Chapter 11: Jung Daehyun

Faking crush on me

 

She loves yellow color, her favorite meal is kimchi stew and sometimes it changes to soup. She usually wears skirt except in winter. she doesn't put on much make up but her face still appearing pretty without trying. She loves hang up with her friends lately and there's a lot that setting in my mind about my sister's things but get stuck in my brain absolutely when nope of them related with his question now.

I'm baffled. I never thought of that at all, because I know no one would care. I even didn't prepare any answer. It's like so random and surprising to me.

Despite, I don't look at him now but I know his gaze is burning hard on my small figure, awaiting for an answer. I squeeze my camera in my hand and bite my bottom lip in uneasy. My heart drums rapidly under my chest and it hards for me to calm my mind.

Should I tell the lie or the truth?

At the end, I take a deep breath then skip past him. His head follows where I go before dragging his feet too, coming after me.

"It's feeling.. grateful to have her." I finally said and it's true because I don't like to be a single child. At least, I have someone to fill up my lonely space upon my parent.

I walk out from the room then we're meeting with the rest place under the trees. I take a seat at the empty bench and watch the people walk back and forth along with a few of trains in front of me before his figure towering on my face, blocking my view. I look up and his eyes searching my face, trying to match my answer in the expression. He seems doesn't believe me, I assume.

"Why are you asking anyway? There's no point for you to know" I shift away my eyes at the family near the giraffe place. 

"Just want to know" He simply said, finally deciding to sit next to me. I feel my limb tense a bit at our closeness. His aura is odd for me. It's rare.

I try to act normal while my fingers run through the shape of my camera in my lap. "She's playing good as sister. I'm glad I have her, so it's like kind of weird you asked me such a questi-"

"She's pretty" He cuts me off. I shut my mouth tight, taking aback. "Like really stunning.." He is meaning in another way which I know, but hardly I tried to avoid it as possible as I can.

"All men are adoring her. That's why I ask you" He adds.

"Including you?" I mutter unknowingly, and the silent greet me only. It's about two or three seconds before I turn my head to look at him. He is staring straightly to my face and I feel like the time stop for a while around us.

Daehyun's lips break into a warm smile and his eyes soften as he tore them away from mine afterward, leaving the question hang in the air without the actual answer.

He squints down his eyes on my lap and I follow his gaze. I'm not longer gripping my camera but my hands had become into a tight fist which I didn't realize at all.

I can't deny it actually I'm mad and he knows it.

I quickly get up on my feet and release my fists open. My bare palms soaked with my own sweat which I wonder how long it was.

"What do you want actually?" I directly ask him the question I've been keeping to him since he comes into my life.

He came on purpose not technically coincidence.

I feel him get up too from the beach, even I don't look at him but I know he does. He is standing quite close to me when he starts to speak up again with an angelic voice of him.

"I do want to tell you what I want, but you might don't believe it. So let me keep it for a while"

I spin my head over him and scoff "No need to hide, you want my sister"

He lips twist into a amused smile at me and he shrugs "Yes, or maybe not"

I'm sick and I want so badly to punch his face right now.

He is like mocking me and instantly he shoves his hands in the pockets, ignoring my death glance as he walks forward.

My jaw clenched hard through the gritting teeth. I don't know where does come from when my feet work more faster than my brain as I pull out one of them and..

There, he stumbles on his feet but not collapsed down yet as he supposed to be, since he managed to balance himself which disappointing me a lot. 

The curse words nearly escaped his mouth and he turns over his shoulder and shot me a glance. Just then, his lips distort at the corner into a smirk.

"Nice try, Hana"

"I was making sure to remind you. I'm not an easy person anymore" I lift my chin up to him in no fear. He looks at me strangely happy with those beautiful eyes.

"I can see that coming" He nods, cutting down the topic.

"Shall we go find your friends now?" He fixes his leather jacket before lifting his eyebrows to me.

I don't answer, instead snort hard at him as I scoot forward, leaving him behind and he chuckles.

....

The blue sky open wide above us and the sun stood up straight at the top of our head, shedding the hot light on our skin. I glance at my watch around my wrist and it's almost evening. I don't plan to stay long in here because we still have our trip to head back to our houses. It's long journey and might as well tiring us, especially for Daehyun. He is the one will drive the car.

I spot Jongup's figure at the tiny Gift shop near the entrance gate as I speed up my pace to his way, followed by Daehyun behind me.

All our way finding my friends earlier, He was quiet in my back but still I don't care.

Once we reached there, I tap Jongup's shoulder twice to draw his attention, who are busying finger the Cola bear in front of him. He almosts jump at me and turn around to meet my blank gaze.

"Hana" He breathe out in relief. "Yah, can you not snap me like-"

"No, where's Soyeong?" I cut him off quickly and he narrows his eyes over me, sensing something is off.

"What happened? You look pissed off" Jongup ignores my question and I hiss under my breath.

"Just tell me where's Soyeong, can't you?" I'm beginning to lose my patience.

"Woah, okay, hmm.. I guess I saw her there" He spins around and point at the corner shop before looking back at me. 

I snatch my notebook back in his hand then mutter to him "I don't like your housemate"

He blinks confusingly and I ignore him as walk past his shoulder in a stomp against the marble floor beneath me.

He throws his gaze to Daehyun and he just replied with a single shrug to the Younger. His lips slightly in smile which confusing the male even more.

Jongup shrugs off the thought and he follows me, so does Daehyun. I reached at the shelf that full with strap phone and keychain but Soyeong's figure can't be found at the moment. 

I turn to Jongup. "Are you sure she is here?"

Jongup flinches at my voice. I didn't say it out loud though but I can feel he is nervous now. So, I squint hard my eyes at him.

He is quiet and I don't think he is planning to speak either. But then Soyeong appears out of nowhere.

"There you are, where are you guys have been, huh?" She frowns and give us a look, trying figure out what had caused the atmosphere around us tense and gloom.

Guys? yeah. I can predict this actually happened. Noted about The cool man of Moon Jongup..

A coward.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" I ask and emphasize the word in my voice. But Jongup deaf himself obviously, knowing I'm insinuating him. Four of us are walking out of the Zoo afterward.

"Yeah, pretty much" She joyfully admit to me before I hear a quiet mutter behind me.

"..and annoying" Jongup touched his nose.

"Did you feel like someone follow you a while ago?" I ask again and Jongup clears his throat all of sudden. I smirk.

"No. I didn't feel, though. Why would people follow me?"

"I don't know, the person like you, perhaps" I randomly said and a rough cough could be heard behind me.

"Jongup, you okay?" I turn over my shoulder and smile wide. His face is sour and red due to cough too much. I noticed, Daehyun looks at me and Jongup back and forth, feeling weird.

Soyeong mirrors me too and her gaze dart at Jongup's face in worried. I guess I went too far.

"Forget it what I've said to you" I give her a soft nudge on the elbow and grin.

"Yeah, your questions are weird and ridiculous, Hana" She pouts her lips, focusing back in front then shaking her head.

Well, I couldn't help it. I glance at Jongup and as expected, he gives me a look of 'You're dead, Hana'. I have argue to stuck out my tongue at him but Daehyun's eyes is setting on me which I don't.

....

It's almost a week after our short trip to Zoo. And now, we frequently come to the library to complete our project before a month is over. 

As usual, Jongup couldn't stop from whining and complain about how he hates this quiet place. Sometimes, it's irritating me at the point I want to cut his tongue immediately.

The clock show the number three fifteen across the wall and I'm still busying scribble down on the paper in front of me. I try my best to not screw up any mistakes in it. We are making by using our own hand writing. I mean mine only, since that bastard left that job to me.

Jongup is playing with his laptop that he brought along. What's the point coming here if he doesn't help me at all and even weirder, it's not only both of us are here. There's another person is joinning us. I mean, I can't say no since I was late.

When I come earlier, he already there with Jongup. So I definitely have no choice.

Daehyun quietly doing his assignment beside me. So, I don't bother much. We didn't speak to each other either, and I think we better stay like this.

I run my finger to Jongup's hand writing on my notebook and relieved he really did the interview to the guardian animal at the Zoo. At least, it's helping us a bit by the explanation.

Jongup suddenly turns his laptop over me.

"Hey, why don't we just copy this?" He shows me the website of 'Wikipedia'. There's something related to our topic project.

"No, it will be better if we use our own effort and brain." I said without looking up.

"You're lame" He murmurs, withdrawing back his laptop to him. I roll up my eyes.

"That's the reason you're not smart until now" I comment.

He shots me a glance through his laptop "like I care"

"I don't care too" I mutter then just by the time, my phone on the table flash a light on the screen and a beep sound comes out.

Oh, I forgot to make my phone into a vibrate mode.

I take them and change it before opening the text message I just got.

 

Please reply my message or answer my call. I do miss you, Hana

 

It's my ex again. I bet, he is nearly giving up. He had sent me tons of messages yet nope of them having my response. I'm quite surprised I've been this tough over his sudden presence again and grateful. I've proved myself I'm not a weak girl anymore. I know, I can do it.

I place my phone back before I catch Jongup is shutting his laptop down now. I look at him and watch him stuff them into his bag. He get up from the chair.

"I need to go now, sorry. See you tomorrow" He said fast and taking his bag over his shoulder. 

"Meet you at home, hyung" He excused himself to Daehyun too.

Wait? What? I'm about to open my mouth but he walks off from me, from us, leaving me and Daehyun alone which I found it is not right. 

Daehyun is confused as me too since he was too concentrate on his work a minute ago but he didn't say anything. 

I take a deep sigh and watch his figure disappear behind the door. My body straight upright weirdly and I inhale the air for a second before relaxing my tense body. 

Just ignore him. My brain told me out of nowhere.

I start focus to my work again and continue to write down. My pen moving in the air and then my phone vibrate a bit long on the surface of the table. I squint my eyes over it.

The name of The stupid jerk appear across the screen. I hiss but don't pick up the call. I let it poorly in there until they stop eventually. 

I guarantee he will stop bothering me sooner or later. I give him absolutely no chance to him. He had hurt me and I can't forget about it until now. I've tasted the fake love, so it will never be the same again.

I pick the photo that I took at the Zoo that day and run my fingers over it. I'll glue them down to our scrapbook that I'm working now.

I lift my pen and suddenly I feel goosebump around my body due to the something running on my skin, on my bare arm actually, since our uniform school is short sleeves. It's on my left arm that placed onto the table before I realized, Daehyun is the one touching me with his index finger.

I swear, all my body goes rigid and I stiff dramatically, unable to move. I don't budge my eyes to him beside me and stay still.

Not in ert way. His fingertip runs slowly down to my hand then up to my arm gently. I'm holding up my breath when it's go up, up and up and when almost reach my shoulder, he stops mid-way.

I feel the hair behind my neck rose up and my chest raises up and down in multiple feelings inside my heart before I instantly turn my head to him when he is no longer moving his finger against my skin.

He is smiling over me after our eyes finally meet. He pulls back his finger than resuming doing his work, leaving me like a stupid person. 

My lips apart slightly.

I'm confused but then something hit me. It's hard to say, There's something he's finding through me.

This guy..

Damn! He exactly wants my attention.

Now I know it.

The first thing I figure out, I hardly really need to stay away or distanse myself from him because he is too dangerous.. 

..like too dangerous to my heart to be honest.