, He is not my friend anymore. By the way.. " I changed the topic instead.

Time flies fast and the next year, I step to the school a bit fresh. I'm not going to be hunted by my past starting today. They are gone, no Daehyun and no Himchan. Youngjae is the same age as mine, but he already got a girlfriend long time ago and surprisingly it's a nerd. I'm glad, he doesn't put beauty first. He had learned from his mistakes which the reason why I didn't mad at all when he came save me last year. 

I breath in the salt air that hang around the school and a cozy breeze welcomed me with a comfort. The sun is about to rise, burning my inspiration to become stronger. I'll fight to death and make my future bright. 

"HANAAAA!!!"

I heard my name from behind and when I turn around Soyeong greeted me by running here. I grin, seems like her habit has not changed. Late as always. 

 

 

 

 

 


Have you even expect ending to be like this? You know, sometimes people who staying with us longer, might as well they are not to be our last either. People come and go.  

This is supposed to be end, but I'll add epilogue for the next chapter :)