Chapter 14: My first love

Faking crush on me

 

Once upon a time, I dated this innocent girl but then, I broke her heart...

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Hana, despite I don't deserve your apology..

From: The Stupid Jerk

 

Those words stung my heart hard as I hold back the tears that filling up in my eyes. I clutch my phone in my hand. Why must he tortures me this way? Can he just leave me alone and never bother me? I don't want to bring out our painful memories. Why he must come back and haunt my life with his useless apology.

I hate it when he keeps saying things like this, as if I'm going to give him a chance again.

Gosh, I don't care! I just don't care about him anymore. I've thrown him away from my life the moment I decided to move on. So, there's definitely a final. It won't change anything.

The strong wind around me totally didn't help me to cold down. I feel the stress linger inside me as I release a huge breath through my mouth. I shift away my gaze from the screen phone and lift up my head, to be greeted by the familiar face.

I supposed to go home by now but Soyeong asked me to wait for her for a while. She has to meet with her homeroom teacher after period of the school end. It's not something I should care much but the person in front of me has caused my burn with hotness of fidget in this wood chair of the picnic table.

I don't know what's through his mind right now that he even dare to show up in front of my face again. So, I ask him.

"What do you want?" My gaze remains sharp and there's no a single pleased on my face. The muscles tense with bitterness.

His figure stay calm and relax, trying to get a grip of himself, bearing with my coldness. Both of his hands intertwined on the table in front of him, narrowing his eyes to me.

"I've told you, I never want to meet you again" I go on when he didn't want to open his mouth to speak.

"Hana" My name escaped his almost red lips in one breath. His attractive eyes are hiding behind his glasses. No matter how many times you take a look at him. The first word would pop out into your mind is a nerd.

Well, nerd my . You don't know how bastard he is. Appearance technically doesn't show the true inner of yourself.

Hearing my name from him, I scoff instantly, shoving my phone inside my blazer's pocket. "Go away"

"No, listen to me" He retorts.

I snort hard, "Why would I listen to people who break my trust on him?"

He lets out a heavy sigh, "I'm-"

"Go away, Myungsoo. You do know, I don't want to see you again. We're stranger. Remember?" My voice comes out flat and plain, averting eyes contact with him.

He looks hurt by the fact I just stated as he drifts to his own world for a second, pondering them perhaps.

"If you don't want to go then, I'll go myself" I get up from the chair, grabbing my bag before sliding to both of my shoulders. I start to arrange the step but stop at two when he begin to talk again. He doesn't look up at me, so do I, as I stare ahead instead.

"Just so you know, I did use you to get your sister, but I never fake who I was with you back then"

I remain silent for two seconds and end up to just ignore him as start to walk again, leaving him alone.

I approach the gate and decided to wait there instead. My fingers pinch my temple a bit when I feel them throbbing in dizziness. It's because of the trouble that coming endlessly into my life. All about the boys.

Kim Myungsoo, that guy I've been trying to erase yet he still appear to my face. Never thought he would greet me face to face, we've been ignoring each other very well and it's worked and now he tried to break it. I won't let that happen.

A few of students still wander around, walking past me and through the gate. I look up to the sky above me, taking a deep breath. I've told my sister to stop walking me to school and she could just join her friends back like always. At first she was in doubt but I convinced her wisely, I'm even using Soyeong's name which I believe she awake of it.

"Hana!" I heard my name being called by someone. So I look in the direction.

Yongguk is walking to me with his cute smile. He gives me a little wave and I do the same, returning his smile. Despite, school is over, his uniform seems remain neat in a place, except those loose tie around his collar shirt. It's probably to give it the room to his skin. The weather is a bit hot today. I do notice that.

"Yongguk oppa, are you not going home?" I asks as soon as he stands near me.

He chuckles in a low voice "I was supposed to ask you that, Hana" then he nods "I am"

I nod too and my gaze travel behind him cautiously.

"Are you not with your friend now?"I try not to sound obvious in front of him. He just smile back.

"We're not a twin that need to glue together, you know" He casually jokes. I fake a laugh, secretly relief by that.

Just like that, I remain quiet on my spot, not sure what topic should I bring out. Yongguk looks at me weird when he tilts his head slightly, trying to read me. I avoid his stare and watch the tree near us.

Then, he starts to speak again "What's wrong? You look a bit down"

I'm agitated. Not sure how to react. So, I just let out a goofy grin, erasing a twitchy feeling in me.

"Nothing. I'm just a bit stress" I perfunctory say, praying that Soyeong pops out and drag me out from this situation.

I know Yongguk is sincere and concern anything about me but not all things we need to share to people, especially him. He is a guy. No offense, guys never understand girls.

"Stress because of studying?" He seems doesn't believe it but trying to play along.

I force a smile. "Yes, I guess" I look away when his gaze dart mine.

He nods again, glancing over his watch on his wrist, avoiding himself from asking more. He looks up at me then "Let's go, I take you home"

"Huh?"

"I said, I'll take you home, Hana" He groans a bit with my strange behavior. I press my lips together.

"It's fine.. Erm.. Actually, I'm waiting of someone here?" I tell him.

He frowns "Really? Er.. Your sister?" His voice shaky in nervous.

My lips form a simple smile the moment I saw his timid expression on his face then shaking my head "No, a friend of mine"

Now, he is embarrassed but trying to remain cool. I can't wait to see him with my sister together. They are going to be a great couple ever, I swear.

"Okay, then take care" He lets out his key from his pocket then wave to me as walking back to the garage to take his car. I wave back and send him with my gaze before a rough sigh come out from my mouth.

"What a day, and Soyeong! what the hell taking her so long? Ughh... Stress"

....

In the next day, the large canteen room is bustling with noises once me and Soyeong stepped in. The tables almost had been filled up full by the students. It's all blame to me. I'm always delaying for two or three minutes after the bell ring for a break time, and we both end up being in difficult state to find seats for us. Of course, my ears would be fed by Soyeong's nag all the way here. Huhu.

Both of us head up to the counter that served various of foods in row. We take the tray and start to pick up everything we need for a lunch. A bowl of rice is a must of course. After done, we linger around and wishing there's at least two seats for us.

My eyes stay focus on the crowded while walking, I spot a pair of eyes is looking over me. It's belong to Daehyun. When our gazes meet together, his lips break into a small smile. I turn away, queitly taking a light sigh. The thought of he was with the girl that day flash back to my mind, Especially, they are sitting together now in one table.

It's better for me to avoid looking in their direction.

"We're probably having our meals standing" Soyeong jokes around which I found it ridiculous. It's not accurate time for it.

"I rather eat in the class instead" I mutter through my hard teeth.

"As if the rule allow us" She casually states, pouting. She is right. I make a sigh again. When we reached almost the end of the room, we saw someone wave his hand over us. I thought it's for someone else but when his handsome face get clear in my sight. It's exactly Yongguk. He gestures his finger for us to come over and I notice there is some room for us to sit. I already released a deep breath. I guess we both looked too obvious in the middle of this room.

Before we make it to the table, Soyeong elbow me in the rib. "Yah, you okay with this?"

I frown. Her question having me lost for a while before I even forget there's Yongguk's friend beside him, my stomach drop immediately. Himchan. My bad, I didn't think of him and now I notice, he is glancing over me.

I force swallow the saliva and speak "We don't have other choice unless we eat in standing"

Soyeong seals her lips together "Okay then"

We both timidly take our seats and I sit in front of Yongguk while she took the one opposite with Himchan. I set my tray down and offer a smile to Yongguk. He does the same before continuing eat his meal again. I side-glanced Soyeong beside me and we exchanged our gazes for a while. She shrugs and an awkward feeling washed over us. I instantly throw out the thought and start to eat quietly.

"How are you today?" I'm in the middle of sipping my Stew soup but Yongguk's deep voice interrupted my concentration.

My eyebrows wrinkle as I lift up my head to face him. It seems like the question for me as well "Erm.. Fine, why Oppa?"

Soyeong is busying chew on her food but her eyes is watching both of us.

"Nothing, I thought you're still in stress mode" He honestly says, chuckle a bit.

I found myself fidget after he brought up about that. I fake a laugh "Ah.. About that.. Hmm.. " I lower my spoon down, thinking of the right words to say. My eyeballs wander around as if I'm in deep thought but end up I meet with a familiar gaze instead.

Kim Myungsoo. He's the right table behind Yongguk. I stare at him long because he's the topic we are talking about now, unknowingly. He is the once caused me feeling down yesterday.

I breathe out and tear off my gaze from him before landing to Yongguk's soft face in front of me. "I'm feeling better now" I lied.

I hardly show him the best smile, hoping he didn't see that I fake it.

He nods, yet didn't utter anything afterward.

I lower my head and eat my meal again when I feel a single vibrate inside my blazer pocket. I stop eating for second time and shove my hand to get my phone. A small groan fill up my throat. I slide the screen under the table and touch open at the text I just got.

Like usual, from my Ex again.

Let's meet, I want to talk with you.. Please Hana..

My body goes stiff for a second and wordless. This is so random. He is like getting serious. I'm afraid and at the same time I really refuse to face him, especially talking with him about us. It might changes everything. I don't want to break my own rule. I bite my lower lip and look up to look at Soyeong. She didn't notice my unease feeling. I glance at Yongguk but he is eating calmly then I move my eyes to Himchan. Only him is having his eyes on me, strong and unreadable. He as if reading me now.

I promptly drop my gaze from him and observe my screen phone again. After a moment, I make a long inhale before releasing my breath out.

I decided.

After all the messages he sent me, this is the first I give actual response. I type it down and tap a send with my heart drumming hard inside my chest.

Me: Ok, after school

....

"You have two choices" I hold up two fingers in front of Soyeong's face after we stop at the entrance block. Which me who the one stop her.

She makes a face, her face crumple into curious.

"One, wait for me or two, go home by youself" I drop my hand down.

"What are you talking about? Aren't we going home together?" She frowns. Quite lost but blame me, I didn't tell her the detail.

I breath out, "I need to stay over for a bit, need to do something" I clear my thoat once. Trying to act calm. I'm muddled in a ton of thoughts that made me harder for me to focus on the class after a break earlier.

She squints at me but still remain silent.

"It's okay for you to go first, I'd might take long" I adds, attempting to convince her. She seems not that care about it but, the way she looks at me. I can tell that she knows that I'm hiding something from her.

I avoid her stare right away and just in time, a familiar figure is coming out from the block, bouncing his head a bit at the music he's listening now. Both his ears had been plugged by white earphone and his phone in his hand. He has this look of a bad boy within him despite he's not. His school tie hangs around his neck without tying any longer. His shirt undon two buttons at the top, reveal his chest a bit. I can see his attractive collarbone which I don't know. He has a damn good body, I assume.

Soyeong didn't notice him, so I skip past her and approach him.

"Jongup"

No response.

Aish, this boy.

I bravely pull out one of his earphone.

"What the..." He turns to me and his words left half without continuing.

I show him a wider grin ever and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Hana, don't make me hit the girl in my life" He speaks through his teeth.

"Hehe, Sorry" I give him an apology look before adding. "Can you help me?"

"What?" He sounds insincere at all. He takes off his earphone on the other side and focus on me. I glance at Soyeong behind me through my shoulder. She is stunning by Jongup's presence when her eyes open wide, shocked. But then she looks at me in uneasy as if doesn't like the idea that playing in my mind now. Even, she can't figure out it yet.

"Can you walk my friend home, you're going to take a bus, right?" I asks smoothly.

Jongup chokes on his saliva and I heard a cough that coming from behind me. I smirk.

"Why would I do that? I don't know her anyway" He protests, running his fingers through his hair. I almost laugh at his words. Ridiculous.

"Then, talk with her. You will know her well" I casually say.

He scoffs in disbelief. "Somehow, I feel like I made mistake to choose you to be my partner"

"Oh yeah, Wow Thanks Jongup for willingly to help me. You're damn kind" I pat his shoulder, ignore his regretting words which didn't work on me.

He snorts under his breath, frustrated. If he's not on his right mind, he might murder me right here, right now, I swear.

"You're insane" He mutters.

"Oh good" I turn over and called unmoving Soyeong immediately.

"He said, he wants to take you home" I tell her and let her dear with it afterward, my job is done. She grits her teeth probably mad at me. But I ignore it and walk away, leaving both of them. I even wave my hand, and get into the block back.

I saunter deep in the hallway and there's the door of the staircase. I've been informed to meet at the rooftop. The thought of it, suddenly bring me to an unease feeling back. My hands clammy by the sweat that coming out of nowhere. I'm nervous.

I climb the stairs with so much effort. Not sure I can make it or not. It's not going to take long to reach there but my step grows in slower pace and it's like I'm premeditatedly doing that.

My chest is heavy, hard for me to breath normally.

The moment I push the iron door in front of me. A bright sun come in and block my eyes sight. I shut them and open for adjustment before arrange my step out to the place. The air smells salty and fresh when the wind blow strong to my direction, floating my hair.

My eyes wander around, looking for the person and I found the back of a tough body. His back is facing me entirely.

I approach him slowly. He seems being tickled by my footstep sound behind him as he turns around, showing his charming smile. During the break time a while ago, he didn't show any but only throwing his gaze to me. It's making me in insecure.

Automatically, my gaze drops to his phone in his grasp. The phone strap of a shiny marble shifts back and forth due to the breeze. My stomach flip to the sight of it. It's actually a gift I was giving him when we dated once ago.

I don't know that he still keeps them.. Since he lied to me which I think that was not necessary for him to care about such a stuff.

"You really came" His voice rings both of my ears.

I inhale deeply, "Yes. So, What thing you want to talk about, Himchan"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm not sure if you're expecting himchan or not.. but here, I revealed her first Ex..hehe

He's the one that keeps texting her, Yongguk's friend