Epilogue

Faking crush on me

 

6 years later,

I stare out my gaze to the window office and release a deep sigh an instant. The view outside doesn't even ease my restless heart right now. I walk up back to my table and setting myself down. The office room I'm sitting now, it's not too big but it fits both me and Soyeong to manage our business. 

Both of us, had been decided to run a cafe or a coffee shop and here, we are in the middle of our way of successful. It's has been a year we owned this, apparently it went well as an expected. Plus, the shop was placed in the middle of the city where the people keeps coming and out. 

Honestly, I'm in an uneasy because there's something bothering me. I was told by Soyeong earlier, that she had set me in a blind date. I was really not prepared on that and this is the first time she even planned something like this and I'm not grateful at all. Now, it's leaving me with worry by myself. 

I can't even enjoy my day today. I make a fist into a ball and hit the table, but Soyeong's words are running through my mind all of sudden.

"You can't living like this, Hana. Try to find a man, you're getting older now. The past is not the same with right now. Before, you were dating with a boy and now you will meet a man. The real man" She said with full of sincere.

I burry down my face on the table and my shoulders slumped down in giving up. 

"But, I'm just 23 years old. I'm not that old" I mumble against my folded arms on the table. 

My phone vibrates but didn't shock me at all. I steal a glance over it and breath out before reaching out. There's a text message from Soyeong, I tap open in uninterested state. My mood has flew away. She sent me some info about the guy and telling me to meet him by 2 o'clock in the evening at the fancy restaurant nearby on the Saturday. 

This girl! 

I snort loud, I'm pretty sure this plan had been made by her boyfriend too, Moon Jongup. 

I can guarantee this blind date will never work, but I'll try it out anyway despite I don't have heart for it. 

I focus back into my work and look through the papers and filed, checking the profits we had earned for a week. I even go down and make sure the requirements are enough or else I need to send one of the workers to order them over. 

Me and Soyeong have been split our schedule into two in a week and now it's my turn while she is having her day off today. 

The clock in the wall has showed a number 5 already. Since I'm not in the mood today, I plan to go home early and let the rest of the workers to manage everything until 9 pm which actually time to close the shop.

...

Once I arrived my house, I throw myself over the soft sofa in the living room. My brother in law a.k.a my sister's husband is looking at me in a total surprised when I appeared out of nowhere. He's watching a movie while lying on the sofa next to mine yet I don't give a about his existence. I'm getting used already. He seems doesn't care either, instead shrug off. 

I let out an exhausted sigh and my sister walk in from the kitchen with a plate of some fresh fruits. She saw me and greet me with a smile. 

"What's wrong? you look such a mess today, did something happen?" She sets herself down beside me with that big tummy. 

"Soyeong" I adjust my position and straighten up my body on the sofa. "She has been set me into a blind date and forced me" 

My sister bursts into laughter, amused. I give her a death glance.

"It's a good idea, Hana. You should give it a try" She remarks after her laugh died. She even asked me in detail and I showed her a text message about the guy I have received from Soyeong. 

"Not bad" She said and I just nonchalantly respond by a simple 'hurm'.

There is a moment of silence. My sister leans in her back onto the sofa and breathe out. The topic about me slowly fades away like a foam ballon, I look at her in concern and soften afterward. "How's a baby?"

Her hand immediately rests on the top of her stomach and smile" She's fine, but it's a bit tiring to carry this since it's has been 7 months already. I'm not capable to do a lot of things"

I break into a mischievous smile, I squint my eyes to her husband who are trying hard to reach out the remote control on the coffee table without getting up from the sofa.

"Then, ask him. What have he done to you until you got this biggest stomach" I jokingly say and my chin toward his lazy husband.

Bukk!

Yongguk slips off from the sofa, ending up in the cold floor that covered by a red and white carpet, shocking by my words all of sudden. 

"Hana!" He yells with those deep voice of him and turn red as well as my sister's face. I giggle and it's like my usual habit to tease both of them. They are married two years ago which I was not expecting from the beginning. I thought- well, you know after what have I saw her and Daehyun that day, I have assumed that she was dating him. It was honestly surprised when she abruptly announced to get married and the groom was actually Bang yongguk, not Jung Daehyun. Until now, I never know where Daehyun is and if he was already married or not.

I feel a light slap on my shoulder and I press my lips together, enduring myself to laugh more, my sisters's face turns into sour as her bottom lip sticks out in pouty.

I grin and stretch out both of my hands above the air, letting out a loud groan. "I want to get a shower" I say and get up instantly from the sofa.

When I take the stairs, I saw Yongguk gets up and sit next to my sister before giving a warm kiss on her forehead. It's a beautiful thing to be watched, my lips form into a small smile before hopping up. 

I wish I could get a man like Yongguk. He's perfection and my sister absolutely deserved him. 

 ...

On Saturday, I dress a bit nicely than my regular day. I wear a pink long sleeve blouse with a simple flowers skirt and a black high heel boots. I put my hair into a cute knot and trying to appear as much as my age. My makeup on my face is not too heavy either, it suits my soft skin and clearly show the natural beauty I'm owning since I was in the school. Now, I have realized how greedy yet ungrateful I was to feel envious toward my own sister back then. 

When I arrived at the restaurant, my heart becomes wild. I'm nervous. After A long time I have been keeping myself from the boys, I found myself is unstable and my breaths are in uneven. I do some inhales and exhales for a few minutes to calm my heart and it's does worked before I step inside with a bit of confidence I have gained.

It's not like I'm going to get married, right? I convince myself. 

The atmosphere around is calm and cozy, the air filled up by a sweet scent. It's like a romantic place that using for a special couple. I blush. It never crossed my mind to come here, especially at the fact that someone is waiting for me there.

I tell my name to the server, and she leads me to the table that has been booked. I tighten my grip over my bag and keep walking, following her. My heart pounds again. I wish I don't ruin everything. 

"Here is it, miss" Her voice startled me a bit, and my gaze went to a pair of eyes while froze myself by the table. The girl left us and without me saying anything to her. 

I stand there in completely awkward, as my heart curses over Soyeong nonstop. He smiles after noticing my figure and politely mentioned me to have a sit. 

I clear my throat and slowly setting myself down in front of him, forcing a smile. 

"Kang Hana, right?" He starts. His eyes never left from my face either, it likes a magnet to him. 

I nod, and I can feel my throat jam. I can't even let out my voice too and it's going to embarrass myself. 

Apparently, he chuckles, "You look nervous. Relax, okay? I won't do anything that going to harm you. I'm a nice guy" He throws me a lame joke and keeping his lips to smile. 

"I'm sorry" I apologize and trying to give him a soft smile as sincere as I can and he approved it while nodding, his expression is probably in amused but seem like he likes it somehow. 

"By the way, I'm Park Jinyoung" He introduced, reaching out his hand for a handshake. He looks more casual than I thought with that simple T-shirt and denim jacket on it. His black hair fixed in a simple style, it suits his shape of face. 

I was about to take his hand, but suddenly someone pops out beside our table.

"Baby, are you planning to cheat on me?"

I almost jump out from the chair and automatically both me and Jinyoung look at the person in unison.

My eyes enlarge wide, "Jung- jung Daehyun"

He is standing there with folding arms over his chest, looking down at me with those gaze he used to look at me before. I found myself wordless.

"I came back!" His announces with a big smile on his face, leaning in to kiss me on the cheek, totally ignoring my baffle face. I got twice shocked by him and the guy in front of me starts to feel uneasy.

Daehyun waits for my reaction, but I have not manage to think it right. My mind is indeed blank and empty to even capture what is really going on. It's honestly so unexpected, after a long time I buried him somewhere deep, then out of nowhere he appeared in front of my face.

"I thought you've promised to wait for me, Hana. Now, I'm upset" He makes a cute pout. I blink, he is not like himself or he really did change himself as the time passed by.

"Hana, do you know him?" Jinyoung finally in and asks impatiently which grabbing my attention all over again. I look at him in dilemma because I seriously didn't see this coming at all, then how the hell I will explain it to him. 

My lips apart to utter something that can smooth the situation I'm facing it, but abruptly Daehyun takes my wrist over my lap and pull me up. 

He looks at my 'date' and turned his face in a serious expression in a split of second. "I'm sorry about this meeting between you and her, it's a mistake because she belongs to me since long time ago"

That Jiyoung guy gawked by his own seat and Daehyun immediately drags me away, leaving the guy alone.

"Wait!" I turn my head over my shoulder and saw my date is blinking himself, completely dumbfounded. But my feet still follows where he is taking me to, surprisingly unforced.  

...

Now, both me and Daehyun sit at the picnic table that place in front of one of the convenience stores. Nope of us utter anything yet and I don't know how to start to. In front of us sat two cans of soda. I've drank them half of it, so do his. My head hangs low, unable to meet him in the eyes.

"It's been a long time I didn't meet.. you" He breaks the ice between us. He breathe out lightly, before continuing "You've gone more confidence that I expected it" 

His dark eyes roams around my face with thousand of feelings which I failed to figure out since the beginning. I lift my head to him and my heart skips a beat. He is still remain the same, good looking as always.

"And still pretty" He adds, 

My face is hot by his compliments all of sudden but, I give him a timid smile and I got a return from him.

"I really don't know what to say" I admit honestly. "You're the last person I've thought to meet"

He nods in understanding, no in the mood to rush it either "I'm sorry for leaving you" He says instead, my face wrinkles in confusion.

"But I was the one avoided you" I tell him the actual truth. 

He holds my gaze long and waving inside mine with a strange flow. I can feel a loud sound in my heart, running fast. This feeling is so familiar to me. 

"I thought you didn't like me, so I decided to leave you"

I chew on my bottom lip, gathering the courage as breath in "Honestly, I was starting to like you"

His posture straighten immediately and his eyes wide in unbelievable before I add, "But thing happened.. I couldn't continue my feeling to you"

"Since when?" He leans in and his gaze turns into a shine sparkle in excitement. I'm startled when he comes closer and I backward a bit. 

"The moment you told me.. " I trail off, noticing he is getting close bit by bit. " I-I was your.. weakness"

"Are you sure, Hana?" He leans his back into his chair back and smiling big, unable to hide his happy feeling this time. 

"You liked me too, woah!" He say it to himself, his face bright and I have an urge to correct him that I still like him until now, but for that I don't have enough courage. Six years had passed, he probably doesn't have the same feeling as he felt for me before.

"Then, why you avoided me?" He suddenly asks in a serious tone, putting his arms in the table as looking straight to my eyes. 

"I saw you with my sister, so I thought you wanted her not me" I shamelessly confess. 

He is quiet for like seconds, then burst into laughter. "Seriously? So, my instinct was right, it was you that day with mafla"

I feel like to dig the ground and hide. He caught me.

Noticing my red yet embarrassed face, his laugh gradually fade away. "Listen, I met your sister for a reason and I didn't like her the way I liked you before" 

I focus on his face and study them carefully, figuring out if he's telling me the true or not. He smiles again before adding. 

"I was actually confessed to your sister that I liked you so much. I told her everything how I felt about you and wanted you that I'm capable to take care of you well. I was so desperate but you were hard to approach that's why I decided to meet her. I even told her that I almost give up on you because I thought you really didn't like me, no matter how much efforts I've tried" He breaths for air

"Then, she was there told me to not stop loving you and comfort me as giving me some strength as much as she could. I trust her, but then you abruptly avoided me. I had no idea with it and thought it would be better if I didn't meet you even again afterward"

He ends his short story in a soft expression, don't look actual tense as he was supposed to. I feel like a pang on my face and the guilty washes all over me. It was my fault to jump into conclusion without asking. I feel real bad and stupid. 

"Where have you been all this time?" My voice starts to be shaky, debating with my tears that scream to drop. 

"I was study abroad, that's why you didn't see me any longer" He still not feeling tired to show his smile while I don't have heart to show mine. 

I want to say sorry so bad but, when I open my mouth, He cuts me off by changing the topic, "Wahh look at that, the sky is beautiful, right?"

He raises up his head and stare at the blue sky above us. I follow his gaze yet don't respond him at all. 

"Seoul has changed a bit I guess" He says again, before looking at me back.

"Let's go, there's a taxi awaiting here, you should go home now. I still have a lot of things to do" He picks up his already empty can of soda. I flinch and back into my sense as I drink my soda in one go. Daehyun takes mine then toss in the nearby trash bin.

I get up and let Daehyun leads me. Deep down of my heart I desire to ask him, if he still likes me or not, but at the same time, I don't want to appear weird since I was the one rejected him since the beginning. It's an unspoken the truth.

I watch him talk with the driver then he gently opens the taxi's door for me. It reminds me to the way he did that to me a long time ago.

Once I climb in, I instantly call his name when he was about to close the door. He leans in and rest his arm on the roof taxi. 

"Hm?"

He looks at me in curious and I'm hesitate for a second, "Is there the possible that we can meet again?"

He raises his eyebrows, judging me silently before chuckling hoarsely which shuddering my whole body. His aura still strong. 

"I would like to leave it to a fate, it's quite fun, don't you think?" He winks. 

I form my lips into a circle.

He nods then ready to close the door but once again I stop him. "Anyway, thanks for ruining my date"

He smile widely, "You're welcome"

...

The next month, my sister come in to my bedroom and sit on the edge of my bed. I'm reading a new novel I have bought last week and glance over my sister for a second before focusing back on reading. Her tummy grows bigger and bigger. I totally can't wait for my first niece to come out very soon. 

She pats my back, because I'm lying on my stomach. "I have to tell you something, get up"

I growl under my breath, quite don't like when people interrupt me reading.

"Just tell me, I'm listening" I flick to the next page impatiently. I heard she takes a deep breath before a red square box with a ribbon on it slided in front of me, blocking my novel book. 

"What is this?" I get up and sit properly, cautiously take the beautiful box in my hand. 

"Open it" she demands and I did, but what greets me instead a dark green sweater dress and a pair of high heel. I frown. 

"Why did you give me this?"

She is in hesitate, and grin "I have set you a dinner with someone tonight"

"What?!" I raise my voice, and she hushes me right away.

"Again? I don't want!" I firmly state and put the box aside. She pouts "Hana, please~"

"No, I said no Unnie" I turn away, grabbing my book to read again. 

My sister suddenly clashed her palms together before begging me with those sympathies tone "He is so interesting with you. Please go for me, okay?"

I don't response. 

"Please Hana, just this once. If it's doesn't work, I won't ask you ever again. I'm promise. Please, please please pretty please" She is still in the same position, at the end I breath out roughly. Surrender an instant.

"Fine!" I snatch the box and begin to get ready with a sour face. 

Why people so desperate want me to have someone? Ughh.. Headache.

....

As a promise, here I am who are waiting for my date to come. I can't believe he makes me wait instead, is not a man who is the one should do that? 

I in the air heartlessly and support my chin with my palm. It's getting boring and my eyes observe people who are walking in and out of the restaurant. The background music is the only thing I can count on. It's soften my heart that begin to boil in anger. I'm mad to everyone honestly. How could they act like that toward me? I'm not a child and I'm still young to even thinking about married yet. My mom also rushed me to find a man. She is ridiculously afraid that I will never get married. I know my sister married early than she shouldn't supposed too, but it's doesn't mean I need to follow her step. 

I snort in huff.

A shadow of figure comes across before I heard a sound of chair is pulling out. I straighten my body right away and turn my gaze to him. 

"Yah, what are you doing here?" My tone comes out high that I unable to control it. 

It's Jung Daehyun.

He grins, "I'm coming here for dinner too, and I saw you here. So, I stopped by" 

I tiny my eyes over him, who are wearing in his white button down shirt. His both sleeves folded until reached above his elbows. Damn, even not in fully suit, he still managed to pull off the good look on him and get incredibly hotter. I will just considering he is just coming back from work. 

"I'm not a place that you can stop by every time you see me" I mutter in a mock, leaning my back and folding both of my arms over my chest.

His finger points at me all of sudden, or rather I say, My dress. "It looks good on you"

I scoff,

"Who are you going to eat dinner with?" I change the topic. He drops his hand, staring on me.

"Someone special" He says with almost serious tone. I feel a blood shots inside my body. I try not to show that I'm jealous a bit and smile. "Okay then"

Afterward, the silence takes over us before my phone rings up. I quickly dig into my bag and pull out my phone. 

Soyeong is calling me. Without asking permission from a person in front of me, I pick up instantly. In completely impolite, since he is rude too.

"Hello" I say, 

There's a silence for a moment before I heard an ugly sob through the line "Hana-ah.. Jongup is cheating on me!"

"What?"

She doesn't say anything anymore, All I can hear is her messy weep. 

"Yah, Soyeo-"

"I'm not cheating on her, it's misunderstand" Suddenly a familiar voice comes in the line instead. 

"Is she drunk now? Seriously what's going on between you guys?" my eyebrows wrinkle deep in concerned.

I heard a heavy sigh come out from him "It was my mistake, I was staying over in my friend's house last night. We played game all night and I forgot to tell her. That's the reason she is drunk now and thought I was cheating on her" 

I facepalm, "I thought you already quit playing game"

"I never say that" He denies, before adding "I only said I'll play less" He defends himself.

I raise my head and didn't notice Daehyun is staring on me intently and his lips break into a killer smile the moment our gazes meet. I gulp down my saliva and quickly take the menu book then cover my face, so he can't look at it anymore. A light chuckle appears behind the menu I'm holding yet I ignore it as well. 

"Whatever, just try to fix it back or else I'll break your neck" I whisper this time and threaten him. I still can hear Soyeong's sob even she is not speaking right now.

"Alright, alright, I get it.. Aish!" He goans under his breath and give in before ending the line. I release a long breath, uncovering my face and found no one in front of me any longer. Daehyun probably went to his girl already. I admit it, I'm a bit sad about it. 

I squint at the clock "Where he is? Why he is not coming yet?" I begin to lost my patience. Then, a waiter approaches me. I don't think I'll make an order yet, so I was about to tell him but, what I got instead, a bouquet of flowers. 

He doesn't say a word and left me again. I'm confused then a piece of card greeted me, I read them. 

 

"it's so close yet so far to reach"

 

"What is it?" I mumble in a total puzzle. Is that a riddle? Is this guy tries to play with me? I'm not in the mood and I swear, if he doesn't come, I will definitely leave this place. 

Instantly, a presence of someone comes in front of me and distracted me to look up. My gaze lands at him straight. Sighing, It's him again. 

"What now? Are you trying to ruin my date again?" 

Daehyun doesn't answer my salty words. He takes a seat calmly, fixing his ties which I finally noticed he is in suit already with that nice coat on him. I wide my eyes, don't tell me.. 

"Do you like the flowers?" His voice fulls with tender and nearly melts my heart. His lips pull into a warm smile and I'm running out of my words.

He seems predicted my reaction, so he just enjoys it as much as he wants. He clears his throat. "I'm sorry to make you waiting for so long, Hana. But tonight, I'm your date"

"Why you didn't tell me?" I ask. 

"It would not called a surprise if I tell you" He mutters wisely. I press my lips in line and still in unbelievable state. I didn't really think, he was the one asking me for a dinner. What a surprise!

"So, do you like the flowers?" He repeats again the question.

I take out the card between the flowers and show him. "What does it mean?"

He is quiet and make me dying of curiosity on my seat. Out of blue, he reaches out something in his coat pocket before placing a picture in the table to show at me. I glance at it silently, it turns out to be the same picture I found in his locker long time ago. It's me and my sister. 

I raise my eyebrows, demanding his point behind of it. 

He inhales deep " There was the day when I was a new student, I know completely no one in there." He begins

"One day, I've bumped into you and you didn't even look at me at all before walking away. I just thought you were a shy girl. But then, I began to notice a lot of guys tried to run into you, but you still remain the same, ignored them and run away. I was starting to get curious. Sometimes, I saw you fight back. It was something bold I have seen in you and unexpectedly my heart jolt up in happy."

He comes forward to me and dart my gaze deeper. "When I was in the class, a male gang starts to talk about this 'siblings' thing, I had no idea and the topic was kinda hot that time. So I tempted to know and ask them. One of them said, there was a pretty girl but have an ugly sister" He pauses on purpose, reading my expression.

Did he knows that I begin to feel uncomfortable? The past as if come flashback into my mind again. I'm honestly in trauma.

He shuts his eyes a second before looking at me again, breathe in " I was like playing along and they kept on praising the pretty one and told me I should check her out. I asked them to show at me and one of them did. It was a picture that taken secretly. Here" His finger touches the surface of the picture. I lean in to stare at it even I've seen it before.

"You know" He speaks again, I don't raise my head instead make a hole into the picture I'm staring now. 

"The first person I was distracted by is the ugly one at the back, not the pretty one. I didn't really give a damn about the others but this one only" he runs his finger across of my face in the picture and I'm speechless. 

My heart starts to pound uncontrollably as I break into a sweat. I hesitate and slowly rose up my head, and guess what? he is staring down at me in completely serious face.

"Hana, I really like you, then and now" He confesses with his narrow eyes on me. I can see the sparkle of sincerely in there and at the same time, he has been enduring the pain I have given him. Not short but for a long time. I feel a tab of guilty but happy too. I finally can have someone who likes me inside and outside. 

"I-I like you too, Daehyun. Thank you.. "My voice is shaky. "Thank you for liking who I am, Daehyun" The tears drop down on my cheeks eventually. I'm really happy.

His fingers gently wipe my tears off, "Shh.. Don't cry"

Suddenly, he reaches out his hand across the table, smiling "Will you be my girlfriend and my wife in the future?"

I stop crying immediately and straighten my body upright, watching him warily. He slowly nods and gradually I pull my lips into a small smile before intertwining my fingers into his "Yes"

 

 

 

 

 


Thank you for reading my story until the end! Thank you to who voted, subscribed and commented.. your supports are mean a lot to me!

 

I'll make a new story next!

Bye-bye!

and don't forget to support BAP's new album too #Handsup #Ego #Album

Love you guys (my readers) <3