Chapter 4: Terribly hurt

Faking crush on me

 

"So, urm this is my house" I tell him awkwardly, definitely reminding him to stop following me now. It's uncomfortable when a guy I barely know accompany me home. He's still in position of a stranger to me.

What's his name again? Dae.. Daehyun? I think it is.

He lifts his head, looking at me for a second before glancing up at my house in front of us. I watch him observing my house in silence. He presses his lips into line "Ok"

And I wonder if he has hidden agenda, like waiting for my sister to pop out from my house or he really sincere to send me home. The part of me wanting to trust him but it's impossible there's third chance, right?

"Then, I'm getting in" I say, turning in my heel before strolling to the doorway without having a second glance over him.

Without goodbye

Without saying thank you either.

I'm thinking, Am I too rude to be like this? but he didn't stop me either until I hold the doorknob in my hand. I don't open it yet and turn around, just in case to see him but I turn out to be stupid because he's not there anymore. Like seriously, I hate myself for putting hope again even it's just a tiny. No one ever like you, Hana. get over yourself.

"I knew it" I sadly mutter. He's one of them. I knew it.

...

A loud knock on my door annoying me. I groan under my pillow where there's no sign to stop at the moment. There's the sound in between of knocking along with my name that calling me to wake up. The sun in half-rise and today is weekend, so what in the world people are bothering me right now? It's supposed to be my peace time. I bet the sign of "Don't disturb me" in front of my door didn't work on them.

"HANA WAKE UP AND OPEN THE DOOR!"

It's my sister. Her voice is unbelievable, strong and loud, despite with her face which is soft and mild.

I press harder my pillow over my ears, secretly wish the voice vanished away, but it's getting louder. I can feel my house is like going to be earthquake right now. My bad to lock up my bedroom door.

Irritation, I throw off the pillow from my face "What do you what!?"

I can feel my face crumpled when my eyelids heavy that hard for me to open it. There's seconds

"You know" She starts from the other side, her tone turned back into a gentle lady-like. I secretly not try to curse.

"Let's accompany me exercises this morning"

Seriously!

"I'm not going!" I immediately pull back my pillow over my face, groaning loud. I'm not a morning person to do such a thing.

"Hana..." She cutely whimpers.

"Just go with your friends like always!!" I shout. I don't understand why all of sudden she's interesting to invite me along into something I'm not usually do with her. It's definitely weird.

"They can't today" She says. 

That's make sense.

"Then, go by yourself" I reply half-hearted, shutting my eyes while yawning.

"Please Hana.. I don't want to go alone" She begs, knocking my door again. "Plus, It's been long time we don't spend time together. This is our golden chance I guess" She tried again. I open my eyes as I roll them up, nearly puking.

Look, how smart she plays with words. As a younger sister, she always wins. Somehow, I should have show some protests but I ended up open the door and agree. "Alright"

....

How'd I say to this. My sister is like hot and cold and sometimes up and down in her personalities. She once can be nice to me, but for some reason she can be completely mean either. She's harder to read actually. It's between wise and dumb. Have I mentioned it yet? Oddly, she hasn't dated anyone yet, instead of me who were dating twice despite it was fake. She seems so difficult to fall in love easily. She got the perfect face but still prefer to be a single girl.

I thought we're going to run a marathon or do some light jogging around the park but we only bikes here. Luckily, it seems like I don't have to pull so much energy on this. I've not been doing any exercises since forever unless in the gym class. For me, I don't need that cause there's no fat in my body that I should to burn it instead. It's same go to my sister, She's so damn skiny and every inch of her body is perfect and I don't find any reason for her to do this.

Probably, she wants to maintain her body line but I never care with mine.

"Unnie, How long we're going to bike? it's been an hour already!" I shout when she shows no sign to stop. I grip the handle of my white bicycle and looking up at the sun that already show up at the corner earth, burning my whole skin. It's time for us to go home and grab breakfast right now. 

"I'm starving" I add and whine. She seems doesn't listen to me at all when an earphones is plugging in both of her ears. Great.

I watch her biking in steady state. She looks more relax than me, who are in tense and awkward condition. Her hair had been pulled up into high ponytail style and they wave back and forth in motion by the rough morning wind. I only tied a simple loose ponytail and there's some strands hair unknowingly went out of the place, almost covering my face. She wore shorts that reach upper her knee with cute sweatshirt on her body while I only have this simple yellow shirt with a black legging. Different style. 

"Let's make one more round" She informs, shortly send me her thin smile. I thought she didn't listen.

A heavy sigh left my mouth immediately and don't complain anymore. 

There's slight sweat roll down my forehead as I wipe them away. I turn to my side and surprised to spot someone familiar is playing basketball not really far from here. What's worst, I have to bike pass the basketball court because there's no way of turning back. 

I take a deep breath. I'm not happy right now. 

I have this imagine that I would hop down from my bike then run and hide or I could just jump into the lake without any hesitation. I don't want him to see me. He had been my part before. The fact is he's the second guy broke my heart. Yes, he's my second Ex.

My heart thump angrily under my chest when we are getting near the court. I can feel one of his friends and he notices us. He stops playing for a second to watch us. No. it seems like he is checking my sister out. There's no way me as well. I'm not pretty.

My sister suddenly put her hair behind her ear and look seduction. I roll my eyes. The boy earlier seems about to faint and he drools for a minute. I can't believe my eyes.

"Stop it, you look gross" I state.

She turns and look at me "Shut up, just enjoy the show"

I tsk loudly "You mean, letting him enjoy your body?" I sarcastically say. She glances dangerously at me but doesn't utter anything afterward.

I look at the boys again and choke up. My second Ex actually is watching us now, probably just realized our presence. I'm holding my breath when the fact he is looking at me and not my sister. However, it's just for a minute, when he turns away and resume playing back. He bounces the ball away and escaping from his friends who are trying to steal it from him.

I breath out immediately and my luck isn't on my side today. Sadly, I accidently crash into the rock and make me fall down along my bike. I groan in pain as my knee sore really bad. I can feel the liquid is coming out which I think a blood under the fabric of my legging. My sister stops after she's a few feet away from me and look at me who are on the ground already.

From afar, I can hear all of the boys are laughing at me. My check turns red and I refuse to know if my Ex is one of them too. If he is, it's mean he's cruel enough to be a human especially after he hurt me.

"Hana, are you ok?" Minjae Unnie asks in concerned and sincere. I don't answer. The ashamed truly eat me up and I hate it. I'm about to cry. I quickly get up, hopping into my bike again then speed up, leaving my sister behind. I don't care if she'd get mad or what but I think my pride is more important.

She is calling me over and over. I ignore it as cycling hard, heading to my house.

I want to sleep and forget everything.

 

 

 


Sorry for the boring chapter. 

Anyway, Can you guess who is her second Ex boyfriend? (He's one of Bap) *wink*