Chapter 17: His girlfriend?

Faking crush on me

 

I walk up to the closed bedroom door and crack to open it before popping out my head to check on something. I've been greeted by another bedroom's door in front of me, which I believe it's belong to Moon Jongup. My gaze wander around to the long hall and there's a living room that unclear to see from here. It's just, I can see his big television but the screen is remain blank and black to prove me there's no one in there.

"You know, you have ruined our date today"

My body jolts in startled at the abrupt voice. This guy! Can't he stops to snap me like this? It's such a grateful I don't have a heart attack.

I pull back my head inside and glance sharp at him, who is already leaning his back at the wall next to the door I'm holding. There's something wrong with the word he is using just now, that somehow realized him.

He clears his throat casually, "I mean, hang out"

I don't have mood to bring out that seriously. So, I sort of to ignore it and back to what I'm doing right now, peeking like a spy. I can hear, his small chuckle beside me, he's standing there and watching me.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask without looking in his way.

"Anything" He fastly replies me. I pull my head back again and shut the door close to focus on him. He is smiling over me. I sigh somewhat at the sight. It's really nice of him but hard for me to easily give in.

"Is Jongup here?" That's what exactly I'm afraid of. Jongup can't find out us like this, at the fact I'm inside Jung Daehyun's bedroom. Hell, I won't let it happen!

I found his face changed as soon as I ask that. I'm thinking he's disappointed for a brief second but then I watch him stretch up both of his hands above his head lazily. My eyes automatically drop down at his stomach that revealing a bit when his Tshirt lifted. Those lines on his stomach distracted myself to keep looking at it and a rush of the heat come up to my skin which I run my gaze immediately. You're insane, Hana.

Daehyun drops his hands down and stroll to his bed, leaving me by myself. I see he throws his body to his bed and lying on his back while facing his own ceiling. He still doesn't answer me which I believe he is purposely doing that.

"Yah, answer me" I angrily exhale through my nose. I follow him up until reach the bed and his eyes is on me by the time.

"He went out early in the morning" he finally told me. I frown.

"Where to?" It's out of random and his facial expressions goes tensed.

"Why you want to know? Not that important" He folds both of his hands beneath his head, running his gaze somewhere.

I found myself grow frustrated over his sudden attitude. But, I try to control it as I slam my on the edge of the bed which facing my back on him. The bed bounced a little for my roughness. I feel an odd feeling when the thought of me and him being close to each other on the bed. His gaze must stay on my back figure because I feel the hair behind my neck stood up. Now, I regret and think, should I take his chair desk instead?

Or maybe not. He just could have done something when I was asleep awhile ago but he didn't. So, there's some pieces of trust on him.

"What if he finds out I'm being here?" I murmur while looking down at my feet. The cold on the floor surprisingly comfort my footprint.

"What's the problem with it?" He sounds nonchalant and I hold my breath, beginning to indignation.

"Is it" I insist through my teeth, turning around to look at him "He doesn't-"

My words stuck in the air, when he is not lying down anymore, instead sitting up close to me with one hand supporting his body on the sheets. My eyes enlarged and my lips apart at the sight of his face in front of mine.

"He what?" He mumbles in whisper.

Oh god, save me!

"N-no, I mean.. He d-doesn't know we're quite close to each other"

"Do you think we're close enough, Hana?" He comes closer and his warm aura linger around me. That's too dangerous.

"Hm?" He goes on and lifts up his eyebrows to me. The corner of his lips twist into a shadow of a mischievous smirk. I swallow my saliva down my throat and my face is burning hot, breaking me into a sweat.

One second, his gaze is holding mine. two seconds..

"Cut the crap" I push his chest and quickly get up from the bed. He fell down back, snickering at my reaction despite I didn't push him that hard.

"So easy to reach, so hard to get" He mumbles those words almost sounds unclear. It's for himself because I don't have any idea about it. Then I hear he takes a long breath, like to remain himself to focus. I don't know.

"I want to go home" I decided, can't find the reason why I should have stay here for so long anymore. Daehyun squints to me and don't even bother to budge from his comfortably bed, smiling.

Ugh.. Annoying. So, I just simply take my bag on his desk table then walk out from his bedroom, leaving him alone.

The moment I walk down to his quiet hall, I really didn't think anything, not until I reach his living room. My supposition is utterly wrong. There's someone behind the couch, sitting down near the coffee table.

I yell loud, it's not because the person startled me but at the fact he doesn't have anything on his body but only with those shorts.

"What the fu.. " Jongup almost jumps by the voice as he gives a prompt look on my way and his face shows as surprised as mine.

"What the heck you're doing here?" His voice goes higher than usually. My body remain rigid and my feet rooted by the cold marble under me. I totally lost for words. I almost lose my grip on my beg. This is bad. I never expected to be in this situation.

I heard a light footsteps behind me and I can guess who is it. Jongup, on the other line, raising his eyebrows at the sight of Daehyun's figure behind me, wishing for an answer.

I instantly avoid his eyes and turn over to face Daehyun. His face looks nothing but boring, didn't impress. As if there's nothing to do with him.

"I thought you said he went out" I begin and Daehyun lifts his head up to me, his expression is complete blank.

"Considering what I have said to you, but I didn't say he wasn't here" He blunts. My face changed hard and my eyes darts into his in seriousness.

"He probably just came back" He shrugs. Not a bit frightened over it. I grow more irritation.

I give up, this guy successfully mess my whole life.

"Then, how do I explain to him, damn it?" My tone doesn't sound good anymore, which swallowing all my outrage down my throat.

"Just chill, Hana. It's won't bother him for sure" He told me. I narrow my eyes to him.

"Says who?"

"Me" He confidently convinced, folding his arms over his damn fine chest.

I growl under my breath, "I don't care" I grip his collars in my fist and draw him forward to face Jongup.

"You. Explain. Now" I demand firmly.

Daehyun calmly shrugs "Okay, don' have any problem with it, but later on please don't regret it, Hana" He says in a tiny smirk on his lips.

I have a bad feeling of it.

Jongup becomes impatient over us as his face showed it. "Seriously, what's going on?"

Daehyun finally stays focus and glance on his only younger housemate. He makes a brief sigh, putting his straight face on.

I try as hard as I can to not tempted by Jongup's bare upper body. He seriously built that abs on his stomach. I didn't know and I'm sure, Soyeong doesn't too.

"No, Hana is being nervous. Of course, she's here, because she's my girlfriend" Daehyun casually spills out, shoving both his hands inside the pockets.

I choke on my saliva. What the.. $&@!!

There's a few seconds, the tense air linger around.

He clears his throat.

"Oh Woah, that was fast. Are not you guys just met?" Jongup looks more impressed rather than surprised.

Then, he shrugs nonchalantly "It's good for you then" He hits the button on his laptop and continuing play the game that he paused a minute ago.

Daehyun turns over to me, "Told ya, he doesn't give a damn"

"I hate you" I snort and walk to the door but stop after a few steps. I bite my bottom lip in dilemma, breathe out hard and turn around before shouting "I AM NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND!"

Daehyun already chuckled gleefully.

While, Jongup blinks his eyes in confusion. His focus on game got snagged by it again.

....

"Stop right there!"

I cover my ears, deaf myself and scoot toward the lift. Daehyun chase after me who are impatiently push the button over and over. The lift seems slow which boils my anger high.

Then, I notice he already on my side as he is breathing loud.

"This game is not fun at all" I told him.

"I'm taking you home" He states instead, ignoring my words.

So, he really doesn't want to apologize for it. I hiss quietly, but don't object it. The door lift finally open and both of us step inside. He pushes the button close for me before selecting the level button. I stand in silence and stay my gaze ahead. He is watching me and being as caution as he can.

I hear he makes a sigh afterward. The sound of it, makimg me feel a bit of guilty in me.

Yet, I prefer don't say anything.

Being in this lift, abruptly having me in a thought of he was carrying me all the way here to his apartment. Just as I pictured it, I can't stop myself but blush hard.

Once we reached down, the door slide open and we get out of it. Daehyun fishes out his key then walk down to the parking lot. I press my lips together while following behind him obediently. This apartment looks very fancy and it's neither belong to him or Jongup, I'm not sure.

He clicks the alarm in his key, and a sound greeted the atmosphere. Daehyun approaches his car before opening the passenger door for me. I stop my feet a few inches from it and glance up at his face. He offers me a smile, figuring out that I quite don't like it with what he is doing right now.

And since I'm not in my mood to talk, I just let it off and shamefully hop myself in his car and pull the door close before he could do it for me instead. He as if can predict it as let out an almost imperceptible smile to me.

He walks around and get into the car. I just frozen myself on the seat and then, he start the engine before driving slowly, Putting a silent in the air without utter a word. I just follow the flow, if there's no damage between us.

His car pull off at the edge in front of my house gate and I glance at the clock on his dashboard.

1.05 PM

I just thought I slept in his house about two or three hours. So, I still have a lot of hours to spend in my precious bed. I wait for Daehyun to say something but he doesn't. I just consider, it's end of our day for today and calculate to open the door but then, his voice echoes inside his car, I stop midway.

"What thing you want to ask?"

I let go of the holder and turn to meet his eyes that narrowing down to me. I tilt my head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"You said, you want to ask me something? So, go ahead" He mutters.

"I already did"

"That's doesn't count" He retorts. I frown.

"You can ask about me, I'll definitely answer it" He says in a comfort tone. I'm baffled completely.

"I really have nothing to ask" I blunt sincerely. He stares at me long and breathe out.

"I believe you have one" He still insists. I scoff in incredulous.

Trust me, he's a strange boy I have ever meet.

"I mean, are not you curious a single thing about me at all?"

I remain silent and mused for a second. I do have though but, is it necessary?

"Fine, if this is what you want" I roll my eyes.

I think for a second and start to ask "What kind of girl you hate the most?"

"What's thing you are bad at? And tell me, everything you don't like in this world?" I shot him a non-stop questions.

Gradually, Daehyun cracks his lips into an amusing smile then he shakes his head, probably had it enough.

"I see, you're planning to bring me down, don't you, Kang Hana?"

"I want you to hate me" I straightforward say it and my face is serious. It's simply means of 'I don't want to get hurt anymore' but being as mysterious he is. I know he reads behind my expression.

"Try me" He challenges me. His lips twist in the corner.

"I will, definitely will" I accept it bravely, without a second thought.

"I just need to find your weakness" I mumbles almost whisper. Daehyun nods, as playing along.

"Then, good luck to you"

....

Monday in the morning , I stroll down to the locker and the air come out freshly and salty. I arrived quite early today and Soyeong probably comes to the school a bit late when I couldn't find her at the bus stop a while ago.

I lazily open my loker and take some books that I need for my class later. Then, shut it back. The wind blows my hair softly and I turn on my heel and only to see Soyeong sprint off toward me in such an hurry.

"Hana!" She keeps calling my name over and over on the top of her heart, Distracting all the students that passing by.

My eyebrows wrinkle weirdly at her behaviour. She has been pulling a shy character before and now, she seems different, totally mess up and out of it. I wait for her to come over and once she is in front of me, the first thing she does is catching her breath.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm dead, Hana! I'm dead! OMG" She clutch both of my shoulders then cover her face with her palms. I blink in clueless. I don't get it.

"What have you done?" I ask in curious. The wrinkles go deep across of my face.

She tries to calm herself by taking a few breaths then straight up her body. I just watch her in amused.

She adjusts her glasses with her fingers then meeting my confused gaze. "Yesterday, I accidentally sent my picture to the wrong number"

I make a face "That's it?" I don't find any serious on it.

Soyeong growls, "The problem is, the number actually belong to Moon Jongup"

I cover my mouth in shocked and I don't fake it, really "That's horrible"

"I know, what should I do, then? I even couldn't have an enough sleep last night" Soyeong bites her nail and the look on her face appeared in between fear and shame. I feel sorry to her.

"What kind of picture you've given him?"

Soyeong suddenly blush red. I rose my eyebrows in suspicious.

"You know, we always show off our pictures. I was planning to send it to you. So, I captured one-"

"Don't tell me, you have post your photo" I wide my eyes as big as I can and got a slap on my shoulder afterward.

"Yah, I never post such a photo to you" She defend herself. I chuckle for my overreaction.

She ignores me and take out her phone from her blazer uniform then show me the same picture of her. My eyes scan at the screen warily. For me it's looks way to common, because we have done that a few times. Sometimes, I give mine to her. So, here how the picture is showing. She was wearing a white Singlet and I'm not sure if those are kind of pajamas or else. Her hair was complete messy which I believe it was made by herself, her glasses hang low under her nose and her hand was holding a book. So, I guess she took this in middle of reading it. The point on this picture is her face. She made a y face. Oh god..

Soyeong pouts when she notices my grimace face. I squint my eyes at her and think for a second. I recall back the moment Jongup told me, he doesn't interested in any girls yet. I think it's can less Soyeong's worry.

I place my hand on her shoulder, withdrawing her attention back "Look, I don't think he cares." I say in casual way then drop my hand back.

"He probably deletes them as soon as he received it" I confidently exclaim. Soyeong holds my gaze long, trying to believe me.

"Am I that bad?" She suddenly asks.

"No, that's not what I mean" My pitch high then, I sigh. "For this while, he really doesn't into something like this. So, he might doesn't care at all and brush off easily" I smile, already picturing him complaining here and there.

"Trust me" I brilliantly assure her.

Just in time, I see Jongup is about to pass by. He notices me then greet me with raising up his hand. I return the same and give him a friendly smile. I'm in doubt if he still think I'm Daehyun's girlfriend or not. When to Soyeong, he just give her a simple glance like he always does before walking straight to the crowded hall.

"See, he seems normal" I says, grinning.

From here, I heard she releases a very long breath beside me, relief perhaps.

The bell might ring sooner or later, immediately, I grab Soyeong by her arm and lead her away, heading for our class.

"I heard, there's a prom is coming soon" Soyeong breaks the silent between us.

"What prom? I never heard of it before" I frown and focus forward instead, our feet match in the same pace.

"It's actually for the seniors and this year we're invited" Soyeong cheers joyfully out of sudden.

My expression is blank, didn't see that coming.

"I'm not going" I decided,

"Why? It's going to be fun, Hana-ah" She cutely whine, poking my rib.

"I don't have a parner date" I admit, and think it's a strong excuse to escape, But Soyeong weirdly throws me a slay smile.

"Me too, then, let's go without one" She lets out the ridiculous idea I have even heard.

"You are nuts"