Chapter 13: His trick

Faking crush on me

The break time almost come to the end and until now, I've spent a day near half before tomorrow come again. The time flies quite fast if we are engrossed for a bit in this reality world.

Me and Soyeong walk down to the hallway while heading to our own classes. Around us buzzing by some of students with their laughter and loud voice. It's seriously irritating for me. I don't really like the noise around me that much. In fact, I rather be in a quiet place instead.

"What was your sister want from you, yesterday?" Soyeong asks, after being silent for a few seconds.

"Nothing, she just wanted to walk home with me" I simply say, and I believe Soyeong already knows that. She squints at me.

"You know, that's not what I mean. She acted strange yesterday. It has been a long time she did that to you. I mean, walk with you. Why all of sudden?"

I can't possibly hide a thing from her. My lips form a small smile.

"Something had happened to her and it's clearly relatable with me. I actually have no clue what is it yet since she didn't tell me detail"

I noticed her eyebrows wrinkle deep in confused state. So, I continue,

"She did that possibly out of guilty or she was concerned with me. I don't know, She told me they insulted me that she couldn't stand it. I'm not sure though, all I know is she truly concerned about me which I thought she didn't before" I explain, breathe out.

She nods in understanding and mused for a minute. "It must be serious when she suddenly changed herself, in a good way I mean"

"Yeah, I think the same too" I agree with her. A smile has not left from my mouth since yesterday either. Those feelings totally bring my mood into bright that hard for me to describe with the words. It's quite a long time we build the wall between us, lacking of being together between siblings. The more we grow up, the more we barely together. The world out there changed us completely. My sister obviously the one change so much after hitting her puberty. She is making friends, following the new trend and always up to date which leaving me behind. That's how it's first started where I can't blame it entirely.

We still have a few minutes before the bell ring but Soyeong quickly excused herself, when we reached in front of her classroom.

"I need to get into class now, there's something that I want to finish" She speaks out of nowhere, my mouth instantly form a circle shape. I glance at her classroom that already filled up by half of students before looking at her back.

"Okay, see you later after school" I nod and pout a bit. I just planned to talk with her for some more when the time still allow us but never mind. It's not serious things anyway.

"As if you're going home with me" She says in mock. I chuckle at her sarcasm but didn't offend easily.

"Sure Soyeong. You can come with us too" I smile and wave my hand. She taunts then did the same. After seeing she gone through the door, I turn on my heel then resume saunter on the hard floor beneath my feet.

A few strides after, I arrived in front of my own classroom but I'm not in the mood to get in yet, so I stop and turn to the corridor, deciding to get some air and observe the view from the third floor.

I stand there and look up at the wide blue sky above me, it's like I'm facing a huge ocean when there's no a single white cloud hang there. The wind blow sheepishly around me and softly slapping my skin. I lower my gaze and stare at the nearby city over there for nothing.

My sister's face flash into my mind at the time, this morning she walked me to school too and I was touching of the way she was attempting to make a nice conversation to me. I know it's hard for her, so do to me. But, it's actually a good thing to even try. At least, she brushed off all the prejudice I've made to her.

But thinking of the fact Soyeong is alone making my heart drop into a feeling of guilty. I don't want to leave her like that even I know she might understand my situation as well. But who knows what is on her mind. We have been together almost all the time. We both come to school and go home together, then out of blue, I let her by herself. That's not a good idea but at the same time, I reluctantly to tell my sister since I'm happy to what she is doing for me. I guess, I must rethink about it again. It's not only for me but for both people I hardly love.

"She slapped that girl, I saw it" A glimpse of a tall figure appears next to me. His husky voice greeted both of ears. I nearly jump with his presence.

I turn over and squint my eyes to him. Daehyun doesn't look at me but staring stiff over the same view I'm observing now.

"What are you talking about?" I frown. He is quiet for a second, touching his soft hair in his hand before tearing his gaze away and finally look at me.

"Your sister, I was there when that happened" he simply said to me, holding my gaze into his.

I remain silent, not sure what should I respond and he knows I'm waiting more from him, so he goes on.

"Those girls are really bad-mouthed you and your sister was there at the moment, so she did what a normal sister supposed to do." He gives me his usual smile. In his eyes flickers with something I can't see. He is like hiding a thousand things from me, I guess.

I run my gaze away and return to the nice view in front of me but at the same time, I try my best to hide my smile as I chew on my lower lip. I take a deep breath and let my mind drift away.

That's strong proof for me to keep trusting my sister. She knows what she does despite our personality have a huge difference. No matter how bad looking I am to people, she will be there for me and never leave me alone. I highly guarantee with that as my confidence rose up within me.

I sense his eyes still locked up to me. An unease feeling crept up to my heart which I turn over once again to meet his metallic gaze.

"What?" I spit out, emptying up everything in my mind about anything related with him. Don't give a chance, I might fall down again over his hidden game.

"Nothing" His smile still loyal on . Sweet like a sugar that anyone could die because of it.

"I just found that what your sister did is complete charming" He confesses out of nowhere.

I scoff instantly, "No surprise though, since you like her" I roll my eyes to him.

"Yeah, I like her. Well any guy does" He admits shamelessly, then leaning in to me "but not as much as I like your smile yesterday" He adds plainly.

I'm speechless and I have not realized that my head back away from him since he purposely leaned forward. His lips changed into a sly smile when I bite my lower lip in agitated.

My heart thud loudly under my chest and I hold my breath without noticing. He seems enjoy himself when he speaks again.

"You are not as hard as I thought, Hana" his voice turned soft whisper that ringing into my ears. It drives me insane.

"Shut up" I have an urge to smack his mouth from keeps taking cheesy things. I can't help but blush furiously in front of him. I hate the fact he makes me like this. I hate him.

"Then kiss me, if you want me to shut up" He nonchalantly states. I look at him in resentful and unbelievable as ready to throw my tantrum to him.

"You-"

"Daehyun-ah" A soft voice interrupted us. Both of us, turn to the owner of the voice. I found a pretty girl instead and she is looking at us weirdly. Her eyes run to me and Daehyun back and forth and I don't know why she is here either.

Daehyun clears his throat abruptly, breaking away our closeness and stand straight again.

"Seulgi" Her name escaped his mouth smoothly and I feel something odd shift inside of my heart. He smiles to her.

"Did you find it?" He tenderly asks her and she nods before showing already used notebook to him.

"I got it from one of the girls. I don't know it might help our project or else but I hope it does." She pulls back the notebook to her chest and smile. Her eyes sparkling into something admirable whenever they land to his flawless face but she hides it as possible as she can.

"And.. is she Minjae's younger sister?" She politely asked, slightly frown asking for confirmation.

Wow, I don't know, I'm that popular in this school. I want to snort but hold it back when Daehyun is looking at me through the corner of his eyes. His lips twist into a tiny smirk.

"Yes, she is. The ugly one" He answers, nodding. My eyes wide. That's pretty straightforward.

That Seulgi girl scan my face for a few seconds then turn to him back. Her face scruched a bit at the fact that Daehyun just stated.

"But she's not.. that bad" Her voice is soft and sincere. The bell rings as soon as she finished her honest sentence. I feel pleased for once by a stranger.

Daehyun's lips finally break into a thrilling smile "Well, you got my point"

My stomach feel weird at this moment.

His hand gently pull her forearm "Let's go, we need to go to our class" He adds without even waiting for her respond. He looks at me and managed a wink. I throw him a disgust look and still in wordless state.

She nods in curiosity when she saw what Daehyun did to me. Her face changed again, quite not fond of it. A jealousy, perhaps. Their closeness had my attention completely. I think she is the same girl that Daehyun was talking with before, at the garage.

If both of them a thing, then why does he still bothering me? Oh right, he didn't get my sister yet. That's why. I'm mediation to his desire that will help him well.

Brilliant, I may add.

Both of them turn away, and begin to walk off, leaving a ton of questions behind my head. I found myself more irritation when his hand placed on her shoulder, leading her away before their figures gone to the stairway.

Two seconds passed, and I feel a small tug on my hair which I jump and turn around, to be greeted by a goofy face of Moon Jongup.

"Don't do that!" I almost yell, giving him a death glance. I touch my hair, how dare he pulled them.

"What are you doing here, anyway? Our class is going to start" He ignores my sudden outburst and speak in uninterested. Both his hands shoved inside his pocket casually.

"Nope of your business" I glance in the direction again where Daehyun and the unknown girl had been going at.

"Whatever, I just want to know about our pro-"

"I'm not in the mood, Jongup. Go away" I push his chest and skip past him before stepping inside the noisy classroom.

Jongup hardly scoffs to my coldness "What's with her, though? On period, perhaps"

He simply shrugs off and enter the class too

.....

I detour to the ladies room after the bell echoed around the school. School for today finally end and all the students go home like usual. I text Soyeong to wait for me in front of entrance block and I believe my sister is there too.

Once I go out from the room, I hear a ringing of chaos laughter that coming from the two or three boys. I don't bother much with their presence, so I keep walking.

Their laugh stop mid-air behind me then one of them calling me when they noticed me here.

"Kang Hana"

I stop my feet, holding my breath deep for a while before turning around. I have to face these hopeless guys in front of me as I see a biggest smile of the one who were calling me a minute ago.

Their school uniforms look completely messy, leaving it and reveal their tshirt instead. They look like my senior. Also, they seem older than me which having me the feeling of horror.

"It's my luck to meet you finally" He speaks up, running his hand through his black hair. He has a good look but I don't think his attitude has.

I don't say anything but stare in wary over him. He particularly awake of my caution when his lips curled in the corner.

He steps closer and I don't budge yet before he mutters "Hana. Hmm.. You got nice name, do you know that?" One step more forward.

I feel my pulse is getting fast. His bad aura greets my skin, I feel myself goes rigid automatically.

"I kindly offer you to be my girlfriend, how it is?" He straightly says his point. I have an argue to spit to his face. Go to hell.

"Do you think I'm going to accept it? If you can't get my sister than you can't get me too" I flatly say, trying to maintain my voice to not sound crack.

He laugh in no tone before his face turn into dead serious. "Hey girl, you think I want you that much? Do you know how ugly you are? Don't be such a silly. Just accept me and I'll give you everything" two boys behind him laugh in jeered.

I grit my teeth and I'm super mad right now. He just boil an anger in me. He thinks I'm a like those girls out there.

"Just accept the fact there's no one want you" his hand is about to touch my cheek but someone slap it off.

"Back off" His deep voice interrupted. His friends gasp as they see the person. He seem like having a strong power when they easily do as he told.

The guy in front of me lifts both of his hand in surrender. Give me a sick wink, he gestures his finger to his friends before they skip past us, smirk at the person behind me

"You okay?" He sincerely asks. His hand nudge my tense shoulder.

I jerk his hand away and facing him, my gaze burn up into his while speaking,

"You're just the same with them, aren't you? I'm sick" I firmly state to him before tearing my gaze away.

I hate them and I hate him because he is the one of them for sure. No boy to trust.

Adjusting my bag, I walk off from him, clutching my fist to my side.

Himchan sends my figures with strangely hurt gaze and breathe out.

I stop by to my locker to get my things before going home. I open my locker roughly and the iron sound bang loudly because of the effect .That's show how furious I am at this moment.

After done, I slam it close and Dahyun's face pop out just in time behind it. I nearly yell but swallow it. I ignore him and ready to walk but he stops me in seriousness.

"What!" I can't bring myself to control it.

"I want your sister's number" He demands in no hesitation. No lie, I offend a bit and I don't want to waste my energy to it.

I want to get done quickly and leave, so I pull out my phone without utter anything. I scroll through my contacts log. I expect him to do the same, taking his phone out but he doesn't. He just watches me unreadable.

I lift my head and rose up my eyebrows to him. He mirrors me too then, he snatches my phone out of blue.

"Yah!" I try to get back, however he holds up his hand to stop me.

I bite my lower lip and observe the way his fingers touch my screen phone fastly before handing back to me.

"Text me her number, okay" He turns and walk away and I look at him in disbelief. What the hell.. He just could take it without doing such a thing. My eyes land at the digits number that I believe belong to his.

I breath out a heavy sigh and begin to walk, heading to Soyeong and Minjae. The number of my sister in my contact list, I lazily copy it then send it to his number.

I'm about to put it back to my blazer pocket but the ringtone surprised me with the unknown number without a name. I'm in doubt but answer them eventually.

"Thank you Hana, for the number." His familiar voice come into the line. I press my lips together as I hear he makes a quiet sigh then "You pabo"

 

 

 

 


I hope you like Daehyun's character in this story, ok bye!