Feels Just Like A Movie

Flawless Tragedies
Please log in to read the full chapter

The blaring of his alarm clock is what made Sehun open his eyes. He wasn’t really a morning person and to make things worse it was a Monday. With a groan Sehun stretched under his covers and let out a yawn. He laid staring up at his ceiling working up the strength to get out of bed. His thoughts revolved around work and how he still didn't have the information he needed to finish his story on the increase of armed robberies. He let out a sigh knowing that as soon as he stepped into work Suho would be on his . With that in mind he got up and go ready for work.


 

Once he was showered and dressed he ate a quick breakfast and left his apartment.  As much as he hated getting up early and Mondays, Sehun still loved his job. He didn't even care about having to deal with Suho because at the end of the day it was worth it. From a young age all Sehun wanted to be was a journalist. A weird dream compared to all of his friends who wanted to be lawyers, doctors, firemen, and policemen. He couldn’t help it though his father had been his greatest inspiration. His father was one of the best journalist in the country and had taught Sehun everything he knew. He was never able to explain the love he had for his job. There was just something about uncovering truths and being able to expose the corrupt that made his blood rush. He prided himself in being one of Korea’s top journalist at the you age of 25. He had a talent for writing and for getting the whole story. He was good at analysing information and being able to see when things were fishy. Not only that., but he was bold. Some would call it reckless but Sehun didn't care. He would go anywhere and do anything to get his story. Many times he had gone beyond detectives work. He wasn’t easily satisfied so he would take it upon himself to look at all the evidence and talk to witnesses.  If he had to be compared to a fictional character it would be Lois Lane. He didn’t even mind being compared to her because she a driven journalist who didn’t let anything get in the way. Unfortunately, unlike Lois Lane, he didn't have a superman that could swoop in and save him.

 

Through his work he had inevitably come across some enemies. No one really liked when they were exposed. He had to be careful. That was part of the reason he hadn’t returned to the bar in over a week. He may be known to be reckless, but he wasn’t stupid. He knew that there was a lot of danger in pursuing this story.  Anything that had to with the mob was risky business. It made it a tad harder that he was nationally recognized. Well his name was. His face wasn’t which led him to be able to get in and out of places with some ease. He had made sure to never let the paper show his face. But he still had to be careful in not bringing attention to himself. He didn’t want the mob to catch on to his plans.

 

So he had stayed away from the bar. He knew that the employees would find it odd if they kept seeing him around never actually engaging with what the bar really had to offer. His plan was actually to return tonight, and if he finished his work at the office, then he would head there straight after. For now he needed to focus on his other stories in an effort to appease Suho who was sure to nag at him for not finishing the bigger one.  

 

Sehun pulled into the Seoul Times parking lot and parked his car in the reserved employee parking lot. After making sure he had his briefcase he headed out. As he was walking to the elevator he caught sight of one of his best friends and called out to him.

 

“You’re late!” He called out instantly catching his friend’s attention. A male that was about his height and age turned to look at him and broke into a full smile that showed his teeth.

 

“I am not! Jeez you’d think that after all these years you’d let that joke go.” His friend replied coming closer to him.

 

Sehun chuckled, “It’s still funny so no, Jongin I will not let it go.”

 

Jongin had now reached him and they both high fived in greeting as if they were still in high school. They both got on the elevator and talked about the stories they were working on. It was rare for them to see each other because they wrote for different parts of the paper. Jongin wrote for the sports section and Sehun the news.

 

They had met when they joined their high school’s newspaper club and had been friends ever since. Jongin had a really bad reputation of being late back in high school and college that only got better when he landed a job at the Seoul Times. It was mostly due to his boss Kyungsoo who didn't fall for the charms Jongin used to use on all of his teachers and professors. It was a change Sehun never thought would happen and still couldn’t believe. But it was all for the best because Jongin was doing great in his job and Sehun was genuinely proud of his friend.

 

“Hey Jongin are you free tonight?” Sehun asked before they reached the floor Jongin would get off on.

 

“Umm I should be why what’s up?” Jongin asked.

 

“I need to go to Gallery.”

 

“Gallery isn’t that.. You  know the one that's owned by Zico and Kris?” Jongin asked looking scandalized

 

“Yup. I need some more info on that story I was telling you about.”

 

Jongin let out a laugh, “I swear you get way too into things, but yeah I’ll go with you.” As soon as he said that the doors opened to his floor and he waved goodbye to Sehun before getting off.

 

Sehun smiled and then remembered the hardest part of his day was yet to come. The thought alone was enough to have Sehun let out a sigh. It’s not that Sehun was scared of his boss Suho, he just really didn't want to have to listen to the other nag at him. Suho was a great guy and and even better boss. Sehun had a lot of respect for him and even considered him one of his f

Please log in to read the full chapter