Chapter 26: Gain confidence

Faking crush on me

 

"Why are you looking so down in the morning?" I ask Soyeong. We encountered at the front school, she was the late one today, so I came first without her. Now, We're walking down to our block side by side and the odd aura surrounded us, because she is weirdly being quiet as if in a deep thought. Honestly, That's not like herself.

There's half-hearted sigh left . I squint my eyes beside me. Her face grows with worry and restless which bothering me hard just now. I elbow her and immediately snap her from reality. She flinches obviously and my lips pressed into a straight line.

"You know, I just did something stupid" She begins, the air roughly "like really stupid.. "

My eyebrows wrinkle deep, curiosity. I glance at her "What did you do?"

She reminds quiet a second. "You won't believe it" she says instead.

"What? Why sounds serious? Just tell me.. I'm dying in curious here" I bluntly say, sliding my hair behind my ear while squeezing myself near Soyeong. The crowd of the students are suffocating me as well.

She scratches her head in dilemma before breathing out, "I kissed Jongup"

Intantly, I stop myself from walking and my eyes grow big as she expected to. 

"WHAT"

...

No one P.O.V

Forty minutes ago, 

Soyeong's long hair was whipped by the morning wind when she was sprinting off across the sidewalk. She was deadly running late from overslept and the school is about to start very soon, so she texted Hana to go without her. 

It's not her first time to be late though which automatically becomes her habit unofficially. She scoffed when the bus was not coming yet after she messed the first one and checking at her wristwatch hurriedly. There's two girls around her age were chatting behind yet didn't bother her at all to look at them. Her eyes wandered around the busy street in front of her and sigh. 

"kim Soyeong" Someone sings song her name

Her head spun by the voice and quite surprised to the person. He was exactly the last person that she thought he was going to call her name though. Her expression was obvious when her eyes keep on blinking at him and earned his rare smile right away. 

She was confused.

He approached her awkwardly, "Thanks god, I'm not the only one late here" He muttered and soyeong knows, it was not for her but himself. 

Her tense body slowly loose when she remembered, both of them are getting used already since Hana keeps leaving them alone. So, there's nothing special to excited about. It's still the same. He never knows she is crushing over him and she doesn't want to show it anyway, so she was just paying attention on the street again.

"You're late.."

She startled when his voice sounds very close around her and immediately her gaze find his who were standing to her side, meeting those pair of eyes that staring down softly on her. It was unexpected.

".. again?" He added. She frowned and thought this world might turned upside down because this guy is not like himself today.

She was about to respond, but a stranger girl taps his shoulder while interrupting both of them. He turned over and the girl sprays her biggest smile.

"Do you still remember me?" The girl asked, Jongup's eyes becomes tiny as they already are and furrow his eyebrows, tyring to recognize the cute girl in front of him. 

On the other hand, Soyeong was fidgeting on her spot, she keeps shifting her weight from foot to other foot. Her heart was burning weird under her chest while her gaze lingered around, trying harder not looking at them in a creepy way.

Jongup was be able to give her a uncomfortable silent and the girl flush in red from embarrassment. "I was the girl who was asking you out a week ago"

Soyeong's heart was like skip a beat, the moment her words penetrated straight in her eardrums. She bit her inner lip as forcibly to stay calm by her spot. She can feel the jealousy was growing big inside her that she needs to control it.

"Did you think your answer yet" She timidly asked with her fluffy expression that can melt anyone who are seeing it. 

"Ah.. You.. Right.. "Jongup stumbled upon his words as if not preparing anything. 

"We can go easy on this, and trying to get to know each other first, I don't mind" She turned her trick by convincing him instead. 

"I really like you, Jongup Oppa" She added and Soyeong can see she was sincere for real, those sparkle on her eyes was the same she had, whenever she saw him. It was love and care. Soyeong started to lose her balance on this, eiter she needs to just give up and move on or otherwise. It was absolutely complicated.

The bus finally appeared and heading here slowly. She chewed on her lower lip as gripping her fist into ball. Was she really going to give up? Her eyes shut tight and overcome herself eventually.

Her hand worked fast, Jongup hadn't have a chance to open his mouth yet to the girl, when she yanked in his school necktie and pulled him closer to her. Her lips press over his for a few seconds before releasing him back. His eyes wider, so does her. Both of them stunned as exchanging their gazes.

Something was like dropping on her head which bringing herself back. She quickly steps back and scooted to climb the bus. It was a mistake but somehow that was relief her at the same time, especially after watching the girl was in completely shocked. 

End of no one P.O.V

...

I enter the classroom and the first thing greeted me is Moon Jongup who is running his thumb over his lips. I can predict this much and the corner of my lips turn upright. Inhaling , I walk further in the room and head to his desk cautionly. He didn't notice me yet when his eye is staying outside of the window deeply. It's like the world around him was stop for a while. 

I plan to , so I startled him by my presence "If you love the kiss so much, just ask her out"

I swear I saw his freak out face and immediately removed his fingers from his mouth as fast as possible. I giggle low at his such a hilarious reaction. It's so much fun. His face turned all red when I caught him obviously.

"Shut up, you know nothing" He mutters, leaning his back against the chair he is sitting. It's look like he composed himself professionally. I scoff and crossing my arms over my chest. 

"You're right, I know absolutely nothing what's on your mind but I do know you like her too" I beamed proudly, because he can't deny about the fact.

He stares at me for a second, without utter anything yet. 

"You! What you have done to Daehyun Hyung?" He suddenly changed the subject. I narrow in judgement. 

"What? Yah, don't change the topic-"

"He had been so quiet yesterday" He mutters, rubbing his chin in curious. I tilt my head and unfond my arms from my chest.

"What did you say?"

Jongup meets my eyes, and smirk "I said, what you have done to Daehyun Hyung that make him went strangely quiet yesterday" 

I frown "I did nothing, and there's nothing.. "I pause, swallowing my saliva "to do with me" I murmur lowly. 

"You guys are weird. Aren't you both are dating?"

I was about to deny it but press my lips together. It's like, he still think Daehyun is my boyfriend. I thought he was smart enough to see the lie his hyung had created so far. A sigh left my mouth as thinking how to answer him without coming out such a suspicious.

"I'll just assume you guys have a little fight" He shrugs when noticing my body is stiff in tense. He's like reading my face and I put on a light smile on my face, don't feel like correct him at all.

He nods, "It would be better off you guys make up quickly"

"Say the guy who are coward enough to admit his feeling" I roll my eyes, and ready to leave his desk. 

"Is she likes me too?" He bravely asks the moment I took a step away. I stop my feet and turn over my shoulder. His expression is serious and I know, he is going to use this chance to through it finally without avoiding them again. 

"She has been like you since you didn't know her existence yet, and until now she still likes you" I remain my tone calmly then walk off, leaving him with a thought. It's time for him to open up and accept what his feeling had been told him to do, not just playing game and stuffs. 

...

The cold wind blow away through my hair as my body shiver a bit. The weather is not really good to stay outside longer. It's starting to be November this month, apparently snow is going to greet us sooner or later before school break.

The bell rings up around the area school and bunch of students are getting ready to go home, including me. I wait at the corridor, then a small figure of someone, is running down toward me, and trust me. She's so cute with that childish attitude. My lips form into a wide smile. 

Once she arrived in front of me, her feet stops running and breathing loudly. "That was a long to even wait the bell to ring, all the classes are boring. I literally can't stand it" 

I just give her a nonchalant brief 'hum', she always complaining the same things over and over again after school and the topic is never changed. Boring and boring. She said, her classmates are not really kind to her, so I kind of feel pity with her situation. 

Soyeong adjusts her unstable glasses above her nose and, grabbing my upper arm. "I guess, I won't get a response from you again"

She knows me well enough, I sort of breaking into a light laugh as agreeing with that completely.

That's my girl, understanding my act.

We both are about to leave but a voice from behind is prevent us as well. 

"Kim Soyeong"

We turn in 360 degrees with ours heel, despite my name was not being called instead. Soyeong's eyes enlarge right after Seeing the person while mine is normal as if predicting since the first place. 

Her face automatically turned red, probably getting embarrassed of a sudden kiss they had this morning. Jongup on the other hand, is standing relax as control it to not coming as creepy as he can. He is looking almost awkward and realized how much this thing is not totally matched with his image. Now, I can tell why he hated it so much.

"Err.. "He is rubbing behind his neck and I take a glance at his appearance, quite tidy than before, except his necktie that hang low like usually. His blazer still put on around his body and it's a rare sight that coming out from him. Is it because of Soyeong? 

Wow, the power of love literally make people change so dramatically. I did experienced it too. It was sick to even remember, but I kind of miss those moments somehow. No lies though.

"I'm not trying to sound creepy but can I walk you home today" Jongup asked and breaking my train of thought. I already puffed my cheeks and trying not to laugh while Soyeong already had her blank face and likely speechless with what she just heard.

Jongup side-glances over me as if ready to murder me anytime. I nob in understanding, my mouth pulls into a wide smile from ear to ear. It's absolutely amusing and at the same time I don't want to ruin his plan. It's like an important thing to both of them. 

"Oh.. Okay" Soyeong squints at me. "But is that Ok Hana-" 

"No, without her. Just me and you" He sounds bold right now, gaining a quick confidence.

I scoff right away, but still remaining my big smile on my face. Of course, I'm not following them. This is their business, I should not get involved and being such a flake girl. 

"Even it's hurt my heart-"

"Hana" Soyeong cuts off in completely guilty.

"Relax, I'm just kidding" I grin mischievous to her. Taking a deep breath, "Then, I may go first" I say as waving my hand. 

I start to turn around again and scoot off, leaving them by themselves. For a moment, I stopped by the locker room, taking my books then heading out from the block, before a hand abruptly wrapped around my left arm and drag me away. I almost shriek my voice out but didn't, since the person is someone I hardly recognized.

"Dae-daehyun"

"Follow me" He flatly demands. 

"What" I'm completely in shocked yet he still drags me as leading me to another block which I have no idea where. 

Around us had filled up by dead silent since all the students gone to home. Honestly, I was supposed to be panic right now but I found myself more chill than I should be. Daehyun releases my arm and holding my palm instead which making my stomach did a weird flick that I think it's not weird any longer. I lift my head up and confront his face but he doesn't even look at me at all. My mouth still apart in confusion.

His hand clicks open the door in front of us as a sign of "Swimming Room" greeted my sight instantly. 

"Daehyun" I try to pull back my hand, feeling all insecure but he squeezes it stronger, preventing me as well. I bite on my lower lip, and remaining to think positive as possible as I can. 

He brings me to almost the edge of the wide pool and turning me to face him. My eyes go straight into his and his face is seriously intense that I have never seen. My heart starts to pound madness. 

"W-why are we here?" I gather my courage to speak. He narrows down his gaze over me, still prefering to be quiet. 

"Dae-"

He cuts me down by approaching me slowly. I immediately wide my eyes and step back a little. Apparently, he takes it another step ahead again and I take mine backward.

"Stop! I'm going to fall down into the water" I hold my hand up in front of his face and my breath comes out difficulty as my chest goes up and down. I nearly stand to the pool, and I swear one more step I might fall for real and kill me. What's playing on his mind? 

He doesn't listen to me and stubbornly step again "I'm sorry" He whispers husky. 

The next thing, he wrapped both of his arms around my body and spin around, pushing our bodies in the water and I scream.

 

 

 


 

Here, MOON JONGUP for you