Chapter 5: Uncomfortable

Faking crush on me

My weekend left me useless after what had happened at the park at that morning. My hapless, I was only spending my time in my bed, sleeping and sleeping, like I've been glued down on the bed. I should haven't follow my sister in the first place. I didn't do my homework either when my mood gone entirely. What a lazy , hana!

I make a soft sigh, breathing out in disappointed. Have you ever have the feelings when you want to take everything back into normal? I mean, I wish I could be the old Hana that no one ever want to give a . I want to be Kang Hana, not Minjae's sister or sister of Kang Minjae. Just Hana. Just me as a normal girl. I want them to see me like that. But..

Sigh again. It's such an impossible thing to happen though, I can't totally change the fact.

I kick off one of a tiny rock and walk down through the roadside, heading to the school. The street and trees still wet and moist from the rain of yesterday night as the cold morning tighten my skin, even I have this gray sweater wrapped over my body. I look up at the dark blue sky above me. It's clean from any clouds and I can guess the sunny will come sooner, probably would bright my mood too.

It's only me walking to school since Soyeong had text me that she will comes a bit late which boring me even more right now, despite we'd still can meet in the school. I lonely pout by myself. 

There's a silver car coming over in such an unbelievable speed and drive fast past by me. A tiny muddy water splash toward me and left a slight stains on my white shoes.

"Thank you very much" I whispers sarcastically over the car even they didn't hear it. Luckily, there's not that huge. I start walking again and trying to think positive that I'm going to have a good day today. For a second, I text Soyeong to bring her extra shoes for me since I bet she still in her house right now. This girl seriously woke up late today.

Finally, I reached the school and to be greeted by students who have the same uniform as mine. I stroll casually through the gate and approaching the block my class was in. Before I make it, I saw that Daehyun boy at our garage parking with a girl. They are talking to each other with a shy smile.

I click my tongue once "Like me, huh? such a liar"

I told ya, no one ever serious with me. My eyes still gluing over them and bamm! 

I bump against the large glass of entrance in front of me. My head feel dizzy for a second and punctuated by the laughter of other students behind me. A girl that just coming out from the block, looking at me in amusing.

"Omo, Are you ok?" She kindly asks, I found her voice a bit vibrate, probably trying hard not to laugh on my face. My face flush red and embarrassed. "I'm fine, I must still sleepy. Ahaha.." I awkwardly laugh.

She smiles wide then nod, before walking off leaving me alone by the door. Somehow, I'd know she isn't actually believe it when I hear she mutters silently on her way "Poor girl"

I feel like wanting to bang my head into the wall. That's stupid. I touch the sore part and brush a bit to less the pain, sighing loudly. I glance at the Daehyun again and seem like the incident wasn't awake by him and whoever with him. I quickly breathe out in relief. He didn't have to see me in clumsy acts again for the second times because that's unacceptable. They even didn't budge from their spots, talking and stuff. Since there's nothing to do with me, I resume walking and get into the block.

Once I get to the class, I slam my on my seat and the chair had freeze with coldness after being left for two days of the weekend. I'm about to rest my head on the table when my phone beep once inside my pocket blazer as a sign of I got a message. I pull out then tap the open button.

 

Soyeong: Mian, can't make it to school.

Me: what? why? What happens?

Soyeong: Woah calm down, haha just family stuff

Me:Oh really? alrite :c

Soyeong: Oh come on, its only a day. Tomorrow we can meet again. love u 

 

I breathe out hard then burried my face on my table, gripping my phone down. I knew it, today is not my good day. I stay like that until the first bell ring and spend the rest of the lesson with a bad mood. I'm completely feeling down right now.

When the break time come, I don't have mood to go to the canteen since I'd be by myself over there. Luckily, I've saved my bread that supposed to be my breakfast this morning but I didn't eat them. I dig my bag and found the beef bread and take them out before getting up from my seat, heading to somewhere. I think there's a place that no one around except me.

.....

"Looking at her again" I mutter, through the rough wind right after I arrived the top of our roof school.

The guy flinches as I expected. I stand beside him and as soon as my face show up in front of his sight, a warm smile appears across his light red lips.

"I got caught again, right?" His deep voice greets both of my ears. I smile and quickly admit it, "Yeah"

I grip the railing and look down, finding my sister with her friends, laughing over some stuffs. They are having their lunch out of the block and apparently that's only their special spot that they keep loitering.

"Aren't you tired? just face her already" I add and shift my gaze over him, who are still staring at my sister's small figure down there. His eyes flicks into something passion of sincerity, just how the first time I saw them before. I remember the time, when I was still freshman in this high school and at the moment, my sister and me on our way to school which is both of us was waiting for the bus to come over at the bus stop, and there's him was waiting too. He was standing beside my sister a few meter away and secretly glancing over her. He didn't notice this, where I've been watching all his movement over my sister. The way he stared at her wasn't actually like he was checking her out like in the most guys I've been usually witness, it was different. He was looking at the side of her face for long, he seemed as if he was in love with her and that's how I caught him for the first time when he finally realized that I was looking at him at the same time. He just gave me an awkward shy smile before running his gaze away, embarrassed.

I watch him and wait for his response, His name is Bang Yongguk and now he's the last year student in our school just like my sister.

"I can't" He says, without looking at me. He didn't ever hide this time and just letting me know that he is looking at my sister. I found that's charming and brave.

"I don't understand" I blunt and he laugh over my simple words. For a second, he shakes his head, gazing at me.

"Sometimes things not always easy as we thought" He wisely say.

I frown in curiosity "What makes you think it's difficult?"

He shrugs and turn to look at my sister again "I don't know, we both are like in different worlds. She seems an open up person while I'm only a coward quiet person, rather being invisible"

I remain silent over this. I think I'd chosen on his side. For logic reason, I do agree with what he said. I've been in actually same situation as him. Being known as her sister had given me a huge scar on my heart. I bet, he's afraid of something. It's something called a change. Just like how my life changed entirely after everyone finding out about me and my sister.

There's a long silent and I just let him drift in his own world.

"She's so beautiful, I want so bad to tell her that" He suddenly says. I almost choke up my saliva and Yongguk glances at me, lifting his eyebrows.

I look at him, in disgusting "Oh please, She's going to puke over the words, How many times she had heard that and it's starting to make her feel sick, trust me Oppa"

"Oh really?" He seems obviously surprised.

"Yup" I admit, "How about you tell her something unforgettable?" I suggest, smirk a bit.

He tilts his head in curious "What it is?"

I secretly smile before talking "That.. you like her? No tell her you love her very much"

Yongguk hides her smile when he caught me but then he shakes his head "No, Not yet"

"You're going to lose her" I speak without thinking. He silently sigh, probably in dilemma. There's something I have in my mind. If he dated my sister, I know there's no chance for another guy to bother me, I mean her.

"Hana, why you're so desperate? what's wrong?" He suddenly asks in concern. did he read my mind? He seems like can smelling of what am I planning now.

I unable to answer when there's a voice interrupted us in the middle of it.

"Hey"

The husky voice from behind us. We both turn over and to be greeted by a guy that around Yongguk age, having same uniform as us.

"Himchan, what are you doing here?" Yongguk asks, sounding a bit surprised at his sudden presence. I press my lips together and only watch them quietly.

"Nothing, Just coming to you" He smiles and I can see a sharp form across his eyes as they become tiniest ever. He's probably Yongguk's friend which I seriously don't know. He's handsome of course, especially when his black hair stood proudly on top of his head.

That himchan boy approaching to us and Yongguk looks at me back before muttering "Hana, you seem to like me that much, I'm honestly grateful" I'm thinking he is talking about how I've chosen him for my sister. Yes, I'd love if he was being with my sister because he's the right guy for her.

Noticing his friend already in front of us, he adds "Dude, this is Hana and Hana this is my close friend, Kim Himchan"

Close friend. Oh, I see

"Hey Hana" He greets me with his sweet smile.

I feel awkward but still response "Hey"

I don't know but his gaze is uncomfortable when they land on my face and his dark eyes meet mine for a few seconds. I turn to Yongguk and my face totally become soft back.

"I see, you guys look pretty close. Are you two a thing?" That himchan guy suddenly comments, probabaly noticing the way I look at Yongguk. I can see Yongguk is confused for a while before amusing let out his laugh at his friend's words.

"Uh no, Hana's like-" 

He has not finished yet but I cut him off immediatelly.

"Yongguk Oppa, I need to leave now." 

Both of them focus on me again when I let out my voice, especially his friend. His eyes flick in doubt. I don't have any idea what's wrong with him. but I just shrug off and have my eyes completely over Yongguk's bare face.

"Already?" He asks, I nod then give her a thin smile.

He smiles back, gentlely patting my head a bit "Ok, see you around"

I only give him a simple 'emm', glancing once at his friend before turning on my heel then walking to the exit door. From my back I hear his friend starts talking with him again.

"Oppa? You got some explanation to me, dude"

And the voice vanished away right after I close the iron door behind me.

 

 

 

 


 

Let me know if this story is starting to be boring. I'll stop :)