Chapter 16: Who is she?

Faking crush on me

 

I'm so sorry for the late update! Here the chapter for you ^^


 

The following morning, I have been greeted by a loud ringtone beneath my pillow. With so much force to open my eyes, my hand fumble the cell phone around my bed. Impatiently, I let out an irritation groan before my fingertips touch the thing I'm looking for.

I bring my phone near my face to peek at the number who is calling me now, but it drops down and hit my face instead.

"Ouch"

The pain of it had caused my eyes open wide and fully awake. Got to admit it, It's so damn hurt and I cry out in pain over my bed for a second. The ringtone in my phone has died for a moment, before they start to ring again for a second times.

I swear to the person who is disturbing me now to have a bad day today. Seriously, it's weekend! It's actually the accurate time to rest for people.

I pick up my phone again and quickly answer them. I'm about to throw my tantrum but my throat shut down to even let out a single voice when another voice come first.

"Hey, princess, I come to save you from the monster"

I frown at the voice that just ringging in my ear. It's sound familiar despite a bit different on the phone. I slump down my tense body on my bed when I know who is it after a few seconds.

"Crazy" That's all I manage to say, then press the red button to end the line, uninteresting obviously.

There, my phone rings again and the same number appears on the screen. It's foreign number since I never save it in my contact list.

Two seconds of ringtone, I pick them again "I don't understand, how did you get my number?"

I ask, closing my eyes and breath out. My voice sound dissatisfied over disruption in this morning.

"Because I fell in love with a pabo girl" His husky voice greeted my ear again with slight amused in the tone.

I grit my teeth. "There's nothing to do with me. So, go disturb your Pabo girl instead, not me!" I shout to him.

Daehyun laughs.

"Whatever, I'm hanging up" I growl and about to put away my phone.

"Hey, wait!" He calls out for me, the laughter vanished in a split second, but I can hear some pieces of amusing in the tone.

I did as he told me to and listen.

"To be honest, I'm in front of your house now" He admits.

"What?!" I jolt my body up "You can't be serious?" I jump off from the bed and rush to my balcony window.

"I seriously am" He says in so much calm, I can feel his smile behind the line.

I flick the curtain a bit and there, he is. Leaning his at the front his car with his hand holding the phone on his ear. He doesn't look up but just stare ahead on his shoes.

"What the heck are you doing here anyway?" I spit out and close back the curtain. I just can't handle the bright sun right now when I found my self yawn wide. I'm still in sleepy mode. After I met himchan face to face yesterday, apparently I couldn't have a good sleep last night. My mind keeps messing by the thought of our memories. At the end I fell asleep at five in the morning and now this boy destroyed it. I glance at the clock.

8.45 AM

It's ing early!

"I'm planning to take you out today, how is it?" He blunts.

"It's a bad plan I've ever listened, especially from you" I tell him, just in case to boil his anger.

"I won't let you reject me for twice after yesterday" He exclaims firmly through the line.

I scoff hard "So, what are you going to do with it?" I challenge him boldly.

"Simple, I just have to meet your parent right now and asking them to take you out with me"

My jaw clenched hard as I take a very long breath. "Fine! I hate you"

He chuckles when it works on me effortlessly. I bite my inner cheek. I hate it when the luck always on his side. I hate it when I can't fight back against him. It's like he owns me entirely.

"I don't get it, are you really asking me out?" I ask him the question with a curious frown.

"I like the idea you are thinking I'm asking you out, Hana. If you think so, yes, we're going to a date"

My stomach flip at the words and my heart is beating more fast than a minute ago. I quickly shrug the feeling away and remind myself to focus instead.

"Ridiculous, it's a hang out. You and me, we're just going to hang out because we're friends" I say it in shaky voice. I'm nervous and I want to knock myself hard on the floor.

"Well, at least you are saying we're friends" He says. I snort due to my stupidness.

"You should get ready now, I'll wait for you here" He adds when I don't say anything afterward. His voice is soft that I almost fall for it. I don't respond on his words then he ends the line casually.

I sigh in annoyance and throw myself on my bed with a rough slam. My body bounces a bit as an effect. I press my face on the pillow and scream hard.

"I want to sleep more" I lift my head back and having a metal breakdown for a moment. My bed hair looking like hell and my eyelids is getting heavy again. I'm seriously sleepy and all I want to do is, sleep all day until evening.

I rest my cheek for awhile over the pillow and shut my eyes. I begin to think how to figure out his weakness. Daehyun's weakness. He must at least has one or two. I don't think I should stick with him more often. That's going to ruin. I can't give him a single chance and for the god sake, I can't hurt him too.

I shot my eyes open and a heavy headache come after I push up my body off the bed. I rub my sleepy eyes in order to keep me awake and start to grab the towel over the hanger.

I think I know how to make him less interesting to me.

......

After put on my white canvas shoes in the doorway, I walk straight to my front gate. I got my permission from my parent to go out today and they are starting to suspect me to have a love affair with a guy. I'm frustrated. I told them he's just my friend but they didn't want to believe it, it's because my mom saw glimpse of his figure out standing by a car in front of our gate when she plants her flowers in our patio.

I bite my lower lip as I pull the gate open for myself then slide through it. The sight of Daehyun's car come into my eyes and for a second I feel an anxiety crawl up my body.

I grip the strap of my bag in my palm and breathing out the feeling away. I try not to glance at the time now. At the fact, I've made him wait for me for an hour. I did that on purpose where, I took a long shower, I put on my clothes in no hurry like so much time I spent on it and I chat with my parent for a few minutes before deciding to go out from my house.

Inside the car, Daehyun spots me standing by the gate as he raises his hand to me, gesturing to come over. He must tired waiting outside, that's why he is in the car now. I put on my straight face and approach his waited car.

The door pushed open by him and I settle myself down to the passenger seat and try to play a great action in front of him.

"I'm sorry for taking so much time" I shut the door beside me and hardly avoid making eyes contact with him.

Daehyun squints his dark eyes to me and smile. "No, it's nothing"

He pulls the gear as start to drive. I glance at his side profile of his face to find a hint of exasperation in him. He should be mad or tense for what I've done. I made him wait for an hour. But I don't see any argument in his body, nor his frustration muscles appear to show how rage he is. His body just looks normal and smooth and more relax, proofing me that he doesn't really care.

He is the kind of patience guy. So, my mission sort of failed here.

I bite my bottom lip. "Where are we going?"

The car pull into the main road, heading to the city way. I press my back against the cushion seat and glance at him.

He let me wonder for a second before opening his mouth "Let's have breakfast first" He said.

"I've already ate with my family-"

"Then, accompany me" He cuts me off, puling the corner of his lips into a coy smile to me, driving with only one hand on the steering before focusing back.

I press my lips together, wordless to even respond. I let out a quiet sigh. For brief moment, I observe him secretly. As far as I know, He is turning seventeen but the look on his face, say otherwise. His aura appear a total different with his actual age. He is like not a high school boy in general. I don't say he looks old but for me, he is someone who has this super cool appearance, like a real man with a matured face and mind. Sometime, he is making me in doubt. I want to believe him but at the same time he is like don't serious with me.

I found myself yawn again in the middle of my trance. I tear off my gaze away from his fine figure which my eyes filled up by a small amount of the tears. Inside my head, already pictured of my precious bed, to how wonderful is it. I even can imagine the pillow in front of me, inviting me openly.

I'm supposed to sleep, but I fight against my sleepy eyes instead. Jeez!

Daehyun's car passed by some of the stores in both sides of the road and lastly, stop by at the Ramen Shop. I can't believe he picks Ramen for his breakfast menu. This boy is something and I end up follow him without saying a thing. Hana, You're dense at some point.

....

My body shift a bit and my hand  the soft thing that stuck around my lower waist. My eyes close tight as if there's some glues on it that hard to open. I pull up the wide blanket to my shoulders and jerk myself to turn around on the other side, changing the position from left to the right. I found my comfortable in this bed but it's not long though when I heard the sound of snickering behind me.

I snap my eyes open in surprised because there's a male voice actually. I've been greeted by the full wall in front of me before I flip my body back and my eyes grow enlarged at the sight.

Daehyun!

I jolt up my body and sit straight on the bed, blinking my eyes.

"Yah, What are you doing here?" My pitch almost high that I'm even not realized.

There's another chuckles coming from him but he doesn't answer me yet. I frown and abruptly I sense the foreign things and noticed that I'm not exactly in my own room. My eyes quickly wander around while I bring my hand up to my messy hair, to smooth them.

The room look as simple as mine. Not much furniture in here, just a single bed, the two doors wardrobe, a small table beside the bed and there is his study table in the corner room, facing the window. The room left with so much space in the middle because I can tell this is master room when I see there's the bathroom either, connected. The wall painted with blue and white colours and the most important is this room smell like rose, filling up freshly in the air. He knows how to keep up his room in tidy and neat and his taste is so romantic that I almost cringed.

I focus back my gaze and find Daehyun's attractive eyes are on me. He is still in front of me with those wary stare. I blush at the thought he was watching me asleep a minute ago. He is in the same position, Sitting with his legs straddling his desk chair in backward with his hands fold in front.

His smile remains on his lips but not that big. It's just a tiny smile. I found my heart flutter at the sight even I have seen them a few times.

"You slept late last night" He says, not in questioning. I stay still and lost in my words. I try to find any memories to how I brought myself here, in his room. I don't remember.

"Why am I here, anyway?" I ask, avoiding his words. He sighs and his smile gone entirely but he seems unbelievable calm and relaxed in the chair. I bite my inner cheek in restless.

"After breakfast, you fell asleep in the car" He tells me eventually. "I was planning to take you home back, but I think that's not really a good idea. Your parent might kill me for it. So, I brought you here"

You mean carry me all the way here. Oh man! You're seriously something, Daehyun. I have an argue to spit out that to him.

"Why didn't you wake me up instead?" I lean my back in his wall and lower my head down, watching my hands on my lap.

He doesn't respond and hinting me he won't. So, I don't take them into personal. He probably didn't want to, because I was in tight sleep. I didn't have enough sleep. I put the scenario by my own to remain positive.

I shift forward across the bed and put down my leg on the floor to get up. He glances up at me.

"Where are you going?" His tone is soft again.

"Are you expecting me to stay in your bed all day?" I ask back in indignantly and standing right in front of him.

His lips break into a cynical smile. "It's sound cool, so I could join in with you" then he gives me a toothy smile.

I give him a death glance even my stomach flick by his words. He somehow shakes my heart for a reason. I dodge his bull and walk past him as heading to his bathroom.

I walk up to the small sink and open the water. It's running down my hands before I splash the cold water over my face. I shiver a bit at the contact. I lift up my head and facing my reflection on the mirror. I almost cover my face with my palm, remembering Daehyun had seen this ugly face. OH MY GOD.

"I just discovered, there's one thing you never say it."

I almost scream at the sudden voice. I quickly turn my head and to be greeted by Daehyun's figure in the bathroom frame door. He is leaning over it. After seeing my bare face, his expression turns into something. I can't say it whether he is shocking or stunning or cringing.

"What is that?" My voice shaky a bit as I avoid him and look at myself back in the mirror. My nose is a bit red, probably because of the water. I check my face for a second times.

Am I that ugly? The question is running to my mind as I push the strands hair out of my face.

"You never say my name ever since we met" He sounds nervous somehow.

"Oh" That's all I say because I never realized that, did I?

"Is that important to you? I don't see them as a big deal though." I casually state.

"It is. Who knows, it's may sound like sweet honey in my ears" I'm not sure he is praising or provoking me instead. His tone sounds in between sarcasm and honest.

"Do you have a girlfriend? If you don't. I suggest you to have one. You sounds desperate" I mock as I walk up to him. I notices his posture stiffed for some reason I'm not recognized when I'm approaching him.

I let my wet face without drying it. Since his tissue paper sort of ran out.

"Not yet, but I'm in the middle of working on it because this girl is pretty hard to get" his voice is above a whisper when we both stand face to face in a small gap. I didn't expect he takes them seriously. Now, I'm meeting his sparkly long lashes eyes in front of me since they are staying long on my face. Is he counting something on my face?

"That pabo girl?" I remember what he told me this morning.

Hearing the question, his reddish lips break into a wide smile immediately. I blink my eyes at the sudden expression and frown hardly. Then, I rub my forehead in confused. did I say wrongly?

I can see his eyes tremble before he starts to speak again "Have you ever had a feeling to hug someone? I want to do it so bad because she's so damn cute"

"You're drunk" I mutter then skip past his shoulder, talking with him never bring into a seriousness. His laughter fills up his room behind me and I ignore it.

I never imagined a guy who is being in love going to be like this. The worst and creepiest ever.

Anyway, Who is she? Suddenly, A part of my heart asking.

 

 


I was smiling while writing this.. OMG! My mind just full with an imagination and I can't help it. :D