Chapter 15: Wake me up

Faking crush on me

"I want you back, Hana"

I look at him straight, don't flinch nor surprised over his desire. I can predict since the beginning just by the way he started to send all those messages to me. His method is clear obviously. It's easy to read. That's the reason I don't want to talk about it at all.

I don't know what have gone through my mind for being here right now. Perhaps, there's a tiny part in my heart try to give him a chance again. I bite my inner cheek. I don't want that to happen. No way!

"You've thrown me away.. " I trailed off, slowly lower my gaze down "..Like I'm sort of garbage to you"

"Then, how do you expect me to give you another change again?" I lift my head to meet his eyes again.

His face shuts down immediately, his grips onto his phone tighten in his palm. I knows, he was stung by every single words I've said, but I don't care. He deserves it.

He frustrated as run his fingers through his black hair.

"Hana" His voice is soft and he steps forward.

"I don't want you back" I mutter. His feet stop right away while his eyes narrow down to my figure. Hurt.

"I'm sorry" He murmurs. I sense a note of regrettable in the tone.

I shut my eyes close for a second then open back. Then, I nod, "Apology accepted, don't bother me again"

I'm contemplating to leave the place but his voice echoes again, ringging like a lullaby song against my ears.

"I love you"

I want to laugh. Those words are not supposed to use to teenagers like us. Adults probably making fun of it. But those words somehow really exist in our young heart. It's happened to me too because,

"I loved you too, Himchan" I said to him. He holds his breath.

"Past tense" He breathe out, saying in a low voice.

"Yeah. now, not anymore" I throw him a small smile, hoping he gets it well.

"You were nice girl back then" He raises his voice a bit to keep going with the conversation that I tried harder to end.

He steps forward one more, "No, you're still nice girl until now. But, I was so fool not to notice that" He shoves his phone to his pocket pants.

I press my lips tight, giving him a space for saying whatever he wants.

"I hate myselft for hurting you, Hana. I did know your sincere where you have been putting a trust on me. I did know you loved me, but I pretended to not to. I avoid your true feelings for me because I was full of myself and now I regret because of it." He rubs his tense face with both of his hands. He looks more like helpless person for me.

"I know, I don't deserve you but somehow I do care to what you are doing, what you are thinking, with whom you are speaking. It's like all of those are important to me which it is not when I was with you before." His muscle grows in rage beneath his skin. I catch his glassy eyes, flickering shiny. He composed himself a bit and breathe out, probably don't want to show his weakness in front of me.

"I really really want to fix it back if I could. But, it's impossible. It's not easy for you too but at least I want to try, Hana. I want to gain your trust even a bit of it." There is a huge hope in his eyes.

I take a deep sigh and let the silence fills up in the air for a moment. My feet still rooted on the ground, didn't budge at all.

"I'm sorry" This time, I am the one apologized to him.

"I'm relieved, you realized your mistakes but I really can't accept you, himchan" As much as I want to give him a chance, but a part of me still can't forget that he had lied to me.

Now, I can't look at him like the way I looked at him before. It's going to be different.

His shoulders slumped down in disappointment. I feel my heart haevy at the sight. I won't let old Hana take over me right now. Old Hana was a weak girl, especially she had given full of her heart to him.

The solution is to end this immediately.

"I loved you in the past and you love me now. It's never work this way. It will be better if you forget me, Himchan" Giving him one last glance, I turn around and head to the closed door.

The winds blow strong as if disagree with my decision but I don't care. That's final. I let my hair tousled by it and pull the door open. I urge myself to not looking behind me as I bite back my tears that I've been holding a minutes ago. My mask slips off from my face. I'm not strong. My heart is screaming to me to cry but my brain tell me not to.

I'm about to climb off the staircase but I have been suprised by Daehyun's presence. He stands stiff with his back leaning on the wall, looking up at me. He is standing in the middle of stairs and I'm at the top of it.

My face tense again and I'm not sure if he overheard us or not which is not good for me. It's a bit dark in here where I can't read his face clearly. Apparently, his face is calm like always.

For a split second I open my mouth "What are you doing here?"

Due to how silent this place is, my voice echoes loud aroud us. His gaze remains stay, didn't shift.

"You don't own this school. So, I can be wherever I want"

I glower at him in irritation. Whatever coming out from his mouth, always boil up an anger inside me. He never serious.

I decide to ignore him and I hop down one step.

"Do you want me to take you home?" He asks when I remain silent. His voice pleasant.

"No, thanks" I mutter and I feel myself pathetic. My conversation with Himchan still linger in my head like a cassette. Repeat over and over again.

There's a lump in my throat out of nowhere.

When I'm about to pass him, I miss the step and all I know I'm going to fall down but his hands quickly catch me and pull me to him. His masculine arms wrapped tight around my body. I'm facing his chest and gasp.

It's happened in short time and his hot breath hit the top of my head.

"Do you want me to take you home, Hana?" He asks me for a second times with a firm voice now. His muscles tighten, hinting me that he's serious about it.

I know, objecting him is not the right way. So, I force myself to nod my head against his chest. My fingers secretly brush off the tears under my eyes that I have not realized it. He noticed that I couldn't stand by my own at this moment because, he knows about my awful situation, my problem and my miserable. Almost everything held in his hand. I can't hide it from him anymore unless showing my true self without pretending.

It's unfair. He shouldn't discover about my life. He's nobody. It's like I've been tied up to him from starting now. I can't escape but being with him to keep me safe.

There's about two seconds, when he slowly loose his hands around me, unwrapping my body away.

Once both of his hands fall to the sides, I backward cautiously without meeting his gaze and our skinship contact end by the time he released me. I take two steps away from him.

The rooftop door crack open and interrupted our moment. Me and Daehyun distracted to look in the direction and found Himchan's figure by the iron door. He is watching us with those wary eyes.

I allow myself to meet his gaze, and there's a same pain that I have before. The difference is my pain was made by him and his pain was made by his own. He is being trapped by his own game. I hope, he will find the way out.

I feel something warm intertwining my fingers and before I know, Daehyun pulls me by hand and lead me to hop down the stairs. I don't protest instead, let him. I give himchan a brief glance and decided to turn away.

When we are out from the block, I quickly withdraw my hand back from his upon noticing my Ex's figure is not in my sight any longer.

There's a hint of disappointment behind Daehyun's face but I'm not sure much because he doesn't look at me. My palm was soaked by sweat a bit after holding his.

He doesn't say anything and keeps walking ahead. I press my lips together as follow him to his car in the garage. The wind sheepishly blow to me but not as wild as I was in the rooftop earlier. I found my body loose in relax. My mind is getting empty.

Daehyun presses the button on his alarm car and open the passenger door for me. I bite my inner cheek, don't like the way he treats me now. He somehow could be fake. You know, pretending to be nice.

I have an argue to roll my eyes. I approach him who is waiting for me to get into the car and the first thing I do is shutting the door back.

He snaps and look at me weird, "What on earth are you doing, Hana?"

I shrug.

"Nothing. I want to open it by my own" I simply answer him and open it back the door.

I see his face changed. He knows, I test his patience as he swallowed his outburst on me down his troat. The veins on the back of his neck explains everything as he inhale a long breath yet don't say anything.

I shove myself in his car and a sweet scent crawl up to my nose. His car smell good. I'm about to close the door, but something hold it back. Before I knows, it's Daehyun's hand.

I look up at him "What-"

He cuts my words by crouching down and lean in to me. My eyes enlarged as a reflex and I back away a bit. His sly smirk play on his thick lips.

"This car is mine, So I can do whatever I want" He says almost whispering. I surprisingly gulp down my saliva and he hears it well when his lips break into a winner smile.

My mind already think of some dirty things but he snaps me by drawing the seatbelt then plug in around my body. My face flush red when his cheek almost touch with my lips.

I thought he was meaning to.. Arh.. It's just about seatbelt. ert you, Hana.

He turns to look at me and our gap is dangerously thin which I can clearly see his mole under his eye. He slightly back away and his eyes fall down to my apart lips before meeting my gaze back.

"I would like to know what you are thinking just now, Hana" He knows it. I feel my face burn with hotness of embarrassment.

I look away which it the best way to avoid him. He chuckles then upright back his body, shutting the door for me.

I release a deep breath that I have not realized it Holding. I lean my back and rest my head. Daehyun climbs in to the other side of the car and start the engine. He manages to throw me a glance and a smile plastered on his face. It's full of joy because he knows how to play trick on me. I can't possibly fool him. All of sudden, make me hard wonder, what is his weakness because I really want to bring him down so bad.

At the end, I ignore him and look out to the window instead.

His car slowly pull out of the parking lot and driving to the school gate.

This is my second time to ride his car and weirdly I found my comfortable in it. I breath out silently and drift to my own world. My mind gathers things I don't want to remember. It's about him again. Kim Himchan.

I dated him for only three months. There was a short time for me to fall deeply to him. I loved how the way he puts my hair behind my ear. I loved the way he speaks to me nicely. I loved the way he holds my hand softly but when reality hit me. I hate myself for not realizing he was faking himself to me. I thought he was asking about my sister out of his curiosity as my sister but I was wrong. His target really her. He wanted her not me. I was so stupid to tell him I love him while he never did. I should have known this before, I should awake of how he changed the subject eveytime I told him I love him. I hate myself for who I was before, a shame girl that begging to be loved.

I snap from my jumble thought when a single tear drop down to my shoulder. Damn! I did it again. I can't bring myself to control it. My emotions. My feelings. It's mixed together. I'm glad I'm facing this clean window or else Daehyun might notice it.

"Let me take you to the town, Hana" Daehyun breaks the silent out of blue.

I wipe my wet cheek immediately and turn to him "What?"

"I want to take you somewhere. Let's just get away from this crap for a while" His eyes focus on the road in front of him.

My face crumple in confused. This is my problem, why should I involve him along? Either he is concerned to me or not, I don't care. I run my gaze in front of me and facing the road too.

I silently scoff for myself "Why would I run away? I'm a real crap here"

Daehyun sighs on his spot before muttering. "You are not a crap"

As usual, I ignore his words. "Just take me home"

He doesn't object on it, give in. I wish he realized his mistake for hooking up on me because there's no way for me to open up to any guys anymore.

 

 


Hey, please check BAP's new song if you have not yet.. Click Here B.A.P - Wake Me Up MV

It's not a common song. Trust me, you are going to like it. The most important is you must understand message behind the MV and lyrics. It's about emotion evolution. Almost all people afraid to say it out loud but Bap did, through the music.

I'm sorry for annoying you because some of you are not their fan, you just come and read my story. I understand.